PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: Chris Paul vs Tony Parker (WCSF GAME 3)

Red Hawk #21
08-28-2014, 12:48 PM
Brilliant games from both guards in this game. Spurs came back from down 0-2 to win the series in 7. Any thoughts in retrospect?
hfg8zAj0zyQ

lefty
08-28-2014, 12:50 PM
Ginobili was awesome

jsandiego
08-28-2014, 12:53 PM
I actually was just comparing them head-to-head on basketball-reference.com. CP3 has the better numbers overall, but Tony does really well and of course has better team success in the playoffs. They've had two playoff series, and the last one vs. the Clippers in 2012 was a sweep. Tony dominated Games 2 & 3.

Chinook
08-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Brilliant games from both guards in this game. Spurs came back from down 0-2 to win the series in 7. Any thoughts in retrospect?
hfg8zAj0zyQ

Thought you were talking about 2012 for a minute. Spurs had quite a comeback on that game as well.

DMC
08-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Byron Scott actually coached a good team once in his career.

Chinook
08-28-2014, 04:41 PM
Watching these highlights makes you realize how terrible the Spurs' supporting cast was compared to how it is now. Old Bowen, Finley, Kurt Thomas. Disgusting. It was definitely going to end up getting worse than those guys, but you can still see why it fell apart for a few years.

JohnnyMax
08-28-2014, 05:00 PM
NBA Writer locks up Chris Paul

q9LpzuLAY6Q

Clipper Nation
08-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Choker vs. Coatrider

Spurs 4 The Win
08-28-2014, 05:29 PM
Watching the Spurs beat those faggots in game 7 and watching Pargo become the alpha was hilarious as fuck

ezau
08-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Choke Paul hasn't beaten TP in the playoffs. Not sure how Choke Paul would ever do that now considering the Spurs already have Kawhi and Green to lock him up.

DAF86
08-29-2014, 01:20 AM
Manu=GOAT that game I recall.

Sean Cagney
08-29-2014, 02:00 AM
Watching the Spurs beat those faggots in game 7 and watching Pargo become the alpha was hilarious as fuck

Pargo turned into damn Jordan for a quarter or so, then shot them out of the game later thinking he had the hot hand. Still they are nowhere near in that game if it were not for Pargo, he flat out went off and I remember it to this day. I thought the Spurs had the game over early on and into the second half, then he turned into Isiah Thomas for a good 15 mins.

JohnnyMax
08-29-2014, 02:52 AM
24-0 Run Game 3 2012 Spurs vs. Clippers...Chris Paul

3-qhcWZRsiw

Chris Paul he was on the floor for most of this run why didn't he catch any flack for this sh*t

Chris better than Tony on what planet do you guys live and watch hoop, but oh Tony got a better squad all these guys is pro's save that bullsh*t excuse

100%duncan
08-29-2014, 02:54 AM
Man this series was the shit, too bad Spurs got gassed.

Texas_Ranger
08-29-2014, 07:50 AM
I miss those Peja heads and those annoying fans.

ambchang
08-29-2014, 08:16 AM

3-qhcWZRsiw

Chris Paul he was on the floor for most of this run why didn't he catch any flack for this sh*t

Chris better than Tony on what planet do you guys live and watch hoop, but oh Tony got a better squad all these guys is pro's save that bullsh*t excuse

So Parker > Lebron James?

Spurs 4 The Win
08-29-2014, 08:21 AM
I miss those Peja heads and those annoying fans.

Those Peja heads were so gay

My favorite moment of the series was when they asked Parker after Game 7, what were yalls plans since you could be eliminated or flying straight to LA, Parker smiles and says, "We packed our bags for LA before the game"

DAF86
08-29-2014, 09:33 AM
So Parker > Lebron James?

Nope, 'cause Lebron coincidentally learned how to win once he teamed up with Wade and Bosh.

thiste
08-29-2014, 11:52 AM
I have no doubt Paul could work within the Spurs' system, but he definitely wouldn't have better stats because he would play way less minutes, and since everybody on the Spurs pass a lot, his assist totals would suffer a lot.

On the other hand, Parker could pad his stats on another team where he would be the first banana. I have no doubt he'd have had 27pts/9assts seasons in his career.

So yeah, Parker has always been underrated.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-29-2014, 12:13 PM
I have no doubt Paul could work within the Spurs' system, but he definitely wouldn't have better stats because he would play way less minutes, and since everybody on the Spurs pass a lot, his assist totals would suffer a lot.

On the other hand, Parker could pad his stats on another team where he would be the first banana. I have no doubt he'd have had 27pts/9assts seasons in his career.

This TBH

Jenks
08-29-2014, 06:45 PM
Man this series was the shit, too bad Spurs got gassed.
Yeah after a grueling 7 game series and game 7 road win, they sat in their plane on the runway all night (I don't remember the reason).

The second half collapse in game 1 of the WCF was guaranteed.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Yeah after a grueling 7 game series and game 7 road win, they sat in their plane on the runway all night (I don't remember the reason).

The second half collapse in game 1 of the WCF was guaranteed.

That series was bullshit because of the plane situation for game 1 and then in game 4 the Dereck Fisher piledrive elbow into Barry that went uncalled as he attempted a game-winning 3. Pretty bullshit series tbh

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2014, 02:14 AM

27/9 and lead them to where?

i take cp3 anyday over enrique,

ppl say cp3 has the talent around him atm to compete for rings, im sorry but his playing with a bunch of monkeys out there who rely on his monkeyball then actual skillset...the coach is a oxymoron also

thiste
08-30-2014, 05:22 AM
27/9 and lead them to where?

I don't know, the second round of the playoffs max I guess?...

I was basically answering those who want to compare them solely on their stats when it's obvious that playing for the Spurs you're never gonna have stats that truly reflect your actual worth. This is also why the Spurs are always underrated and people say there are no superstars here.

And then they dismiss the 4 titles as "lucky to be on a great team" while there is no way we have that many without Tony. You cannot say he was lucky to get a title when he's part of the Big 3 and has been a Finals MVP. I call bullshit.

And then I'm not saying Chris Paul is shit. I'm just saying imho the comparison is way closer than many people think.

ppl say cp3 has the talent around him atm to compete for rings, im sorry but his playing with a bunch of monkeys out there who rely on his monkeyball then actual skillset...the coach is a oxymoron also

Again you're arbitrarily dismissing some aspects of the comparison to advance your point. The Clippers have been considered a contender for 2/3 years, and they've ultimately disappointed. Paul is a part of that, you cannot deny it.

Red Hawk #21
08-30-2014, 06:26 AM
That series was bullshit because of the plane situation for game 1 and then in game 4 the Dereck Fisher piledrive elbow into Barry that went uncalled as he attempted a game-winning 3. Pretty bullshit series tbh

What was the issue with the plane? And I've always been iffy about the Fisher foul on Barry. It does NOT look like an "obvious" foul to me. It seems that Barry was able to get Fisher in the air, but then instead of jumping into him he took a dribble and actually moved out of the way. There was still contact after he moved away, but it was pretty minor contact at that point which was why the refs decided not to blow the whistle on that one. I'm pretty sure if Bones had just jumped into him he would have gotten the call.

fR4m0ZThDYY

Proxy
08-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Ginobili was awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG82mw6YT1U#t=39

TDMVPDPOY
08-30-2014, 11:12 AM
And then they dismiss the 4 titles as "lucky to be on a great team" while there is no way we have that many without Tony. You cannot say he was lucky to get a title when he's part of the Big 3 and has been a Finals MVP. I call bullshit.

not franchise player
bailed from backup

then wat is he?

Spurs 4 The Win
08-30-2014, 01:28 PM
What was the issue with the plane? And I've always been iffy about the Fisher foul on Barry. It does NOT look like an "obvious" foul to me. It seems that Barry was able to get Fisher in the air, but then instead of jumping into him he took a dribble and actually moved out of the way. There was still contact after he moved away, but it was pretty minor contact at that point which was why the refs decided not to blow the whistle on that one. I'm pretty sure if Bones had just jumped into him he would have gotten the call.

fR4m0ZThDYY

Lol, if that isnt a foul, I dont know what is. That is undeniably a foul.

Plane had mechanical issues and we sat out on the runway for like 6 hours before flying to LA at like 6 AM

DPG21920
08-30-2014, 02:05 PM
TP has played at such a high level for so long. But there is nothing better than a Manu highlight video :lol

DMC
08-30-2014, 02:45 PM
Chris Paul does phenomenal things on the court. He's not a phenomenal player though. He folds under pressure, makes stupid decisions, thinks he's better than he is. It's cost him and his team. Tony is just a bit selfish, has a cone for a court vision, sees Tim and Manu, sometimes others but mostly Tim and Manu. He has the ability to follow though, unlike Chris, who has to insert his poor decision making into crucial game moments. Chris seems to have been involved in too many improvisational offensive sets whereas Tony runs plays. Tony has swagger like Chris, but Tony's is tempered with the understanding that he's only a piece on the team and Pop calls the shots. Chris thinks and has been told that he is the team.

Red Hawk #21
08-30-2014, 10:30 PM
Lol, if that isnt a foul, I dont know what is. That is undeniably a foul.

Plane had mechanical issues and we sat out on the runway for like 6 hours before flying to LA at like 6 AM

I never said it wasn't a foul. I'm making the argument that this was not an "obvious" foul (Especially when you view it in real time), which is why the refs decided to not let Barry win this game on what would have been a cheap call.

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 10:45 PM

3-qhcWZRsiw

:lol i was at this game, and my dad kept givin me shit before the comeback

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 10:50 PM
I never said it wasn't a foul. I'm making the argument that this was not an "obvious" foul (Especially when you view it in real time), which is why the refs decided to not let Barry win this game on what would have been a cheap call.
imo not giving the foul is a cheap call. by allowing that sort of contact you are literally eliminating the guy's chance to make a shot, while rewarding bad defense. if fisher merely grazed him i wouldn't care, and then i'd agree with the no call in that situation, but that was some serious contact

Red Hawk #21
08-30-2014, 11:19 PM
imo not giving the foul is a cheap call. by allowing that sort of contact you are literally eliminating the guy's chance to make a shot, while rewarding bad defense. if fisher merely grazed him i wouldn't care, and then i'd agree with the no call in that situation, but that was some serious contact

I'm willing to agree to disagree with you bro. I do think it was a foul, but I don't think that it was serious contact that should have decided the game. Look at it in real time.

Q8BiwBXqZJw

Spurs 4 The Win
08-31-2014, 12:11 AM
I'm willing to agree to disagree with you bro. I do think it was a foul, but I don't think that it was serious contact that should have decided the game. Look at it in real time.

Q8BiwBXqZJw

Yeah, good luck making a shot when someone hits their elbow into your head and your dodging under them with 1 second left, give me a fucking break, he couldnt get a clean look, his odds of hitting a shot with Fisher running into him is 0%

DMC
08-31-2014, 11:48 AM
The Barry/Fisher situation is a prime example of how the double standard exists with the NBA refs, media and fans. If the shooter goes up and forces the foul to be called, it's considered a cheap move. If he doesn't go up, he loses the game because the defender jumped on top of him.

Barry should have taken the shot regardless, because refs are pressured to call shooting fouls more than non-shooting fouls. By not doing so, he basically gave up. Like Erin, the ball was with the wrong guy. It should have gone to Manu.

Pelicans78
08-31-2014, 12:18 PM
hfg8zAj0zyQ

Yeah. Tyson Chandler's foot injury in Game 5 was a killer. Before the injury, Hornets weren't doubling on Duncan. However Chandler was limited in Game 6 and 7.

Hornets had no bench and no one who could consistently create their own shot especially after West hurt his back in Game 5. Peja was non-existent and Pop putting Parker on Paul in Game 3 was a great move since Bowen was getting destroyed by CP3.

That game 7 loss was the worst loss I ever experienced and only the 2011 Saints loss to the Niners comes close to matching it. In retrospect it wouldn't have mattered since the Lakers would have dominated the Hornets especially with a hobbled Chandler and West.

manufan10
08-31-2014, 12:35 PM

Q8BiwBXqZJw

If anything they could have called it on the floor and not in the act of shooting. Since LA was in the penalty, Barry would have 2 FT's to at least tie the game.

Red Hawk #21
08-31-2014, 03:55 PM
Yeah, good luck making a shot when someone hits their elbow into your head and your dodging under them with 1 second left, give me a fucking break, he couldnt get a clean look, his odds of hitting a shot with Fisher running into him is 0%

:tu Good no call by the refs.

Spurs 4 The Win
08-31-2014, 04:13 PM
:tu Good no call by the refs.

So you must be the kinda guy that thinks Derick Fisher got the shot off in 0.4 seconds. Fuck off troll

Red Hawk #21
08-31-2014, 04:19 PM
:cry we're always getting robbed :cry

:wakeup

Spurs 4 The Win
08-31-2014, 04:27 PM
:wakeup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I26HaIvK-UY

Red Hawk #21
08-31-2014, 04:43 PM
And WTF is that supposed to prove? :rollin

Brunodf
08-31-2014, 05:02 PM
You know your team is in a bad situation when your best player is outplayed by the opposite team's 3rd

Spurs 4 The Win
08-31-2014, 05:04 PM
And WTF is that supposed to prove? :rollin

That you should bow down to your daddy and stop trolling

lefty
05-02-2015, 08:39 PM
welp