PDA

View Full Version : Amazon Prime Pantry

cantthinkofanything
08-28-2014, 03:35 PM
Anyone used this yet? You order non-perishables and other grocery items and they deliver it to you. I haven't looked much at prices yet but if it's even close to what you pay at the store, I think my lazy ass will be ordering from home.

DJR210
08-28-2014, 03:44 PM
:lol how fat is this Nation gonna get?

ohmwrecker
08-28-2014, 03:46 PM
So fat.

cantthinkofanything
08-28-2014, 03:51 PM
$5.67 to your door...is that a good price for this????

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fU1L4u09L._SL150_.jpg

cantthinkofanything
08-28-2014, 03:52 PM
$5.67 to your door...is that a good price for this????

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41fU1L4u09L._SL150_.jpg

yes. that is a good price I just found out. also no gas expense...no dealing with retards in the store...

ohmwrecker
08-28-2014, 03:52 PM
How many ounces?

cantthinkofanything
08-28-2014, 03:54 PM
How many ounces?

enough to pour out for ya dead homies

ohmwrecker
08-28-2014, 03:57 PM
enough to pour out for ya dead homies

That's gonna take a lot of pb, holmes.

cantthinkofanything
08-28-2014, 04:01 PM
That's gonna take a lot of pb, holmes.

word...well...standing around holding anything more than 40 oz of peanut butter just looks gauche

ohmwrecker
08-28-2014, 04:04 PM
word...well...standing around holding anything more than 40 oz of peanut butter just looks gauche

Good way to get profiled, ya feel me?

cantthinkofanything
08-28-2014, 05:46 PM
so this is how it works...you get charged $5.99 per box. when you add something to your cart, it goes into a virtual box (haha).
12 rolls of Charmin takes up 12.6% of a box. The 40 oz. Jif takes up 5.6%. I don't know if they are basing this on weight or a set box size.
Plus you have to be a Prime Member if you're not.

SnakeBoy
08-28-2014, 07:46 PM
so this is how it works...you get charged $5.99 per box. when you add something to your cart, it goes into a virtual box (haha).
12 rolls of Charmin takes up 12.6% of a box. The 40 oz. Jif takes up 5.6%. I don't know if they are basing this on weight or a set box size.
Plus you have to be a Prime Member if you're not.

How much is Amazon paying you and why didn't they go with Avante instead?

Drachen
08-28-2014, 08:24 PM
Dude, subscribe and save, bro. That's where it's at.

cantthinkofanything
08-29-2014, 02:18 PM
How much is Amazon paying you and why didn't they go with Avante instead?

Thanks for your comments. I was leery at first, but Amazon Pantry is a perfect accent to my Prime Membership with which I already enjoy free movies, tv shows, streaming music. Not to mention free 2 Day shipping on many items purchased at the world's number one online seller. Did I mention Amazon Fire TV? I expect soon, I will be able to sit on my couch with my Kindle Fire HDX mirrored to my Fire TV. I'll be able to enjoy my favorite movie while ordering a 40 oz jar of Jif.

SnakeBoy
08-29-2014, 02:21 PM
Thanks for your comments. I was leery at first, but Amazon Pantry is a perfect accent to my Prime Membership with which I already enjoy free movies, tv shows, streaming music. Not to mention free 2 Day shipping on many items purchased at the world's number one online seller. Did I mention Amazon Fire TV? I expect soon, I will be able to sit on my couch with my Kindle Fire HDX mirrored to my Fire TV. I'll be able to enjoy my favorite movie while ordering a 40 oz jar of Jif.

Damn your good!

Cry Havoc
08-29-2014, 02:26 PM
Anyone used this yet? You order non-perishables and other grocery items and they deliver it to you. I haven't looked much at prices yet but if it's even close to what you pay at the store, I think my lazy ass will be ordering from home.

Doubt it's as good as a visit to Trader Joe's. :lol

cantthinkofanything
08-29-2014, 02:27 PM
Damn your good!

Seriously though...I do have a Fire, Fire TV, and a Prime Membership. Good stuff.

cantthinkofanything
08-29-2014, 02:30 PM
Doubt it's as good as a visit to Trader Joe's. :lol

what is that btw? I Googled it and still not sure.

SnakeBoy
08-29-2014, 02:55 PM
Seriously though...I do have a Fire, Fire TV, and a Prime Membership. Good stuff.

Yeah so do I. Well Prime at least...don't have a use for a Fire.

cantthinkofanything
08-29-2014, 03:26 PM
Yeah so do I. Well Prime at least...don't have a use for a Fire.

You have no use for entertainment on the go? What about carrying around your complete reading library wherever you go? No use for perusing newspapers and magazines from around the world. Whenever and wherever you are? Oh sure, you can enjoy your Prime membership across almost any mobile phone or tablet. But you'll never really enjoy the full spectrum of what Prime has to offer until you enjoy it across multiple Fire devices.

SnakeBoy
08-29-2014, 03:38 PM
You have no use for entertainment on the go? What about carrying around your complete reading library wherever you go? No use for perusing newspapers and magazines from around the world. Whenever and wherever you are? Oh sure, you can enjoy your Prime membership across almost any mobile phone or tablet. But you'll never really enjoy the full spectrum of what Prime has to offer until you enjoy it across multiple Fire devices.

Damn your good! I just bought Amazon Fire TV & Kindle Fire bundle and saved $79 plus Special Offers. I'm so excited! Thanks! Good Bye real world...I'm connected!

cantthinkofanything
08-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Damn your good! I just bought Amazon Fire TV & Kindle Fire bundle and saved $79 plus Special Offers. I'm so excited! Thanks! Good Bye real world...I'm connected!

Glad to have you on board. Don't forget our the wonderful collection of Android games that you can download for free and play on your Fire TV. Play with the remote control or step up to our Amazon Fire Game Controller which puts control back in your hands with a form reminiscent of some of your favorite game consoles.

Cry Havoc
08-29-2014, 03:44 PM
what is that btw? I Googled it and still not sure.

California grocery store. It's an institution here. Cheapest store in the area usually and their food is really, really good.

qTxrgaEbrlQ

mrsmaalox
08-29-2014, 03:52 PM
I used the grocery delivery service for the Giant store when I lived in the DC-Baltimore area. But I also got perishables and it was way worth it. Had them select meat for me a few times too, always happy with what they delivered. It was the greatest during holidays or if I was giving a party.

cantthinkofanything
08-30-2014, 09:08 AM
California grocery store. It's an institution here. Cheapest store in the area usually and their food is really, really good.

qTxrgaEbrlQ

Cool. It looks like there is one in Fort Worth. I'd heard the name but thought it was like an import store. Will check it out. Hope it's not too removed from the originals.

leemajors
08-30-2014, 10:36 AM
Cool. It looks like there is one in Fort Worth. I'd heard the name but thought it was like an import store. Will check it out. Hope it's not too removed from the originals.

there are several in Austin now

cantthinkofanything
08-30-2014, 12:03 PM
there are several in Austin now

Is they good?

Drachen
08-31-2014, 11:42 AM
There is one in San Antonio too

JudynTX
09-02-2014, 11:31 AM
Burpy.com