PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M

Avante
08-28-2014, 09:24 PM
Who knew about this Hill kid? Hell, there was talk that the frosh Kyle Allen might start.

Who saw a defense that gave up 478 yards a game playing like we just saw?

What happened?

Anyway....

I doubt So Car is really that bad or the Aggies are really this good so what's realistic?

So Car..win!
Lamar...win
Rice..win
SMU..win
Arkansas...win
Miss St...lost..???
Miss...win
Alabama...lost
LA Monroe...why???
Auburn....????
Missouri...win
LSU...lost

9-3.?

Sisk
08-28-2014, 09:26 PM
You have us losing to Miss St but beating Ole Miss?

benefactor
08-28-2014, 09:26 PM
:lol...sorry Aggie. Your fate has been sealed.

Avante
08-28-2014, 09:30 PM

Miss St beat Miss 17-10 last season, they are returning 16 starters, Miss is returning 15.

The Miss St game is the third road game in a row, the Miss game at home.

Keep in mind MSU lost to A&M 41-51 in College Station in 2013, Miss lost 38-41 but at home.

Avante
08-28-2014, 09:31 PM

Grow up, ok?

Jimcs50
08-28-2014, 10:10 PM
Thrill Hill is for real. Can Sumlin coach QBs or what?

Avante
08-28-2014, 10:15 PM

It sure appears that way in both cases.

All I knew bout Hill was that he was a soph...ha~~~

Sisk
08-28-2014, 10:22 PM

I know you're making an Avante joke, but you should hope & pray you're right.

Avante
08-28-2014, 10:31 PM
Come on people, stop acting as if SC wasn't the play tonight. There wasn't one....logical...reason to back A&M.

Ok, who can give me one reason to go with A&M?

Pelicans78
08-28-2014, 11:36 PM
Who knew about this Hill kid? Hell, there was talk that the frosh Kyle Allen might start.

Who saw a defense that gave up 478 yards a game playing like we just saw?

What happened?

Anyway....

I doubt So Car is really that bad or the Aggies are really this good so what's realistic?

So Car..win!
Lamar...win
Rice..win
SMU..win
Arkansas...win
Miss St...lost..???
Miss...win
Alabama...lost
LA Monroe...why???
Auburn....????
Missouri...win
LSU...lost

9-3.?

They're not losing at home to LSU who has no QB and their defense is above average at best.

Pelicans78
08-28-2014, 11:37 PM

Going to Starkville will be tough, but MSU is being a bit overrated this season. Ole Miss is more talented.

Avante
08-28-2014, 11:44 PM
They're not losing at home to LSU who has no QB and their defense is above average at best.

Well A&M had no QB either, we saw how that went.

LSU gave up 22 points a game in 2013, they scored 36. There is a reason LSU is ranked where they are, and as of right now there is no realistic reason to see an A&M win.

Blake
08-28-2014, 11:46 PM

Actually his offensive coordinators can.

Avante
08-28-2014, 11:46 PM
Going to Starkville will be tough, but MSU is being a bit overrated this season. Ole Miss is more talented.

How do you get Ole Miss is more talented?

Pelicans78
08-28-2014, 11:53 PM
How do you get Ole Miss is more talented?

They have more talent than MSU. They've recruited much better the last 2-3 seasons. State has more experience, but Ole Miss has a bunch of 5 star talent on their team.

Pelicans78
08-28-2014, 11:56 PM
Well A&M had no QB either, we saw how that went.

LSU gave up 22 points a game in 2013, they scored 36. There is a reason LSU is ranked where they are, and as of right now there is no realistic reason to see an A&M win.

Well A&M was ranked alot lower than South Carolina and we saw how that turned out. And LSU is only ranked 13th which isn't that high from their past teams. And they really don't have a QB. They're playing both QBs Saturday night while Hill was firmly entrenched as the starter for A&M.

The reason LSU averaged 36 pts per game last season was due to having a very good senior QB who graduated. He's gone and the new QBs are really young and inexperienced.

Avante
08-29-2014, 12:03 AM
They have more talent than MSU. They've recruited much better the last 2-3 seasons. State has more experience, but Ole Miss has a bunch of 5 star talent on their team.

Let's give it some time, ok? We never know how these young guys are going to pan out.

Avante
08-29-2014, 12:07 AM
Well A&M was ranked alot lower than South Carolina and we saw how that turned out. And LSU is only ranked 13th which isn't that high from their past teams. And they really don't have a QB. They're playing both QBs Saturday night while Hill was firmly entrenched as the starter for A&M.

The reason LSU averaged 36 pts per game last season was due to having a very good senior QB who graduated. He's gone and the new QBs are really young and inexperienced.

Hill is also young/inexperienced. History has proven many times not to put too much into....young/inexperienced.

As of....right now...there really isn't any logical reason to start talking about A&M beating LSU. Not saying there won't come a time, but right now...nay!!!!!!

Pelicans78
08-29-2014, 12:36 AM
Hill is also young/inexperienced. History has proven many times not to put too much into....young/inexperienced.

As of....right now...there really isn't any logical reason to start talking about A&M beating LSU. Not saying there won't come a time, but right now...nay!!!!!!

There's plenty of logical reasons to say why A&M can beat LSU. The game is at their place. They have a QB who's proven he can dominate even though its one game while LSU doesn't at this point. Two reasons right there.

Avante
08-29-2014, 12:42 AM
There's plenty of logical reasons to say why A&M can beat LSU. The game is at their place. They have a QB who's proven he can dominate even though its one game while LSU doesn't at this point. Two reasons right there.

What did we just see with A&M vs SC? SC was at home vs a rookie QB, hmmmm?

A&M lost to LSU 10-34 last season, LSU is returning 13 starters, A&M 14.

To just assume LSU is going to have QB problems in late November, simply isn't realistic.

Pelicans78
08-29-2014, 12:48 AM
What did we just see with A&M vs SC? SC was at home vs a rookie QB, hmmmm?

A&M lost to LSU 10-34 last season, LSU is returning 13 starters, A&M 14.

To just assume LSU is going to have QB problems in late November, simply isn't realistic.

Why not?

Avante
08-29-2014, 12:52 AM
Why not?

When has Les Miles had QB problems in late November?

Keep in mind that SC defense sucks, so is this Hill kid the real deal or did he just take advantage of a porous D?

monosylab1k
08-29-2014, 12:54 AM
I know you're making an Avante joke, but you should hope & pray you're right.

Why would going 9-3 in the SEC matter that much to anybody?

Pelicans78
08-29-2014, 12:55 AM
When has Les Miles had QB problems in late November?

Keep in mind that SC defense sucks, so is this Hill kid the real deal or did he just take advantage of a porous D?

Jarrett Lee in 2008.

Jordan Jefferson in 2009.

Zach Mettenberg in 2012.

Blake
08-29-2014, 12:56 AM
Why would going 9-3 in the SEC matter that much to anybody?

because we're all agsessed here

hehateme
08-29-2014, 01:01 AM
another shitty take thread from a known cursed dumbass

Avante
08-29-2014, 01:04 AM
Jarrett Lee in 2008.

Jordan Jefferson in 2009.

Zach Mettenberg in 2012.

Went 10-3 in 2012,

I was talking a little more recently ...but...didn't make that clear.

Since LSU did handle A&M last season rather easily with Manziel, I just can't see how....oh yeah we're going to beat them......is real. If you just like the Aggies and want them to win....ok.

Avante
08-29-2014, 01:08 AM
another shitty take thread from a known cursed dumbass

Hey fuck head, what's this pathetic shit?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187969

Dude, if that was best I could do I'd keep my trap shut, got it asshole?

hehateme
08-29-2014, 01:34 AM
Hey fuck head, what's this pathetic shit?
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187969

Dude, if that was best I could do I'd keep my trap shut, got it asshole?

Too many threads of yours to quote old cuck to even want to retort. Flubbin it already on the first game of the season...you really are something.

Avante
08-29-2014, 01:39 AM
Too many threads of yours to quote old cuck to even want to retort. Flubbin it already on the first game of the season...you really are something.

I am something and you ain't shit. Who'd did you have in game punk? Look asshole unless you pick....shut the fuck up!

Oh hell yes ya always take a QB in his first game on the road vs the 9th ranked team in the land, hahahaha!!!!!!!!

spurs1990
08-29-2014, 02:05 AM
Would love to know what Horn fans are thinking these days with Aggy taking over the state.

Avante
08-29-2014, 02:17 AM
Would love to know what Horn fans are thinking these days with Aggy taking over the state.

What is it with Texas? It hit them in 2010, then....kaplunk! From 2004-2009 they lost but nine games. In 2010 alone..8. What happened?

DMX7
08-29-2014, 05:44 AM
What is it with Texas? It hit them in 2010, then....kaplunk! From 2004-2009 they lost but nine games. In 2010 alone..8. What happened?

Garrett Gilbert, Mack Brown, and Manny Diaz is what happened.

DesignatedT
08-29-2014, 07:33 AM

#wrts

The Reckoning
08-29-2014, 09:01 AM

posts like this further affirm that UT still controls the state in the public sphere. they may not be winning the recruiting battle right now, but they're clearly embedded in the public conscience. good for aggy, but i don't see them at this level for years to come. regardless, good football will come out of texas now so it's a win-win for everyone.

tlongII
08-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Come on people, stop acting as if SC wasn't the play tonight. There wasn't one....logical...reason to back A&M.

Ok, who can give me one reason to go with A&M?

Because you picked SC?

Avante
08-29-2014, 07:53 PM
Because you picked SC?

Well I also have.....

Auburn
Air Force
Akron
Alabama
Arizona State
Baylor
Georgia
Duke
East Carolina
Florida
FSU
USC
Washington
Iowa
Kansas
Kansas St
Kentucky
LSU
Maryland
Miami
Michigan State
Michigan
Minnesota
Miss St
Missouri
Ohio State
Nebraska
Nevada
Texas
Notre Dame
Oklahoma
Oregon
Oregon St
Penn St
Pitt
Purdue
San Diego St
Stanford
Syracuse
TCU
Tennesee
Texas Tech
UCLA
Virginia Tech
Wyoming

Avante
08-30-2014, 11:46 PM
Well I did miss...South Carolina.....hahaha!!!!!!!!!

41-1...so far.:hat

Vito Corleone
08-31-2014, 01:48 AM
LOL maybe the ags should actually something more than a regular season game and a couple of crappy bowl games before they declare themselves the kings of the state.

The aggsy have what looks like a championship level offense but not much of a defense. Texas has what looks like a championship level defense but not much of a offense.

I don't see how either team holds an advantage at this point. I still expect to see Texas having the better season this year.

Avante
08-31-2014, 01:55 AM
LOL maybe the ags should actually something more than a regular season game and a couple of crappy bowl games before they declare themselves the kings of the state.

The aggsy have what looks like a championship level offense but not much of a defense. Texas has what looks like a championship level defense but not much of a offense.

I don't see how either team holds an advantage at this point. I still expect to see Texas having the better season this year.

Well as of right now Baylor is the King of Texas football.

Why do you expect to see Texas have a better season than A&M?

FkLA
08-31-2014, 02:33 AM

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Sisk
08-31-2014, 08:47 AM

We run this state in terms of recruiting. Can't really debate that.

Wait... you're saying a championship level of defense after playing UNT?............

Kermit
08-31-2014, 09:59 AM

Wait... you're saying a championship level of defense after playing UNT?............

After last year, you'll have to excuse us for being excited after witnessing actual tackling and schemes that work.

Clipper Nation
08-31-2014, 10:48 AM
Well I did miss...South Carolina.....hahaha!!!!!!!!!

41-1...so far.:hat
:lol Lying about your picks after the fact

Avante
08-31-2014, 11:08 AM
:lol Lying about your picks after the fact

Dude, those picks were up Friday.

You never ever ever get anything right...wow! NEVER!

Are you really dumb enought to think anyone would think they could get away with that stupidity? See where it says...one day ago...now think dummy. Did we know the results of those games...one day ago?

How about some props little man, ok?

I'll knock out another 40ish wins next week also.

Clipper Nation
08-31-2014, 11:52 AM
Dude, those picks were up Friday.

You never ever ever get anything right...wow! NEVER!

Are you really dumb enought to think anyone would think they could get away with that stupidity? See where it says...one day ago...now think dummy. Did we know the results of those games...one day ago?

How about some props little man, ok?

I'll knock out another 40ish wins next week also.
Didn't read

:lol Worst bettor in football history

Avante
08-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Didn't read

:lol Worst bettor in football history

translation

I goofed, yep...one day ago. I'm dumb! 41-1...damn!!!!!

Silver&Black
08-31-2014, 04:32 PM
I was very very very very impressed with what I saw out of A&M. Never in a million years did I see them curb stomping South Carolina like that....in South Carolina. :wow

Avante
08-31-2014, 04:42 PM
I was very very very very impressed with what I saw out of A&M. Never in a million years did I see them curb stomping South Carolina like that....in South Carolina. :wow

Kenny Hill was outstanding, that was pretty much it right there. Not sure what So Car could have done. Obviously nobody knew about Hill, how could we?

Blake
08-31-2014, 10:10 PM
S Carolina could have tackled better and run the ball better.

They settled for long bombs, giving the ball right back to A&M

Avante
08-31-2014, 10:26 PM
S Carolina could have tackled better and run the ball better.

They settled for long bombs, giving the ball right back to A&M

Not talking a fantasy, obviously they couldn't tackle/run. I was talking about scheme.

Vito Corleone
08-31-2014, 11:42 PM

They held UNT to 8 first downs and 90 yards total offense. zero blown coverages and I didn't see any missed tackles. yea, with the talent on this defense and the discipline they showed I'd call it a championship level defense.

We will know a lot more about this defense over the next 2 weeks.

FkLA
09-01-2014, 12:16 AM
They held UNT to 8 first downs and 90 yards total offense. zero blown coverages and I didn't see any missed tackles. yea, with the talent on this defense and the discipline they showed I'd call it a championship level defense.

UNT has been a bottom 10 FBS program the past decade...

The Reckoning
09-01-2014, 12:20 AM
UNT has been a bottom 10 FBS program the past decade...

not saying they're good or anything, but they won a bowl last year.

FkLA
09-01-2014, 01:19 AM
not saying they're good or anything, but they won a bowl last year.

Yeah but they lost a large majority of their key contributors and they were never much of an offensive team to begin with. We kicked their as s at their house last year too and their offense want anything special even as a bowl team.

Their coach is old school, play tough defense and establish the run--might work sometimes in CUSA but not vs a team with bigger, faster athletes.

FkLA
09-01-2014, 01:20 AM
Do the same to the white boy from BYU then it'll be somewhat reasonable imo.

Vito Corleone
09-01-2014, 08:05 AM
If Texas does the same to BYU I suspect we will see the same people in here making the same comments, they are a bunch of slow white guys and didn't have much of an offense.

Clipper Nation
09-01-2014, 09:32 AM
If Texas does the same to BYU I suspect we will see the same people in here making the same comments, they are a bunch of slow white guys and didn't have much of an offense.
Taysom Hill is a baller, but they do seem worse than last year overall, especially with Van Noy in the NFL now....

Avante
09-01-2014, 11:55 AM

You are kidding right? Trying to gage something because of what they did vs....hahahaha!!!!!!!!! Let's see how they do in games where they aren;t favored by 24...ok?

Sisk
09-01-2014, 02:52 PM

If they do the same to BYU then I will be more impressed, no doubt. But UNT is absolutely horrible.

Vito Corleone
09-01-2014, 10:41 PM
The UNT offensive line was supposed to be the best oline Texas will face of all their non-conference games. They have two NFL prospects on a very experienced line. Cyril Lemon and Antonio Johnson are both projected to be drafted. To disparage the win by saying it's UNT holds water on most levels but not when you talk about their oline.

The Texas defensive line destroyed them.

pgardn
09-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Taysom Hill is a baller, but they do seem worse than last year overall, especially with Van Noy in the NFL now....

Not based on their first game they don't.

pgardn
09-01-2014, 11:00 PM

I counted a total of 1 time where the defense looked confused... moving around, looking at each other, what's up? One Time. Last year that's what we saw most of the time, utter confusion. The numbers are actually better for UNT than what I saw. The first half was ridiculous. I don't think they crossed the 50 and one of their 2 first downs came off a penalty for roughing on 3rd down out of bounds AFTER they had failed to make a first down yet again.

I really want a TFloss update on what the Oline plans to do, besides miss blocks. Anyone, I need an explanation for how bad they were.

Clipper Nation
09-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Not based on their first game they don't.
UConn is rebuilding, and BYU still let them hang around for a while in a way that I don't think last year's team would have, tbh....

elbamba
09-02-2014, 09:09 AM
I don't think the BYU game was closer than two scores after the first quarter against UCONN. They might not have blown them out but they were in control the whole game.

The Reckoning
09-02-2014, 09:46 AM
last year texas had no game plan going into byu with that shit for brains coordinator manny diaz who didn't care about the team

this year will be different. texas might not have the athletes, but at least they have their heads on straight. texas will keep a spy on hicks at all times and let the corners do their job. lets get it.

rjv
09-02-2014, 01:30 PM
ags took a nice jump in the polls, even cracked the top 10 in the AP.

The Reckoning
09-02-2014, 05:36 PM
lol

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11453487/kenny-hill-texas-aggies-prefers-nickname-kenny-trill

Avante
09-02-2014, 05:48 PM
It's been done, sorta.

Stanford receiver Tony Hill, went with Tony "Thrill" Hill with the Cowboys.

tlongII
09-02-2014, 06:30 PM
BYU will be a tough game for Texas. Their O-line is usually the dirtiest mf'ers in the country. Holds and chop blocks all over the place. And their players are usually 2 years older than yours too.

DesignatedT
09-03-2014, 01:40 PM
AggieFBLife trolling OU :lol

http://i.imgur.com/Z0B1WT3.png

djohn2oo8
09-03-2014, 01:52 PM

Aggy talking shit while OU has many more winning seasons than Aggy. It never ends.

DesignatedT
09-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Aggy talking shit while OU has many more winning seasons than Aggy. It never ends.

Irrelevant Longhorns trying to stay relevant. Cute.

djohn2oo8
09-03-2014, 02:27 PM
Irrelevant Longhorns trying to stay relevant. Cute.

Aggy still concerned with former Big 12 opponents. Especially the ones that whooped on Aggy.

Sisk
09-03-2014, 03:15 PM
Aggy still concerned with former Big 12 opponents. Especially the ones that whooped on Aggy.

The tweet is in reference to the 2012 Cotton Bowl. Sorry you're not smart enough to connect the dots.

leemajors
09-03-2014, 03:43 PM
The tweet is in reference to the 2012 Cotton Bowl. Sorry you're not smart enough to connect the dots.

I was pulling for aggie in that game :lol

DesignatedT
09-03-2014, 03:47 PM
Aggy still concerned with former Big 12 opponents.

The irony...

djohn2oo8
09-03-2014, 04:26 PM

Maybe they should tweet about a BCS bowl instead of tweeting opponents who have a much more successful history that they don't play anymore.

djohn2oo8
09-03-2014, 04:26 PM
The irony...

You missed it.

DesignatedT
09-03-2014, 04:46 PM
You missed it.

:lol It's disturbing how much real estate A&M takes up in the mind of hornfan. And I live in Austin. Talk show radio, Office talk, everything is about A&M, How the SEC is overrated, how Manziel is a douche, etc. I try to imagine that A&M fans were like that at one point but I just can't see it. There is a palpable obsession that clearly exists.

Avante
09-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Maybe they should tweet about a BCS bowl instead of tweeting opponents who have a much more successful history that they don't play anymore.

History is cool, love history and it's important...but...

since 2010

Texas 29-21
A&M 36-16

DesignatedT
09-03-2014, 04:50 PM

You're just not paying attention. OU and A&M, including Stoops and Sumlin have been taking subtle jabs at eachother for the past couple years. Including this off-season. That's all it is. Clearly OU fans are paying attention to the shit-talking between programs considering they're the only State red in the map.

djohn2oo8
09-03-2014, 04:53 PM
History is cool, love history and it's important...but...

since 2010

Texas 29-21
A&M 36-16

How many BCS wins?

djohn2oo8
09-03-2014, 04:56 PM
:lol It's disturbing how much real estate A&M takes up in the mind of hornfan. And I live in Austin. Talk show radio, Office talk, everything is about A&M, How the SEC is overrated, how Manziel is a douche, etc. I try to imagine that A&M fans were like that at one point but I just can't see it. There is a palpable obsession that clearly exists.

Palpable obsession would be Aggy screaming at the top of their lungs about conference superiority when they have done nothing at all to build that conference.

Avante
09-03-2014, 04:59 PM
How many BCS wins?

If we are talking 2010 to the present, there really is no debate over which team has been the more successful. Now if we need to go back to John David Crow and Tommy Ford...........

DesignatedT
09-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Palpable obsession would be propping up opponents in the SEC when Aggy couldn't beat anyone in the Big 12. There is only one reason for that.

Coaching set A&M back. The hiring of Franchione and then Mike Sherman resulted in a decade of mediocre football. Never met an Aggie that disagrees with that. What conference we were playing in wouldn't have mattered when you make mediocre coaching hires.

You don't think Sumlin could be successful in any other conference :lol? That's essentially what you're saying. Coaching/Recruiting is everything. A&M finally got someone who knows what they are doing. They have been known as a sleeping giant for some time considering the amount of $ we have. It's finally awake.

djohn2oo8
09-03-2014, 05:00 PM
If we are talking 2010 to the present, there really is no debate over which team has been the more successful. Now if we need to go back to John David Crow and Tommy Ford...........

How many BCS Wins? How many Bowl Championship Series wins?

djohn2oo8
09-03-2014, 05:02 PM
Coaching set A&M back. The hiring of Franchione and then Mike Sherman resulted in a decade of mediocre football. Never met an Aggie that disagrees with that. What conference we were playing in wouldn't have mattered when you make mediocre coaching hires.

lol Please. A&M hired Sumlin, Aggy was still pushing for the SEC.

Avante
09-03-2014, 05:04 PM
How many BCS Wins? How many Bowl Championship Series wins?

So you really think Texas has been as impressive since 2010?

leemajors
09-03-2014, 05:09 PM

I haven't run across that much in Austin, but then again I work at home and can't really take listening to 1300 anymore. Sounds just like silly pissing contests in Victoria tho when I was in HS. Actually, the less I'm around fratty ppl the less I have heard. UT exes from frats are fucking awful.

The Reckoning
09-03-2014, 05:27 PM
I haven't run across that much in Austin, but then again I work at home and can't really take listening to 1300 anymore. Sounds just like silly pissing contests in Victoria tho when I was in HS. Actually, the less I'm around fratty ppl the less I have heard. UT exes from frats are fucking awful.

that's because victoria is dominated by aggie

leemajors
09-03-2014, 05:40 PM
that's because victoria is dominated by aggie

Yeah been gone almost 20 years thankfully

djohn2oo8
10-12-2014, 07:59 AM
:lmao

DMX7
10-12-2014, 08:24 AM
Amazing size crowd... amazing size letdown.

djohn2oo8
10-12-2014, 08:43 AM

Crofl now you are pimping MSU right after calling them overrated. S-E-C

djohn2oo8
10-12-2014, 08:45 AM

:lmao

jeebus
10-28-2014, 03:46 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11780128/texas-aggies-reopen-quarterback-battle-kenny-hill-kyle-allen

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

oklahoma the only state that got it right

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zdq7tv.jpg

The Reckoning
10-29-2014, 01:37 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2248796-adidas-unveils-1939-throwback-for-texas-am-complete-with-leather-like-helmets?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

lol these are hideous

Blake
10-29-2014, 01:57 PM

It sure appears that way in both cases.

Hill: in danger of losing starting job.........curse of Avante
Sumlin: losing 59-0.......curse of Avante

It's eery.

rjv
10-31-2014, 09:05 AM
hill has lost the starting job. kyle allen is set to start this saturday.

leemajors
10-31-2014, 09:55 AM

You think that will help? Honest question.

Blake
10-31-2014, 10:16 AM

didn't even make it to November.

That Avante Curse is powerful shit.

rjv
10-31-2014, 11:34 AM
You think that will help? Honest question.

well against louisiana-monroe, it doesn't matter. the hopes of the team may have been raised by the way a&m beat south carolina but the reality is this team is on pace to finish where any realistic assessment would have had them (around 7-5). so now is the time to see if kyle allen is the blue chip standout he was recruited as. that way the team can have a grasp on where they would be heading into next season as far as the QB position. will it be allen, hill or a toss-up again with murray thrown into the mix? now is as good as time as any to find out. the defense is going to be the team's achille's heel regardless. but the question has to be answered. why has the offense been so ineffective? was the O-line overrated? are the RB's lacking in talent? what's going on with the receivers? no way is this all on hill but that is one of the positions that has to go under scrutiny. i'm sure there will be other changes but none makes the headline more than the one at the QB position.

leemajors
10-31-2014, 11:54 AM
well against louisiana-monroe, it doesn't matter. the hopes of the team may have been raised by the way a&m beat south carolina but the reality is this team is on pace to finish where any realistic assessment would have had them (around 7-5). so now is the time to see if kyle allen is the blue chip standout he was recruited as. that way the team can have a grasp on where they would be heading into next season as far as the QB position. will it be allen, hill or a toss-up again with murray thrown into the mix? now is as good as time as any to find out. the defense is going to be the team's achille's heel regardless. but the question has to be answered. why has the offense been so ineffective? was the O-line overrated? are the RB's lacking in talent? what's going on with the receivers? no way is this all on hill but that is one of the positions that has to go under scrutiny. i'm sure there will be other changes but none makes the headline more than the one at the QB position.

:tu I guess ULM is a good a place as any to find out what he has, but I thought they would try and redshirt him at this point if anything.

DesignatedT
10-31-2014, 06:36 PM
Hes already played so they couldn't just redshirt him now. Team and Staff knew Allen was going to start this game after the Ole Miss beatdown at home. Wasn't fair to throw him into the fire at Bama for his first game though so they waited for the bye week like they should have. I hope he plays well. He's young and will make mistakes but the offense shouldn't be as one dimensional as it was under Hill. Allen will at least take shots deep. If those turn into INT's then so be it but the dink and dunk thing isn't working.

Sheriff Hoyt
11-01-2014, 10:36 AM
Kenny Hill suspended two games.

Sisk
11-01-2014, 12:12 PM
I'll bet he never sees the field for A&M again.

yavozerb
11-01-2014, 12:14 PM
I'll bet he never sees the field for A&M again.

If the Aggies lose to ULM at Kyle Field without him I may disagree with you..

Sisk
11-01-2014, 12:18 PM
If the Aggies lose to ULM at Kyle Field without him I may disagree with you..

We are terrible everywhere right now. But losing his job then getting suspended? He's not playing for A&M again.

The Reckoning
11-01-2014, 12:48 PM
anyone who seriously calls himself Trill is a tool imo

Clipper Nation
11-01-2014, 01:14 PM
anyone who seriously calls himself Trill is a tool imo

Damn doggie, [insert race-baiting comment here] SAWM Frost King. http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/what.png

Splits
11-01-2014, 01:56 PM
:lmao Argy getting outplayed by ULM
:lmao no first downs in 2nd half
:lmao 11 yards in the 2nd half
:lmao those unis
:lmao celebrating 1939 because they have no future
:lmao might lose to ULM at home

yavozerb
11-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Wow, aggieland gonna be crazy after this game. Win or lose...

jeebus
11-01-2014, 02:03 PM
Damn doggie, [insert race-baiting comment here] SAWM Frost King. http://www.thecoli.com/styles/default/xenforo/smilies/what.png
:lmao you can always count on the same boring "doggie fam floating black head racist SAWM frost king" in any trill post.

Clipper Nation
11-01-2014, 02:04 PM
So will TexFags be calling for this guy to start now?

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/31/52/27/6727141/3/premium_article_portrait.jpg

Blake
11-01-2014, 02:15 PM
didn't even make it to November.

That Avante Curse is powerful shit.

TFloss32
11-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Sumlin went full retard on that last drive.

Splits
11-01-2014, 02:21 PM
BOWL ELIGIBLE!

SUN BELT READY!

Clipper Nation
11-01-2014, 02:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/2OwqrR3.jpg

:lmao "12th Man"
:lmao Sisk
:lmao DesignatedT

Blake
11-01-2014, 03:08 PM
:cry our stadium is bigger than yours :cry

Blake
11-01-2014, 03:11 PM
Dammit to fuck.

Aggy dodged a semen hurricane.

DMX7
11-01-2014, 03:58 PM
We are terrible everywhere right now. But losing his job then getting suspended? He's not playing for A&M again.

Funny how once Hill started struggling on the field that Sumlin suddenly found his "integrity" and finally decided to start disciplining him.

Blake
11-01-2014, 04:07 PM
Funny how once Hill started struggling on the field that Sumlin suddenly found his "integrity" and finally decided to start disciplining him.

Lol

The Reckoning
11-01-2014, 04:19 PM

very true imo. sumlin coaching for his job.

DesignatedT
11-01-2014, 04:52 PM
Second time Hill has been in trouble with the law. That's why suspended.

FkLA
11-01-2014, 05:00 PM
What did Kenny Trill do, DT? All I found was 'violation of unspecified team rules and athletic department policies'.

DesignatedT
11-01-2014, 06:40 PM
Marijuana from what I heard.

ThePop
11-02-2014, 12:31 AM
What did Kenny Trill do, DT? All I found was 'violation of unspecified team rules and athletic department policies'.

A 1 game suspension is rare enough with aggy so 2 games means he killed someone.

djohn2oo8
11-03-2014, 12:38 PM

Blake
11-03-2014, 01:57 PM
:cry we love playing Alabama every year
lol having to play Iowa State etc etc :cry :cry :cry

Sisk
11-03-2014, 07:30 PM
:cry we love playing Alabama every year
lol having to play Iowa State etc etc :cry :cry :cry

So you would rather be in the B12?

Clipper Nation
11-03-2014, 07:53 PM
At least in the Big 12, Aggy lost to the big dogs in the conference WITHOUT being up to their eyeballs in debt and having a stadium too big for the fanbase.

djohn2oo8
11-03-2014, 07:55 PM
At least in the Big 12, Aggy lost to the big dogs in the conference WITHOUT being up to their eyeballs in debt and having a stadium too big for the fanbase.

And a Swag copter with engine failure.

djohn2oo8
11-04-2014, 12:57 AM
Swag hawk down

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1knq46CYAE7_NZ.png

Blake
11-04-2014, 09:19 AM

Tech is already in a power 5 conference with nice regional rivals. Why would I want to move?

:cry "at least when our asses get kicked, it's by the best" :cry

Blake
11-04-2014, 09:22 AM
:cry "hey LSU will you be our new rival" :cry

Splits
11-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Swag hawk down

:lmao where did this come from?

Phillip
11-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech is already in a power 5 conference with nice regional rivals. Why would I want to move?

:cry "at least when our asses get kicked, it's by the best" :cry

:cry "hey LSU will you be our new rival" :cry

:rollin

Hoops Czar
11-04-2014, 03:52 PM
A&M about to get their shit pushed in. For week only, I'm almost going to feel sorry for the Aggies. My condolences T.

The Reckoning
11-04-2014, 06:35 PM
Swag hawk down

glorious

FkLA
11-04-2014, 07:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMDIC8DOLUg

Im not on either side of the rivalry but thought this was pretty funny tbh.

djohn2oo8
11-04-2014, 07:15 PM
http://imageshack.com/a/img674/3345/uDMPSR.gif

benefactor
11-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Swag hawk down

:lol

Juan
11-04-2014, 07:41 PM
Isn't Texas like 4-8 :lol ?

DesignatedT
11-04-2014, 08:07 PM
Swag hawk down

Would be more effective if your team didn't suck balls. Funny though.

Silver&Black
11-04-2014, 08:10 PM
Would be more effective if your team didn't suck balls. Funny though.

Dude doesn't know which side to choose first in overtime....who cares what he posts. All the funny pics and gifs will never cover up the fact that he doesn't know shit about football.

djohn2oo8
11-04-2014, 08:13 PM
Dude doesn't know which side to choose first in overtime....who cares what he posts. All the funny pics and gifs will never cover up the fact that he doesn't know shit about football.

Living rent free in your head annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnddd it's empty in here.

Silver&Black
11-04-2014, 08:16 PM
It's retarded to go defense first in college football when the ball is placed at the 25 yard line. It makes sense in the NFL because they have to drive the entire field.

djohn2oo8
11-04-2014, 08:23 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/dt9p9.jpg

Silver&Black
11-04-2014, 08:28 PM
Once again dumbjohn....all the funny pics and gifs (and I will admit some of them are quite hilarious)...will never cover up the fact that this is the dumbest post I've ever read in the College Forum:

It's retarded to go defense first in college football when the ball is placed at the 25 yard line. It makes sense in the NFL because they have to drive the entire field.

djohn2oo8
11-04-2014, 08:49 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/dt9p9.jpg

Silver&Black
11-04-2014, 09:04 PM
dumbjohn:

I'm calling you a fuckin dumbass who doesn't know shit about basic football strategy. And all you got is SEC pics as a comeback? At least try to defend yourself....or finally admit to me that you don't know shit about football.

:lol Find me more overtime stats

rjv
11-06-2014, 02:48 PM
A&M about to get their shit pushed in. For week only, I'm almost going to feel sorry for the Aggies. My condolences T.

yeah-it's not going to be pretty.

djohn2oo8
11-06-2014, 02:55 PM
dumbjohn:

I'm calling you a fuckin dumbass who doesn't know shit about basic football strategy. And all you got is SEC pics as a comeback? At least try to defend yourself....or finally admit to me that you don't know shit about football.

:lol Find me more overtime stats

You're the one who takes the internet too seriously. What a pity

FkLA
11-06-2014, 03:19 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/di1gc.jpg

DesignatedT
11-06-2014, 05:18 PM

Auburn by 50.

Blake
11-06-2014, 05:23 PM
Not gonna lie, I'll be pulling for aggy to win.

DesignatedT
11-06-2014, 06:54 PM
:lol

Silver&Black
11-06-2014, 07:37 PM
You're the one who takes the internet too seriously. What a pity

You're on a college football thread and you know nothing about college football....that's a pity.

Dumbjohn...stay in the NBA Forum and I will never bother you I swear to God. Don't come downstairs and talk college football (well all you ever do is post SEC cupcakes and Swag Copters crashing) with real men. We know college football....and we're able to spot know nothing fans like you in a heartbeat. Seriously dude, If you can't figure out which side to choose first in pro and college overtime (something the average fan learns in their first or second year of watching football)....what are you doing talking football?

Just go to the NBA Forum.....please....do us all a favor.

Silver&Black
11-06-2014, 07:41 PM
Auburn by 50.

I think 45 at the most.....

djohn2oo8
11-06-2014, 07:43 PM
You're on a college football thread and you know nothing about college football....that's a pity.

Dumbjohn...stay in the NBA Forum and I will never bother you I swear to God. Don't come downstairs and talk college football (well all you ever do is post SEC cupcakes and Swag Copters crashing) with real men. We know college football....and we're able to spot know nothing fans like you in a heartbeat. Seriously dude, If you can't figure out which side to choose first in pro and college overtime (something the average fan learns in their first or second year of watching football)....what are you doing talking football?

Just go to the NBA Forum.....please....do us all a favor.

lol too serious

Silver&Black
11-06-2014, 07:47 PM
lol too serious

lol doesn't know anything

Hoops Czar
11-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Auburn by 50.

Nah, If Gus gets a big lead, he'll have his QB sit on the ball for a quarter and a half. Auburn can't even beat scrubs by 50 points.

DesignatedT
11-07-2014, 05:48 PM
If he just shows the tape from last time we played at Jordan Hare that should be more than enough motivation to hang 60 on our pathetic defense.

The Reckoning
11-12-2014, 11:18 PM
http://www.myteamisbetterthanyourteam.com/default.asp?winner=Texas&loser=Texas+A%26M&year=2014&method=2#.VGQxBfnF-ao

Blake
11-13-2014, 01:04 AM
Not gonna lie, I'll be pulling for aggy to win.

:tu thank you aggy

DesignatedT
11-13-2014, 10:12 AM
:lol tech
:lol kingsbury
:lol irrelevant
:lol makes fun of sec fans but lives vicariously through other big12 schools
:lol blake

Blake
11-13-2014, 10:27 AM
:tu thank you aggy

Sisk
11-13-2014, 11:35 AM
This season is just weird. We have been so inconsistent but we have ended the two longest home winning streaks this year in SCAR and Auburn.

djohn2oo8
12-20-2014, 11:55 AM

http://i.imgur.com/5r7RQgG.gif