PDA

View Full Version : Are we gonna make any moves?

Big Pimp_21
08-23-2005, 10:29 AM
I keep seeing FAs signing all over the place and we are just sitting around letting our guys walk. The only FAs we've signed are Horry and Oberto, but guys like Marks, TMass, Devin, Big Dog, LJ3 are seemingly headed elsewhere or retiring. I'm not really getting nervous, but I am wondering if we are going to get aggressive or if were just gonna mop up the FA pool at the end of the summer and get a bunch of fillers.

On a related note....if we can sign either Finley or Van Exel, i will shut up. :smokin

Dingle Barry
08-23-2005, 01:10 PM
how can you be worried about this front office after all they have given us? Just sit back and enjoy the Pop and RC Show.

drivanroca
08-23-2005, 01:16 PM
wait and see

Big Pimp_21
08-23-2005, 01:18 PM
Point taken, but I get impatient in "the dead zone". (the time between the NBA Finals and the start of the NFL regular season)

Kori Ellis
08-23-2005, 01:21 PM
The Amnesty thing really put a hold on so many signings that the summer has really slowed down. It's only about five weeks until training camp and there's a large number of free agents unsigned. I think as soon as Finley signs somewhere, then everything will happen very fast in the next couple weeks.

But you are right, it's easy to get impatient.

nzkickass
08-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Sign Marks.

Kip Fanatic
08-23-2005, 01:29 PM
I wonder if the NBA is going to make any changes to this "amnesty" thing as far as the dealine goes. The deadline to cut one's salary from the payroll has really made this off-season a long one. I believe that moving the deadline to mid-July would make things better. Just an opinion.

Kori Ellis
08-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Well it was a one-time only thing -- so there's no Amnesty next summer.

Kip Fanatic
08-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Really? Wow. I thought this was something a team could do every off-season, but just once per off-season. I guess it makes sense to have it as just a one-time thing. It would make things very interesting if it were available every off-season. Can you imagine all the movement?

Ocotillo
08-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Maybe Isiah kept Alan Houston this year so Stern could adopt the Alan Houston rule again next year. :lol

Dex
08-23-2005, 06:12 PM
Really? Wow. I thought this was something a team could do every off-season, but just once per off-season. I guess it makes sense to have it as just a one-time thing. It would make things very interesting if it were available every off-season. Can you imagine all the movement?

Then time would come screeching to a halt EVERY offseason until the Amnesty Deadline struck. :oops

As far as I have come to figure, The only reason they instilled it this year (and this year only) was due to the changes in the CBA Agreement and the new Luxury Tax rules. It was, basically, every team's one chance to try to get their rear's in gear for the upcoming years.

I'm with you guys though; I consider myself a patient person, but I can't take this much longer. And we've still got 2 months to go.

:pctoss

Tom_Foolery
08-23-2005, 06:18 PM
I don't think we need to sign anyone really.

We have Rasho backing up Mohammed, so we are more than fine at the Center spot. Beno will be much better, so I don't see a problem at the backup point. We still have Brent, who can play 1-3. We have Oberto & Horry to secure the PF/C position. We need one SG/SF to fill out our bench. I doubt Finley takes a back seat to Bowen, but I would not be at all against Finley starting over Bowen. It could look like this:

PG: Parker/Beno
SG: Manu/Brent
SF: Finley/Bowen
PF: Duncan/Horry
C: Mohammed/Rasho

That's a pretty solid team if you ask me!

Big Pimp_21
08-23-2005, 06:28 PM
Bowen is arguably the best defensive stopper in the game...why would we want to bench him in favor of Finley? He puts a halt on the scoring of guys like Kobe, TMac, Allen etc...

CaptainLate
08-23-2005, 09:13 PM
Bowen is arguably the best defensive stopper in the game...why would we want to bench him in favor of Finley?

Every game isn't against Kobe, TMac, et al. Therefore, Bowen doesn't need to start every game. At least that should be the Spurs approach when they meet with Finley.

Dex
08-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Every game isn't against Kobe, TMac, et al. Therefore, Bowen doesn't need to start every game. At least that should be the Spurs approach when they meet with Finley.

Every NBA team has a wing or perimeter player that could stand to not be allowed to go off on us. Bruce is probably even MORE effective against these clubs, since he can downright lock down those types of players (such as Hamilton, Marion, etc.) Guys like Kobe and TMac know how to get theirs against a defender like Bruce, they just don't do it nearly as efficiently.

Pop has said it many, many times...Bruce sets the tone for us defensively.

Considering how defensively minded this team is, hoping for Pop to concede Bruce's starting position is probably about as vain as hoping for Pop to ship Timmy out.

In other words, it isn't gonna happen.

Chris
08-23-2005, 10:43 PM
I think as soon as Finley signs somewhere, then everything will happen very fast in the next couple weeks.

DING GOES THE BELL! :tu

SequSpur
08-23-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah.. foreigners....... thats about it.

Sense
08-23-2005, 11:29 PM
I don't think we need to sign anyone really.

We have Rasho backing up Mohammed, so we are more than fine at the Center spot. Beno will be much better, so I don't see a problem at the backup point. We still have Brent, who can play 1-3. We have Oberto & Horry to secure the PF/C position. We need one SG/SF to fill out our bench. I doubt Finley takes a back seat to Bowen, but I would not be at all against Finley starting over Bowen. It could look like this:

PG: Parker/Beno
SG: Manu/Brent
SF: Finley/Bowen
PF: Duncan/Horry
C: Mohammed/Rasho

That's a pretty solid team if you ask me!

That guy is taking alot of money for nothing.

No one should be happy about that, especially if he's going to be on the bench.