PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson ceiling

Brazil
08-29-2014, 09:54 AM
So we already know that Kyle ceiling is at least to replace Manu...

but can he better than that and replace Tim Duncan ? Imagine Duncan with a 3 pt shoot and the intangibles and passings skill of Manu... Spurs are set for a new dynasty

Obstructed_View
08-29-2014, 09:58 AM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1512/15127450/2523887-7720717482-e496c.jpg

RD2191
08-29-2014, 10:04 AM
:lol

Brunodf
08-29-2014, 10:49 AM
The baits:lmao

100%duncan
08-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Man wtf? Let him play the season yet... WTF NO ONE CAN REPLACE MY BELOVED MANU AND NOW YOU THINK HE CAN REPLACE THE GOD OF SPURS? WTF GNSF

ElNono
08-29-2014, 10:53 AM
Magic Johnson without the AIDS, IMO

DrSteffo
08-29-2014, 10:57 AM
BNSF...

Chinook
08-29-2014, 10:59 AM
Man wtf? Let him play the season yet... WTF NO ONE CAN REPLACE MY BELOVED MANU AND NOW YOU THINK HE CAN REPLACE THE GOD OF SPURS? WTF GNSF

You're gonna end up changing your handle to "100%anderson" in a couple of years. Just watch. This kid's gonna be good.

100%duncan
08-29-2014, 11:03 AM
You're gonna end up changing your handle to "100%anderson" in a couple of years. Just watch. This kid's gonna be good.

MYGOD DIDNT U READ MY POST? NO ONE WILL REPLACE TIMMY. OR MANU. OR TONY. OR KAWHI. OR MENGKE. No one!!!

hyhy
08-29-2014, 11:08 AM
MYGOD DIDNT U READ MY POST? NO ONE WILL REPLACE TIMMY. OR MANU. OR TONY. OR KAWHI. OR MENGKE. No one!!!

If no one replaces them, then who is playing for the spurs after they retire?

DrSteffo
08-29-2014, 11:08 AM
So trolling is like group wanking among BNSF

xmas1997
08-29-2014, 12:41 PM
I doubt anyone has the talent to replace either one of them, but I think Kyle will be a really good player for the Spurs in his own right.

Roger Freemason Jr.
08-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Somebody please put my mind at ease. I know the Summer League isn't the best sample size, but he seemed tremendously bad on the defensive end, and I didn't see much from him that made up for it. I'd like to know why you believe he will be a good contributor.

thiste
08-29-2014, 01:27 PM
I think him and Kawhi can become the Jordan/Pippen duo of the 2k10s.

Maybe.

Blizzardwizard
08-29-2014, 01:31 PM
You know what everyone likes? Fromage Blanc.

Ignignokt
08-29-2014, 01:32 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/013/604/thisisbait.png

Chinook
08-29-2014, 01:32 PM
Somebody please put my mind at ease. I know the Summer League isn't the best sample size, but he seemed tremendously bad on the defensive end, and I didn't see much from him that made up for it. I'd like to know why you believe he will be a good contributor.

He wasn't bad on defense, and he looked good on offense. I don't think he fits the Spurs as much as people think, however. The team needs players who are smart and unselfish, not 6-8 guys who dominate the ball. Kyle's gonna have to learn to be a non-PG. He can do that, but we don't know how that will look.

DrunkTXLabrat
08-29-2014, 01:47 PM
i think Anderson played some especially good d in that overtime sl game with the wizards. He's gonna have some growing pains. But if he does a good job of becoming the Diaw clone, he's going to be great. Diancan, Splitterson, Daynes.

LongtimeSpursFan
08-29-2014, 02:17 PM
Don't mean to hijack your thread but does anyone know if KA is in town yet? I could have sworn I saw him last night at Huebner Oaks shopping center.

ElNono
08-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Oh look, birds dancing!

http://media3.giphy.com/media/7n4VV6UzznxyE/giphy.gif

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-29-2014, 02:22 PM
Best case: Manu
Worst case: MJ

xmas1997
08-29-2014, 03:43 PM
http://zagsblog.com/articles/tyson-chandler-steve-alford-jabari-parker-talk-kyle-andersons-pro-prospects/
Tyson Chandler, Steve Alford, Jabari Parker Talk Kyle Anderson’s Pro Prospects
December 20th, 2013 10:28 am

NEW YORK — Much has been made about Kyle Anderson’s pro potential, with ESPN’s Chad Ford telling SNY.tv that the 6-foot-9 Anderson is “the most confusing player to project.”

But count Knicks center Tyson Chandler among those who think Anderson has a place in the NBA.

“He’s a big guy and I’m not for sure what position he would be in the league, I’m not sure he could play the point,” Chandler told SNY.tv exclusively after Anderson went for 15 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists in UCLA’s 80-63 loss to Duke at Madison Square Garden.

“But just like the kid out of Syracuse is showing, Michael Carter-Williams, showing that big guys can still play the point and still have a place in this league….It just depends on how [Anderson] continues to develop. He has a little time to develop.”

The 6-foot-5 Carter Williams is averaging 17.7 points, 7.3 assists and 5.8 rebounds for the Philadelphia 76ers.

For his part, Anderson is averaging close to a triple-double at UCLA — 13.9 points, 8.8 rebounds and 6.7 assists against 3.1 turnovers per game. Playing in his first game at Madison Square Garden as a collegian, Anderson was very impressive, going for 15 points, 10 rebounds and 7 assists, with 6 turnovers.

Opinions are mixed on where he will be drafted and what his role in the NBA will be. NBADraft.net projects Anderson as the No. 29 pick in the 2014 Draft, while DraftExpress.com has him at No. 55.

Kyle Anderson Sr. told SNY.tv his son is definitely coming out after this season.

“He’s unique because there just aren’t a lot of guys that size who can play the point,” UCLA coach Steve Alford told SNY.tv. “For instance, his turnovers today I didn’t think had anything to do with fullcourt pressure. Most of his turnovers were in transition where he just had a loose handle and got tired and that could’ve been on me.

“You look at his numbers, as far as how much he has the ball in his hands, his assists, his turnovers and he’s shooting the ball much better. I just think he’s a unique player that you don’t see very often. To have a 6-9 point guard, I know it’s helped us because you make people think about how they’re going to match up to you right away having a guy like that.”

Who is Anderson in the NBA?

Chad Ford said Boris Diaw is the closest comparison he could come up with.

Hall of Fame St. Anthony coach Bob Hurley — who went 65-0 with two New Jersey Tournament of Champions titles and one mythical national championship with Anderson running the point — once told SNY.tv Anderson is a “modern-day Magic Johnson.”

“If you look at over history, there haven’t been a lot of guys over 6-8 running the point,” Alford said. “I do think he’s a point guard. He may not defend the point guard, but there’s a lot of guys that can play one position and defend another position, but from an offensive standpoint I think he’s definitely a point guard.”

He added: “I don’t know if he’ll end up being a guy that guards the point guard, but he can definitely do it offensively.”

Duke’s Jabari Parker, the potential No. 1 pick in the NBA Draft, also came away impressed with Anderson.

“Oh yeah, he’s an exceptional player, especially his 6-9 frame and being able to handle the ball,” Parker said. “That’s something that I look up to as a basketball player that’s very fundamentally sound.”

Roger Freemason Jr.
08-29-2014, 04:11 PM
I feel much better. Chinook, I pretty much view everything you post as sound and valid.

Brazil
08-29-2014, 04:23 PM
Worst case: MJ

spurraider21
08-29-2014, 04:26 PM
xmas will be devastated if kyle anderson sucks and the raiders dont move to san antonio. we'd have to bump the prayer group thread

xmas1997
08-29-2014, 05:55 PM
xmas will be devastated if kyle anderson sucks and the raiders dont move to san antonio. we'd have to bump the prayer group thread

Not really, you haven't read my personal posts if that is what you think.

TheGreatYacht
08-29-2014, 06:16 PM
No one can replace 8.

Mugen
08-29-2014, 07:36 PM
Who is Kyle Anderson?

SupremeGuy
08-29-2014, 08:42 PM
Worst case: MJ:lol

mudyez
08-30-2014, 01:14 AM
Love that dude, but if the Spurs thought he could be anything better than a 6th/7th man, they would have traded up (probably with Charlotte/Jazz to jump ahead of Clipnation and OKC).

If he ends up beeing the guy that backs up Kawhi for the rest of his career (meaning he gets the 13-18 minutes that Kawhi leaves on the floor), while delivering some bench playmaking (like Manu/Diaw do now) to give us freedom to play shoot first PG's alongside him (PATTY!!!!), I'm one happy camper. I think that is what his ceiling is.

FkLA
12-02-2014, 03:50 AM
Guy looks like garbage. I haven't seen him score but I've missed a couple of games...has he even scored a single basket yet? :lol

ElNono
12-02-2014, 03:57 AM
he's a project right now, tbh... we'll know more next season or two...

Sean Cagney
12-02-2014, 04:03 AM
He will end up where Malik Hairston and a few others ended up IMO! Late pick in the first or so and a project and probably won't ever get any major PT or turn into a player in this league. James Anderson comes to mind as well. We had some hopes for those guys but they never panned out, few ever do that late in the draft TBH.

I could be wrong though, guys like Danny Green were not supposed to be that good and even got released before but found a home on a team and fit a role well and became a key to a title team and a major player in the rotation! You find those one out of every 100 to be honest and it is rare, but they come every once in a while. I hope Kyle can turn into a player, if he has the right work ethic and drive while listening to the coach he might just make it? I doubt it but hey it can happen.

hater
12-02-2014, 04:04 AM
hes shooting 8% from the field and 0% from 3pt range throughout his career :lol

the rebounds and low turnovers are the only thing that doesn't look god awful :lol

hater
12-02-2014, 04:08 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2017693-best-case-worst-case-nba-comparisons-for-uclas-kyle-anderson

^ :lol best case: Jalen Rose worst case: Boris Diaw :lol :lol

exstatic
12-02-2014, 05:07 AM
He will end up where Malik Hairston and a few others ended up IMO! Late pick in the first or so and a project and probably won't ever get any major PT or turn into a player in this league. James Anderson comes to mind as well. We had some hopes for those guys but they never panned out, few ever do that late in the draft TBH.

I could be wrong though, guys like Danny Green were not supposed to be that good and even got released before but found a home on a team and fit a role well and became a key to a title team and a major player in the rotation! You find those one out of every 100 to be honest and it is rare, but they come every once in a while. I hope Kyle can turn into a player, if he has the right work ethic and drive while listening to the coach he might just make it? I doubt it but hey it can happen.
James Anderson broke his fifth metatarsal. That can be a career killer. Roddy Beaubois of Dallas had the same injury and is also no longer in the league.

This year's draft was supposedly the best in a decade, and yet the Spurs only graded 20 players as first round talent. Kyle was one of them. I think I'll roll with RC on this one.

Brazil
12-02-2014, 06:15 AM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1512/15127450/2523887-7720717482-e496c.jpg

so far props to O_V for the good takes about KA tbh :tu

kobyz
12-02-2014, 06:52 AM
Spurs always have to draft a unique player, but this time it was too much smartass pick, they could have draft an american athletic wing like McDaniels or Early...

ceperez
12-02-2014, 07:25 AM
Sigh.... K.J. McDaniels was on still on the board when Anderson was picked.

Pretty raw but clearly a lot of defensive talent.

Anyway, I still think he has more upside than CoJo.

Baam
12-02-2014, 07:30 AM
Not worried here. KA is a baller, once his shot is fine tuned he's gonna be a problem.

urunobili
12-02-2014, 07:34 AM
The credited him with 1 block on the boxscore when he had 2 on the same play :depressed

BOHOLANO#21
12-02-2014, 09:37 AM
Too early to tell...Spurs first rounders always get their chances on the team the whole duration of their rookie contract...George Hill, Mahinmi, James Anderson etc...KA will get his chance and hopefully develop as a rotation player.��

Ice009
12-02-2014, 09:47 AM

You're shitting me? McDaniels was still on the board? He could have been a great defensive prospect for us.

Richie
12-02-2014, 10:24 AM

Im still convinced the player we really missed out on was Damien Inglis. The kid is huge for his age, good lateral quickness and can shoot the 3.

McDaniels is putting up decent numbers on decent shooting but he's on the worst team in history, somebody has to be taking those shots AND he's playing for a contract. I'll leave my judgements until next season when he's actually on an NBA calibre team

Richie
12-02-2014, 10:31 AM
As for Kyle Anderson, his ceiling is the Spurs Boris Diaw, as opposed to the unagressive player Diaw has been throughout his career until 2013.

I'm not even sure I'd consider Anderson a 'small ball' power forward, he's an inch taller and an inch longer than Millsap for example. He actually has pretty good measurements for a power forward, he just needs to add 30lbs

Sean Cagney
12-02-2014, 02:27 PM
James Anderson broke his fifth metatarsal. That can be a career killer. Roddy Beaubois of Dallas had the same injury and is also no longer in the league.

This year's draft was supposedly the best in a decade, and yet the Spurs only graded 20 players as first round talent. Kyle was one of them. I think I'll roll with RC on this one.
That doesn't mean he will turn out to be a player, even the good eye for talent is wrong every once in a while. They had a later pick in the draft, most don't turn out to be players in this league for very long when you think of it so it's a gamble. I do trust RC but honestly I don't know about Anderson but I could be wrong.

objective
12-02-2014, 02:43 PM
His ceiling isn't close to McDaniels. Before the draft I had ofsted how o wanted McDaniels over any player who didn't have the athleticism for the NBA, and they're both showing why.

I'm sure Anderson could put up some stats on the 76ers, but he wouldn't be doing what McDaniels is. And it's not just stats on a bad team, McDaniels is doing historic things.

http://www.nba.com/sixers/news/141201-mcdaniels-impact

Anderson is still someone I'd rather see on the court than Daye, but it was a big screwup, potentially as bad as passing on jimmy Butler for Corey Joseph's 'leadership'.

FkLA
12-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Boris was a great athlete in his younger years and is still is a decent one by NBA standards. KA just isn't. His slowness and lack of a shot reminds me of Nando, who other than a nice pass here or there, always looked like he had no business being on an NBA court.

hater
12-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Boris was a great athlete in his younger years and is still is a decent one by NBA standards. KA just isn't. His slowness and lack of a shot reminds me of Nando, who other than a nice pass here or there, always looked like he had no business being on an NBA court.

plus Boris always had body strength, this toothpick KA makes Durant look like Mr T

Prose
12-02-2014, 04:57 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2017693-best-case-worst-case-nba-comparisons-for-uclas-kyle-anderson

^ :lol best case: Jalen Rose worst case: Boris Diaw :lol :lol
Boris is better than jalen

Hoops Czar
12-02-2014, 05:01 PM
Bill Walton "He's a comet shooting across the universe in the Pacific Northwest."
Dick Vitale “Should be a lock top 15 – Kyle is a mini version of Magic Johnson & that is high praise.”
Bob Hurley Sr "Modern-day Magic Johnson"
Bobby Hurley "If you think about what his potential is and his upside is, I think it's as high as any player who has stepped in the door,”
Lebron James "One of the next big things in basketball."
Kevin Durant "The best player in the country."

Tbh, I'm sickened by the lack of trust and faith in KA. "It's his rookie season." "He has to learn the system." He needs to spend time in Austin so he can gain experience." 'Rome wasn't built in a day." KA's going to surprise a lot of you. He has great court vision, makes smart plays with the ball, is very physical without the ball, is an absolute thief, and is an aggressive and smart rebounder.

Malik Hairston
12-02-2014, 05:24 PM
His ceiling is a slightly better Luke Walton due to his much longer wingspan, tbh..

Spurs 4 The Win
12-02-2014, 05:25 PM
Bill Walton "He's a comet shooting across the universe in the Pacific Northwest."
Dick Vitale “Should be a lock top 15 – Kyle is a mini version of Magic Johnson & that is high praise.”
Bobby Hurley "If you think about what his potential is and his upside is, I think it's as high as any player who has stepped in the door,”

Tbh, I'm sickened by the lack of trust and faith in KA. "It's his rookie season." "He has to learn the system." He needs to spend time in Austin so he can gain experience." 'Rome wasn't built in a day." KA's going to surprise a lot of you. He has great court vision, makes smart plays with the ball, is very physical without the ball, is an absolute thief, and is an aggressive and smart rebounder.

Question, why didnt he go higher if he has all this potential?

Hoops Czar
12-02-2014, 05:34 PM

Answer.... Because the Spurs are the smartest organization in professional sports. Their loss is the Spurs gain, tbfh.

littlecoyotecoin
12-02-2014, 06:41 PM
The credited him with 1 block on the boxscore when he had 2 on the same play :depressed

Yeah. I noticed that, too. Cheated him out of a block.

littlecoyotecoin
12-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Boris is better than jalen

^

TheGreatYacht
12-03-2014, 01:41 AM
Best: Diaw
Worst: Manu

100%duncan
12-03-2014, 05:48 AM
Boris Diaw is a very very high ceiling for this kid imho.

I've been hopeful for him but he just hasnt shown anything good yet except a monster game in the little league.

exstatic
12-03-2014, 06:41 AM

Teams are stupid? There are a lot of very badly run front offices that would easily draft an athlete over a basketball player. They do it every year, and then wonder why they have a bust on their hands.

ceperez
12-03-2014, 08:48 AM

Honestly, so far, he fails in comparison with Nando. Nando was able to make some very good assists on occasion.

KA hasn't done much since the regular season started.

This isn't good because his confidence seems to be dropping like a rock.

ceperez
12-03-2014, 08:50 AM
Teams are stupid? There are a lot of very badly run front offices that would easily draft an athlete over a basketball player. They do it every year, and then wonder why they have a bust on their hands.

There a lot of rookies that have been drafted before KA that also haven't done a single thing. Heck, the entire Sixers team is full of high draft pick rookies and sophomore players. Guess what.... that bunch hasn't won a game yet.

Draft picks in general are over rated. It takes like 4-6 years for a player to become serviceable in the NBA.

yavozerb
12-03-2014, 08:55 AM
If a team is relying on a rookie for big numbers then that team is not very good, that simple...KA needs time to refine his game for when SA actually needs some production from him maybe as early as next season.

Big Empty
12-03-2014, 09:22 AM
cory joseph was very unpolished 2 years ago. Hes our future pg guy could start on half the teams in the nba. Give him 2 years or so to develop a little.

jeebus
12-03-2014, 09:39 AM
His head is too big for him to be of any use to an NBA team.

jeebus
12-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Hes our future pg guy could start on half the teams in the nba.
He could start on the 76ers...I'd rather have Raymond Felton starting.

And if he's our future, it's a rather shitty, bleak future.

wildbill2u
12-03-2014, 12:18 PM
Basketball reference lists him at 6'9" and 230 and Boris at 6'8" and 215. I was surprised he was that big because he looks a little skinny to me. Boris is listed as a PF and SG which seems a little strange but we are in an era where position designations aren't following the old standards.

But if he really is that big, let's think of Anderson as a PF. At that position his lack of footspeed doesn't matter as much since very few PF are real quick. Pop should try him out at the PF more and forget about him as a guard or SF. There isn't much point in playing him outside the arc right now as his shooting isn't good enough to make him a threat right now. If I'm guarding him, then I'm gonna play way off and help out my teammates.

His stats are virtually non-existent so he will reveal himself as the season progresses.

Prose
12-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Dang he does look epically slow like nando

boutons_deux
12-06-2014, 01:05 PM
Boris is definitely NOT 215

kaji157
12-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Spurs official site lists Anderson at 6-9 230 lbs and Boris the Diaw at 6-8 250 lbs.
So if Kyle could get 15 lbs that would be great for him to play PF.
Tiago for example is 6-11 245lbs
Baynes is 6-10 260lbs
Ayres is 6-9 250lbs.

Othe players i think Kyle Anderson can be compared in terms of body are.

Scola 6-9 250lbs
West 6-9 250lbs

tholdren
12-06-2014, 05:12 PM

Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Anderson is a role player at best. He has zero aggressive bone in his body, so the comments about rebounding can go. To put it in perspective he was 6'7 as a sr in high school 215 lbs averaged 6 rpg. I was 6 foot and averaged 7.

He's smart, and will add more to the team than just numbers, but in reality SA will have to have a big three, or a really good inside outside tandem for him to come anywhere near a ceiling.

By the time he gets meaningful minutes the current big 3 will be gone. He was an overhyped project coming out of college, hence the drop in draft. Pull up the old thread on the pick, watch 90 percent of ST bust a nut for a Toro...

Outlier
12-06-2014, 05:16 PM
So many debbie downers on this site. How do you guys live with yourselves? Holy shit the negativity is too strong with yall i wonder if its any fun to actually be around you guys in real life. You people are horrible. To cast Anderson as some scrub this early... I wonder what yall thought of Cory? Hes doing well now and he sucked before.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-06-2014, 07:38 PM
Since he was drafted he has lost some of that soft chub rock and is starting to put on lean mass. You can see it in his neck and soldiers. As college athletes go he was a pretty bad body coming out. For better or worse it seem Pop is more inclined to give Daye minutes over Anderson this season so my expectations are quite low. If he continues to reshape his body then I'm not sure what he might be able to do.

Hoops Czar
12-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Get the fuck outta here with that shit. Anderson is a role player at best. He has zero aggressive bone in his body, so the comments about rebounding can go. To put it in perspective he was 6'7 as a sr in high school 215 lbs averaged 6 rpg. I was 6 foot and averaged 7.

He's smart, and will add more to the team than just numbers, but in reality SA will have to have a big three, or a really good inside outside tandem for him to come anywhere near a ceiling.

By the time he gets meaningful minutes the current big 3 will be gone. He was an overhyped project coming out of college, hence the drop in draft. Pull up the old thread on the pick, watch 90 percent of ST bust a nut for a Toro...

HATER!!!! You'll see!!! You'll be sorry the day you didn't believe in Santa Cla, I mean Kyle "Magic" Anderson!!!! "He just needs to get some confidence." "He fits the Spurs system to a tee". "Besides, he was the best passer in the draft. "Of course, he'll never reach his full potential if Pop doesn't run plays through him." Speaking of passes and I hate to ask, can you make a gif of Anderson's pass to Diaw? It was sweeeeeeeet!!!!

tmtcsc
12-07-2014, 01:20 AM
Dang he does look epically slow like nando

Lol, what? Nando runs like an Olympic sprinter compared to Anderson. Anderson's like that tall dude at the Y who just wants to shoot 3's and never post up - even though he's one of the tallest guys on the court. You know, he's the guy with the knee brace who just methodically runs up and down the court between the 3 pt lines. Makes a few slick passes and a couple of shots but just isn't scrappy or tough. -- That's what Anderson looks like against NBA talent thus far.

tholdren
12-07-2014, 08:49 AM
HATER!!!! You'll see!!! You'll be sorry the day you didn't believe in Santa Cla, I mean Kyle "Magic" Anderson!!!! "He just needs to get some confidence." "He fits the Spurs system to a tee". "Besides, he was the best passer in the draft. "Of course, he'll never reach his full potential if Pop doesn't run plays through him." Speaking of passes and I hate to ask, can you make a gif of Anderson's pass to Diaw? It was sweeeeeeeet!!!!

H8trs gone h8. But if he was smart, and live his lyfe based on rap lyrics he wouldn't have no worries

spursparker9
12-07-2014, 09:46 AM
What are your early thoughts on Kyle Anderson and his NBA prospects?

Erler: I think he's too limited athletically to ever be more than a 7th or 8th man. Just too slow laterally and not explosive at all. Plus, he basically projects to a small-forward and the Spurs have that position covered for the next decade. I don't really see Anderson ever being a stretch-four. He'd get eaten alive by the PFs around the league. Right now he's just really tentative and sees to have no idea how to get his shot off in the pros.

Gomez: There's one reason why I think he can be a good rotation player in the league: he hasn't improved his body yet. His pre-draft measurements showed he had a bigger percentage of body fat than DeJuan Blair and Kevin Love, for example. And while some guys bulk up in college, he didn't have to because he was playing point guard. If he commits to maximizing his physical tools, the talent to be a good player is there.

Young: I haven't seen anything to make me really excited, but I also have to take it with a grain of salt. It's early and he's the only new piece in a puzzle with all of its pieces. I think he will find his place, but he is slower than I could have imagined.

Wilco: He's so young and it's quite early in his rookie season. That's the best thing he has going for him. Also, the Spurs aren't looking for him to be productive right now. They just want to see his progression continue at a steady pace. Just look at how PATFO handled Cory Joseph: he got all the time he needed, and now he's proving that he can be a viable backup point guard. With time I think Anderson will find his place, although I think it more likely to happen for him as a four than a three.

original source and credit:
http://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/12/5/7338105/aron-baynes-really-this-good

FireMicoHalili
12-07-2014, 10:03 AM
So KJ McDaniels is doing fine

objective
12-07-2014, 11:29 AM
Smh at ptr comparing Joseph's years of development with Anderson's future. Not encouraging when the FO passed on Jimmy Butler for a project like Joseph where only after 3+ years does he look like an okay backup.

People taking up Anderson being the best passer in the draft despite his limited body reminds me of RC talking up Jack McClinton as the best shooter in the draft.

exstatic
12-07-2014, 01:15 PM
Smh at ptr comparing Joseph's years of development with Anderson's future. Not encouraging when the FO passed on Jimmy Butler for a project like Joseph where only after 3+ years does he look like an okay backup.

People taking up Anderson being the best passer in the draft despite his limited body reminds me of RC talking up Jack McClinton as the best shooter in the draft.

Jimmy Butler would be an OK backup to Kawhi, taken in that same draft.

ChumpDumper
12-07-2014, 02:25 PM
lol not encouraging

Always gotta love the retcon draft experts.

superbigtime
12-07-2014, 03:26 PM
Lol, what? Anderson's like that tall dude at the Y who just wants to shoot 3's and never post up.
-Austin Daye?

Hemotivo
12-07-2014, 05:30 PM

yep

Beaverfuzz
12-07-2014, 11:02 PM
Hasn't surprised me at all, still the same scrub that he was at FUCLA.

Chinook
12-07-2014, 11:30 PM

Yeah, because the two-guard position has really been lacking in recent years... It made zero sense to draft Jimmy in 2011. It's not even a move the Spurs needed to make in retrospect. This isn't like 2008 where there were a few guys taken in the early second that amounted to something.

Dex
12-08-2014, 02:40 PM
Shooting 11% from the field. :depressed

pgardn
12-08-2014, 04:06 PM
He fits us.

Anderson knows the game.
He is a weak 230lbs. and he is slow. But he can play, there is no doubt. Can he get enough strength and a little more speed that comes with it... this is the question. I can't see how we can really rate him at this point other than does he appear comfortable and have basketball sense. I'm sure he is and does. Forget the stats, they mean very little for the minutes he is getting. Look at the other attributes. I still like the pick.

Dawkins
12-09-2014, 03:57 AM
He fits us.

Anderson knows the game.
He is a weak 230lbs. and he is slow. But he can play, there is no doubt. Can he get enough strength and a little more speed that comes with it... this is the question. I can't see how we can really rate him at this point other than does he appear comfortable and have basketball sense. I'm sure he is and does. Forget the stats, they mean very little for the minutes he is getting. Look at the other attributes. I still like the pick.

It's great for Anderson to have Messina as a coach, who has worked with Papaloukas at CSKA at PG and who had a very similar game. Great combo back then, hope he can translate it somehow to Anderson.

Russ
12-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Another good discussion to bookmark . . .

exstatic
12-10-2014, 10:58 PM
Nice game. He had 9pts 5rebs 3assts 2stls on 4-5 shooting and 1-2 3pointers.

toki9
12-10-2014, 11:30 PM
Looks like he's bulked up a bit...his upper body looks pretty different than from the summer...probably affecting his shot

exstatic
12-10-2014, 11:37 PM
Looks like he's bulked up a bit...his upper body looks pretty different than from the summer...probably affecting his shot

I think the fact that his shot is new and re-worked is what is affecting it.

look_at_g_shred
12-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Solid game KA

milkyway21
12-11-2014, 12:15 AM
Let's see if he can show us similar nice performance against the Lakers.
Good enough to warrant a look from (I don't look at him during practice :D), Pop :lol

pgardn
12-11-2014, 07:30 AM
Again let's look at it all. Good stat line. Good leadership setting screens and actually waving teammates through.

Some Ugly:
I know Jr. is quick, but he blew by a statuesque KA. His hands and his anticipation on D better improve if his feet can't move. Bad matchup on D for Anderson but it really looked bad. I realize the game was out of hand, still... wow. One play was bad enough to make an impression.

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
12-11-2014, 07:58 AM
Shooting 11% from the field. :depressed

Because he is completely changing his shooting mechanics. The same happen to Kawhi when he first came to the Spurs. He shot like 28% his first few weeks, although he didn't shoot a lot. He finished his rookie season shooting 49% from the field.

I think KA will be the same. He shot 80% last night. He finally had a decent game. If you notice, his arms are finally getting some definition to them. So the fact he is changing his shot mechanics while at the same time going through a vigorous workout routine to put more definition and muscle to his frame will effect your shot and overall movement in game.

Once he gets pass those to humps and his shot is down and his body is fine tune, we should see more improvement from KA. Then he can start working on posting up.

KA is a project, but he has the potential to be a really good stretch point PF. He just has to get himself in the position to be that. KA is no less of an athlete than Bonner was and Bonner has had a decent career at PF with measurables 6'10" 235lb. Factor in that KA has a 7'4" wingspan, he is more than capable of playing PF in this league once he sheds his body fat.

exstatic
12-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Again let's look at it all. Good stat line. Good leadership setting screens and actually waving teammates through.

Some Ugly:
I know Jr. is quick, but he blew by a statuesque KA. His hands and his anticipation on D better improve if his feet can't move. Bad matchup on D for Anderson but it really looked bad. I realize the game was out of hand, still... wow. One play was bad enough to make an impression.

I'm with C_W_S. Anderson won't have to worry about checking wings and guards because his ultimate position is likely to be stretch PF.

Old School 44
12-11-2014, 10:11 AM
I get that he's not the fastest player, but people tend to focus just on what he can't do on defense because of this lack of speed. If his outside shot comes along, offensively, he could be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. Offensively, it seems the Spurs players are each developing their versatility. Bonner and Green taking guys off the dribble. Tony shooting threes. Anderson is just one more versatile player to add to the mix.

BillMc
12-11-2014, 10:43 AM
I get that he's not the fastest player, but people tend to focus just on what he can't do on defense because of this lack of speed. If his outside shot comes along, offensively, he could be a matchup nightmare for opposing teams. Offensively, it seems the Spurs players are each developing their versatility. Bonner and Green taking guys off the dribble. Tony shooting threes. Anderson is just one more versatile player to add to the mix.

Well said. KA could really be dangerous 2 to 3 years down the line. We all just need to have realistic expectations of him this year.

pgardn
12-11-2014, 03:59 PM
I'm with C_W_S. Anderson won't have to worry about checking wings and guards because his ultimate position is likely to be stretch PF.

On D of course.

If he continues to develop, I would like the ball in his hands away from the basket. He is a much better dribbler than Boris in open space. Altogether we might have swooped down on a rather unique player.

FkLA
12-11-2014, 04:12 PM
Pro-Anderson people are twisting worries about his athleticism and making it seem like those that are worried think you need to be a freak athlete to have a place in the league. He's a below average athlete, simple as that. He doesn't need to be James White but it'd be nice if he had NBA level athleticism. Not only will that likely present problems when he tries to get his shot off but his defense, which wasn't all that great in college, also has to be a concern.

His passing and shooting are nice skills to have in the Spurs system though. I think the Spurs will have him put on some weight and ultimately use him as a stretch 4. Don't think he is athletic enough to stay in front of most quality SFs. A Channing Frye with better passing would be ideal IMO.

^These were my thoughts when we drafted him. Stretch 4 makes sense until you realize how passive and how bad of shooter he is. I know Chip is good at working on player's shots but successful stretch 4s are good-great shooters, and I'm not sure KA can ever be that tbh.

exstatic
12-11-2014, 08:18 PM
^These were my thoughts when we drafted him. Stretch 4 makes sense until you realize how passive and how bad of shooter he is. I know Chip is good at working on player's shots but successful stretch 4s are good-great shooters, and I'm not sure KA can ever be that tbh.

Dude, he shot 45% from 3 last year at UCLA. The Spurs don't DRAFT a player until Chip gets a look at his shot to see if it's fixable. He had the same pull the ball back behind your head hitch that Kawhi did in college, that's all. It's fixable, he just needs game time reps. He'll get those here and in Austin. His shot in college was SO much better than Kawhi's. In two years he shot 37% and Kawhi shot 25%. I would be surprised if Kyle doesn't ultimately shoot 40+% from NBA long distance.

FkLA
12-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Dude, he shot 45% from 3 last year at UCLA. The Spurs don't DRAFT a player until Chip gets a look at his shot to see if it's fixable. He had the same pull the ball back behind your head hitch that Kawhi did in college, that's all. It's fixable, he just needs game time reps. He'll get those here and in Austin. His shot in college was SO much better than Kawhi's. In two years he shot 37% and Kawhi shot 25%. I would be surprised if Kyle doesn't ultimately shoot 40+% from NBA long distance.

I mean I hope you are right, I just wouldn't bet on it. There's an adjustment phase which comes with some struggles but I don't think I've seen it to this extent for someone that actually ended up being a useful NBA player. Shooting 15% from the field, regardless of how limited his minutes are, is a pretty big red flag imo.

spurraider21
12-11-2014, 09:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOu4t5oX42o

exstatic
12-11-2014, 09:39 PM
I mean I hope you are right, I just wouldn't bet on it. There's an adjustment phase which comes with some struggles but I don't think I've seen it to this extent for someone that actually ended up being a useful NBA player. Shooting 15% from the field, regardless of how limited his minutes are, is a pretty big red flag imo.

Dude.

He. Has. A. New. Shot.

Bartleby
12-11-2014, 09:41 PM
It's really too early in the season to worry much about what sort of shooter he's going to turn out to be. If he's still shooting around 15% by the ASB then yeah, I would probably be somewhat concerned.

TampaDude
12-11-2014, 09:49 PM
Magic Johnson without the AIDS, IMO

^ truth

Maddog
12-12-2014, 09:48 AM
I think it's hard to judge too much from what we have seen so far. He looked good against the Knicks- however that Knicks team was pretty bad. So far I am impressed by three things- 1) court vision 2) rebounding- definitely has a knack for the ball and finally- he really seems to be able to get into the paint. Despite the slow motion. If he gets "floater shot" or semi jump hook he will be a very good offensive player. I'm not worried about his shot- as pointed out he shot well in college and Chip has done wonders with less

I think he will end up being a good role player. His defensive restrictions will limit him form being a starter etc.

Flawless
12-12-2014, 10:44 AM
I think it's hard to judge too much from what we have seen so far. He looked good against the Knicks- however that Knicks team was pretty bad. So far I am impressed by three things- 1) court vision 2) rebounding- definitely has a knack for the ball and finally- he really seems to be able to get into the paint. Despite the slow motion. If he gets "floater shot" or semi jump hook he will be a very good offensive player. I'm not worried about his shot- as pointed out he shot well in college and Chip has done wonders with less

I think he will end up being a good role player. His defensive restrictions will limit him form being a starter etc.

This, however I think once he adds some weight and bulks up he should be able to defend the 4.

Chinook
12-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Anderson wouldn't be a bad starter on the current Spurs. Whether he would be on the future teams depends on who else is in the SL.

exstatic
12-16-2014, 12:23 AM
Love
this
kid

Raven
12-16-2014, 12:24 AM
looked smooth as silk.

exstatic
12-16-2014, 12:25 AM
He's starting to figure out that he can play very well in the NBA. I fucking loved that finger roll he threw at them.

Malik Hairston
12-16-2014, 12:26 AM
All pointless for the current Spurs if he doesn't learn how to shoot with his new form, unfortunately..

ElNono
12-16-2014, 12:32 AM
he did really good... there might be something there... but you can't get ahead of yourself, Portland is a notoriously poor team defending the basket...

Brunodf
12-16-2014, 01:26 AM
:tu Slowmo was surprisingly good against Portland

Cry Havoc
12-16-2014, 02:39 AM
All pointless for the current Spurs if he doesn't learn how to shoot with his new form, unfortunately..

If anyone can lead a horse to a bucket, it's this Spurs coaching staff.

benfti
12-16-2014, 02:42 AM
He will be good, very confident of that, he is a rook, give him time

benfti
12-16-2014, 02:47 AM
In fact I really like what I've seen so far

spurraider21
12-16-2014, 03:29 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6WLP5qw5O8

ABC
12-16-2014, 06:06 AM
Thanks spurraider21 :bobo

Brazil
12-16-2014, 07:33 AM
it was a good game for him :tu

He is still slow tho and his shooting form / release is still a work in progress. I believe chip will give him soon a reliable shoot and a quicker release, his lack of lateral quickness is something you cannot fix.

Spurs are depleted...this is his chance

exstatic
12-16-2014, 07:54 AM
it was a good game for him :tu

He is still slow tho and his shooting form / release is still a work in progress. I believe chip will give him soon a reliable shoot and a quicker release, his lack of lateral quickness is something you cannot fix.

Spurs are depleted...this is his chance

He's had three solid games in a row, not counting 1 minute of nothing in garbage time against Utah.

spursparker9
12-16-2014, 08:04 AM
KA looks like a good defensive rebounder too.

exstatic
12-16-2014, 08:11 AM
KA looks like a good defensive rebounder too.

He's a good rebounder, period. When you draft at 30, you generally look for one skill, and I said at the time that I would have drafted him just for his rebounding.

Brazil
12-16-2014, 08:11 AM
He's had three solid games in a row, not counting 1 minute of nothing in garbage time against Utah.

I agree

and BTW and to be fair... his defense is not that bad, he is defending quite well the 3 pts line and the long JS >15 ft while he has been bad close to the rim. That could seem surprising but makes sense. His size is solid and bother shooters from long distance and he is reaching them fast enough... near the rim he is getting smoked, his lack of lateral quickness is showing in those situations.

Overall net is neutral between the two situations which is not bad.

Old School 44
12-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Nice game by Anderson and Pop (for calling his number numerous times).
Interestingly, Anderson's performance made me not feel so disappointed by the loss.
He reminds me of a bigger Andre Miller...a very smart, delibrate game.

spursparker9
12-16-2014, 08:53 AM
Nice game by Anderson and Pop (for calling his number numerous times).
Interestingly, Anderson's performance made me not feel so disappointed by the loss.
He reminds me of a bigger Andre Miller...a very smart, delibrate game.

Oh yeah....Andre Miller. KA definitely got potential to be a taller Andre Miller.

spursparker9
12-16-2014, 08:53 AM
repeat post. edited.

MilesTeg
12-16-2014, 09:31 AM
2-3 minutes of real dominance, it was great to see. He's going to be a big match-up problem for a lot of teams when his game develop.

I think he really just needs confidence at this point, and this game will help. Can't wait to see more of him.

Beaverfuzz
12-16-2014, 09:59 AM
This fucker is slowly starting to come around.

look_at_g_shred
12-16-2014, 12:49 PM
Love
this
kid

Legacy
12-16-2014, 05:02 PM
I need to see more.

Cklbmk
12-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Told ya'll he'd replace Manu.

raybies
12-17-2014, 12:33 AM
I wonder if him playing with Leonard was a glimpse into the future. Thoughts on kawhi being the starting SG and Kyle, being the starting SF. It's early but I thought they complimented each other well. This is post Duncan and Ginobili btw.

Also wanted to note that last night was the first night Kyle took minutes from Marco and Danny.

silverblackfan
12-17-2014, 01:13 AM
Kyle's play was the only reason I am not bummed about losing to the Blazers, despite the NBA League blackout and missing 4 top players. KA has been showing a bit of game despite being the new guy on an established team. It has been one of the bright spots in the early season.

exstatic
12-17-2014, 08:10 AM
I wonder if him playing with Leonard was a glimpse into the future. Thoughts on kawhi being the starting SG and Kyle, being the starting SF. It's early but I thought they complimented each other well. This is post Duncan and Ginobili btw.

Also wanted to note that last night was the first night Kyle took minutes from Marco and Danny.

Bookend forwards, tbh. Kyle rebounds and contests shots well enough to play PF as soon as he fills out. He'll never be quick enough to check SGs.

Fireball
12-17-2014, 08:49 AM
Kyle's play was the only reason I am not bummed about losing to the Blazers, despite the NBA League blackout and missing 4 top players. KA has been showing a bit of game despite being the new guy on an established team. It has been one of the bright spots in the early season. Agree. As Austin Daye cannot hit a three or any shot at all, Anderson should get at least all his minutes from now on. Lets see if Pop starts him for against Memphis because Kawhi is out.

AaronY
12-17-2014, 06:42 PM
If anyone can lead a horse to a bucket, it's this Spurs coaching staff.
You're so good at analogies dood.

Cry Havoc
12-17-2014, 07:05 PM
You're so good at analogies dood.

:lol Glad someone caught that.

hater
12-17-2014, 09:48 PM
Dis mofo has the length and IQ to do some damage imo. Plus he's a great rebounder

SnakeBoy
12-31-2014, 03:03 PM
Nice game from Kyle last night. Only the second time he's come out aggressive on the offensive end. Unfortunately the team quickly went away from him after he gave them a quick spark off the bench. While Kawhi has been out I really wish Pop would have given him the rookie TP treatment and forced him to rise to the occasion instead of instantly sitting him after every mistake. It certainly couldn't have hurt us in the standings.

DMC
12-31-2014, 03:40 PM
He's not a world beater right now, maybe he gets better but I haven't been impressed with him so far.

daslicer
12-31-2014, 04:46 PM
He's a great passer but other than that I haven't been impressed.

Brunodf
12-31-2014, 05:08 PM
The only time the Spurs made a run was when Kyle replaced Belinelli in the 4th...

SnakeBoy
12-31-2014, 05:26 PM
He's not a world beater right now, maybe he gets better but I haven't been impressed with him so far.

Other than the Portland game and last night he's looked like a timid and confused rookie. When he has played with confidence he's shown he can handle the ball, get to the basket Slomo style, hit outside shots, excellent passer, rebound, and defensively he hasn't been awesome but already better than Beli.

DMC
12-31-2014, 05:58 PM
Other than the Portland game and last night he's looked like a timid and confused rookie. When he has played with confidence he's shown he can handle the ball, get to the basket Slomo style, hit outside shots, excellent passer, rebound, and defensively he hasn't been awesome but already better than Beli.
He hasn't done anything Nando couldn't do.

yavozerb
12-31-2014, 06:05 PM
The only time the Spurs made a run was when Kyle replaced Belinelli in the 4th...
:lol, alot of dumb shit said in this thread..I said it weeks ago and well say it again, If Anderson plays alot of minutes the spurs are in a bad place. Not because he is bad NBA player, but because he not ready yet.

Brunodf
12-31-2014, 06:08 PM
:lol, alot of dumb shit said in this thread..I said it weeks ago and well say it again, If Anderson plays alot of minutes the spurs are in a bad place. Not because he is bad NBA player, but because he not ready yet.
The Spurs are in a bad place:bang Belinelli is playing 30+minutes

I would rather lose giving Kyle some experience than lose playing Belinelli 35 minutes

daslicer
12-31-2014, 06:12 PM
Kyle Anderson right now is like a black version of Luke Walton. Just like Luke he's a great passer but is not good at anything else atleast not yet.

look_at_g_shred
12-31-2014, 06:13 PM
Dude has mad skills and sees the floor well. Anybody who can't realize that is ignorant.

maverick1948
12-31-2014, 09:42 PM
He was said to be too slow but watching him move has made me evaluate that again. He looks slow because he is covering a lot of ground with each step. His height and length will make him a better player in 2 years.

Ceiling?? Solid backup at 3 or maybe even 4 positions. A Boris Diaw type player.

SnakeBoy
12-31-2014, 09:49 PM

I think you're missing the point. Spurs are below .500 for December.

SnakeBoy
12-31-2014, 09:51 PM
He hasn't done anything Nando couldn't do.

That's about as retarded as it gets. Were you one of the idiots whining that Nando was being kept on the bench?

ducks
12-31-2014, 09:53 PM
if spurs get healthy he could go to austin and play more minutes and get better
but he is still good

look_at_g_shred
12-31-2014, 09:53 PM
Dude has mad skills and sees the floor well. Anybody who can't realize that is ignorant.

SnakeBoy
12-31-2014, 10:05 PM
Another decent outing for Slomo. I wish he would quit driving two feet from the basket and then kicking the ball out, you're 6'9 just take the shot already.

Johnny RIngo
12-31-2014, 10:06 PM
That's about as retarded as it gets. Were you one of the idiots whining that Nando was being kept on the bench?

Nah, he's right. Nando was a better rookie than Anderson(though Nando was four years older).

yavozerb
12-31-2014, 11:29 PM

I think your missing the point. Was Anderson playing much when spurs were winning? Has his PT picked up in the month of December? My point is with injuries the spurs are down the end of the roster searching for minutes and thus winning games becomes more diffucult. Anderson is going to be a good player, but he well not help this team win this season.

Hoops Czar
12-31-2014, 11:36 PM
Nah, he's right. Nando was a better rookie than Anderson(though Nando was four years older).

Nando played three years of professional ball overseas. And NO, he wasn't better. He was just plain awful.

DMC
01-01-2015, 12:32 AM
No. Nando sucked. There's a ton of potential all over the league, in colleges and smaller leagues all over the world. Most of it will never be realized, and I don't know if this kid Anderson will ever pan out to anything. He could though, but Nando looked pretty good to, had crazy court vision just couldn't play a lick of defense and was basically unable to grab a spot.

Raven
01-01-2015, 07:39 PM
he clearly isn't too slow to defend the three and has plenty offensive moves. He is a keeper. His shooting is also solid, although a work in progress.

objective
01-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Reminding me more and more of a big Kendall Marshall.

Good skills, great skills maybe. Good size. But athletically so limited that he's not a real option for a good team. Force feed him minutes, especially on a losing team, and he can show some nice stats. But as a real option on a team that's contending or trying to ... Not buying it.

Hemotivo
01-01-2015, 09:46 PM
Kyle Anderson is gonna change the way we look at basketball

GrandeDavid
01-01-2015, 09:59 PM
He looks like he'll be fortunate to still be in the L a year from now tbh.

spurspokesman
01-01-2015, 10:16 PM
Epic Baiting lol

tholdren
01-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Where are all of the people who said he is a lottery talent

bluebellmaniac
01-02-2015, 01:42 AM
Where are all of the people who said he is a lottery talent

Who said he was lottery talent?

Cowboys_Wear_Spurs
01-02-2015, 08:43 AM

Maybe they were because they had the most difficult schedule of any NBA team in December. But expect the Spurs to make a run as their schedule is pretty easy for the rest of the year.

tholdren
01-02-2015, 09:55 AM

Pull the ka draft thread

Chinook
01-02-2015, 01:33 PM
Anderson's lookef better than I thought he would. Not every rookie's gonna be Kawhi. If he has a growth curve similar to Joseph, he'll be a top-eight player on the team by 2016. Dude is gonna be a load on offense when he puts on weight.

monkeypunk
01-02-2015, 01:40 PM
Anderson's lookef better than I thought he would. Not every rookie's gonna be Kawhi. If he has a growth curve similar to Joseph, he'll be a top-eight player on the team by 2016. Dude is gonna be a load on offense when he puts on weight.

Not only the weight but he'll be a beast once he realizes his length will let him get shots up over the majority of people defending him. He gets 2 to 3 feet from the basket on the reg but then passes it out. Once he gets over that hurdle, he'll be quite the player overall. His defense is nowhere near as bad as advertised as well. Def a keeper but needs consistent minutes.

Raven
01-02-2015, 04:03 PM

i don't think he should put up weight, i think he should rip first and then see what he can do.

exstatic
01-02-2015, 10:47 PM
i don't think he should put up weight, i think he should rip first and then see what he can do.

Muscle weighs more than fat, so he can "rip" and put on weight.

exstatic
01-03-2015, 12:54 AM

Maybe the Spurs? RC let out that in this "deep" draft, the Spurs only graded 20 players as legit first rounders, and Kyle was one of them. Nothing says that he had to be #20, either.

Richie
01-03-2015, 01:03 AM

Getting leaner won't make him quicker laterally, he's too slow to defend wings in this league. Put on 30lbs, become a power forward and Diaw

Raven
01-03-2015, 08:52 AM
Muscle weighs more than fat, so he can "rip" and put on weight.

You rip first, then put on weight, it's common knowledge that putting up muscles under fat, limits the ability to burn fat.

Raven
01-03-2015, 08:54 AM
Getting leaner won't make him quicker laterally, he's too slow to defend wings in this league. Put on 30lbs, become a power forward and Diaw

He's clearly not too slow, and the wingspan helps him a lot. Making him a pf would kill him imo.

Mikeanaro
01-03-2015, 09:13 AM
No need to beef up in my opinion.

BacktoBasics
01-03-2015, 11:32 AM
No need to beef up in my opinion.Thankfully your opinion means nothing. There's no shortage of examples throughout the years of players putting on weight as they physically mature. Its a matter of matching up the proper fitness to an appropriate amount of weight gain to maximize your athletic potential. Not to mention the obvious health and injury benefits from proper muscle training.

The problem with simpletons like yourself is you can't think beyond the opinions of others to see that "beefing up" doesn't have to equate to counter-productive weight gain. I swear you're the dumbest fucking poster here.

ohmwrecker
01-03-2015, 11:34 AM
No. Nando sucked. There's a ton of potential all over the league, in colleges and smaller leagues all over the world. Most of it will never be realized, and I don't know if this kid Anderson will ever pan out to anything. He could though, but Nando looked pretty good to, had crazy court vision just couldn't play a lick of defense and was basically unable to grab a spot.

Potential is hard to gauge. I thought we saw everything Nando had to offer. I don't think we've seen that from Anderson yet. Could be wrong though...

Mikeanaro
01-03-2015, 11:52 AM
BacktoBasics needs some roast beef inside his anus tbh.

Beaverfuzz
01-03-2015, 07:09 PM
Back to my shit list again. Fuck this FUCLA clown.

look_at_g_shred
01-03-2015, 07:50 PM
How can no one see the potential in this kid? Of course he's not going to be a superstar in his first year :lol I really think a lot of you have way too many expectations of anderson. He's not very athletic but has all the tools to be a solid NBA player for a long time. He's not like a lot of players whose games require nothing but athleticism and then when they get older start to blow because they never had to use fundamentals. I love this kid and has shown me in spurts enough to know how good he will be.

tholdren
01-03-2015, 08:31 PM
You rip first, then put on weight, it's common knowledge that putting up muscles under fat, limits the ability to burn fat.
citation needed for the above.

Also, getting leaner will make him quicker laterally, as long as he is not losing muscle. Think about it. If you are carrying 200 lbs of weight and did a timed karaoke or defensive slide drill, then did the same drill when you weighed 190, you would do it faster. F=MA. Just like he would run a 40 faster and his vertical would be higher.

exstatic
01-03-2015, 09:40 PM
How can no one see the potential in this kid? Of course he's not going to be a superstar in his first year :lol I really think a lot of you have way too many expectations of anderson. He's not very athletic but has all the tools to be a solid NBA player for a long time. He's not like a lot of players whose games require nothing but athleticism and then when they get older start to blow because they never had to use fundamentals. I love this kid and has shown me in spurts enough to know how good he will be.

He has 4 legit NBA skills: passing, ballhandling, shooting (work in progress), and rebounding. He's also a surprise ball thief and shot blocker, using his length well. People are just stupid to judge him on a few hundred rookie minutes.

Manu-of-steel
01-03-2015, 10:02 PM
Agree

Manu-of-steel
01-03-2015, 10:04 PM
He has 4 legit NBA skills: passing, ballhandling, shooting (work in progress), and rebounding. He's also a surprise ball thief and shot blocker, using his length well. People are just stupid to judge him on a few hundred rookie minutes.
Agree with this

T Park
01-03-2015, 11:33 PM

That never happens here!

I mean yeah there was Whitney > Parker
Giricek > Manu
And Corey Joseph is trash but...

Raven
01-04-2015, 11:07 AM
citation needed for the above.

Also, getting leaner will make him quicker laterally, as long as he is not losing muscle. Think about it. If you are carrying 200 lbs of weight and did a timed karaoke or defensive slide drill, then did the same drill when you weighed 190, you would do it faster. F=MA. Just like he would run a 40 faster and his vertical would be higher.

well i don't disagree with that one bit

Brazil
04-08-2015, 10:12 PM
I picked a random thread to talk about the future ginobili tbh...

Brazil
04-08-2015, 10:13 PM
Steal of the draft

Raven
04-08-2015, 10:16 PM
he looked great.

phxspurfan
04-08-2015, 11:35 PM
He got stuffed pretty bad though. And looked suuuper slow like Diaw without the post up game

spursparker9
04-08-2015, 11:47 PM

Got to take the heat tbh, Kyle.

like Enrique once do

ChumpDumper
04-08-2015, 11:55 PM
Will probably go back Saturday.

LongtimeSpursFan
04-08-2015, 11:56 PM
Kyle has the ability to put the ball on the floor, take it to the rim, finish, pass and shoot the three. Those qualities alone will keep you in the NBA for a long time. Thankfully he also has a post up game and great hands on the defensive side. If we didn't already have Kawhi he would have taken on the starting SF position next year.

SnakeBoy
04-09-2015, 12:12 AM

Got to take the heat tbh, Kyle.

like Enrique once do

He should take it as a compliment. Pop doesn't waste his wrath on scrubs.

SouthernFried
04-09-2015, 06:50 AM
Didn't he get blocked a couple of times?

I was watching and saw this guy moving in slow motion and couldn't figure out who it was. Then I heard someone say "Anderson"...and I thought, really? I thought he was still in Austin. Anyway, I know he's slow and got the slo-mo moniker...but that was ridiculous. Guys that normally shouldn't even be in the play, were catching up to him and blocking his stuff. I understand slow and in control, but there's a point where it's ridiculous. He went from slow heading towards the basket, to inanimate as he's trying to put it in. I don't think I ever understood slow, until I saw Anderson last night. :wakeup

weebo
04-09-2015, 08:10 AM
He does look slow but you gotta give him a chance to adjust to the pace at this level. He's hardly played in actual NBA games this year.

tmtcsc
04-09-2015, 08:10 AM
He should take it as a compliment. Pop doesn't waste his wrath on scrubs.

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh82/la213pg/CubeWTF.gif

Pop will unload on anyone.

Chinook
04-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Thought he looked all right. Him getting blocked wasn't about speed but rather a lack of awareness. He showed great instincts defensively, and improving on those is the only way he can stay on the court. Would have liked to see him do more to get others involved. He was still in that d-league mindset. He also had a d-league caliber crew around him.

$pursDynasty
04-09-2015, 09:01 AM
I don't know if KA is in fact Bobo 3.0 we would have been better served letting some other team draft him, let him flounder around the league, gain weight and then pick him off the scrap heap and teach him the Spurs way, like we did w/ 1.0/2.0. J/K he is the opposite of everything the masses go after, smart heady productive player w/ limited athleticism. The NBA clamors for dumb as a box of rocks but has athleticism out of the wazoo and can jump out of the gym. Since the masses almost constantly fail and the Spurs consistently win, there must be a method to their madness, though I do wish the Spurs would draft some guys with more athleticism, there has to be some players out there with athleticism AND brains. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Baam
04-09-2015, 09:38 AM
The FO better handle him correctly and make some room in front of him next season. He has everything, he needs to play in the NBA so that he can get better faster.

cjw
04-09-2015, 09:58 AM
Really would be interested to see what he can do in minutes with the second unit as opposed to the scrubs given the the time he's spent in Austin. Laughed when he got run down on his breakaway, but liked the other things I saw from him.

Only Clarkson (Spurs already had three PGs on roster) has been at all useful among the guys drafted in the second round. KJ McDaniels fell off a cliff and Sixers cut bait on him while he still had value given his one year contract.

wildbill2u
04-09-2015, 10:13 AM
KA not ready for prime time yet. Comparing him to Diaw is a little premature. Just because he's slow and can pass a bit doesn't make him a Bobo clone.

Bobo came into the league as a guard with reasonable speed and lost value as he fattened up and lost interest on bad teams. It took Pop and his friend Parker to see the value in a fat, but BB smart player with passing skills. Remember how many folks were up in arms when we picked him off of the scrap heap.

AFBlue
04-09-2015, 11:00 AM
Yeah, getting his stuff thrown was a learning lesson. Can't get cute with NBA-level athletes lurking. I liked the defense and smarts outside of that though. The kid is definitely crafty around the hoop...liked that drive and finish in the lane.

Chinook
04-09-2015, 11:46 AM
KA not ready for prime time yet. Comparing him to Diaw is a little premature. Just because he's slow and can pass a bit doesn't make him a Bobo clone.

Bobo came into the league as a guard with reasonable speed and lost value as he fattened up and lost interest on bad teams. It took Pop and his friend Parker to see the value in a fat, but BB smart player with passing skills. Remember how many folks were up in arms when we picked him off of the scrap heap.

I agree that Anderson has a long way to go in order to be anything like Diaw. But Boris had the talent to be one of the defining players of the last decade. Dude would be a max player and future HoFer had he been able to sustain his 2.0 peak for more than a few spurts. Dude has it all: Size, skill, athleticism, intelligence.

Darkwaters
04-09-2015, 06:34 PM

Honestly, no I don't. I remember many more people that were excited by the possibilities he could create if he returned to his previous form - which he did.

Raven
04-09-2015, 06:53 PM
Thought he looked all right. Him getting blocked wasn't about speed but rather a lack of awareness. He showed great instincts defensively, and improving on those is the only way he can stay on the court. Would have liked to see him do more to get others involved. He was still in that d-league mindset. He also had a d-league caliber crew around him.

i agree, i was really impressed with his defensive footwork. His shot and shot selection also looked good

BackHome
04-09-2015, 07:13 PM
To be honest how many times have we seen our bigs get stuffed ie. Tiago and Baynes. They started to learn not to show the basketball and use the rim as protection so it's not happening as much as it was earlier in the year. The kid will learn he didn't do to bad in a big game environment.

Malik Hairston
04-09-2015, 08:35 PM
Black Luke Walton, tbh..

Floyd Pacquiao
04-09-2015, 09:07 PM
That never happens here!

I mean yeah there was Whitney > Parker
Giricek > Manu
And Corey Joseph is trash but...
And dont forget Jeff Ayers>> Malik Rose

spurraider21
04-09-2015, 09:19 PM
all his jumpers were good looks in rhythm, but he just hasn't been able to make them in nba games

GSH
04-09-2015, 10:28 PM
He got stuffed pretty bad though. And looked suuuper slow like Diaw without the post up game

I had the game recorded, so I just pulled it up again. Anderson's problem on that play wasn't that he is naturally slow. It was that he started coasting, like he thought he had earned the dunk and they were just going to let him have it. If you watch, you can see him change gears and lengthen his stride, like it was practice. Those last two steps, he's almost dragging his toes like the dunk is just a formality.

The play before that, he ran down a tipped ball, and made a pass to Williams in transition, and then just stood and watched. Williams got his shot blocked, and Anderson wasn't there to try and grab the rebound, because he quit running the floor.

The thing that got his ass chewed wasn't getting a shot blocked, it was for loafing. Personally, I think he's one of those people who look slower than they really are because of the way they run - and he's quick in the sense that he can change speeds very efficiently. That hesitation-and-pop will negate some of the speed deficit he has. But I've watched him during some games, and the thing I REALLY don't like is that he does loaf. He gives up on plays. He stands and watches when he thinks the action isn't coming his way. He plays with zero sense of urgency. That's not a sign of a rookie who is desperate to earn some minutes.

If you watch him in games, there is a look where he is literally walking and watching the action over his shoulder. I've seen him do it enough to have a mental image of it. There was a play last night (Houston) where Bonner is clawing for an offensive board, and Anderson is walking down the court, watching over his shoulder, and I just wanted to scream. He's not waiting at the 3P line, in case Bonner tips the ball out, and he's not hustling back to get set up on defense. He's literally just a spectator.

I think he's got the talent to stick in the NBA. Not a star, but a solid contributor. But only if he makes an effort to scratch and claw, and not take time off during games. I don't blame Pop for kicking his ass.

Silver&Black
04-09-2015, 10:33 PM
Fathead's ceiling:

http://www.floridahoalawyerblog.com/ceiling%20collapse.jpg

SnakeBoy
04-09-2015, 11:30 PM
I think he's got the talent to stick in the NBA. Not a star, but a solid contributor. But only if he makes an effort to scratch and claw, and not take time off during games. I don't blame Pop for kicking his ass.

He's got the talent to be a star. I think he will be, he's never had the rep of being lazy. He just needs to get his ass kicked a little by NBA talent so he can adjust his speed/intensity, and Pop kicking his ass will help speed the process. He's really not all that slow, his "slomo" is deliberate. The way the season worked out there really wasn't an opportunity give him much of a chance to learn. Next year we'll see what he's made of.

toki9
04-09-2015, 11:36 PM
Anderson's problem on that play wasn't that he is naturally slow. It was that he started coasting, like he thought he had earned the dunk and they were just going to let him have it. If you watch, you can see him change gears and lengthen his stride, like it was practice. Those last two steps, he's almost dragging his toes like the dunk is just a formality.

I saw the same thing. It wasn't slow as much as lackadaisical. I think he needs to figure out that he needs to make up in urgency and desperation what he lacks in athleticism. And also realize that he's not good enough at this level to have a discretionary on/off switch. Maybe he needs his own Danny Green experience to figure that out.

UZER
04-09-2015, 11:38 PM
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh82/la213pg/CubeWTF.gif

Pop will unload on anyone.

Except Bonner. Wait a minute...now that I think about it, I'm wrong. How else would Bonner get his minutes?

SnakeBoy
04-09-2015, 11:54 PM
I saw the same thing. It wasn't slow as much as lackadaisical. I think he needs to figure out that he needs to make up in urgency and desperation what he lacks in athleticism. And also realize that he's not good enough at this level to have a discretionary on/off switch. Maybe he needs his own Danny Green experience to figure that out.

He said early on that his slow deliberate style may not translate to the NBA and he might have to speed things up. He just needs time in the NBA to realize that. Playing in the No-D-League won't teach him that.

Pop will see to it that he learns to hustle every minute. Nice thing is he played under Bob Hurley so we know he's not going to have a temper tantrum or cry when Pop gives him the business.

TheCerebral1
04-10-2015, 07:24 AM
He'll have to get more playing time before he gets judgement IMO. But he's got the ability to be a Diaw type player. The kid needs to get stronger.

tmtcsc
04-10-2015, 07:43 AM
He's got talent but that doesn't mean a thing if he doesn't have the drive to succeed. From day one - even in interviews - he's carried himself with a sense of entitlement. He told kids in Harlem (Pre-Draft), the Spurs would be the best team for him to play for, but.....he won't be around when they get to draft. Nnnnnnyaaaaah. Really Kyle? He's said some other ridiculous stuff too that reeks of Fullofshitness. Something like, "its a learning process - i need to adjust to their system and they need to adjust to me". Lol. Right.....they need to adjust to you Kyle. They need to adjust to how you are a lazy player and were successful because of your height in relation to the position you played. All this without a minute played in an NBA game. Dude's a chump. A talented chump, but a chump. He has a l o n g way to go.

Brazil
04-10-2015, 07:50 AM
He's got the talent to be a star. I think he will be,

I don't see it at all but ya let's see what he's made of next year...

Solid contributor possibly, star ? :lol

hooperflash
04-10-2015, 07:58 AM
People think he was trying to dunk? Dude wanted to finger roll, tbh.

tholdren
05-04-2015, 07:55 PM
bump for fun