PDA

View Full Version : Information Please

xrayzebra
08-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Some years ago I bought a ceiling fan and included in the box was a nylon ball chain safety link, it is designed to give way if the chain is pulled too hard to stop damaging the switch or breaking the chain off in the fan housing. It is getting old and weak, I can relate, and I cant find the things anywhere.

Do any of you know where they may be purchased. I have googled, binged, amazoned, grangered and searched everywhere.

mrsmaalox
08-29-2014, 03:33 PM
I've had real good luck getting fan and lamp parts at Home Depot. Just hand the guy the old broken part, he'll find what you need. Odd fan coincidence. I sleep with my ceiling fan on low. I woke up this morning freezing to death (and my dog and cats nudging me to let them under the covers) because my fan was on high. It had turned itself up overnight! I tested it and all the speeds are high now, I guess some speed controller thingy flipped out.

Franklin
08-29-2014, 06:41 PM
shit's a waste of money anyway when you can use air-conditioner for the hottest summer days.

johnsmith
08-29-2014, 06:50 PM
shit's a waste of money anyway when you can use air-conditioner for the hottest summer days.

You realize that most people that have ceiling fans here use the AC and the fan at the same time right? There's no rule saying only one can be used at a time.

Franklin
08-29-2014, 07:08 PM
true, you can wear a raincoat and still carry an umbrella, no problem.