PDA

View Full Version : a funny back and forth I had with Jawbone a while back

cantthinkofanything
08-29-2014, 03:54 PM
Yes...being a little self indulgent here but thought it was good Friday reading.
My Jawbone fucked up and here's the shenanigans that followed.

Hi Ruffus,
We're following up on the ticket we have open for you. We haven't heard back, and want to make sure you're all taken care of. If we don't receive a reply in a few days, we'll go ahead and close the ticket. You're welcome to get back in touch at any point, though! Just reply here, or give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE.
Your reference number for this contact is: xxxxxx
Sincerely,
Philip
The Jawbone Support Team

Thanks for the help. Everything is working great now.
Ruffus

Hi Ruffus,
We're following up on the ticket we have open for you. We haven't heard back, and want to make sure you're all taken care of. If we don't receive a reply in a few days, we'll go ahead and close the ticket. You're welcome to get back in touch at any point, though! Just reply here, or give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE.
Your reference number for this contact is: xxxxxx.
Sincerely,
Philip
The Jawbone Support Team

Hi there Ruffus,
Shay here with Jawbone Customer Support. I'm glad to hear that everything has gone smoothly for you. Just because you are taken care of doesn't mean we do not want to hear from you though! Feel free to write in with any and all feedback or suggestions, positive and negative. We definitely are a company driven by our customers, so your input is taken very seriously.
Don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.
Please have a great day Ruffus!
Sincerely,
Shay
The Jawbone Support Team

Ok.
Only thing that I would really like to see (and I’m sure it’s been mentioned thousands of times) is a wireless sync.

Hi there, Ruffus!
Thanks very much for writing in with this suggestion. It sounds like an interesting idea, and I've passed it along to our product development team for review and consideration.
Please continue to share feedback and suggestions with us in the future. You can simply reply here, or give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE. We're always eager to know what customers want and need in our products.
Thanks again, Ruffus! Please take care, and enjoy your UP band.
Sincerely,
Tristian
Jawbone Support Team

Also, it’d be cool if you could attach a place to hook up a television to it so it would be like a wireless receiver. So essentially, you could duplicate the Slingbox idea. You just would have to carry along your home TV set and they sync the Jawbone Up to it and then be able to watch all of the channels or your DVR recordings.

Good Afternoon, Ruffus!
Thanks for sending us this awesome suggestion. I'll be sure to forward this suggestion onto our development department.
If you have any more suggestions, we'd love to hear them.
Have a great day, Ruffus.
Sincerely,
Amanda
The Jawbone Support Team

Hi Amanda, thanks for sending my suggestion up the chain. I’ve been thinking about other applications and was wondering about the viability in combining the Jawbone UP bracelet along with a home security system.
With an integrated microphone and relay system where you could arm and disarm your home security system by speaking in to the bracelet. Also, add a speaker that was tied in to the same relay point so if there was a security breach, an alarm would sound from your bracelet. No matter where you were in the world, you would be notified almost instantly that there was a security situation that needed to be addressed. In fact, once the alarm sounded, you could make it so that you could notify the local law enforcement from your bracelet and speak to the authorities through the integrated microphone.

Hi there, Ruffus!
Thanks very much for writing in with this suggestion. It sounds like an interesting idea, and I've passed it along to our product development team for review and consideration.
Please continue to share feedback and suggestions with us in the future. You can simply reply here, or give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE. We're always eager to know what customers want and need in our products.
Thanks again, Ruffus! Please take care, and enjoy your UP band.
Sincerely,
Shay

Oh…hi Shay. I thought you had passed me on to Amanda. Please review my idea about the home security application.
But while I’ve got you I wanted to mention another idea I had for the bracelet.

MP3 MUSIC PLAYER!

Except that instead of having to store all of the music on the Jawbone Up, it would instead be stored in the “clouds”. You would be able to activate the player by speaking into the bracelet which would think link to the Clouds and access your music library.
Or a friend’s if they had you on Clouds Share. Seems like a natural progression once you begin to link the UP to a relay point. But think of the ease of being able to “carry” your music with you on a bracelet and not having to tote around a jambox or stereo.

Hello Ruffus,
Chuck here with Jawbone Support -- Thanks for emailing in with all of these great suggestions!
In the event that you do ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reply here or give us a call and reference ticket xxxxx
We are always happy to help out!
Sincerely,
Chuck
The Jawbone Support Team

SnakeBoy
08-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Trolling minimum wage workers isn't cool.

cantthinkofanything
08-30-2014, 12:00 PM
What you don't see are the 7 or 8 emails asking me if my issue had been solved after I had told them twice. And then a few emails asking me to fill out a form on how their customer service was. I figure for every minute of my time they waste, I'm entitled to use up 20 of theirs. They got off easy. Plus they have some great new ideas. And what fucking else did they have to do anyway? (Insert emoji of Michael Jordan making the "nigga please" face),

Go fuck yourself. Lmao.