PDA

View Full Version : fat girls and sushi...WTF?

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2014, 05:50 PM
Shut work down a little early and had a sushi craving so I hit Goros at 5:00...what the hell? it was like a triple plus size fashion show with all the fat girls pouring in for happy hour...I mean...come on...they didn't get to be 150 pounds overweight eating seaweed salad with chop sticks...whats up with that?

Franklin
08-29-2014, 06:58 PM
sushi ain't the only food they eat, imho.

johnsmith
08-29-2014, 07:01 PM
Shut work down a little early and had a sushi craving so I hit Goros at 5:00...what the hell? it was like a triple plus size fashion show with all the fat girls pouring in for happy hour...I mean...come on...they didn't get to be 150 pounds overweight eating seaweed salad with chop sticks...whats up with that?

I used to live Goro's when I lived in SA...then I was down there a couple weeks ago and was really disappointed...I heard Goro isn't even the chef anymore either.

DarrinS
08-29-2014, 07:04 PM

Was it an all you can eat special?

johnsmith
08-29-2014, 07:09 PM
I meant that I used to love Goro's.

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2014, 07:10 PM
I used to live Goro's when I lived in SA...then I was down there a couple weeks ago and was really disappointed...I heard Goro isn't even the chef anymore either.

They had a down time in 2012 when Goro opened Godai and moved there. The first chef wasn't all that. They got rid of him and the new guy is pretty good. You may have hit a bad night when he was off. As you know the decor is like a freaking time warp from the 60's, The service is spotty (Japanese Americans from top to bottom) but the sushi is typically excellent. They have some specialty stuff that is the best in SA...

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2014, 07:13 PM
Was it an all you can eat special?

no... they have specials but it's not all you can eat. Their rolls are huge but priced right. Saw one of those chunky heifers with THREE rolls in front of her...(about $30 at happy hour)...I can barely eat one with a couple of appetizers and I am a big 6'5" guy...

DarrinS
08-29-2014, 07:19 PM
no... they have specials but it's not all you can eat. Their rolls are huge but priced right. Saw one of those chunky heifers with THREE rolls in front of her...(about $30 at happy hour)...I can barely eat one with a couple of appetizers and I am a big 6'5" guy...

She probably just big-boned.

bus driver
08-29-2014, 07:34 PM
good to know, goros has fat girls there.

johnsmith
08-29-2014, 08:14 PM
They had a down time in 2012 when Goro opened Godai and moved there. The first chef wasn't all that. They got rid of him and the new guy is pretty good. You may have hit a bad night when he was off. As you know the decor is like a freaking time warp from the 60's, The service is spotty (Japanese Americans from top to bottom) but the sushi is typically excellent. They have some specialty stuff that is the best in SA...

Back in the day, I thought it was easily the best in SA...there's a place back behind the quarry near five guys that I went too a few weeks ago that was pretty damn good.

I'm in Austin now though and I have to say, the food up here is so substantially better then what SA has to offer (not counting Mexican food)...this includes the sushi, there are so many really good sushi places that you're an idiot if you pick a bad one. One of my favorites is Beluga in Round Rock. They have 2 for 1 at lunch. If you ever go there, get an Ahi Tower, great appetizer that's done better there than most places.

silverblk mystix
08-29-2014, 08:17 PM
Back in the day, I thought it was easily the best in SA...there's a place back behind the quarry near five guys that I went too a few weeks ago that was pretty damn good.

I'm in Austin now though and I have to say, the food up here is so substantially better then what SA has to offer (not counting Mexican food)...this includes the sushi, there are so many really good sushi places that you're an idiot if you pick a bad one. One of my favorites is Beluga in Round Rock. They have 2 for 1 at lunch. If you ever go there, get an Ahi Tower, great appetizer that's done better there than most places.

We probably ate at the next table to each other - at least once or twice =
(Beluga)

:lmao:lmao

johnsmith
08-29-2014, 08:18 PM
We probably ate at the next table to each other - at least once or twice =
(Beluga)

:lmao:lmao

Yeah, that place is so fucking good.

Have you tried Deckhand in Round Rock?

silverblk mystix
08-29-2014, 08:23 PM
Yeah, that place is so fucking good.

Have you tried Deckhand in Round Rock?

Not yet.

Is it sushi also?

My desert island food is sushi.

johnsmith
08-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Not yet.

Is it sushi also?

My desert island food is sushi.

I'm the same way with sushi, however pho or a really good steak could give it a run for it's money....

Deckhand is just on the other side of 35 from Beluga right behind the Chucky Cheese...it's a big obnoxious orange building. It's become one of my favorites and is a "go to" for taking clients now. It's not sushi but it's seafood...the owner is an Asian guy and it's sort of a cross between Japanese, Thai, and Vietnamese. If you go, order the La Frontera oysters and the Tokyo Showdown mussels and oysters. Make sure you ask for the deckhand sauce for the la frontera oysters. That shit is incredible. Most people like the Frontera better, especially with the sauce on them, but the Tokyo ones use that spicy mayo they use on sushi so I think they're just as good.

As for entrees, I always order the calamari salad, which isn't for everyone, but it's a very unique "Thai" flavor. The stuffed catfish and flounder are excellent too.

It's a pretty relaxed place though...definitely not formal.

johnsmith
08-29-2014, 08:29 PM
They have a pretty good menu...Google it...if you like seafood, I guarantee you will check it out after reading the menu

silverblk mystix
08-29-2014, 08:40 PM
They have a pretty good menu...Google it...if you like seafood, I guarantee you will check it out after reading the menu

I'm on it - thx!

johnsmith
08-29-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm on it - thx!

The calamari salad is easily my favorite entree on the lunch menu. It's noodles, lettuce, peppers, and calamari (not breaded)...really a unique tasting dish. Like I said though, not for everyone...a buddy of mine tried it and took two bites and hated it.

silverblk mystix
08-29-2014, 08:50 PM
The calamari salad is easily my favorite entree on the lunch menu. It's noodles, lettuce, peppers, and calamari (not breaded)...really a unique tasting dish. Like I said though, not for everyone...a buddy of mine tried it and took two bites and hated it.

Love calamari -

makes me miss L.A. when I would go to Thai town and order the TOM-YUM-GOONG -

spicy seafood soup...

CosmicCowboy
08-29-2014, 08:51 PM

I'd be all over that. Unfortunately never get up to you guys neighborhood.

leemajors
08-29-2014, 10:54 PM

Happy hour at Uchiko is where it's at tbh.

InRareForm
08-29-2014, 11:09 PM
that's just the appetizer, they are probably going to cold stone and in n out later that night

Wild Cobra
08-30-2014, 12:07 AM
Expensive check to eat sushi like a cow...

unforeseen
08-30-2014, 01:08 AM
I thought there were fat girls everywhere in San Antonio.

Twisted_Dawg
08-30-2014, 07:00 AM

Go to the nearest Whataburger or Wendys at lunch and you'll find those same girls ordering Combo#3 and super sizing it.

cantthinkofanything
08-30-2014, 08:58 AM

So you're bitching that there are fat people eating healthy? WTF.

mrsmaalox
08-30-2014, 12:08 PM
Thank goodness fat men don't ever eat sushi! I'd be outraged I tell you---OUTRAGED!!!!!! :madrun

Spurs9
08-30-2014, 01:06 PM
They won't be there for long sons. It takes alot of money with sushi to have those whales feel full. They probably dropped $100 to feel like they would dropping $7 on some burger at whataburger

pubic hair
08-30-2014, 11:21 PM
Sometimes I stash sushi in my sushi and take it home when it's all you can eat. You like my sushi?

DJR210
08-31-2014, 12:25 AM
:lmao OP talking like his dorky redneck ass is God's gift to women.

Drachen
08-31-2014, 11:33 AM
good to know, goros has fat girls there.

They rename it Gordos at happy hour.