PDA

View Full Version : Your team's notable cuts

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 03:15 PM
We cut Greg Little, and that's usually a solid sign that your career as a WR is over.

Carolina should sign him as a #2 receiver though

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-30-2014, 03:18 PM
NO cut Champ Bailey

Clipper Nation
08-30-2014, 03:21 PM
Vincent "Huge Disappointment" Brown finally got cut.... he'd get a lot of targets on Carolina though :lol

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 03:22 PM
Vincent "Huge Disappointment" Brown finally got cut.... he'd get a lot of targets on Carolina though :lol
i remember Brown had his semi-breakout game against Oakland on a thursday night. was at that game, probably Palmer's best game as a raider

Chinook
08-30-2014, 03:26 PM
John Simon's about as big as it gets for Baltimore. Cody would have been one, but he had the good sense to be hurt. Derek Cox was cut, but supposedly, the team intends to re-sign him.

Blizzardwizard
08-30-2014, 03:27 PM
Vincent Brown, waived-injured though.

Blizzardwizard
08-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Ch:lolrgers cut Cordarro Law on an already thin D but kept but Marion Grice and Brandon Oliver in an already unnecessarily crowded RB group.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
08-30-2014, 03:29 PM
Michael Sam cut :lol

We injury-released Robin Lester

DPG21920
08-30-2014, 03:39 PM
Ch:lolrgers cut Cordarro Law on an already thin D but kept but Marion Grice and Brandon Oliver in an already unnecessarily crowded RB group.

Doesn't seem to bode well for their hopes for Ryan Matthews? Signed Donald Brown, have Woodhead and kept those two.

Blizzardwizard
08-30-2014, 04:02 PM
Doesn't seem to bode well for their hopes for Ryan Matthews? Signed Donald Brown, have Woodhead and kept those two.

Mathews is the number 1 RB on the team, as stated by the GM. I think it's more that Mathew's injury history means it's probably a good idea having very capable back-ups.

Kyle Orton
08-30-2014, 04:13 PM
Lache seastrunk

rookie from Baylor that led the nation in rushing last year until his injury. Fast as fuck. He is the dude that ran a 76 yard TD on one leg after he pulled his hamstring at the beginning of the play and still outruns everyone

he also busted an 80 yard TD in our fourth preseason game and still got cut

mojorizen7
08-30-2014, 04:23 PM
Ch:lolrgers cut Cordarro Law on an already thin D but kept but Marion Grice and Brandon Oliver in an already unnecessarily crowded RB group. Yeah so doesn't that put you guys at like 5 RB's?
I was hoping he'd get cut because we need a 3rd down-type back and i like Grice to develop in that role. We have a bunch of young, quality backs who can produce...but none of them than pass protect, catch or run a route.

Do you think one of Grice/Oliver makes it to the practice squad or does S.D. intend to keep 5 RB's?

manufan10
08-30-2014, 04:24 PM
I thought Ryan Williams showed a lot more at RB than Joseph Randle, so his release was a bit surprising.

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 04:25 PM
cant trust ryan mathews in fantasy with that backfield at ALL. donald brown/woodhead alone are deterrents by themselves, and they kept 2 more

Blizzardwizard
08-30-2014, 04:42 PM
Yeah so doesn't that put you guys at like 5 RB's?
I was hoping he'd get cut because we need a 3rd down-type back and i like Grice to develop in that role. We have a bunch of young, quality backs who can produce...but none of them than pass protect, catch or run a route.

Do you think one of Grice/Oliver makes it to the practice squad or does S.D. intend to keep 5 RB's?

I think it may be that the Chargers FO know that neither of them will clear waivers so they're keeping them both for now. I'm sure one of them will be cut though, I think we're just waiting for some talented DL to become available.

DD
08-30-2014, 04:47 PM
No more Tuel Time:cry

Silver&Black
08-30-2014, 05:18 PM
To all us Buccaneer fans (I know we're a dying breed)....

Cut kicker Conner Barth

Is cutting your kicker notable????

MeloHype
08-30-2014, 05:21 PM
Saints have no kickers

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 05:22 PM

Cut kicker Conner Barth

the last time i actually recollected a kicker getting cut was vanderjagt, or that norwegian kickalicious guy from detroit last year. eagles cut henery, chiefs cut succop

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 05:36 PM
cant trust ryan mathews in fantasy with that backfield at ALL. donald brown/woodhead alone are deterrents by themselves, and they kept 2 more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDwbjHV8jLo

this guy turned this video into a spot with the lions, and he actually didn't miss a kick in the preseason last year, but they stuck with experienced akers

Silver&Black
08-30-2014, 06:09 PM
Saints have no kickers

Bucs have no talent

Clipper Nation
08-30-2014, 06:33 PM
i remember Brown had his semi-breakout game against Oakland on a thursday night. was at that game, probably Palmer's best game as a raider
A lot of Charger fans basically sucked his dick because he went to SDSU, but he always fucking sucked....

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 07:03 PM
A lot of Charger fans basically sucked his dick because he went to SDSU, but he always fucking sucked....
sounds like case keenum syndrome

monosylab1k
08-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Jake Bequette, maybe the most useless player on earth and the worst 3rd round pick in NFL history. Not surprisingly, he went to Arkansas.

Chinook
08-30-2014, 07:19 PM
For Colts fans, the Ravens also cut AQ Shipley. Shipley started more than half the season at LG last year. That's probably why he got cut, as he wasn't terrible in the preseason.

Cut kicker Conner Barth

First off, you should post here more often. We sorely need more Bucs fans here. Tampa is my second team, so it doesn't feel right for me to be the most active Bucs fan here.

As you may know, a lot of fans are concerned about Barth being cut. Murry has looked pretty good in preseason, but he's still an unknown. I think it's a notable cut. As a Ravens fan, I know how big of an impact changing PKs can be. Baltimore let AFCC choker Billy Cundiff go for unknown (to non-UT fans) Justin Tucker. One of the best decisions in a long time.

Aztecfan03
08-30-2014, 11:37 PM
Yeah so doesn't that put you guys at like 5 RB's?

FOr now. And I think one of our TE's might play some fullback type stuff.

spurraider21
08-30-2014, 11:47 PM
i would criticize keeping 5 running backs, but at this stage last year the raiders held 2 punters :lol

Silver&Black
08-31-2014, 11:23 AM
First off, you should post here more often. We sorely need more Bucs fans here. Tampa is my second team, so it doesn't feel right for me to be the most active Bucs fan here.

As you may know, a lot of fans are concerned about Barth being cut. Murry has looked pretty good in preseason, but he's still an unknown. I think it's a notable cut. As a Ravens fan, I know how big of an impact changing PKs can be. Baltimore let AFCC choker Billy Cundiff go for unknown (to non-UT fans) Justin Tucker. One of the best decisions in a long time.

It's hard to be a Bucs fan nowadays. Trust me I freakin know...I go back to the ugly ass Creamsicle days when we were the laughing stock of football. Hell....It's been hard ever since the 2002 Super Bowl victory. You just see bad decision after bad decision. Back then it was letting all your talent go (i.e. Sapp and Lynch) and ever since it's been the owner not spending money and he owns Manchester United!!!! It's not like he's fuckin broke like me. And when he does it's a 543 Billion dollar contract to Revis for one year!!!! Then you watch the Patriots rape our roster year after year. Talib, Blount, and recently the TE Tim Wright. Belicheat just talks to his GM and says "I know how to get better...call Tampa's GM and we'll rape them some more." It's just tough.........

All that said I still love those bastards......Pewter Power!!!!!

spurraider21
08-31-2014, 02:29 PM
Raiders claimed DE Benson Mayowa off seattle's waivers. He was killing us in the preseason finale

Chinook
08-31-2014, 02:35 PM
Simon and OL Ryan Jensen managed to make it to the practice squad, which means the team hasn't lost any draft picks yet. I actually really like the PS so far. Pretty much every player that seemed remotely promising has found their way on it, save for Derrick Hopkins, who's still unsigned anywhere, I believe.

DD
08-31-2014, 03:04 PM
Tuel Time back on the PS

Aztecfan03
09-02-2014, 01:14 AM
Chargers dropped Grice for Ricardo Mathews- A D-lineman cut by Houston and who is a former colt. We have 4 former Colts on our defense now I think (Mathews, Freeny, Conner, Guy)

The Gemini Method
09-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Terrelle Pryor and BJ Daniels were cut as was Brian Walters but Daniels and Walters were later brought back on the practice squad.

spurraider21
09-02-2014, 10:18 AM
Terrelle Pryor and BJ Daniels were cut as was Brian Walters but Daniels and Walters were later brought back on the practice squad.
any intel on Benson Mayowa? you guys cut him and we claimed him

The Gemini Method
09-02-2014, 10:31 AM
any intel on Benson Mayowa? you guys cut him and we claimed him

Has the goods and talent to bolster your DL--its his desire to go 100% all the time that has been missing. He didn't really do much for us this preseason and with the crowded DL headed by Avril and Bennett, he wasn't able to impress. O'Brien Schofield did and that's why he made the squad and not Mayowa.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-02-2014, 10:33 AM
:lol @ Seattle cutting Pryor over Jackson

The Gemini Method
09-02-2014, 10:35 AM
:lol @ Seattle cutting Pryor over Jackson

:lol Cam Newton and the Panthers losing the NFC South back to the Saints.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-02-2014, 10:36 AM
:lol Cam Newton and the Panthers losing the NFC South back to the Saints.

:lol keeping an old, mediocre QB over a young QB that once had the chance to win the Heisman

The Gemini Method
09-02-2014, 10:44 AM
:lol keeping an old, mediocre QB over a young QB that once had the chance to win the Heisman

Yeah, because everyone knows almost winning/winning the Heisman translates to success on the next level. The dude was erratic and not worth the 3rd string spot.

Pelicans78
09-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Jackson's a much better QB overall and can especially run the offense much better than Pryor in case something happened to RW. No brainer.

spurraider21
09-02-2014, 11:37 AM
pryor cannot be a consistent NFL quarterback. at least tjack has a few seasons of starting experience

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Jackson's a much better QB overall and can especially run the offense much better than Pryor in case something happened to RW. No brainer.

:lol what?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-02-2014, 11:45 AM
pryor cannot be a consistent NFL quarterback. at least tjack has a few seasons of starting experience

like what?

spurraider21
09-02-2014, 11:47 AM
like what?
i dont get the question

benefactor
09-02-2014, 11:53 AM
Jake Bequette, maybe the most useless player on earth and the worst 3rd round pick in NFL history. Not surprisingly, he went to Arkansas.
Could have been worse...you could have backed up 30 picks and took Brandon Harris like Houston did. He's finally gone as of this year. The only solace is that the Titans picked him up. Should be fun watching him make Fitzpatrick look like Aaron Rodgers when the Texans play them this year.

DD
09-02-2014, 12:01 PM
like what?

Started with the Vikings and went to the playoffs the year before Favre showed up. That alone trumps anything TP's ever done.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-02-2014, 12:22 PM
Started with the Vikings and went to the playoffs the year before Favre showed up. That alone trumps anything TP's ever done.

Yea, but he's old as dirt now and Pryor has a way bigger upside. Not to mention he's the better athlete, which is pretty much the only thing Jackson excels at.

spurraider21
09-02-2014, 12:30 PM
Yea, but he's old as dirt now and Pryor has a way bigger upside. Not to mention he's the better athlete, which is pretty much the only thing Jackson excels at.
upside isn't what seattle is looking for. they aren't looking for Wilson's heir :lol... they need a guy who can come in and be solid for a game or two if needed. TJack is way more likely to do that that Pryor

Chinook
09-02-2014, 01:12 PM
i dont get the question

That's what you say when you still don't believe something but already said, "Say what?"

spurraider21
09-02-2014, 01:27 PM
That's what you say when you still don't believe something but already said, "Say what?"
gotcha. i guess i was thrown off when he didn't already say "say what?" :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-02-2014, 10:21 PM
Panthers signed former Jets receiver Stephen Hill

spurraider21
09-02-2014, 10:34 PM
:lol scraps from one of the worst receiving cores in the NFL.

but i think he's just on practice squad, not the 53 man. he's a height/speed guy (6'4 with a sub 4.4) but hasn't really been able to produce. also has a case of the dropsies from what i've heard