PDA

View Full Version : BYU vs Texas

Avante
08-31-2014, 11:57 AM
As we know the Cougars beat up Texas last season 40-21 at home. And they are returning 15 starters as is Texas.

Taysom Hill is one of the top dual threat QB's in the nation, David Ash is not.

BYU can run the ball, were ranked 10th in the nation last season, averaged 494 yards a game in 2013. Texas giving up 407. And were ranked 83rd vs the rush.

So what are we looking at here?

Pelicans78
08-31-2014, 11:58 AM
Texas has a legit defensive coach now. I think they'll be fine.

Avante
08-31-2014, 12:09 PM
Texas has a legit defensive coach now. I think they'll be fine.

Bedford did great things at Louisville but does he have the athletes to make it work? Texas was terrible.

Pelicans78
08-31-2014, 12:10 PM
Bedford did great things at Louisville but does he have the athletes to make it work? Texas was terrible.

Texas always recruits well. They have more athletes than BYU. Their coaching was bad.

Avante
08-31-2014, 12:15 PM
Texas always recruits well. They have more athletes than BYU. Their coaching was bad.

Never bought into...more athletes. It's more about(if at the same level) the better scheme and controlled intensity. FSU had more athletes that Oklahoma State.

So Texas wins by....?

Pelicans78
08-31-2014, 12:20 PM
Never bought into...more athletes. It's more about(if at the same level) the better scheme and controlled intensity. FSU had more athletes that Oklahoma State.

So Texas wins by....?

OSU has athletes as well and FSU lost a lost of guys in the draft. Don't forget, OSU wins 10 games every year so they're a legit top 10 program yearly.

i think Texas wins by 10.

Avante
08-31-2014, 12:25 PM
OSU has athletes as well and FSU lost a lost of guys in the draft. Don't forget, OSU wins 10 games every year so they're a legit top 10 program yearly.

i think Texas wins by 10.

OSU had only 8 starters returning compared to 14 for FSU. And in 2012 the Cowboys went 8-5.

Curious to see what the line will be.

BYU has played Texas tough, losing in 2011 17-16 at Texas.

Avante
09-01-2014, 12:02 PM
There are only a few good games next week, this is one that intriques me.

Taysom Hill is special and that Longhorn D did suck just a year ago. Forget NT they had nothing like this Hill kid.

But it also works the other way, BYU a middle of the pack D.

I remember a time when BYU only had two black players (as far as starters goes) they were cornerbacks.....haha!!! It was obviously....we gotta have some speed here, gotta!

leemajors
09-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Ash is out so this will be even uglier on O.

Avante
09-01-2014, 12:12 PM

No faith at all in his replacement?

Blake
09-01-2014, 01:29 PM
So what are we looking at here?

A fat ol fuck

Blake
09-01-2014, 01:30 PM

Run the ball 35 times, they'll be ok

Avante
09-01-2014, 01:34 PM
A fat ol fuck

translation

My Red Raiders could barely get by lowly Central Arkansas, wimperwahwahboohoobohoo. Now I'm even afraid of UTEP. While Avante goes 43-1 in his picks. Not happy.

Kermit
09-01-2014, 01:37 PM
What picks?

Avante
09-01-2014, 01:43 PM
What picks?

They are over in the Texas A&M thread.

Florida didn't play.
Forget Kansas they open next week.
I have Miami tonight

All the rest...winners.

Only making a big deal out of it because everyone else does.

Kermit
09-01-2014, 02:00 PM
They are over in the Texas A&M thread.

Florida didn't play.
Forget Kansas they open next week.
I have Miami tonight

All the rest...winners.

Only making a big deal out of it because everyone else does.

It looks like you just picked all the favorites.

Avante
09-01-2014, 02:45 PM

All that matters is did I win, yep....43-1 with Miami tonight.

A lot were taking Utah State.....why?

Can you make a case for any of those underdogs to pull the upset? Miami is a dog tonight.

Only bringing this up because I lost with South Carolina and had threads made over it. Trust me there will no threads about 44-1....hahaha!!!!!!!!!

Kermit
09-01-2014, 02:59 PM
All that matters is did I win, yep....43-1 with Miami tonight.

A lot were taking Utah State.....why?

Can you make a case for any of those underdogs to pull the upset?

Only bringing this up because I lost with South Carolina and had threads made over it. Trust me there will no threads about 44-1....hahaha!!!!!!!!!

It would be more impressive if you bet the spread.

Avante
09-01-2014, 03:01 PM
It would be more impressive if you bet the spread.

Nobody else did?

Blake
09-01-2014, 03:38 PM

Yeah he really went out on det limb

Blake
09-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Nobody else did?

You're the self proclaimed betting expert that's dun gonna teach this here board how it's dun

Avante
09-01-2014, 03:40 PM
Yeah he really went out on det limb

I;m not looking to go out on a limb amigo, I'm looking to win.

Beat your ass. Wisconsin...hahaha!!!!!!!!

A Big10 team on the road vs an SEC powerhouse. Dude????

pgardn
09-01-2014, 03:41 PM
When it gets closer to the game actually taking place, I will start a different BYU v. UT thread if someone else does not.
This avante crew v. others just gets tiresome.

One can find this same crap elsewhere.

I would rather discuss how our poor freshman center will fare against a BYU D that apparently plays just a few real downlinemen. Apparently they have a bunch of LB/DL tweeners. But they will be ~5 years older than our center.

Kermit
09-01-2014, 03:44 PM
When it gets closer to the game actually taking place, I will start a different BYU v. UT thread if someone else does not.

I would rather discuss how our poor freshman center will fare against a BYU D that apparently plays just a few real downlinemen. Apparently they have a bunch of LB/DL tweeters. But they will be ~5 years older than our center.

And they wear magic underpants.

Doomed.

Avante
09-01-2014, 03:46 PM

I would rather discuss how our poor freshman center will fare against a BYU D that apparently plays just a few real downlinemen. Apparently they have a bunch of LB/DL tweeters. But they will be ~5 years older than our center.

I'd just as soon a know nothing like you stay out of my threads, ok? You're boring.

Avante
09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
You're the self proclaimed betting expert that's dun gonna teach this here board how it's dun

Wisconsin...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pgardn
09-01-2014, 04:38 PM
And they wear magic underpants.

Doomed.

Or we wear lead ones.

Its a bit hard to forget last years, men against boyz, beat down.

ChumpDumper
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Nobody else did?No one else claims to be an expert.

Bet the spread next time, pussy.

Blake
09-01-2014, 08:22 PM
I;m not looking to go out on a limb amigo, I'm looking to win.

You won.......0...... picking favorites. Anyone can do that.

Blake
09-01-2014, 08:26 PM
Wisconsin...hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!

explain why you're laughing.

Saturday Locks

Austin Peay + 32 vs Memphis
Washington -17 vs Hawaii
Louisiana State -5 vs Wisconsin
Mississippi State -29 vs Southern Mississippi

I wouldn't touch the LSU/Wisconsin game, but if I did, if take the +5 and the badgers

Avante
09-01-2014, 08:43 PM
explain why you're laughing.

not safe for work http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=3460&dateline=1232209098 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3460)My TeamTexas Tech Red RaidersPost Count32,796

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/collegeicons/Texas%20Tech%20Red%20Raiders.gif

Thursday
Texas A&M at South Carolina
Boise State vs Ole Miss

Friday
UTSA at Houston

Saturday
Penn State vs UCF
Ohio State at Navy
West Virginia vs Alabama
Arkansas at Auburn
Clemson at Georgia
North Texas at Texas
Central Arkansas at Texas Tech
Florida State vs Oklahoma State
Wisconsin vs LSU

Sunday
Utah State at Tennessee
SMU at Baylor

Monday
Miami at Louisville

Dude, you worry way too much about me.....why?

I lost the South Carolina game and nobody cared if it was by the spread/favorites, then I knock out 43 wins in a row and now, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not concentrate on the sport instead of....me...ok? I own ya little guy and it's real obvious.

The Reckoning
09-01-2014, 08:50 PM
UT has a quarterback starting who can...zooooooooooooooooooom!!!11

Avante
09-01-2014, 08:56 PM
UT has a quarterback starting who can...zooooooooooooooooooom!!!11

Zoooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....isn't the same at the QB position.

The Reckoning
09-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Zoooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....isn't the same at the QB position.

swoopes: 6'5 229 4.77

vince young: 6'5 230 4.60

zooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm

pgardn
09-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Once he gets rolling, Swoopes is fast.

Shifty, he is not.

DMX7
09-01-2014, 10:07 PM

Swoopes seems more built than Young. Maybe it's just because he is slower though, haha.

Avante
09-01-2014, 10:15 PM

Nope!!!

The Reckoning
09-01-2014, 10:33 PM
ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!111!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Blake
09-02-2014, 12:21 AM
not safe for work http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/image.php?u=3460&dateline=1232209098 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3460)My TeamTexas Tech Red RaidersPost Count32,796

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/collegeicons/Texas%20Tech%20Red%20Raiders.gif

Thursday
Texas A&M at South Carolina
Boise State vs Ole Miss

Friday
UTSA at Houston

Saturday
Penn State vs UCF
Ohio State at Navy
West Virginia vs Alabama
Arkansas at Auburn
Clemson at Georgia
North Texas at Texas
Central Arkansas at Texas Tech
Florida State vs Oklahoma State
Wisconsin vs LSU

Sunday
Utah State at Tennessee
SMU at Baylor

Monday
Miami at Louisville

Dude, you worry way too much about me.....why?

I lost the South Carolina game and nobody cared if it was by the spread/favorites, then I knock out 43 wins in a row and now, hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not concentrate on the sport instead of....me...ok? I own ya little guy and it's real obvious.

you said you're looking to win. I still would have won money taking Wisconsin +5.

Do you not understand how gambling works?

How much money did you win by picking favorites?

Avante
09-02-2014, 12:33 AM
you said you're looking to win. I still would have won money taking Wisconsin +5.

Do you not understand how gambling works?

How much money did you win by picking favorites?

Dude, nobody was talking about the betting line so why act stupid? Those were straight up picks just like I made. So why the bullshit?

You lost three games out of fifteen, I lost two games out of 45....hahaha!!!!!!!!

Nobody cares about Wisconsin minus anything, this wasn't about that at all.

I lost ..one game...and it was.."you this and that"...I win 43 and...crickets, hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

Blake
09-02-2014, 12:40 AM
I never said I was a "big fish in a small pond". That was you, whale.

Avante
09-02-2014, 12:48 AM
I never said I was a "big fish in a small pond". That was you, whale.

Little man. it's going to be a long football season, how about crawling off my nut sack and talk football instead of me...ok? It's pretty obvious (or should be) I know the game so why this constant "need!!" to hassle me..????

Will you ever figure out, long long time fan here, sort of a stat freak? Let me guess......nope!

Go bug those more on your level, ok? Hell shorty I could Mel Anthony and "Squirmin' " Sherman Lewis and you'd be.."who"...that's where you and me are at, ok?

Blake
09-02-2014, 01:00 AM
Lol big fish.

Let's bet here.

Pick 5 games against the spread a week for the rest of the regular college football season and I'll do the same.

If I have a better record than you, you stop posting in this forum.

If you have a better record than me, I stay out of every thread you start. Forever.

What you say?

Avante
09-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Lol big fish.

Let's bet here.

Pick 5 games against the spread a week for the rest of the regular college football season and I'll do the same.

If you have a better record than me, I stay out of every thread you start. Forever.

What you say?

Do you pay any attention at all? If you didn't follow me around I'd never talk to your dumb ass. Do you really think I want to spend a football season with you in it...whoa~~~ Dude, all I want is for you to leave me alone, you're dumb and get in the way...ok? You add nothing little guy, you're a pest.

I don't start playing $$$$ vs the spread in the college game until after week 4, like we saw with A&M, we just don't know.....yet!

When I do play you won't be involved, I don't like you asshole ...ok?

If you hadn;'t of..."Avante has me on ignore wahwahwah"...I'd go back to that, but all that seems to accomplish is you follow me around even more.

Blake
09-02-2014, 01:49 AM
That's what I thought.

Lol big fish

Avante
09-02-2014, 01:53 AM
That's what I thought.

Lol big fish

Dude, I lost......one.....game and you came all over yourself. I win 43 and it's...anyone could have....

Who wants to deal with a freak like that week in and week out?

It is sooooooooooooooooooooo damn important to you to do all you can to belittle me, to the point of being weird/strange. Why do you care so damn much? Dude....do something else...ok?

Kermit
09-02-2014, 05:23 AM
Lol big fish.

Let's bet here.

What you say?

That sounds reasonable. I'm sure any sane, half-intelligent person would take you up on that.

benefactor
09-02-2014, 06:14 AM
It's a waste of time to go head to head with Avante in a bet and expect him to keep his word. He is a known welcher and liar.

Vito Corleone
09-02-2014, 07:42 AM
Does Spurstalk have an ignore feature?

benefactor
09-02-2014, 08:50 AM
Does Spurstalk have an ignore feature?
Control Panel>My Settings>My Account>Edit Ignore List

Avante
09-07-2014, 02:29 AM
Is this the worst Texas team we've seen? Did they goof hiring Strong?