PDA

View Full Version : FIBA: Argentina vs Philippines

Duncanoypi
09-01-2014, 11:09 AM
our boys are ready to shock the world!!!

RIP Luis Scola! got posterized by Gabe Norwood!

100%duncan
09-01-2014, 11:39 AM
:lol

jyra
09-01-2014, 11:51 AM
Really entertaining to see the Philippines just jack up all these threes and hitting them.

FireMicoHalili
09-01-2014, 11:54 AM
tbf they're dealing with ARG w/o Delfino and Ginobili. And Scola isn't really a force to reckon with. I'd be shattered if PH lost to a team led by Walter Herrmann, who's apparently still playing basketball.

barakz21
09-01-2014, 11:58 AM
Who do you guys prefer, Douthit or Blatche? I'd go Douthit in a heartbeat tbh. Gilas runs a system, kinda like the spurs. Douthit plays within the system, plays smart on d and doesn't force shots. I will admit though, Blatche is more versatile offensively, but the guy's a knucklehead. Oh, and they showed pregame that he's got a very low fg %, 16-42 attempts..... In 2 games.

100%duncan
09-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Who do you guys prefer, Douthit or Blatche? I'd go Douthit in a heartbeat tbh. Gilas runs a system, kinda like the spurs. Douthit plays within the system, plays smart on d and doesn't force shots. I will admit though, Blatche is more versatile offensively, but the guy's a knucklehead. Oh, and they showed pregame that he's got a very low fg %, 16-42 attempts..... In 2 games.

:lol :lol

ElNono
09-01-2014, 12:17 PM
Only caught the 4th quarter, but that was a good game by the Philippines despite the loss... :tu

FireMicoHalili
09-01-2014, 12:37 PM
tangina sayang

diego
09-01-2014, 02:19 PM
maybe one more injury for argentina / one more american you can nationalize and you'll beat us. :toast

DAF86
09-01-2014, 02:38 PM
maybe one more injury for argentina / one more american you can nationalize and you'll beat us. :toast

Why the uncalled for bitchness, tbh?

barakz21
09-01-2014, 03:32 PM
:lol :lol

What? I was just asking tbh, wasn't trying to be funny or anything.

milkyway21
09-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Philippines losses again( I expected that), but didn't embarrass themselves against Argentina (Olympic Gold medalist)
The x-factor of Manu is what makes Argentina an elite team.

milkyway21
09-01-2014, 03:56 PM

:tu

G-Dawgg
09-01-2014, 04:48 PM
The Flip team sucks. Too many baklas on that team.. They need some muscle in the interior.

diego
09-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Why the uncalled for bitchness, tbh?

if you are ok with some scrub filipino team fans talking shit about future HOFers like Scola and Hermann, thats you, but if they want to disrespect us then I'll serve them a nice helping of shit when they lose.

DAF86
09-01-2014, 05:06 PM
if you are ok with some scrub filipino team fans talking shit about future HOFers like Scola and Hermann, thats you, but if they want to disrespect us then I'll serve them a nice helping of shit when they lose.

Dude, you take everything too seriously. :lol

barakz21
09-01-2014, 06:13 PM

Well.. They weren't exactly "disrespecting" Scola and Hermann tbh. Scola got posterized, that's about it, coulda happened to anybody. And Hermann? I'm kinda surprised he's still playing, I thought he was already around mid 30s the last time he was in the NBA (I checked he's still just 35, but yeah). It may not be a big deal for you, since ARG is basically a basketball superpower, 3rd ranked in the world, but it is a big deal to the Filipinos to be able to hang with said superpower, considering gilas is ranked 34th.

diego
09-01-2014, 06:40 PM
i should have directed my post to FireMicoHalili, he's the one that earned my response. I have nothing against the Philippines. If i were filipino and we stayed in the game with argentina Id be happy too. but to say scola isnt a force (3rd highest ppg of the tourney, 6th highest scorer in WC all time) and imply that hermann is some kind of scrub when noone on your team is as good (save perhaps for the random not-filipino-at-all NBA player you nationalized), thats talking shit and FireMicoHalili can eat that shit now.

ElNono
09-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Scrubla thread

peacemaker885
09-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Good game but until the Pinoys can field an all Filipino native squad, I won't be impresses. Basketball has been in the islands for longest time and it just perplexes why the Phillipines hasn't done some sort of grass roots development of talent so that they don't need to naturalize any players. I guess its OK if it was a naturalization of a part Filipino descent player but for a pure non Filipino, I just find it insulting as a Filipino myself.

barakz21
09-01-2014, 07:50 PM
To the ARG posters here, kinda OT.. But what is up with ARG sausages??? I bought some last week and they're kind of weird.. Like one instance they taste real good and another they taste funny. Is there a "proper" way to cook them?

100%duncan
09-01-2014, 08:30 PM

Half was just messing with you and the other half is really laughing in the thought that you compare an old dude who has been declining vs a younger more versatile NBA player in his prime. I've watched Douthit in the last FIBA Asia prior to last year, that was his peak, dude is just not good right now and Blatche is a lot better than him on everything except maybe rebounding.

Uriel
09-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Just watched the highlights. Damn, the Philippines came so close to winning. Really a heartbreaking loss. Having said that, I wonder what the final score would've been had Manu played in the game. :lol

barakz21
09-01-2014, 08:58 PM
Half was just messing with you and the other half is really laughing in the thought that you compare an old dude who has been declining vs a younger more versatile NBA player in his prime. I've watched Douthit in the last FIBA Asia prior to last year, that was his peak, dude is just not good right now and Blatche is a lot better than him on everything except maybe rebounding.

Well, that is a fair point. Yeah, I don't disagree with you on that one though. You could say I prefer to play it safe? Blatche IS the better player between the 2, I just prefer Douthit since he doesn't do knucklehead things on O. But seriously, you didn't have to be a dick about it and could've just answered directly.

100%duncan
09-01-2014, 09:01 PM
Well, that is a fair point. Yeah, I don't disagree with you on that one though. You could say I prefer to play it safe? Blatche IS the better player between the 2, I just prefer Douthit since he doesn't do knucklehead things on O. But seriously, you didn't have to be a dick about it and could've just answered directly.
That's how things are done here brah :lol

Anyways, the Blatche being a knucklehead player angle is overused. Even myself was using this prior to FIBA world and he's proven me wrong. He's actually done good. It's just that Philippines can't really beat anyone right now. You seen that last play coming from a timeout? And the playcall by Chot was an iso Castro three? Very very bad.

Venti Quattro
09-01-2014, 09:05 PM
:lmao Argentina choking like their football team

ElNono
09-01-2014, 09:17 PM
:lmao Argentina choking like their football team

what do you mean? They won the game...

barakz21
09-01-2014, 09:20 PM
That's how things are done here brah :lol

Anyways, the Blatche being a knucklehead player angle is overused. Even myself was using this prior to FIBA world and he's proven me wrong. He's actually done good. It's just that Philippines can't really beat anyone right now. You seen that last play coming from a timeout? And the playcall by Chot was an iso Castro three? Very very bad.

Lol ofc I know that, I've been lurking here since 2009 until 2013 when timvp FINALLY gave me access or something. Anyway, my point was that I was basically asking for other pinoy's takes. You coulda given yours directly instead of being a dick about it. :lol But I'm a good sport, so no harm done. Anyway, let me rephrase that. He wasn't ACTUALLY being a knucklehead, but I thought his shot selection was coulda been better. Not that they weren't makeable, but he just shot too much imo. He actually looked way better in the tuneupa,didn't force anything whatsoever or at least didn't force shots that much. And the endgame.. For some reason, when when Castro tried to put up that shot that became a travel, I remembered the announcers calling him "the best PG" in Asia", then he choked. Regardless, still proud of them, considering they went to to toe against the world's #3 team.

100%duncan
09-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Lol ofc I know that, I've been lurking here since 2009 until 2013 when timvp FINALLY gave me access or something. Anyway, my point was that I was basically asking for other pinoy's takes. You coulda given yours directly instead of being a dick about it. :lol But I'm a good sport, so no harm done. Anyway, let me rephrase that. He wasn't ACTUALLY being a knucklehead, but I thought his shot selection was coulda been better. Not that they weren't makeable, but he just shot too much imo. He actually looked way better in the tuneupa,didn't force anything whatsoever or at least didn't force shots that much. And the endgame.. For some reason, when when Castro tried to put up that shot that became a travel, I remembered the announcers calling him "the best PG" in Asia", then he choked. Regardless, still proud of them, considering they went to to toe against the world's #3 team.

Eh the best pg in Asia wouldn't take a 3 pointer in that situation, or the best pg in Asia would have passed to Chan who was wide open for a corner 3. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the country and what's funny is the best pg in the Philippines isn't even included in the team. Also I think that "#3 team in the world" title is very misleading since they don't have Manu.

outmap
09-01-2014, 09:34 PM
Filipinos lost to Croatia in OT and lost to Argentina by 4, but I'm really really happy about what we've accomplished. Philippines haven't been here for almost 40 years, their average height is 6'3", they don't have a 7-footer and has 3 players standing around 5'8"-5'10" (Alapag, Tenorio, William/Castro). Every experts say we will finish last and be beaten by an average margin of 25pts. yet somehow, playing against teams ranked quite high in FIBA, we were able to go toe to toe with certified NBA and Euroleague players, having games decided on the final possession.

100%duncan
09-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Filipinos lost to Croatia in OT and lost to Argentina by 4, but I'm really really happy about what we've accomplished. Philippines haven't been here for almost 40 years, their average height is 6'3", they don't have a 7-footer and has 3 players standing around 5'8"-5'10" (Alapag, Tenorio, William/Castro). Every experts say we will finish last and be beaten by an average margin of 25pts. yet somehow, playing against teams ranked quite high in FIBA, we were able to go toe to toe with certified NBA and Euroleague players, having games decided on the final possession.

I was very pessimistic of their game and chances coming into this tbh. But it's sad that if they managed to beat Croatia, things would be different now.

milkyway21
09-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Le=diego;7573923]maybe one more injury for argentina / one more american you can nationalize and you'll beat us. :toast[/QUOTE]

Blatche's experience in the NBA helped team Phils. in some ways but let's give credit to the locals, he was out when Phils. made a run and Arg came back when he returned.
The Philippine team losing only an ave of 6 pts / game in the 2014 Worlds deserves more respect than that.

Anyway, if we can't advance (looks like it) :D, I will still be cheering for Argentina no matter what.

Ice009
09-01-2014, 09:41 PM

Pretty good effort if you ask me. With a huge lack of height like what you've just mentioned, I would have thought you'd lose all those games against those teams by 25+.

TE
09-01-2014, 09:56 PM
Phillipinos are a feisty bunch. You need not go far. Go to any park to play pick up. Those people take their basketball seriously. It becomes a P90X workout for them dudes tbh.

FireMicoHalili
09-01-2014, 10:01 PM
i should have directed my post to FireMicoHalili, he's the one that earned my response. I have nothing against the Philippines. If i were filipino and we stayed in the game with argentina Id be happy too. but to say scola isnt a force (3rd highest ppg of the tourney, 6th highest scorer in WC all time) and imply that hermann is some kind of scrub when noone on your team is as good (save perhaps for the random not-filipino-at-all NBA player you nationalized), thats talking shit and FireMicoHalili can eat that shit now.
you're going to focus on statement re: Scola and Herrmann? They are shells of their former selves is what I meant. Scola plays zero to little defense. Herrmann is serviceable, but there's a reason he's out the NBA. I did say, in the interest of fairness, that this would have been different had Ginobili and Delfino played. No amount of excuses can change the final score but I'd be damn proud the #34th ranked team had the #3 team on its heels, with Blatche barely playing the first half. The Philippines isn't even as big as Argentina and we don't have the genetic advantages that people in the Americas have, so I'd consider this a victory. You can chastise teams for naturalizing players but hey, it's totally legal.

barakz21
09-01-2014, 10:16 PM
Eh the best pg in Asia wouldn't take a 3 pointer in that situation, or the best pg in Asia would have passed to Chan who was wide open for a corner 3. I think he's one of the most overrated players in the country and what's funny is the best pg in the Philippines isn't even included in the team. Also I think that "#3 team in the world" title is very misleading since they don't have Manu.

And he doesn't wen okay PG. I think they were basing that on his inclusion in the mythical 5 in the fiba Asia last year. Wait, who do you consider the best pg then??? I haven't watched any PBA games for years now, so I wouldn't be too familiar. Yeah, that was what I thought as well. If ARG had Manu, I don't think there's any way gilas hangs around. I mean, MANU.

100%duncan
09-01-2014, 10:18 PM
And he doesn't wen okay PG. I think they were basing that on his inclusion in the mythical 5 in the fiba Asia last year. Wait, who do you consider the best pg then??? I haven't watched any PBA games for years now, so I wouldn't be too familiar. Yeah, that was what I thought as well. If ARG had Manu, I don't think there's any way gilas hangs around. I mean, MANU.

Barroca is the best pg and might be the best basketball player in our country. Him, Yap and Ping led Sanmig to a currently on-going 4peat not that 4peating in the PBA means anything internationally but Barroca is above any pg that's in the team right now.

barakz21
09-01-2014, 10:20 PM
I think Chot Reyes did a good job with gilas, the system and player selection, but I can't help but wonder what it'd be like if gilas had Pop at the helm.

testies
09-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Why do these guys have spanish surnames?

RD2191
09-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Why do these guys have spanish surnames?
Are you serious? Do you even history bro?

testies
09-01-2014, 11:10 PM
Ssup Robdiaz

I look forward to another season with you bro

RD2191
09-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Ssup Robdiaz

I look forward to another season with you bro
Hopefully it ends with another title. :lol

ezau
09-01-2014, 11:20 PM
Scola is the most dunked on player in Argentina's history, tbh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUdHHZ8sE50

apalisoc_9
09-01-2014, 11:21 PM
It's funny how filipinos feel so proud of these games..:lol

Truth be told, they'd be spanked by 25 in every game if Blatche wasn't naturalized.

I refuse to respect national teams with naturalized players.

ezau
09-01-2014, 11:22 PM

Team Argentina basically Italy and Poland combined.

TE
09-01-2014, 11:33 PM
Dunking on Scola isn't that much of a big deal...he never really could jump to begin with. Nice dunk tho.

testies
09-01-2014, 11:34 PM
Watch Scola score 32 on us in round of 16 and knock us out

I swear he turns into prime Barkley against us

diego
09-01-2014, 11:34 PM
you're going to focus on statement re: Scola and Herrmann? They are shells of their former selves is what I meant. Scola plays zero to little defense. Herrmann is serviceable, but there's a reason he's out the NBA. I did say, in the interest of fairness, that this would have been different had Ginobili and Delfino played. No amount of excuses can change the final score but I'd be damn proud the #34th ranked team had the #3 team on its heels, with Blatche barely playing the first half. The Philippines isn't even as big as Argentina and we don't have the genetic advantages that people in the Americas have, so I'd consider this a victory. You can chastise teams for naturalizing players but hey, it's totally legal.

thats not what you said, in fact you said you'd be shattered by the loss. and nationalizing players that have no connection to the country is lame no matter the country or the sport, they're supposed to be national teams not who can we convince to play for us teams.

But hey, at least we agree that with manu its another story. :toast

diego
09-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Team Argentina basically Italy and Poland combined.

which players were born in italy, poland, or anywhere else outside of argentina?

TE
09-01-2014, 11:39 PM

Truth be told, they'd be spanked by 25 in every game if Blatche wasn't naturalized.

Argentina is a very flawed team. They only have names on their roster. The rest are bonafide scrubs. It wouldn't have been all that surprising had they lost a game where the Philippines played really well.

ezau
09-01-2014, 11:40 PM
which players were born in italy, poland, or anywhere else outside of argentina?

98% of Argentina's population is of European descent. Ginobili, Prigioni doesn't sound Italian to you? :lol Hermann and Wolkowyski don't sound German/Polish? :lol Be thankful that a bunch of Europeans decided to migrate to Argentina, otherwise, you'd be sending hobbit-sized natives to the Olympics:lol

apalisoc_9
09-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Argentina is a very flawed team. They only have names on their roster. The rest are bonafide scrubs. It wouldn't have been all that surprising had they lost a game where the Philippines played really well.

Absolutely, I wasn't trying to make a point on how bad Argentina is...

I just find it funny when Filipinos get all excited about something they will never excel at due to genetics..

I would respect the Filipino a lot more, had they came in the tournament without Blatche..even if they got spunked by 50 points every game..Naturlizing players is pathetic IMO

ezau
09-01-2014, 11:52 PM
Absolutely, I wasn't trying to make a point on how bad Argentina is...

I just find it funny when Filipinos get all excited about something they will never excel at due to genetics..

I would respect the Filipino a lot more, had they came in the tournament without Blatche..even if they got spunked by 50 points every game..Naturlizing players is pathetic IMO

Serge Ibaka is a naturalized Spaniard, so using your logic, Spain is pathetic:lol

milkyway21
09-01-2014, 11:55 PM
98% of Argentina's population is of European descent. Ginobili, Prigioni doesn't sound Italian to you? :lol Hermann and Wolkowyski don't sound German/Polish? :lol Be thankful that a bunch of Europeans decided to migrate to Argentina, otherwise, you'd be sending hobbit-sized natives to the Olympics:lol

I think this is just a matter of a #3 team playing poorly & the #34-ranked team playing to what's expected of them.
That's it.

Duncanoypi
09-02-2014, 12:03 AM
I'm proud of this team no matter what...Alapag is like the filipino Patty Mills. lol!

Who's that Mata from Argentina? dang he's a dead-eye shooter!

ezau
09-02-2014, 12:07 AM

I think this is just a matter of a #3 team playing poorly & the #34-ranked team playing to what's expected of them(learned Castro tops in the effeciency rating).
That's it.

Basketball is a now a global sport, and anybody who thinks otherwise is a complete idiot. Wasn't it just 12 years ago when Argentina shocked the world by beating USA in Indianapolis? It will not be surprising to see more basketball 'winnows' giving elite teams fits because the talent gap isn't as big as it once was.

apalisoc_9
09-02-2014, 12:08 AM
Serge Ibaka is a naturalized Spaniard, so using your logic, Spain is pathetic:lol

Spain is a great team but the act of naturalizing players is pathetic...

Spain, would still be a hard team to beat with or without Ibaka..

I honestly don't understand why countries even do this..It's mind boggling

ezau
09-02-2014, 12:20 AM
Spain is a great team but the act of naturalizing players is pathetic...

Spain, would still be a hard team to beat with or without Ibaka..

I honestly don't understand why countries even do this..It's mind boggling

Hakeem Olajuwon played for the US as a naturalized American even if the US didn't need him to beat opponents.

apalisoc_9
09-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Hakeem Olajuwon played for the US as a naturalized American even if the US didn't need him to beat opponents.

Olajuwon Imo is a little bit different in a sense that he played a few college ball in the US. I don't understand why you keep bringing up players though, I have nothing against these teams..I just think the act of naturlazing players is stupid.

Duncanoypi
09-02-2014, 12:56 AM
^Chip Engeland is naturalized Filipino citizen. but i'm not arguing with you. lol

100%duncan
09-02-2014, 01:08 AM

Slow down son he can't take it.

ezau
09-02-2014, 01:51 AM
Slow down son he can't take it.

:cry but, but naturalizing is so stupid :cry

bulakenyo
09-02-2014, 01:53 AM
Naturalisation is in the FIBA rules. Many years ago, I thought it was kinda cheap to recruit foreigners to your team.

But FIBA allowed it, (2 players allowed, max, IIRC) so if it's allowed, why not use it if it will help you.

Russia has done it. Japan has done it for years also, same with Taiwan now, as well as other countries.

Anyway, I loved the game, even if we lost. I have lost all hope in the national team since our pro "dream team" of the 1990s always kept being humiliated in the asian level tournaments by China and Korea and Japan. Heartbreaking.

I was expecting the national team to lose by at least 12 to 20 points per game this world cup. And to lose by single digits would be enough for me.

but here they are, hanging with the more experienced and more decorated teams, and having legit chances of actually winning. Mindblowing.

Sure, past prime ARG NT, with no Manu, but they have been my favorite team in FIBA since 2002.
I was on a high last night, I couldnt believe what I was seeing.

We actually played better team ball without Blatche in the 1st quarter. I just wish they naturalised a rebounder-shotblocker instead of point center, though.

this doesnt feel like a loss.

Vash StampedE
09-02-2014, 02:32 AM
douthit is injured man

ceperez
09-02-2014, 07:54 AM
^Chip Engeland is naturalized Filipino citizen. but i'm not arguing with you. lol

Ah... finally something Spurs related.

Chip Engeland also played for the Philippine National Team under similar conditions that Blatche is playing for the Philippine NT.

I mean... let's get real here.... Tony Parker wasn't even born in France and doesn't even have French parents.

diego
09-02-2014, 11:41 AM

So they descended from europeans that voluntarily emmigrated to argentina several generations ago. That has fuck all to do with teams that nationalize players that have no connection to the country (werent born there, or in the more extreme case like Blatche never even lived there), but since you've taken stupidity to another level, lets go. What team would the US send if you took away the voluntary immigrants and the DESCENDANTS OF SLAVES who make up 98% of the team? How about if france took out all of their colonials and players born outside of france (diaw- senegalese descent former colony, noah- born in NY, cameroon descent former colony, turiaf born in martinique still a colony, parker born in belgium neither parent is french, etc). Maybe our hobbit sized natives would do just fine against the US with no african americans or europeans, or against a french team with no africans and americans :rolleyes In any case, I'll be thankful for the europeans who chose to come to Argentina for a better life and the contributions they made. I hope you have at least the same amount of gratitude for the slaves / colonies that make the bulk of your (US or france?) team, considering they didnt even decide to be a part of those countries and were treated as second class citizens- a euphemism for shit- for centuries.

Hemotivo
09-02-2014, 03:07 PM
:reading

Hemotivo
09-02-2014, 03:07 PM
We actually played better team ball without Blatche in the 1st quarter.

true

DAF86
09-02-2014, 04:37 PM

You serious?

I guess the US should be thankful that a bunch of Africans decided to migrate to the US, otherwise, you'be sending red skinned casino owners with ponytails to the Olympics. :lol

FireMicoHalili
09-02-2014, 09:09 PM
You serious?

I guess the US should be thankful that a bunch of Africans decided to migrate to the US, otherwise, you'be sending red skinned casino owners with ponytails to the Olympics. :lol
Native Americans? Like Cherokee Parks?

In all seriousness though, the meaning of nationhood is getting broader in scope (or convoluted, whichever way you wanna think of it). To confine them to those born inside the confines of the country is being closed-minded. If that were the case Africa would obviously win FIBA every year.

ezau
09-02-2014, 10:15 PM
You serious?

Are you fucking kidding me? Most of these Africans were enslaved, they didn't volunteer to go here. :lol

ezau
09-02-2014, 10:47 PM
So they descended from europeans that voluntarily emmigrated to argentina several generations ago. That has fuck all to do with teams that nationalize players that have no connection to the country (werent born there, or in the more extreme case like Blatche never even lived there), but since you've taken stupidity to another level, lets go. What team would the US send if you took away the voluntary immigrants and the DESCENDANTS OF SLAVES who make up 98% of the team? How about if france took out all of their colonials and players born outside of france (diaw- senegalese descent former colony, noah- born in NY, cameroon descent former colony, turiaf born in martinique still a colony, parker born in belgium neither parent is french, etc). Maybe our hobbit sized natives would do just fine against the US with no african americans or europeans, or against a french team with no africans and americans :rolleyes In any case, I'll be thankful for the europeans who chose to come to Argentina for a better life and the contributions they made. I hope you have at least the same amount of gratitude for the slaves / colonies that make the bulk of your (US or france?) team, considering they didnt even decide to be a part of those countries and were treated as second class citizens- a euphemism for shit- for centuries.

Oh man, so fucking angry:lol So you just admitted that Argentina, just like the US, depended on these sons of migrants/slaves, so you have no room to talk down on a country that has naturalized just 'one' non-native player for their national team.

testies
09-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Are you fucking kidding me? Most of these Africans were enslaved, they didn't volunteer to go here. :lol

its really retarded to use the "europeans emigrated to argentina" argument though, what the fuck does that have to do with naturalizing players?

testies
09-02-2014, 10:57 PM
:lol asians getting all offended when asked "where are you originally from?"

:lol but now its suddenly OK to pretend you are filipino and not american

FireMicoHalili
09-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Glad you brought that up cause Blatche signed up to play on his own volition. JaVale McGee (wow) originally wanted to suit up and tried to take Blatche with him but the former got injured.

I too am iffy with the naturalization process, but it's a loophole in the rules. Can't blame the Philippines, or any other Asian country for that matter, for having foreign players suit up for them. It's a recognition of sorts of other countries' basketball superiority I suppose.

outmap
09-03-2014, 02:20 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10683688_988113697871948_6956281558415939189_o.png

Look who's number two in player efficiency rating! He's only 24 years old, comparable to Fabricio Oberto (but has the potential to be a better player), currently the reigning MVP in the PBA and he's just a kid (Bigmen are usually late blommer).

FireMicoHalili
09-03-2014, 02:38 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/s720x720/10683688_988113697871948_6956281558415939189_o.png

Look who's number two in player efficiency rating! He's only 24 years old, comparable to Fabricio Oberto (but has the potential to be a better player), currently the reigning MVP in the PBA and he's just a kid (Bigmen are usually late blommer).
Blatche plays heavier minutes at the same position so that's a small sample size and what the heck is a blommer...

EDIT: Here's his stat page for your perusal: http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/June-Mar-FAJARDO

I know we all have to be happy for this country and all but I wish we could tone it down a bit, ARG was ranked #3 but rankings are cumulative, meaning they were based off prior rankings. ARG was without Ginobili and Delfino. We have Andray Blatche too. All this talk of June Mar's PER is just blown up; I'd like to see him play a heavy dose of minutes and see if his PER holds up.

Not sure the Spurs need another Oberto. Or any other team, for that matter.

ezau
09-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Based on what I've seen on clips, Fajardo seems a lot like Gustavo Ayon. He's got good speed for a big guy (6'11, 270 lbs.) and decent hands.

Raven
09-03-2014, 06:58 AM

kyrie irving is australian. Duncan is not american, Kobe is arabian and so on..

DAF86
09-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Oh man, so fucking angry:lol So you just admitted that Argentina, just like the US, depended on these sons of migrants/slaves, so you have no room to talk down on a country that has naturalized just 'one' non-native player for their national team.

There's a difference between a guy that was born/raised on a country and/or has strong ties with said country and a guy that plays for another country's NT just 'cause he wants to play International ball and he can't do it for his own land.

TheGreatYacht
09-03-2014, 03:29 PM
Get this shit off the SPURS forum, talk about this washed up team on the Pistons forum

milkyway21
09-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Based on what I've seen on clips, Fajardo seems a lot like Gustavo Ayon. He's got good speed for a big guy (6'11, 270 lbs.) and decent hands.

He's the reigning MVP of the PBA.

Blatche also had nice stats, some double-doubles but turnover prone.

FireMicoHalili
09-03-2014, 07:54 PM
Get this shit off the SPURS forum, talk about this washed up team on the Pistons forum
eh kung tangina mo?

100%duncan
09-03-2014, 08:27 PM
eh kung tangina mo?
Don't get yourselves being affected into the Town's idiots tbh. You should take note of them. :lol

Duncanoypi
09-03-2014, 09:25 PM
hahaha...relax kabayan.

diego
09-03-2014, 09:56 PM

equating descendants playing for the country they were born and raised in, speak the language of and have friends and family in to a NT recruiting a foreigner who has no connection to the country at all is the stupidest defence of the practice I've ever heard. As if the philippines hasnt had plenty of immigration of its own. As if poland and italy or whatever other country you want to attribute argentina's success to, has accomplished what argentina did despite sharing their "genetic advantage".

If you want to convince me start by convincing your fellow pinoys who have said the same, that they rather not have him because it doesnt feel right to have a foreigner represent you on your NATIONAL team.

ezau
09-03-2014, 10:15 PM
equating descendants playing for the country they were born and raised in, speak the language of and have friends and family in to a NT recruiting a foreigner who has no connection to the country at all is the stupidest defence of the practice I've ever heard. As if the philippines hasnt had plenty of immigration of its own. As if poland and italy or whatever other country you want to attribute argentina's success to, has accomplished what argentina did despite sharing their "genetic advantage".

If you want to convince me start by convincing your fellow pinoys who have said the same, that they rather not have him because it doesnt feel right to have a foreigner represent you on your NATIONAL team.

:lol Ohhh, but Hakeem Olajuwon played for us as a naturalized citizen, but you can't call us out on that because we've been curbstomping Argentina since time immemorial:lol

And oh, thinking I'm from the Philippines:lol

diego
09-04-2014, 08:44 AM
:lol Ohhh, but Hakeem Olajuwon played for us as a naturalized citizen, but you can't call us out on that because we've been curbstomping Argentina since time immemorial:lol

And oh, thinking I'm from the Philippines:lol

i asked you what your country is and you were too pussy to say, since you insist on defending the philippines and called out the US for using descendants I had to assume you are from the philippines. doesnt matter. I have called out the US for nationalizing olajuwon, but at least, he lived in the US for a long time and learned the language, you cant say the same for blatche. As far as the US curbstomping argentina, 2002 in your house, 2004 when you "took it seriously", from a country that is a tenth of the size and barely plays basketball. Has the states ever beat argentina in soccer? Can you imagine if argentina REALLY cared about basketball? :lol

ezau
09-04-2014, 09:00 PM
i asked you what your country is and you were too pussy to say, since you insist on defending the philippines and called out the US for using descendants I had to assume you are from the philippines. doesnt matter. I have called out the US for nationalizing olajuwon, but at least, he lived in the US for a long time and learned the language, you cant say the same for blatche. As far as the US curbstomping argentina, 2002 in your house, 2004 when you "took it seriously", from a country that is a tenth of the size and barely plays basketball. Has the states ever beat argentina in soccer? Can you imagine if argentina REALLY cared about basketball? :lol

Oh, now you're so proud of the fluke wins that Argentina had against us? :lol You should feel lucky that Argentina's 'golden generation' delivered the goods, because it seems like there are no young players coming out of the pipeline. Can you imagine us really caring about soccer? World=F:lolcked.

DAF86
09-04-2014, 09:55 PM
Oh, now you're so proud of the fluke wins that Argentina had against us? :lol You should feel lucky that Argentina's 'golden generation' delivered the goods, because it seems like there are no young players coming out of the pipeline. Can you imagine us really caring about soccer? World=F:lolcked.

When the US and Mexico face each other who do you root for, tbh?

ezau
09-04-2014, 11:05 PM
When the US and Mexico face each other who do you root for, tbh?

US, even if my mother's a third-generation American of Mexican origins.

jbspurs
09-06-2014, 10:52 AM
kyrie irving is australian. Duncan is not american, Kobe is arabian and so on..

Please add NATURALIZED Olajuwon to the list...

Duncanoypi
09-07-2014, 10:14 PM
and Now Prigioni going all out about his mad feelings about naturalization...lol!

bulakenyo
09-07-2014, 11:19 PM
and Now Prigioni going all out about his mad feelings about naturalization...lol!

link?