PDA

View Full Version : A few things about Texas.....

Avante
09-03-2014, 10:17 PM
.....schools I'd guess most you football freaks aren't aware of.

Abilene Christian had the great Bobby Morrow, the 1956 Olympic 100/200/4x1 gold medalist.

TCU is the king of the sub10.00 sprinter, they have had seven of them among the alum. Twice as many as any other school. Yes a lot of Jamaicans. They also had the first Texas Heisman winner with pint sized QB Davey O' Brien, he won it in 1938.

Baylor has had more "great" 400m guys than any other school. With the great Michael Johnson and Jeremy Wariner leading the way.

Texas A&M has had the only running back to ever be world ranked in the 100m, that was big Curtis Dickey.

Roosevelt high schools Roy Martin (SMU)stll holds the 200m record at 20.13. He's held that record since the mid 80's.

Few Schools compare to Texas when it comes to running backs....Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, Priest Holmes, Jamaal Charles.

Texas Southern had histories first sub10.00 sprinter when Jimmy Hines turned the trick at the 68 Olympics.

Texas A&I had the fastest cornderback to ever play footballl....Darrel Green, his 10.08 would have beaten the great Russian Valery Borzov (10.14) in 72.

Houston's Carl Lewis considered by many (me also) as the greatest track..and...field athlete.

Prairie View's Clem Daneils the first 1000 yard Raider rusher.

The high school 4x1 record is held by a Texas HS, ...ah....drawing a blank.

Every year at the Penn Relays all these Jamaica high schools show up and kick butt in the 4x1 relay, bummer is none of these Texas schools run there, lucky Jamaica.

Now before ....this is a football forum talk football talk foot..........just sharing a few things and bragging on Texas.

One last thing about Texas.....no state compares to Texas when it comes to music. Hell, Blind Lemon Jefferson a Texan the first male "star" of them old blues.

Where did John Davids butt go?
http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1959_Topps/105/John_David_Crow.jpg

ChumpDumper
09-03-2014, 10:57 PM
You have never been here.

Avante
09-03-2014, 11:22 PM
John David Crow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrRdogpwsCc

The top receiver on that team was Bobby Joe Conrad, who became a great receiver also with the Cardinals.