PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Strange

xmas1997
09-04-2014, 09:38 AM
Joaquin Phoenix back in the running to play Marvel's Doctor Strange after months of negotiations
By Karen Mizoguchi for MailOnline
Published: 12:03 EST, 29 August 2014 | Updated: 15:07 EST, 29 August 2014

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2737860/Joaquin-Phoenix-final-talks-play-Doctor-Strange-new-Marvel-movie.html

It's one of the sci-fi world's most eagerly awaited new movies.

And it appears that Joaquin Phoenix is back in the running to play Doctor Strange in a new Marvel movie.

The actor was initially the favourite to star in the comic book adaptation, but was then thought to have missed out to Boardwalk Empire star Jack Huston, the nephew of actress Anjelica.

But according to new reports the three time Academy Award-nominated Phoenix is now back in the running to play the superhero with magical powers.

Movie news website Collider revealed that a deal between Joaquin and Marvel for Doctor Strange is 'currently being finalised' after several months of negotiations.

It is not known why the decision has taken so long. However the site speculates that the delay could indicate Joaquin's fears that his commitment to Marvel could affect his availability for other film projects.

However, their source insists that the 39-year-old's contract is all but a done deal.

Marvel is known for signing their lead actors to lengthy picture deals, which perhaps explains Phoenix's hesitation.

Samuel L. Jackson, who plays Avengers character Nick Fury, is under a nine action film-contract with the studio spanning from the release of the first Iron Man film in 2008.

Chris Evans, the face of the Captain America franchise, signed for a total of six Marvel films with two more remaining in his contract and Robert Downey Jr. recently signed on to continue his role as Iron Man for two more Avenger movies.

Although Phoenix's deal is not official yet, Doctor Strange is already in the works.

It was previously announced that Deliver Us From Evil director Scott Derrickson was on-board to direct the superhero flick and added Jon Spaihts as a new writer.

And fans got a teaser of the surgeon turned wizard warrior in the most recent Captain America flick, The Winter Soldier when a HYDRA agent revealed the list of imminent threats to S.H.I.E.L.D's new defense strategy with one of them being Stephen Strange.

Marvel president Kevin Feige is a huge supporter of Doctor Strange being adapted into a movie.

He recently told Entertainment Weekly: 'I would love Strange to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe only because he's a great character.'

Feige added: 'He's got a great origin story, for the most part. And that world of pure magic, we haven't done yet. There's a whole supernatural/magic alternate dimension going on in the Marvel comics that we haven't ever touched on. So I think that's exciting.'

Doctor Strange is scheduled to hit cinemas on July 8, 2016.

The studio will be busy over the next couple of years, with Ant-Man starring Paul Rudd due to be released in July 2015, which will be followed by the Captain America 3 with Chris Evans on May 6, 2016 and Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 in July 2017.

TeyshaBlue
09-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Much prefer Dr. Weird. :lol
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/teyshablue/BEHOLD_zpsqpgazp8j.jpg (http://s3.photobucket.com/user/teyshablue/media/BEHOLD_zpsqpgazp8j.jpg.html)

cantthinkofanything
09-04-2014, 10:30 AM
awesome. I hadn't thought about him playing Dr. Strange. My first picks would have been Depp or Hanks. But Joaquin Phoenix should do a great job. Hope they go all out on this one.

Blake
09-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Phoenix doesn't really look the part but then i can't think of anyone that really does.

Maybe Pierce Brosnan circa 1994

lefty
09-04-2014, 10:46 AM
Not a bad choice

Another actor who is being considered by Marvel right now, and would be perfect for the role, is Jack Huston
He is my #1 choice

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/huston-doctor-strange.jpg

cantthinkofanything
09-04-2014, 11:52 AM
http://bitchslapmag.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/sean_connery_half_naked-320x392.jpg

RsxPiimp
09-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Should've been Tom Hardy but I can see Joaquin pulling this off, he has great acting chops.

xmas1997
09-04-2014, 04:26 PM
This should be a much better super hero than the others IMHO.

xmas1997
09-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Al Pacino: Could it be Dr Strange?
By Aminia Junior Swaggieon September 4th, 2014 at 3:51pm

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09/04/al-pacino-could-it-be-dr-strange-2247832?lt_source=external,manual#!bQGTRN

The internet is alight with rumors about the possibility of Al Pacino starring in a Marvel movie after he saw Guardians of the Galaxy with his kids. In a recent interview he was quoted as saying.

"It was not something I would readily go see, but my kids got me to go, and one has to draw the line at where prejudice starts and where it ends that was good stuff! I recognized the ingenious stuff they were doing; the invention, the attractiveness of the way they were performing it. It had a Shakespearian feeling to it at times. I was caught up in the big screen, the great sound... I would anything that I could to understand in terms of how I fit in it. And you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything is possible... You know, I did Dick Tracy and I got an Oscar nomination, so come on. I mean what can I say? (Winking).

leemajors
09-06-2014, 03:51 PM
We don't need a constantly yelling Dr Strange

SnakeBoy
09-06-2014, 05:55 PM
Al Pacino: Could it be Dr Strange?
By Aminia Junior Swaggieon September 4th, 2014 at 3:51pm

http://moviepilot.com/posts/2014/09/04/al-pacino-could-it-be-dr-strange-2247832?lt_source=external,manual#!bQGTRN

The internet is alight with rumors about the possibility of Al Pacino starring in a Marvel movie after he saw Guardians of the Galaxy with his kids. In a recent interview he was quoted as saying.

"It was not something I would readily go see, but my kids got me to go, and one has to draw the line at where prejudice starts and where it ends that was good stuff! I recognized the ingenious stuff they were doing; the invention, the attractiveness of the way they were performing it. It had a Shakespearian feeling to it at times. I was caught up in the big screen, the great sound... I would anything that I could to understand in terms of how I fit in it. And you know, of course if I could fit in it. Anything is possible... You know, I did Dick Tracy and I got an Oscar nomination, so come on. I mean what can I say? (Winking).

Lord, do not let this happen. Amen.

Franklin
09-06-2014, 08:11 PM
the unluckiest male actor to have ever appeared on the same cast list with Scarlett Johansson. Dude co-starred with Goddess in the same movie yet didn't even get a sniff of her, while other stars (like Gordon-Levitt :ihit:, Hugh Jackman :ihit: etc...) screwed goddess for fun in front of cameras

Reck
09-06-2014, 08:41 PM
the unluckiest male actor to have ever appeared on the same cast list with Scarlett Johansson. Dude co-starred with Goddess in the same movie yet didn't even get a sniff of her, while other stars (like Gordon-Levitt :ihit:, Hugh Jackman :ihit: etc...) screwed goddess for fun in front of cameras

She ain't no goddess no mo!

Franklin
09-06-2014, 09:06 PM
She's still my Goddess though, just because i've got a new Goddess (LG) it doesn't mean I have to abandon the old one tbh. Even if my LG leaves me someday and gets a baby with someone else she'll still be my Goddess as always. :cry

we can still love and fap to the younger Scarlett Johansson (the one before her first marriage).