PDA

View Full Version : Fox's Take on Finley...kind of

Kip Fanatic
08-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Michael Finley is the man. You want to sign him? You have to go to him.

It was reported last night that Fin and his agent have invited the teams he's interested in to come to Chicago for a sitdown with Mike so that they can give him their recruiting pitch face-to-face. Pat Riley and Stan Van Gundy supposedly were in the Chi yesterday, the Suns will visit today and the Spurs roll in on Thursday.
Just sit back and enjoy it Mike.

Dale Davis agreed to terms with the Pistons yesterday afternoon. Are you surprised at all that he's going to Detroit? He was made to play Pistons basketball and will more than adequately fill in for the departing Elden Campbell. His agent told the Detroit Free Press that the Pistons were tired of waiting on Finley's decision and chose to go with the sure thing in Davis instead.

Detroit is now pretty much out of any kind of race for Finley.

Aaron McKie agreed to terms with the Lakers. How perfect is he for that team? He's a big guard, he can play the point, he can defend and he can still stick stand still jumpers.

As always, when one guys signs, it sets off some kind of chain reaction with all the guys waiting in line. McKie went to the Lakers, so Derek Anderson signed with the Rockets.

With both of those guys off the board, the Nets, who last week thought they were a lock to get McKie, now look to guys like Wesley Person.

By the way, it could be an interesting training camp as D.A., Bob Sura and David Wesley battle it out for starting spots.

That's good for the the Rockets though. That team is supremely talented, but they don't really seem to have any kind of edge to them.

We saw a story yesterday about how Emeka Okafor has been working out with Hakeem Olajuwon this summer. Good for Emeka.

Why don't more young big men seek out guys like Hakeem, David Robinson and Kareem?

The T-Wolves re-signed Eddie Griffin.

Did you see Udonis Haslem's take on Shaq's re-signing with Miami for five more years? "I guess that's five more years of wide-open shots for me,'' said Udonis.

Solid D
08-23-2005, 03:41 PM
In sales strategy 101, you learn to schedule yourself to meet with the decision-maker LAST. "Last one in" leaves having given the freshest information and impact on the decision-maker's mind, plus the ability to handle objections the others threw out there, plus the ability to close the deal.

With that being said...the Heat can still pay more to the agent and Michael.

Kip Fanatic
08-23-2005, 03:44 PM
So this leaves Phoenix, Miami, SA, and maybe the T-Wolves? My take. T-Wolves, um no. Phoenix, thanks, but no thanks. To me, its either SA or Miami. My gut tells me SA for some reason.

G-Nob
08-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Mike wants to start. that's why Miami makes more sense.

Ocotillo
08-23-2005, 05:18 PM
By the way, it could be an interesting training camp as D.A., Bob Sura and David Wesley battle it out for starting spots.

Isn't Juwan Howard still on the Rockets?

uh, DA this is Juwan, Juwan this is DA. Oh you guys know each other already? :lol

Dingle Barry
08-23-2005, 06:14 PM
miami

orhe
08-23-2005, 08:51 PM
... yeah we would get killed by fast point guards lol... finley would get massacred by the other SGs woohoo nice defense

smdanss
08-23-2005, 10:28 PM
iif finley were in SA. you think maybe we can play manu at point, finely at shooting guard and bowen at small forward?

manu
finley
bowen
tim
mohammed

I lilke this lineup...we can then finally trade parker? (j/k)

Maybe we can let Finley start 1st quarter for 5 minutes, play other time as needed for 10 minutes. Also he may play 3 for 5 minutes while Bowen needs rest and the opponent is not fast. Manu still play the major time for 2, shares starting 2 at 3rd quarter.

Manu is an all star, he doesn't mind if not starting at the 1st quarter like the Spurs did for a while last season.

All for a better Spurs.

texasqb2
08-23-2005, 10:40 PM
My gut feeling is that Finley is coming to SA. He can stick it to the Dallas organization, he can play next to good guys who arent all about themselves unlike Shaq/Antoine. Bowen may elect to let Finley start or maybe Finley doesnt necessarily wanna start. How many shots is Finley gonna get up with Wade/Shaq/Walker. My gut feeling is when Finley meets with Pop/TD, its all over.

DesiSpur_21
08-23-2005, 10:41 PM
There is no way Finley is going to start for Spurs over TP/Bowen - Get over it.

baseline bum
08-23-2005, 11:31 PM
Isn't Juwan Howard still on the Rockets?

uh, DA this is Juwan, Juwan this is DA. Oh you guys know each other already? :lol

:rollin

Dalamar_the_Dark
08-24-2005, 02:33 AM
I dont know. I think Finley is going to sign for the Pistons. Pistons still will be able to offer him whats left of their mid-level exception. about 1.5 million I think. The Pistons would then have a solid core. Rip, Billups, Tay, Rasheed, Ben, Dale Davis, Antonio McDyess, Lindsey Hunter and Finley. Thats a very good rotation there. I would say Championship potential.

Mr. Body
08-24-2005, 02:55 AM
I don't see him signing with the Pistons (if they're even still interested). Accounts are he told them he wasn't all that interested, which swung them to Davis. Finley recognizes his abilities as a scorer, I think, and would go to a team with a strong offensive scheme where he can get shots. Detroit simply doesn't have that in place.

The Spurs, however, are beginning to have a very effective offense. For my money, I don't see him signing with SA. But the temptation has to be there. Pop can get him about 24 minutes, possibly more (Bowen gets ~30, Finley gets the remaining 18 at the position, then moves around a bit after that). They can also promise him a starring role with the second squad, which is full of passers (Barry, Beno, Oberto, even Horry) who are looking for someone to finish for them.

That said, I think he'll take Miami, if a junk-drawer team doesn't scare him off. He'll get to start and, more important, he'll get to finish games. There's no guarantee in SA he'll be in there during crunch time. Maybe defense-for-offense swaps with Bowen, but nothing certain.

Dre_7
08-24-2005, 02:57 AM
Thats a very good rotation there. I would say Championship potential.

Of course its championship potential. Even withouth Davis and Fin they are championship potential. They have been there 2 straight years.