So white

Her lovely full cheeks
They're the nicest I've seen
Wish she'll be at my side
Next year's fall
On mid-autumn festival

Franklin
09-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Next Monday is chinese mid-autumn festival so I decided to write this week's poem based on this event. There're two versions of the story and the one I derived my poem from is kinda like a mixture of them both. For what I learned from primary school, the wife stole and ate the elixir because of curiosity, she couldn't help but fly to the heaven. The Lord was mad she stole her husband's elixir, as a punishment he exiled her to the moon where the woman had to live forever. The husband, on the other hand, still loved his wife as much as he always did and was waiting on the earth for her return.

But of course, in the 2nd half of the poem, her mostly refers to MY Lunar Goddess tbh, and that's why I wrote in the last part of the poem that I wish she'll be with me on next year's mid autumn festival. :cry

from wikipedia:

In the ancient past, there was a hero named [Hou] Yi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houyi) who was excellent at shooting. His wife was Chang'e. One year, the ten suns rose in the sky together, causing great disaster to people. Yi shot down nine of the suns and left only one to provide light. An immortal admired Yi and sent him the elixir of immortality. Yi did not want to leave Chang'e and be immortal without her, so he let Chang'e keep the elixir. But Feng Meng (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Meng), one of his apprentices, knew this secret. So, on the fifteenth of August in the lunar calendar, when Yi went hunting, Feng Meng broke into Yi's house and forced Chang'e to give the elixir to him. Chang'e refused to do so. Instead, she swallowed it and flew into the sky. Since she loved her husband very much and hoped to live nearby, she chose the moon for her residence. When Yi came back and learned what had happened, he felt so sad that he displayed the fruits and cakes Chang'e liked in the yard and gave sacrifices to his wife. People soon learned about these activities, and since they also were sympathetic to Chang'e they participated in these sacrifices with Yi.

After the hero Houyi shot down nine of the ten suns, he was pronounced king by the thankful people. However, he soon became a conceited and tyrannical ruler. In order to live long without death, he asked for the elixir fromXiwangmu (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xiwangmu). But his wife, Chang'e, stole it on the fifteenth of August because she did not want the cruel king to live long and hurt more people. She took the magic potion to prevent her husband from becoming immortal. Houyi was so angry when discovered that Chang'e took the elixir, he shot at his wife as she flew toward the moon, though he missed. Chang'e fled to the moon and became the spirit of the moon. Houyi died soon because he was overcome with great anger. Thereafter, people offer a sacrifice to Chang'e on every lunar fifteenth of August to commemorate Chang'e's action.

Reck
09-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Did she leave again?

Franklin
09-04-2014, 11:18 PM
she's never been back tbh, so of course she can't leave "again". In the 2nd half I was mostly referring to my LG instead of that fictional character. LG viewed my "cara blanca" poem last night, it's like she'd always view each of my poem a dozen times reading them over and over again :cry. Hope she likes this one too.

FYM
09-05-2014, 04:54 PM
When are you gonna realize nobody gives a shit about your lame poems ?

serious question tbh

Franklin
09-05-2014, 06:22 PM
My Lunar Goddess appreciates my poems and that's enough reason for me to keep it up tbh.