PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Another Retard says Kobe is better than Jordan

JohnnyMax
09-06-2014, 12:34 PM

djohn2oo8
09-06-2014, 12:38 PM
That's terrible grammar even for twitter.

Bill_Brasky
09-06-2014, 12:53 PM
awesome

Hemotivo
09-06-2014, 12:57 PM
:lol @SwagyP

Kool Bob Love
09-06-2014, 12:59 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2gd0m0lBR1qe1pkvo1_500.gif

Chinook
09-06-2014, 12:59 PM
At least it makes sense for Young to say it. Jennings had no incentive to suck up to Kobe.

Arnold Toht
09-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Notice how Duncan's faggot ass is never mentioned in this type of conversation?

Kool Bob Love
09-06-2014, 01:10 PM

Bitch real g's move in silence like lasagna.

Arnold Toht
09-06-2014, 01:17 PM
Duncan has a case against Jordan #shitnobodysays

ElNono
09-06-2014, 01:20 PM
I don't remember DK using teammates as a crutch to run PR for him... when he was dominating, it was just clear cut...

elmanutres
09-06-2014, 01:23 PM

duncan 5 + tiebreaker > the tired old shit bag korby 5

MeloHype
09-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Duncan fans aren't retarded and know Jordan is the G.O.A.T.

jehawk81
09-06-2014, 01:32 PM
I don't remember DK using teammates as a crutch to run PR for him... when he was dominating, it was just clear cut...

This guy speaks truth

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-06-2014, 01:38 PM
Did the Bulls ever give MJ 48.5 million dollars for two seasons? Case closed.

elmanutres
09-06-2014, 02:15 PM
Did the Bulls ever give MJ 48.5 million dollars for two seasons? Case closed.

well to be fair jordan signed at the time considered absurd 30 mil 1 year deal

But unlike korby, jordan actually lived up to the deal. Korby just sat at the bench trying to set an all time record for all time in high fives from the bench.

Infinite_limit
09-06-2014, 03:31 PM
1) Joe Johnson on the anti-handchecking rule - "It benefits me," said Joe Johnson. "It definitely changes the game because it gives every guy that extra step. "If we could hand check now, the game would be totally different." "If they couldn't hand check back in the day, there are some guys that would have been even better than they were. It would have been nuts for some of the big-time scorers and perimeter players from the 1980s and 1990s. Can you imagine what Jordan would have done in a league where you couldn't hand check?"

2) Phil Jackson - "Michael would average 45 with these rules." - Remember that Phil Jackson has also coached Kobe and Shaq to all of their Finals MVPs, so he has seen both sides.

3) Larry Brown (coached 2004 Pistons defense that shut down Kobe to 38% shooting) - "You can't even touch a guy now." I always tease Michael, if he played today, he'd average 50."

4) Clyde Drexler on how his numbers would be today - "Oh, tremendously better, from shooting percentage to points per game everything would be up, and our old teams would score a lot more points, and that is saying something because we could score a lot back then. I do think there should be an asterisk next to some of these scoring leaders, because it is much different trying to score with a forearm in your face. It is harder to score with that resistance. You had to turn your back on guys defending you back in the day with all the hand checking that was going on. For guys who penetrate these days, it's hunting season."

5) Scottie Pippen - "The defensive rules, the hand checking, the ability to make contact on a guy in certain areas .... [have] all been taken away from the game. If Kobe could get 81, I think Michael could get 100 in today's game."

Notice how Pippen contradicted himself. He said Lebron may be the best player ever, but he had also said that Jordan would score 100 in today's league - basically stating that today's (Lebron's) league is far weaker than Jordan's. Pippen wisely retracted his statements on Lebron after the 2011 Finals.

6) Craig Hodges, Lakers assistant for their last 2 championships - "M.J., all day. There's no comparison. M.J. could score 100 points in this era. You can't hand-check now. Imagine that trying to guard M.J. It would be crazy."

7) Rick Barry, 1975 Finals MVP on past players under modern rules - "They'd score a lot more." Tex Winter (assistant coach during the Lakers 3peat) echoed these sentiments - "Players today can get to the basket individually much easier."

8) Joe Dumars, 1989 Finals MVP, first laughed, "It would have been virtually impossible to defend Michael Jordan based on the way the game's being called right now."

9) Dominique Wilkins - "The power forward position had the license to kick your butt and the game was very physical. I think the physical aspect of the game, some of it has been taken away with the rule changes." "If you're asking me what would I have done [today], well, put it this way, if you couldn't touch me, instead of averaging 25 or 30, I'd probably average 40."

10) Kobe Bryant on 80/90s basketball - "The truth is, it makes the game [where] players have to be more skillful. Nowadays, literally anybody can get out there and get to the basket and you can't touch anybody. Back then, if guys put their hands on you, you had to have the skill to be able to go both ways, change direction, post up, you had to have a mid-range game because you didn't want to go all the way to the basket because you would get knocked ass over tea kettle. So I think playing the game back then required MUCH MORE SKILL."

11) Dennis Rodman on Lebron in 80s/90s - "It's really not a comparison. If LeBron was playing in the late '80s and early '90s, he would be just an average player," (bit of an exaggeration)

Rodman said a 28-year-old Jordan would average at least 40 points a game in today's NBA."I'm just sick and tired of people comparing (James) to Michael Jordan." "It's a whole different era, man." Rodman said Jordan thrived despite playing in a more physical era in the NBA. "LeBron came into the age of the game at a perfect time. Michael came into the game when back then you could hit people, knock him down, shoot a free throw and get back up," Rodman said. "And LeBron can't do that. All they do today is (complain) about a foul. All they do is (complain)."

12) Gary Payton on Lebron in 80s/90s - "You can't guard him now because it seems like you can't put your hands on him. You know what I'm saying?" Payton said during the All-Star break. "With LeBron, if somebody can hand check him and muscle him, it's a lot different when somebody can hand-check you and control you and be stronger than you on the block or whatever and not let you go anywhere. It's a little bit different, as being free and being a freak of nature and his body that he has right now, nobody can guard him, you know what I'm saying? So right now, if he could come back in our era and we could hand check him and guard him and bigger guys get on him and when he gets to the bucket we hit him and knock him like (Bill) Laimbeer, like the Boston Celtic days, it'd be a little bit different. I guarantee you it would be. But he's still great, he's still a great basketball player and like I said he's playing in a great era because he can get to the bucket whenever he feels like it."

And seeing as a 35 year old washed up past prime Gary Payton at 6-3 180 schooled Rookie of the Year 6-8 240 Lebron on defense, WITHOUT the benefit of the 80s/90s rules, its safe to assume he knows what he's talking about

If a 35-year old Payton locked down Lebron,
what could a prime Payton under the 90s rules
have done?
13) Magic Johnson - “If I played in this era, it would be over,” said Johnson. “See right now, there is no hand check. Back in my day, you could hand check. You could hard foul.“ Could you imagine Michael Jordan with no hand checking? Larry Bird?”

14) Gary Payton again - Payton cited the younger generation, the NBA lockout in 1999, and rule changes as contributing factors to how the point guard position and style of play has changed from his own era. “It’s the way our kids are brought up,” Payton said. “You guys have to understand, basketball has changed."

“They had to build it up after the first strike. Basketball was down a little bit. David Stern did a great job of bringing basketball back because he knew kids wanted to see run-and-gun. They didn’t want to see defense like the Knicks were doing. Slowing the ball down, setting up defenses and stuff like that and running plays. Kids weren’t doing that in the playgrounds. So we sped the game up, and that’s what the kids liked. They liked to see dunking, they like to see running, they liked to see scoring and that’s just the way it went.”

15) Ron Artest, 2004 DPOY, on who is the hardest to guard out of Kobe, Lebron, or Jordan
"Jordan, definitely. Jordan's the toughest because he's strong as Lebron, he shoots just as good as Reggie Miller from the midrange... and he's a killer out there on the court"

m>s
09-06-2014, 03:33 PM
from one chucker to another

hooperflash
09-06-2014, 04:01 PM
https://medium.com/the-cauldron/the-best-player-since-jordan-3da47f9ca3e1

Koolaid_Man
09-06-2014, 04:36 PM
Kobe is NOT better than MJ end of discussion....

Tim Duncan is heads and shoulders beneath Kobe another end of discussion.

LkrFan
09-06-2014, 04:39 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2gd0m0lBR1qe1pkvo1_500.gif

Russell was such a pushover:

be/5Ra9ni9_C7A

Agree or disagree? :downspin:

Clipper Nation
09-06-2014, 05:19 PM

Why would Duncan be mentioned in a conversation about selfish chuckers?

Thebesteva
09-06-2014, 05:46 PM

Floyd cant even do that

MultiTroll
09-06-2014, 06:30 PM
And seeing as a 35 year old washed up past prime Gary Payton at 6-3 180 schooled Rookie of the Year 6-8 240 Lebron on defense, WITHOUT the benefit of the 80s/90s rules, its safe to assume he knows what he's talking about

13) Magic Johnson - “If I played in this era, it would be over,” said Johnson. “See right now, there is no hand check. Back in my day, you could hand check. You could hard foul.“ Could you imagine Michael Jordan with no hand checking? Larry Bird?”
1. Is there a link to this fantacy Granpa Payton *shutting down* 18 year old LeBron? :rolleyes

2. Fagic Johnson, the ultimate beneficiary of "hands off" reffing, along with teamates Kream and Worthy. As much rigged / pussified reffing as Kobme has received.

Franklin
09-06-2014, 07:37 PM
even worse than a standard chink's grammar? :rolleyes:

djohn2oo8
09-06-2014, 07:42 PM
even worse than a standard chink's grammar? :rolleyes:

Read the tweet out loud to yourself and it probably isn't.

Franklin
09-06-2014, 07:50 PM
you mean "Lead the tweet out roud to myself"?

kobe4life
09-06-2014, 08:57 PM
Swaggy is just saying what we already know is true that God is the greatest player of all time. You spur fans just need to accept it and move on because pretty soon the media will also agree with Swaggy along with the rest of the world.

100%duncan
09-06-2014, 10:50 PM
Is it that hard to add a K and a W?

spursparker9
09-07-2014, 03:36 AM
lol Swaggy P that retard.

unforeseen
09-07-2014, 05:10 AM
5 > 6

Kool Bob Love
09-07-2014, 08:13 AM
you mean "Lead the tweet out roud to myself"?

Fucking asshole.:lol

ambchang
09-07-2014, 09:46 PM
You guys reading in all wrong.

Swaggy p said Kobe is #1 all time in sexual encounters with males, while magic Johnson (MJ) is #2.

And he's probably right after spending a year in the lakers locker room.

Franklin
09-07-2014, 10:23 PM
^ he forgot to mention Duncan as well, Duncan is easily a top 5 (if not top 3) of all time in that category tbh.

kobe4life
09-07-2014, 10:54 PM

Swaggy p said Kobe is #1 all time in sexual encounters with males, while magic Johnson (MJ) is #2.

How dare you insult God like that. God is definitely 1 all time when it comes to sleeping with women. God has had more pussy than your lose Duncan has had in a lifetime. God is a ladies man unlike Duncan the cuck.

Kidd K
09-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Not surprised he said that tbh. He's too young to have seen a single Jordan game so he underestimates his significantly greater impact on the game than Kobe has ever had. He's also apparently too stupid to understand that Jordan has higher statistical numbers than Kobe as well. Jordan's average season is pretty much equal to or better than Kobe's best ever season. So literally Kobe at his absolute peak best might be able to compete with Jordan having an average year (and probably worse on defense anyway), and otherwise gets crushed into oblivion.

Kobe fans need to stop comparing him to MJ because it just makes his game and accomplishments look less impressive in contrast, while making themselves look like fuckin mongoloids with a shitty grasp of the game.

-21-
09-08-2014, 01:42 AM
Why do you even believe what this guy says? It's not like you no him personally. :lol

Franklin
09-08-2014, 04:31 AM
How dare you insult God like that. God is definitely 1 all time when it comes to sleeping with women. God has had more pussy than your lose Duncan has had in a lifetime. God is a ladies man unlike Duncan the cuck.
God would exhaust himself to death before touching even half Wilt's record tbh.

Sean Cagney
09-08-2014, 12:09 PM

No but he is brought up as the best player of his era so......

Killakobe81
09-08-2014, 02:03 PM

Stay Classy, AMb.

09-08-2014, 02:39 PM
Bitch real g's move in silence like lasagna.
:hah:

ambchang
09-08-2014, 03:17 PM
Stay Classy, AMb.

Truth is classy.

Killakobe81
09-08-2014, 05:06 PM
Truth is classy.

This an NBA forum or TMZ? Even if it were true ... who cares? It's like the duncan gay rumors or even the Tony with Brent's wife rumors interesting, sure but have nothing to do with hoops. You could spend the energy to argue WHY Jordan is greater ...and dont give me it's obvious as ana answer ...because you also said Duncan over Kobe is obvious and argued that even before it became so ...

ambchang
09-08-2014, 08:58 PM
This an NBA forum or TMZ? Even if it were true ... who cares? It's like the duncan gay rumors or even the Tony with Brent's wife rumors interesting, sure but have nothing to do with hoops. You could spend the energy to argue WHY Jordan is greater ...and dont give me it's obvious as ana answer ...because you also said Duncan over Kobe is obvious and argued that even before it became so ...

You go ask Swaggy P my friend, I can't figure out why he would talk about the private lives of these laker greats.

But arguing MJ over Kobe is as easy as holding Kobe to 45% shooting, or 40% shootin in the finals. Everyone can do it.

1. Your favourite rings argument
2. Peak basic stats
3. Average bias stats
4. Peak advanced stats
5. Average advanced stats
6. Quotes from all knowledgeable basketball insiders
7. Impact on the history of the game
8. Quality of opponents and ability to separate from them
9. Performance in clutch situations (actual, not made up crap)
10. Rules and the ability to perform under them.
11. Quality of their mistresses
12. MISSED PLAYOFFS DURING PRIME
13. Everything else.

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 09:00 PM
https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQD9aSawPFS0zfkP&w=377&h=197&url=http%3A%2F%2Fll-media.tmz.com%2F2013%2F09%2F26%2F0926-michael-jordan-facebook-getty-2.jpg&cfs=1

ambchang
09-09-2014, 06:03 AM
https://fbexternal-a.akamaihd.net/safe_image.php?d=AQD9aSawPFS0zfkP&w=377&h=197&url=http%3A%2F%2Fll-media.tmz.com%2F2013%2F09%2F26%2F0926-michael-jordan-facebook-getty-2.jpg&cfs=1

Made up stuff don't count. Although that does give me a good scare like a classic horror movie.

Raven
09-09-2014, 06:26 AM
it's funny how the love for kobe is inversely proportional to the IQ

Killakobe81
09-09-2014, 07:55 AM
You go ask Swaggy P my friend, I can't figure out why he would talk about the private lives of these laker greats.

But arguing MJ over Kobe is as easy as holding Kobe to 45% shooting, or 40% shootin in the finals. Everyone can do it.

1. Your favourite rings argument
2. Peak basic stats
3. Average bias stats
4. Peak advanced stats
5. Average advanced stats
6. Quotes from all knowledgeable basketball insiders
7. Impact on the history of the game
8. Quality of opponents and ability to separate from them
9. Performance in clutch situations (actual, not made up crap)
10. Rules and the ability to perform under them.
12. MISSED PLAYOFFS DURING PRIME
13. Everything else.

You never fail to disappoint or surprise ... you like that mistress in another part of town or an old high school "beat-up" ... not wifey material but definitely wil deliver the just need to satisfy my needs goods.

Killakobe81
09-09-2014, 07:56 AM
it's funny how the love for kobe is inversely proportional to the IQ

Now that is funny ... nice.

ambchang
09-09-2014, 11:04 AM
You never fail to disappoint or surprise ... you like that mistress in another part of town or an old high school "beat-up" ... not wifey material but definitely wil deliver the just need to satisfy my needs goods.

I know you model your life after Kobe, but please do not project your man love fantasies onto me.

Killakobe81
09-09-2014, 11:46 AM
I know you model your life after Kobe, but please do not project your man love fantasies onto me.

Pucker-up, butter cup !

Killakobe81
09-09-2014, 11:56 AM
BTW, amb what is with the recent fascination with sexual proclivities. You went from being a stat whore with a dash of leadership ranking focus of shit we could not prove (interesting dichotomy) but now you wallowing in the sewers with Kool and CN debating mistress quality and scum-baggery ...

Is it a when in Rome thing?

Or should I be concerned?

ambchang
09-09-2014, 01:21 PM
BTW, amb what is with the recent fascination with sexual proclivities. You went from being a stat whore with a dash of leadership ranking focus of shit we could not prove (interesting dichotomy) but now you wallowing in the sewers with Kool and CN debating mistress quality and scum-baggery ...

Is it a when in Rome thing?

Or should I be concerned?

Not really much of a facination, but it is funny how Laker fans are trying to prop up Kobe in all aspects of life, including the ability to hook up with beautiful women, when the fact is that he couldn't even get the job done on an "unattractive" starstruck hotel worker. I mean, MJ, as horrible as a person he is, actually manage to effectively put up his hush $. Kobe just couldn't get the job done.

Also, the stat angle has been beaten to the ground, Kobe has shown to be statistically inferior to anyone remotely considered to be a top 10 player of all time, or even top 15 player of all time.

lefty
09-09-2014, 01:57 PM
WGAF

Larry Bird and Isiah are the co-GOATs