PDA

View Full Version : Official NFC South thread

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-06-2014, 07:26 PM
Just thought this could be the thread to discuss the NFC South this year. ESPN predictions include:

Saints (11-5)
Panthers (10-6)
Falcons (9-7)
Bucs (8-8)

Panthers won last year but keep in mind no team has ever won B2B championships since it has existed (2002).

Chinook
09-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Not a bad thread idea. I'll toss in for the Bucs a little hopefully, S&B is around to support them properly.

spurraider21
09-06-2014, 07:32 PM
i think falcons finish last. they have names at flash positions, but imo the worst overall roster of the group

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-07-2014, 01:59 PM
I told you boys the Falcons would be the real deal this year. This division just might be the toughest in the NFL. Matt Ryan is an elite QB. Let me rephrase that.. a regular season elite QB. Roddy White and Julio Jones are elite WR's and they were both injured all last year.

It's going to be tough to repeat.

spurraider21
09-07-2014, 02:10 PM
I told you boys the Falcons would be the real deal this year. This division just might be the toughest in the NFL. Matt Ryan is an elite QB. Let me rephrase that.. a regular season elite QB. Roddy White and Julio Jones are elite WR's and they were both injured all last year.

It's going to be tough to repeat.
like i said, they have good players at flash positions (QB/WR) but they're mediocre almost everywhere else. it'll catch up to them over the course of a season. its a home opener against a division rival, and they're doing a good job playing up to the competition

Darth_Pelican
09-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Saints D is pathetic. we will be lucky to go 9-7

Pelicans78
09-07-2014, 05:04 PM
Saints D is pathetic. we will be lucky to go 9-7

What the fuck happened out there? Over 550 yards allowed.

Darth_Pelican
09-07-2014, 05:19 PM
What the fuck happened out there? Over 550 yards allowed.

They went after Robinson and White, who are both atrocious. Lewis missed tackles. 37 points given up, the most given up by any team in week one so far. Embarrassing

Chinook
09-07-2014, 06:48 PM
South is wide open again. So long as Rob Ryan is NO's D-coordinator, they'll struggle to close games. Atlanta is an elite RS team, and they can never be counted out. Carolina still has an elite defensive front, and that can change a lot of games. Tampa has a ton of growth to do, and they could really end up being anything at this point. The NFC has four competitive divisions now.

Darth_Pelican
09-14-2014, 03:08 PM
Congrats NoLyf3. The Falcons showed today that they aren't that good. The Saints are done. They will finish 3rd in the division

spurraider21
09-14-2014, 03:08 PM
saints have really underwhelmed so far. it looks like the year payton was out

Darth_Pelican
09-14-2014, 03:15 PM
Rob Ryan has given up a lead on the final possession four times in the past two years. Fuck his disgusting whale ass.

Chinook
09-14-2014, 04:05 PM
I can't believe people were saying the Saints had a chance to be the best team ever this season.

But I don't think they're out of it. Atlanta lost today, so NO still controls its own destiny. I really don't think they're a very talented team, though. Haven't thought that for years.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-14-2014, 10:23 PM
I'll leave these gems here..

http://giant.gfycat.com/SpottedSelfassuredHellbender.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/DeadIndolentFlee.gif

Emily Rose
09-15-2014, 12:20 AM
The Panthers beat the shitty Bucs and Lions. The Steelers will put them back in their place next Sunday night.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-15-2014, 08:51 AM
The Panthers beat the shitty Bucs and Lions. The Steelers will put them back in their place next Sunday night.

:lol

Pelicans78
09-15-2014, 08:54 AM
This isn't much of a division right now. Panthers are the clear front runners.

Bill_Brasky
09-15-2014, 09:10 AM

No they wont, the Rapers are terrible.

spurraider21
09-15-2014, 01:11 PM
apparently Kelvin Benjamin dropped 3 passes in yesterday's game. was wondering why his fantasy production was lackluster. as i've been saying, i'm expecting a lot of up and downs in his rookie year. he'll be legit in a year or two though

Clipper Nation
09-15-2014, 01:13 PM
apparently Kelvin Benjamin dropped 3 passes in yesterday's game. was wondering why his fantasy production was lackluster. as i've been saying, i'm expecting a lot of up and downs in his rookie year. he'll be legit in a year or two though
Rookie of the Week with Based Anderson under center, couldn't catch a cold with Cum Newton....

MeloHype
09-15-2014, 01:34 PM
I hope Patrick Robinson tears his acl again

Darth_Pelican
09-15-2014, 01:37 PM
I hope Patrick Robinson tears his acl again

It's been reported that Ingram broke his hand and could be out a month. Hopefully he broke it by punching Patrick Robinson in the face.

Pelicans78
09-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Payton called for the running game alot later then he should have. Too many passing plays early in the game.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-15-2014, 03:56 PM

Yes, he had a bad game. But lets not act as if he didn't drop a single pass in the first 5 games lol

spurraider21
09-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Yes, he had a bad game. But lets not act as if he didn't drop a single pass in the first 5 games lol
meh, preseason

Malik Hairston
09-15-2014, 04:11 PM
Carolina reminds me of Cinci, tbh, top 3 defense in the league and the reigning division champs, but are "boring" and most analysts/fans didn't really want to pick them to win their divisions again(due to storyline/entertainment)..

Can't believe the Saints cut my favourite player of all-time, just so they could deploy the worst secondary in the NFC:lol..he probably wouldn't have stayed healthy for more than 1 game, but still, have some respect for a first-balloter..

Malik Hairston
09-15-2014, 04:15 PM
And :lol Bucs, typical over-hyped off-season "sleeper team"..there's always 2-3 of those teams every year..

Silver&Black
09-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Still gonna be a battle for the NFC South's top spot. Carolina looks like the favorites after two weeks (gotdamn that D looks good), but Atlanta still has a chance. And even though the Saints are 0-2 I'm still not counting them out. It's still early in the season...so 0-2 is not impossible to come back from. A couple of Carolina losses and we'll have a ballgame again.

Only team I'm counting out.......well......you know.

Pelicans78
09-15-2014, 05:15 PM
Carolina reminds me of Cinci, tbh, top 3 defense in the league and the reigning division champs, but are "boring" and most analysts/fans didn't really want to pick them to win their divisions again(due to storyline/entertainment)..

Can't believe the Saints cut my favourite player of all-time, just so they could deploy the worst secondary in the NFC:lol..he probably wouldn't have stayed healthy for more than 1 game, but still, have some respect for a first-balloter..

I think injuries were the reason he was released, but there's no way he couldn't get playing time as a CB on this team. Patrick Robinson has never been good and Corey White is at best a nickel/slot corner.

Malik Hairston
09-15-2014, 05:30 PM
I think injuries were the reason he was released, but there's no way he couldn't get playing time as a CB on this team. Patrick Robinson has never been good and Corey White is at best a nickel/slot corner.

He hasn't been able to stay on the field for the past 2-3 years, tbh, and even when he did, he was usually rusty from lack of playing time and conditioning, but I'm still surprised the Saints released him with such terrible alternatives:lol..

Darth_Pelican
09-28-2014, 09:31 PM
This is the worst division in the NFL. 9-7, maybe even 8-8 will take the crown

benefactor
09-29-2014, 07:26 AM
AFC South says hello

Trainwreck2100
09-29-2014, 07:54 AM
AFC South says hello

The presence of the great JJ Watt makes the AFC south light years better than the NFC south

DeadlyDynasty
09-29-2014, 08:31 AM
There are 5 (maybe even 6) divisions that are currently playing awful, awful football.

NFC West
AFC North

That's it. If the Chiefs win tonight add the AFCW too. The Raiders are the Raiders though

Aztecfan03
09-29-2014, 09:17 AM
There are 5 (maybe even 6) divisions that are currently playing awful, awful football.

NFC West
AFC North

That's it. If the Chiefs win tonight add the AFCW too. The Raiders are the Raiders though

Any division witth broncos/chargers playing the way they are is a good division.

Chinook
09-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Get in here and represent Silver&Black

Silver&Black
09-29-2014, 06:38 PM
Get in here and represent Silver&Black (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20666)

Speak of the devil and he may appear...

Silver&Black
09-29-2014, 06:38 PM
How about them Bucs baby!!!!! LOL Steelers....

Chinook
09-29-2014, 06:41 PM
Speak of the devil and he may appear...

Yesterday was the first time all season that I actually thought the Bucs really had upside. It reminded me of 2010 in that the team played better than the sum of their parts. They'll need some strong off-seasons, I think. But with the NFC South kind of weak, Tampa may well have a chance to make a play for a division title soon.

Silver&Black
09-29-2014, 06:43 PM
Yesterday was the first time all season that I actually thought the Bucs really had upside. It reminded me of 2010 in that the team played better than the sum of their parts. They'll need some strong off-seasons, I think. But with the NFC South kind of weak, Tampa may well have a chance to make a play for a division title soon.

I hope you're right about that part. But let's not get carried away...did you see the Atlanta game last week???

But you're right...this division has gone to shit in the past two weeks.

Silver&Black
09-29-2014, 06:45 PM
The McCown injury was the best thing that has happened to the Bucs in years...

Silver&Black
09-29-2014, 06:46 PM
AFC South says hello

The NFC South says hello right back

Chinook
09-29-2014, 06:50 PM
I hope you're right about that part. But let's not get carried away...did you see the Atlanta game last week???

But you're right...this division has gone to shit in the past two weeks.

I mean in a couple of years. They've been recovering from some terrible years/coaches. It's strange that their free-agent lineman haven't worked out yet. If those guys can play at the level they're expected to, I think the team will be a lot better. That passing game has a chance to be sign when Evans and ASJ get some seasoning.

Honestly, I think they need to scrap the Tampa-2. They don't have the DEs for it, and I don't see them getting them any time soon.

Silver&Black
09-29-2014, 06:58 PM
I mean in a couple of years. They've been recovering from some terrible years/coaches. It's strange that their free-agent lineman haven't worked out yet. If those guys can play at the level they're expected to, I think the team will be a lot better. That passing game has a chance to be sign when Evans and ASJ get some seasoning.

Honestly, I think they need to scrap the Tampa-2. They don't have the DEs for it, and I don't see them getting them any time soon.

Yeah Evans has looked good...sucks about the injury today.

If we scrap the Tampa-2 what are we gonna run? More Nickel and Dime? We just don't get good play out of our linebackers in the Tampa 2. They drop back into coverage when they should rush the QB/RB and they rush the QB/RB when the should drop back into coverage. Plus we aren't getting the consistent pressure with our DEs either.

I totally agree though...Defense needs an overhaul bad (shit..at least a coaching up).

spurraider21
09-29-2014, 07:18 PM
that was the one time Freeman had a strong season... and unfortunately if gave then OC Greg Olson a bigger name than he deserved, and now he's with us

Chinook
09-29-2014, 07:31 PM
If we scrap the Tampa-2 what are we gonna run? More Nickel and Dime? We just don't get good play out of our linebackers in the Tampa 2. They drop back into coverage when they should rush the QB/RB and they rush the QB/RB when the should drop back into coverage. Plus we aren't getting the consistent pressure with our DEs either.

Well, there are a lot of different types of nickel and dime defenses. As far as base defense goes, I just think they should go toward a blitzing scheme with bigger linemen who play straight-up and not penetrating. That, or something sort of like what the Giants used to run in their recent SB years or even what Cinci runs now. McCoy's obviously great enough. But he seems to be the only lineman who can beat a guy by himself. The Tampa-2 relies on fast ends to get around their men, but the Bucs' DEs are actually normal sized, and so the scheme doesn't really fit them.

The linebackers seem fine, at least when they're healthy. David's an All Pro, and Foster would be good if he didn't play in a cover-2. Getting a dominant Mike prospect like Mosley would allow the team to shift Foster to the Sam where he belongs, but that's pretty far down on the priority list.

The secondary's messed up. It makes no sense to play zone when they're playing two SSs at the back. Barron is a disappointment, but I think he'd be better as an in-box safety with a true centerfielder behind him. Goldson needs to go, and he probably will in the off-season when his guaranteed money is paid out. Also, they team should get better man corners. Relying on zone defense is what gets you picked apart by teams like Atlanta.

Chinook
09-29-2014, 07:35 PM
that was the one time Freeman had a strong season... and unfortunately if gave then OC Greg Olson a bigger name than he deserved, and now he's with us

That was one of the funnest seasons in memory for me. The Ravens were good but not really exciting that year. They had an easy schedule and took advantage. Then, they lost to Pittsburgh in heart-breaking fashion in the Divisional round. Tampa was exciting as hell with Freeman's comebacks and Morris' gambling defense. I really thought Raheem had what it took to be a legit d-coordinator with the way he coached up that band of UDFAs. It's a shame he hasn't really gotten a shot. Also, that was the year Blount came on the scene with 1000 yards in 14 games, including some tremendous runs. The Bucs missed the post-season on a terrible call OPI that the NFL apologized for later.

To think it all went to hell after that.

spurraider21
09-29-2014, 07:51 PM
yeah Blount had some Lynch vs Saints esque runs

Silver&Black
10-01-2014, 06:02 PM
Chinook....

I know it's a difficult question to answer...but what do the Bucs have to do to make deep playoff runs again. I mean we haven't had one in 12 years and the way things are I don't see one on the horizon either. The easy answer would be that we simply don't have the right QB to compete with the likes of Drew Brees, Cam Newton, and Matt Ryan.

Seriously, what needs to be done? Is it the owner? I mean we don't spend money like the other teams in the division. And when we do..it's a 1-year contract to Revis for 16 million dollars. Why can't we spend the same amount of money and sign a lesser player to a 2-3 year contract? Is it the GMs fault?

What the hell needs to be done to fix this trainwreck?

spurraider21
10-01-2014, 06:58 PM
Everyone spends money. It's a hard cap league

Silver&Black
10-01-2014, 11:46 PM
Yeah the NFL just started having a "salary floor" though. I'm talking about the last 12 years. The Bucs were notorious for not spending money during that time...and the money they do spend now is a joke.

Why do we let so many of our draft picks go? After the 1st initial contract..they're gone.

Chinook
10-02-2014, 12:27 AM
Yeah the NFL just started having a "salary floor" though. I'm talking about the last 12 years. The Bucs were notorious for not spending money during that time...and the money they do spend now is a joke.

Why do we let so many of our draft picks go? After the 1st initial contract..they're gone.

It's because most of them suck, unfortunately. Tampa just hasn't drafted very well at all.

Ultimately, Tampa won't be a deep-playoff team until they get more experience and continuity. They have no savvy vets on their squad who know what it takes to win. And it's not like they're Seattle where they just have to much talent (that fits in their scheme) that they can overcome their inexperience. On that subject, the Bucs need more talent, especially in their depth. That comes from drafting well. I'm not sure they had that great of a draft this season, considering they took a running-back in the third when it wasn't a position of value at all. They'll need to stack on a few years of good drafts and solid signings to get better.

The Bucs need to focus on becoming a good team before they think about how many playoff games they want to win. A lot of teams win it all by peaking at the right time after looking pedestrian going into the tournament. I actually think the 2010 team would have won a playoff game had they not been screwed by the refs. They lacked talent, but Freeman was special that year. Would have been interesting to see them try, especially because Tampa getting the right call would have knocked the Champion Packers out of their sixth seed.

Chinook
10-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Everyone spends money. It's a hard cap league

Eh. It's a hard cap, but the floor is a relatively new thing (at least the floor being so high) and the way the cap can be rolled over now and the way that the floor is set as a five-year average and not a yearly thing has allowed Tampa to get away with spending little money until last off-season. That's how the 2010 Bucs team had a roster full of UDFA's and players on rookie deals.

Silver&Black
10-02-2014, 04:05 AM
It's gonna take a while I know. I'm patient though...

But hey...At least we're better than the Steelers...right?

I know you being a Ravens fan..you must of been going crazy to see the Steelers lose to the Bucs.

The Gemini Method
10-03-2014, 01:30 PM
With those Hideous uniforms, I'd rather not see the Bucs do well so they can stay off the television. LOL Raiduhs. This is an underperforming division for sure.

Kawhi
10-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Byrd done for the season

Darth_Pelican
10-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Byrd done for the season

He's been dogshit all season anyway.

Kawhi
10-03-2014, 02:00 PM
He's been dogshit all season anyway.

On the bright side falcons oline can't stay healthy, Panthers defensive ends keep getting suspended and the bucs are the bucs

Chinook
10-03-2014, 02:10 PM
With the way Michael Johnson looked last week, there's real hope that Tampa's pass-rush will become legit. I still think the Bucs aren't ready, but their defense may be pretty good by year's end, and they may well win some games.

But the South looks to be Atlanta's to lose, especially since they own wins over the Bucs and Saints already.

Pelicans78
10-03-2014, 03:52 PM
Atlanta's terrible. They're barely a 9-7 team and haven't played a road divisional game yet.

Darth_Pelican
10-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Atlanta's terrible. They're barely a 9-7 team and haven't played a road divisional game yet.

True.

The division will be won by either the Saints or the Panthers. I didn't see any of the Panthers game today but I noticed that they erased a 14 point deficit. Nice win by them. For the Saints, they showed guts by coming back from 11 in the 4th Quarter to win their 19th home game in a row with Payton/Brees. The Saints-Panthers games should be fun this year.

Pelicans78
10-05-2014, 04:14 PM
True.

The division will won by either the Saints or the Panthers. I didn't see any of the Panthers game today but I noticed that they erased a 14 point deficit. Nice win by them. For the Saints, they showed guts by coming back from 11 in the 4th Quarter to win their 19th home game in a row with Payton/Brees. The Saints-Panthers games should be fun this year.

Even though the schedule becomes difficult, the hardest games are at home. Still, need lots of improvement across the board to win the division.

Darth_Pelican
10-05-2014, 04:19 PM
Even though the schedule becomes difficult, the hardest games are at home. Still, need lots of improvement across the board to win the division.

Brees's mistakes are the reason this game was even close. He refuses to take a sack. Also, the roughing the passer penalty on the first possession of the send half changed the game. Our D would have gotten off the field, instead Tampa scores.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-05-2014, 04:59 PM
Cam's block on Lance Briggs

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/cam-newton-blocks-lance-briggs.gif

http://usatthebiglead.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/cam-newton-blocks-lance-briggs-b.gif

spurraider21
10-05-2014, 05:17 PM
that was the play that changed the game and won the game for the panthers

:lmao

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Quarterback Cam Newton (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/13994/cam-newton?ex_cid=null), before he took off his pads and before he went for treatment, stopped by the locker of rookie wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/16730/kelvin-benjamin?ex_cid=null) to let him know he was going to be “on his ass" this week. Benjamin had a couple of big drops that could have made Newton’s final rating look even better, and the win a little easier. It was all playful, though.

I will give spurraider21 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=31905) credit where it's due. Benjamin makes some very amazing/acrobatic plays, but he had some big drops today. Hopefully consistency will come in time, hopefully this year. As far as I'm concerned, he's our #1, but our go-to guy is Greg Olsen.

spurraider21
10-05-2014, 05:40 PM
as i've always said, i like benjamin. but i thought the panthers downgraded at receiver overall, as benjamin can't be a reliable WR1 at this stage. he was considered to be raw coming out of FSU

Pelicans78
10-05-2014, 05:40 PM
Nice comeback by the Panthers. Keeps them a game up right now.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-05-2014, 05:45 PM
Nice comeback by the Panthers. Keeps them a game up right now.

Missed the NO game. Nice win in the end.

Carolina has an absolutely brutal schedule that includes consecutive games against Seattle, @GB, @ Cinci, @ Philly and NO at home I believe.

Pelicans78
10-05-2014, 06:00 PM
Missed the NO game. Nice win in the end.

Carolina has an absolutely brutal schedule that includes consecutive games against Seattle, @GB, @ Cinci, @ Philly and NO at home I believe.

Brees was hot and cold overall. Throw for a bunch of yards, but also 3 picks where two of them led to 14 TB points. Defense was shaky until the 4th quarter. Overall not a good performance, but they got the win. Don't see the Saints better than a 8-8 team right now unless the team drastically improves.

The Saints have a bye week then here is there schedule:

At Detroit, home to Green Bay, at Carolina, home to SF, Cincy, and Baltimore, at Pittsburgh, home to Atlanta, at Chicago, home to Carolina, and at Tampa.

This division is up for grabs, but the Panthers seem to be the best road team.

Chinook
10-19-2014, 03:15 PM
:lol Tampa gained ground of the division during the bye week. Just terrible all around.

Darth_Pelican
10-19-2014, 03:18 PM
What a fucking joke that one of these teams will get a home playoff game. Pathetic.

Chinook
10-19-2014, 03:20 PM
What a fucking joke that one of these teams will get a home playoff game. Pathetic.

Yep. Although, you have to admit: It would be hilarious for a 7-9 Saints team to host Seattle in the first round and beat them.

Darth_Pelican
10-19-2014, 03:24 PM
Saints didn't want to be in a virtual tie for 1st in the division. They would rather blow a game that they dominated for 55 minutes.

Silver&Black
10-19-2014, 03:25 PM
:lol Tampa gained ground of the division during the bye week. Just terrible all around.

Tru dat....

Silver&Black
10-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Fellow NFC South fans.....let me be the 1st to say it.

We fvckin suck....

I walked into the gas station the other day wearing a black t-shirt with the old Creamsicle Bucs logo on the front. (The pirate with the dagger in his mouth logo) Guy asked me...hey you a Tampa Bay Bucs fans??? I lied to him and said it was a high school team in Louisiana. I'm so ashamed......

Darth_Pelican
10-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Saints home winning streak might end in embarrassing fashion against the Packers next Sunday night.

Chinook
10-19-2014, 03:31 PM
Fellow NFC South fans.....let me be the 1st to say it.

We fvckin suck....

I walked into the gas station the other day wearing a black t-shirt with the old Creamsicle Bucs logo on the front. (The pirate with the dagger in his mouth logo) Guy asked me...hey you a Tampa Bay Bucs fans??? I lied to him and said it was a high school team in Louisiana. I'm so ashamed......

At least you don't have to worry about feminists attacking your because of the team you root for.

Silver&Black
10-19-2014, 03:34 PM

At least you don't have to worry about feminists attacking your because of the team you root for.

Touche....yeah you def have it worse.

Darth_Pelican
10-19-2014, 03:39 PM
Yep. Although, you have to admit: It would be hilarious for a 7-9 Saints team to host Seattle in the first round and beat them.

The truth is that 7-9 probably will win this division. I'd be embarrassed to have a 2014 division championship banner hanging in my stadium if that's the case :lol

spurraider21
10-25-2014, 02:10 PM
Tampa locks up McCoy to a monster deal. Damn

Silver&Black
10-25-2014, 02:15 PM
Tampa locks up McCoy to a monster deal. Damn

Best news I've seen all year....

That's a lot of $$$ though....you guys think he's worth it???

spurraider21
10-25-2014, 02:19 PM
He could be but it's worthless without a team around him. Can't remember the last time a team did anything with their best player being a defensive tackle

Silver&Black
10-25-2014, 02:39 PM
I agree with you. This is not a move that is going to win a SB. But hey....it's a start. A flood starts with a raindrop....

Pelicans78
10-26-2014, 03:58 PM
If the Saints don't win this division, Sean Payton should get fired. And the rest of the coaching staff.

Spur-Addict
10-26-2014, 04:05 PM
If the Saints don't win this division, Sean Payton should get fired. And the rest of the coaching staff.

I'm in agreement, they should take this division. Hard go of it this week, but they should do VERY well in the remaining division games.

Malik Hairston
10-26-2014, 04:13 PM
Saints are in great position if they win tonight IMO, which I think they will..

9-7 is a lock to win the division, and there's a decent chance that 8-8 could do it, tbh(or 8-7-1 in Carolina's case)..

Pelicans78
10-26-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm in agreement, they should take this division. Hard go of it this week, but they should do VERY well in the remaining division games.

Hell of a through by RW to win the game. You guys were making me nervous but I always thought you would pull it out.

thankfully the Saints have their toughest games left at home but they've looked average so far in the Dome.

Malik Hairston
10-26-2014, 04:17 PM
^^ Saints win tonight, tbh?..

Spur-Addict
10-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Hell of a through by RW to win the game. You guys were making me nervous but I always thought you would pull it out.

thankfully the Saints have their toughest games left at home but they've looked average so far in the Dome.

What kills me about us is that a lot of the mistakes we're making are correctable. Penalties, botched snaps, etc. Can't do anything about all the injuries, but we can at least play fundamentally sound. A win tonight and you guys will be will be fine but a loss isn't by any means the end of the world.

Pelicans78
10-26-2014, 04:28 PM
^^ Saints win tonight, tbh?..

My nerves say no being a fan. But the Packers shouldn't be able to stop them unless turnovers get in the way. Saints have only one corner but I think the front 4 will get pressure. Still I wouldn't bet on the Saints winning. However I'm picking them to win tonight.

Stressful night for me with both the Royals and Saints playing.

Pelicans78
10-26-2014, 04:30 PM
What kills me about us is that a lot of the mistakes we're making are correctable. Penalties, botched snaps, etc. Can't do anything about all the injuries, but we can at least play fundamentally sound. A win tonight and you guys will be will be fine but a loss isn't by any means the end of the world.

It's still early in the season. Plenty of time to tighten things up. I think you guys will go 11-5.

Spur-Addict
10-26-2014, 04:40 PM
It's still early in the season. Plenty of time to tighten things up. I think you guys will go 11-5.

That's precisely what I'm hoping for

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-26-2014, 05:31 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2393236/kbvssh.0.gif

Winner Thursday takes the division

Silver&Black
10-26-2014, 06:03 PM
I didn't even get mad when the Bucs lost today....I actually laughed and said that's what they deserve. This team is harder to watch than the World Series....

Serious question....do I go into full tanking mode now?? I mean the team has already gone into tanking mode. But should I??

Silver&Black
10-26-2014, 06:04 PM
My nerves say no being a fan. But the Packers shouldn't be able to stop them unless turnovers get in the way. Saints have only one corner but I think the front 4 will get pressure. Still I wouldn't bet on the Saints winning. However I'm picking them to win tonight.

Stressful night for me with both the Royals and Saints playing.

Good luck with that....

Get a bottle of jack...or a 12 pack...that always helped me.

resistanze
10-26-2014, 06:17 PM

Spur-Addict
10-26-2014, 07:00 PM
http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/2393236/kbvssh.0.gif

Winner Thursday takes the division

After I said good-game and everything? Come on son, you're not upset we've beat you on your own field 3 years in a row, are ya? :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
10-26-2014, 07:14 PM
After I said good-game and everything? Come on son, you're not upset we've beat you on your own field 3 years in a row, are ya? :lol

You guys won fair and square. Cam played like ass in the second half, but I've got to question the play-calling more than anything. Not once did we try to no huddle.

Still good game.

Spur-Addict
10-26-2014, 07:21 PM
You guys won fair and square. Cam played like ass in the second half, but I've got to question the play-calling more than anything. Not once did we try to no huddle.

Still good game.

It's hard being on the losing side of those close games. If we lost another nail biter I may have jumped through a window.

Silver&Black
10-26-2014, 10:13 PM
It's hard being on the losing side of those close games. If we lost another nail biter I may have jumped through a window.

LOL...good win but seriously....cry me a river. Only Bucs, Raiders, and Jags fans should feel like jumping through a window right now. You're the defending SB champs...it could be a lot worse....Trust me.

The only thing I can root for is the 1st pick in the draft next year...

Darth_Pelican
10-26-2014, 11:23 PM
Easy blowout win at home tonight. Clearly ref protected though according to some wonderful ST posters. It sucks that Brees had declining numbers though; 311 yards, 3 tds, 138.4 passer rating.... 20th straight home win, including playoffs.

After an 0-2 start, the Saints have finally climbed into 1st place in the division. Thursday night's game at Carolina is huge. The winner might as well win the South this season.

Clipper Nation
10-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Cam played like ass in the second half, but I've got to question the play-calling more than anything.

:lol Yeah, it's the "playcalling" that makes Cum suck... I think you've officially blamed everyone and everything BUT Cum for his failures now.

Pelicans78
10-26-2014, 11:40 PM
Easy blowout win at home tonight. Clearly ref protected though according to some wonderful ST posters. It sucks that Brees had declining numbers though; 311 yards, 3 tds, 138.4 passer rating.... 20th straight home win, including playoffs.

After an 0-2 start, the Saints have finally climbed into 1st place in the division. Thursday night's game at Carolina is huge. The winner might as well win the South this season.

More important for the Panthers to win this week. Hopefully the Saints avoid beating themselves and play like they're capable.

Spur-Addict
10-27-2014, 09:02 AM
LOL...good win but seriously....cry me a river. Only Bucs, Raiders, and Jags fans should feel like jumping through a window right now. You're the defending SB champs...it could be a lot worse....Trust me.

The only thing I can root for is the 1st pick in the draft next year...

This is true, it could be a lot worse. But when you've never won, and you finally break through, you want to hold onto that as long as you can. Didn't mean to seem ungrateful about the recent success by any means.

I thought you guys had so much promise, with the emergence of Doug Martin. But everything can change so fast in this game. Surely you can understand why I would react in such a way.

Spur-Addict
10-27-2014, 09:04 AM
More important for the Panthers to win this week. Hopefully the Saints avoid beating themselves and play like they're capable.

Ingram playing like that can certainly change the outlook of things going forward. He was certainly playing very well prior to the broken hand, but if he can relieve Bree's and take advantage of favorable fronts, then the Saints should be on their way to capturing the division crown IMO.

Pelicans78
10-27-2014, 10:37 AM
Ingram playing like that can certainly change the outlook of things going forward. He was certainly playing very well prior to the broken hand, but if he can relieve Bree's and take advantage of favorable fronts, then the Saints should be on their way to capturing the division crown IMO.

Yeah he has to stay healthy and Payton/Brees have to commit to the running game, especially on the road where crown noise can play a factor with calling signals at the line, etc. The defense will never be great, but they've been good enough the last two weeks especially if the offense plays to its potential. What worries me this Thursday night is the team falling behind early due to turnovers and poor play-calling just like the Cleveland loss. Stick with the running game and the team should be fine.

Spur-Addict
10-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Yeah he has to stay healthy and Payton/Brees have to commit to the running game, especially on the road where crown noise can play a factor with calling signals at the line, etc. The defense will never be great, but they've been good enough the last two weeks especially if the offense plays to its potential. What worries me this Thursday night is the team falling behind early due to turnovers and poor play-calling just like the Cleveland loss. Stick with the running game and the team should be fine.

As long as the defense doesn't give up more than 21 you should be ok. You certainly don't want to play catch-up either. Graham still doesn't look like himself, that would be concerning if I were an N.O fan, but there are so many options on that side of the ball. But one thing I have noticed is that when Cooks is a big part of the offensive scheme, the Saints win. When he isn't, they've lost. Aside from week one but that was a 3 point game. Not that it means anything, but it's just a general observation.

Pelicans78
10-27-2014, 11:02 AM
As long as the defense doesn't give up more than 21 you should be ok. You certainly don't want to play catch-up either. Graham still doesn't look like himself, that would be concerning if I were an N.O fan, but there are so many options on that side of the ball. But one thing I have noticed is that when Cooks is a big part of the offensive scheme, the Saints win. When he isn't, they've lost. Aside from week one but that was a 3 point game. Not that it means anything, but it's just a general observation.

Yeah Payton admitted he needed to give Cooks some more touches and it worked out last night. Graham did look alot better last night compared to last week especially after he caught a couple of passes and took a couple of hits. He seemed to be more comfortable in the 2nd half, but he definitely needs to get back to his old self. Payton used a 3 TE set last night which worked great since they had enough blockers for the running game and allowed Graham to make plays in the passing game. Never seen that before from the Saints.

The Gemini Method
10-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Too bad the Saints/Seahawks can't play 16 home games...

Silver&Black
10-27-2014, 05:57 PM
This is true, it could be a lot worse. But when you've never won, and you finally break through, you want to hold onto that as long as you can. Didn't mean to seem ungrateful about the recent success by any means.

I thought you guys had so much promise, with the emergence of Doug Martin. But everything can change so fast in this game. Surely you can understand why I would react in such a way.

Yeah...the Bucs won the 2002 SB. Then the next year traded away the entire team. We finally broke through...just to go back to the Yucks.

Kyle Orton
10-27-2014, 06:37 PM
Yeah...the Bucs won the 2002 SB. Then the next year traded away the entire team. We finally broke through...just to go back to the Yucks.
Nigga we in the group too. We fuckin suck and have sucked ass since I was born in 93

Silver&Black
10-27-2014, 06:47 PM
Nigga we in the group too. We fuckin suck and have sucked ass since I was born in 93

Ok....you're in. Welcome to the My NFL Football team blows club.....

Spur-Addict
10-28-2014, 03:09 PM
Bucs want a 2nd round pick for 31 year Vincent Jackson? Yeah that's not happening.

Spur-Addict
10-28-2014, 03:22 PM
Mark Barron traded to the Rams

Kawhi
10-28-2014, 04:06 PM
NFC South has 2 wins this month :lol

Pelicans78
10-28-2014, 04:33 PM
If Saints win this Thursday, they will end up winning at least 10 games.

Silver&Black
10-28-2014, 05:31 PM
NFC South has 2 wins this month :lol

Not necessarily....the NFC South already has one tie under its belt. You of all people should know....

Kawhi
10-28-2014, 06:01 PM
Not necessarily....the NFC South already has one tie under its belt. You of all people should know....

Tie=/=win

Silver&Black
10-29-2014, 01:36 AM
Tie=/=win

You're right...sorry I read your original comment wrong. My fault...Have mercy on a fellow poster.

BTW...what are you doing in this thread? This thread is for terrible football teams only. You and your Bengals don't deserve to be in this shitty thread. It actually makes you look bad to be hanging around with the likes of the the NFC South teams. C'mon Kawhi...you're better than this. Leave us the hell alone...:lmao

Pelicans78
10-30-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm assuming we can close this thread since this division is wrapped up.

Silver&Black
10-30-2014, 10:36 PM
I'm assuming we can close this thread since this division is wrapped up.

Fine with me....

Silver&Black
11-09-2014, 09:28 PM
Not so fast Pelicans78....

The NFC South is still a 3 team battle. That Carolina tie might end up turning into a "win" at the end of the year. However, I still think the Saints have the inside track to win the division.

Pelicans78
11-09-2014, 09:53 PM
Saints host Atlanta and Carolina later this year so that will create some separation. I don't think the Panthers will do better than 7-8-1. Atlanta won't get to .500 either. Saints will be favored in 5 of their remaining 7 games.

Darth_Pelican
11-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Tough loss today but the Saints will be fine. Even in the loss, the team has continued to improve and their running game has been good and consistent. I could see these teams facing off again in the playoffs.

DPG21920
11-09-2014, 11:06 PM
Tough loss today but the Saints will be fine. Even in the loss, the team has continued to improve and their running game has been good and consistent. I could see these teams facing off again in the playoffs.

Ingram is playing so damn well. They should maybe look to get him involved in the pass game more. Cadet hasn't proven to be anything special. But Ingram is already getting so many touches.

Malik Hairston
11-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Crazy that the shitty Falcons are still in the mix:lol...

Darth_Pelican
11-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Ingram is playing so damn well. They should maybe look to get him involved in the pass game more. Cadet hasn't proven to be anything special. But Ingram is already getting so many touches.

Hopefully Pierre Thomas will be back soon for some receptions out of the backfield and so Ingram isn't worn out from overuse.

Darth_Pelican
11-09-2014, 11:10 PM
There's no dominant team in the NFC this year. Yeah GB looks great tonight but the Saints blew them out. Seattle is no longer invincible. The Cards and Eagles both lost their QBs.

Malik Hairston
11-10-2014, 01:44 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24794102/sorting-the-sunday-pile-nfc-south-continues-shame-spiral-in-week-10

Worst division in NFL history?

Silver&Black
11-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Why do the Bucs suck so fucking bad? A smarter man than me will have to figure that one out.....

Any ideas.....?

The Gemini Method
11-11-2014, 05:55 PM
There's no dominant team in the NFC this year. Yeah GB looks great tonight but the Saints blew them out. Seattle is no longer invincible. The Cards and Eagles both lost their QBs.

That may be the case. But you are horrid outside of the dome and now you're not "invincible" at that dome either. Luckily, you are in front of the worst division in the league so you have that going for you.

Spur-Addict
11-11-2014, 07:04 PM
That may be the case. But you are horrid outside of the dome and now you're not "invincible" at that dome either. Luckily, you are in front of the worst division in the league so you have that going for you.

Something under your name needs a changin'

The Gemini Method
11-11-2014, 07:11 PM
Something under your name needs a changin'

Yeah, I'm trying to think of what to put

Spur-Addict
11-17-2014, 12:28 PM
Brandin Cooks out a month, that's just about (almost) the rest of the regular season. Broken thumb

Avante
11-17-2014, 12:37 PM
None of these teams can play on the road and since it;s obvious nobody here is getting a home game........done!

Aztecfan03
11-17-2014, 12:39 PM
someone will win the division with 6 wins.

The Gemini Method
11-17-2014, 01:00 PM
7-9 redo probably...

Darth_Pelican
11-17-2014, 01:07 PM
None of these teams can play on the road and since it;s obvious nobody here is getting a home game........done!

The division champion gets a home playoff game.

Spur-Addict
11-17-2014, 01:14 PM
The division champion gets a home playoff game.

:rollin

KoolAid Mans Brother
11-17-2014, 04:50 PM

:lmao 'NFL Historian" doesn't even know that the division winner gets a home playoff game regardless of their record

Silver&Black
11-17-2014, 06:12 PM
:lmao Steelers
:lmao Redskins

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-14-2014, 04:36 PM
NFC SOUTH
W (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/wins)
L (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/losses)
T (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/ties)
PCT (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/order/false)
HOME (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/homeWinPercent)
ROAD (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/roadWinPercent)
DIV (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/divisionWinPercent)
CONF (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/leagueWinPercent)
PF (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/pointsFor)
PA (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/pointsAgainst/order/false)
DIFF
STRK (http://espn.go.com/nfl/standings/_/sort/streak)

Carolina (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/car/carolina-panthers)
3-4
2-4-1
3-2
5-6
Won 2

New Orleans (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/no/new-orleans-saints)
3-4
2-4
2-2
4-5
Lost 1

Atlanta (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/atl/atlanta-falcons)
3-4
2-5
4-0
5-5
Lost 2

Tampa Bay (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/tb/tampa-bay-buccaneers)
0-6
2-6
0-5
1-9
Lost 4

:)

benefactor
12-14-2014, 04:37 PM
A real QB under center helps, tbh. Good win for you guys today.

spurraider21
12-14-2014, 04:39 PM
:lol 3-8-1 with Cam

Silver&Black
12-14-2014, 04:55 PM
I feel dirty every time I enter this thread....

Fucking awful division. I am embarrassed to be a part of it. And what drives me absolutely fucking crazy is my team is the worst fucking team in the worst fucking division of all time. Tired of rooting for these losers...tbh.

FUCK!!!! Fire everybody. The coach, the GM, the Owner, the fans, the players, the mascot, the waterboy, etc.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-14-2014, 05:03 PM
I feel dirty every time I enter this thread....

Fucking awful division. I am embarrassed to be a part of it. And what drives me absolutely fucking crazy is my team is the worst fucking team in the worst fucking division of all time. Tired of rooting for these losers...tbh.

FUCK!!!! Fire everybody. The coach, the GM, the Owner, the fans, the players, the mascot, the waterboy, etc.
To be fair, I think all the teams have talent, they just underachieved big time. Each team has a very impressive win or two...

Silver&Black
12-14-2014, 05:06 PM
To be fair, I think all the teams have talent, they just underachieved big time. Each team has a very impressive win or two...

Thanks man. This makes me feel a lot better about my situation...

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-14-2014, 05:10 PM
Thanks man. This makes me feel a lot better about my situation...

If we win the division, we get no higher than the 21st pick. It's not all sunshine bro.

Silver&Black
12-14-2014, 07:13 PM
If we win the division, we get no higher than the 21st pick. It's not all sunshine bro.

I'm at a loss for words....

Pelicans78
12-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Saints control their own destiny but need to win out in my opinion.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-15-2014, 10:36 PM
Saints control their own destiny but need to win out in my opinion.

Looks like NO will live to see another day in the lead.

For some reason I'm not as worried. It seems like every year they lose a meaningful game at the end. I think Atlanta might get them.

I don't know why I have confidence.. maybe it's because we have played great lately with an easy schedule and have some really impressive performances this year. I think it comes down to Atlanta/Carolina in week 17.

But if we lose it, I can't say anything. Truth is we had so many chances to take the lead in the division with poor results. The loss at home to ATL, the tie to Cincy.... the lost to the mother fucking Vikings... Just can't have that

mojorizen7
12-16-2014, 12:58 AM
Hoping AZ loses out, draws the NFC South winner and gets embarrassed.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-21-2014, 05:43 PM
Respect to the Saints fans.. wasn't ya'lls year.

ATL and Carolina really do not like each other.. at ALL. Should be a good fight to the finish

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-21-2014, 08:16 PM
Jonathan Stewart: 11 GP 760 yards 4.8 ypc

:cry I missed you Stewy

weebo
12-21-2014, 08:56 PM
What a putrid division. The NFL should keep any team that's under .500 from making the playoffs.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-21-2014, 08:57 PM
What a putrid division. The NFL should keep any team that's under .500 from making the playoffs.

Too bad noone gives a fuck about what you think.

weebo
12-21-2014, 08:59 PM
You did. You responded.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
12-21-2014, 09:00 PM
You did. You responded.

How does that indicate that I give a fuck? My team can make the playoffs. I'm jolly as hell

Silver&Black
12-21-2014, 09:42 PM
http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/ap-buccaneers-falcons-football_002.jpg?w=1200