PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable play of the playoffs?

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-08-2014, 04:53 PM
#1 Kawhi puts in the monster put-back against Miami in G4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpv4JPPTjhM

#2 Manu Ginobili's monster dunk on Chris Bosh in G5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdHsowOBYDs

#3 Tim Duncan's clutch bank shot to take a 3 pt lead vs OKC in G6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r2qx9X3AC8

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-08-2014, 04:54 PM
#4 Manu's clutch 3 to give SA 1 point lead in G6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FaPc-1wcCM

#5 Kawhi Leonard crazy block on Westbrook in G6

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1O3pq0KyXQ

#6 Boris Diaw clutch 3 vs. Dallas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klXxcPOgByk

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 04:59 PM
leonard's block and duncan's turnaround clincher was the best sequence

baseline bum
09-08-2014, 05:00 PM

Chinook
09-08-2014, 05:12 PM
Something that Green did.

timtonymanu
09-08-2014, 05:23 PM
Most memorable play for me is Leonard's putback.

The most important play though is definitely Leonard's block plus Duncan's game winner.

Frankie23
09-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Every play was big, but i'm choosing Manu's 3 pointer to get the lead in OKC..

Prime Time
09-08-2014, 05:53 PM
The Game 5 sequence with Tiago's block, Patty's consecutive threes, then with Manu finishing it off with another three will be with me until I die. It was also the moment I lost my voice.

But as for a single play alone, it has to be Kawhi's block. OKC was destined to win that game, they wouldn't give up. OKC down by 1, the huge Ibaka block, the crowd screaming at an all time high, Westbrook on the fast break, it was DVD Championship material. But that Kawhi defensive play was just a big F-U to fate itself.

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 05:57 PM
:lol... i was assuming you'd cite an arbitrary play where the Green-Splitter duo adequately defended a pick and roll

Chinook
09-08-2014, 06:02 PM
:lol... i was assuming you'd cite an arbitrary play where the Green-Splitter duo adequately defended a pick and roll

I'm sure everyone remembers that rebound he got against Dallas. I mean, you know the one.

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 06:03 PM
I'm sure everyone remembers that rebound he got against Dallas. I mean, you know the one.
It was good recognition, good box out. Did everything the right way. It personified everything the Spurs are about.

Leetonidas
09-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Initially I would've said Manu's dunk with Leonard's putback being right behind it, but the more I think the more I wanna put Duncan's bank shot up there. Spurs were in a tight spot and if OKC won that game who knows what happens in the end. I'm one of the people who thought if the Spurs made it back to Miami they would beat them anyway, so Duncan essentially being able to put them there again is big, especially knowing what it meant to him and the fact that he turned back the clock in that OT. You knew once the Spurs pulled that shit out they were locked in and weren't going to lose to Miami.

Just my two cents tbh...

Obstructed_View
09-08-2014, 07:39 PM
The Duncan turnaround was memorable, but when it was set up by Kawhi's strip of Westbrick, it edges out my next-favorite, which is Kawhi's dunk on Ibaka.

Silver&Black
09-08-2014, 07:42 PM
Prob the block on Westbrook.....that play more than likely saved the game/series/championship.

The putback dunk was when we were up by 20....it didn't save the game.

Dex
09-08-2014, 07:59 PM
Duncan's shot was my favorite, tbh.

Ginobili's 3 in OKC was absolutely huge, as was his dunk on Allen/Bosh. Both had me yelling.

But Timmy's bouncer over Ibaka was a series-clinching shot in OT after a quarter and a half of crazy, intense playoff basketball. It got us into the Finals. I said before the OKC series that they would be a bigger challenge than Miami, and that proved to be the case.

It's worth noting that at this point of the game, I was pacing frantically in my living room, screaming instructions at the TV, and just generally getting a lot of weird looks from my girlfriend after the Spurs had squandered a 4th quarter lead and scrapped into overtime on Ginobili's three. The only time I may have ever been engaged more in something on TV was the Dagger in Detroit.

Personally, it was also vindication for all those shots that hit back iron, or bounced out, or swirled the rim for Tim like they did at the end of regulation in Game 5 in Detroit, or his layup in Game 7 in Miami. For once, he finally got the bounce, and it brought us 5.

Proxy
09-08-2014, 08:05 PM
Kawhi's block on WB was the most important for sure, but Manu's dunk on Bosh was when I knew it was over and the moment I naturally remember first when thinking back on it all.

Leetonidas
09-08-2014, 08:09 PM
Duncan's shot was my favorite, tbh.

Ginobili's 3 in OKC was absolutely huge, as was his dunk on Allen/Bosh. Both had me yelling.

But Timmy's bouncer over Ibaka was a series-clinching shot in OT after a quarter and a half of crazy, intense playoff basketball. It got us into the Finals. I said before the OKC series that they would be a bigger challenge than Miami, and that proved to be the case.

It's worth noting that at this point of the game, I was pacing frantically in my living room, screaming instructions at the TV, and just generally getting a lot of weird looks from my girlfriend after the Spurs had squandered a 4th quarter lead and scrapped into overtime on Ginobili's three. The only time I may have ever been engaged more in something on TV was the Dagger in Detroit.

Personally, it was also vindication for all those shots that hit back iron, or bounced out, or swirled the rim for Tim like they did at the end of regulation in Game 5 in Detroit, or his layup in Game 7 in Miami. For once, he finally got the bounce, and it brought us 5.

http://x4.fjcdn.com/comments/+_afd98bb614e246882a5e556ba0778449.jpg

TheyCallMePro
09-08-2014, 08:16 PM
I chose Manu's dunk over Bosh.

Would have gone with Kawhi's block on Westbrook had that play not been complete and utter luck. Don't know why Westbrook didn't have the ball higher. It's not like he didn't have time after he caught it. Was just another boneheaded play by him.

Kager
09-08-2014, 08:50 PM
leonard's block and duncan's turnaround clincher was the best sequence
This

Sean Cagney
09-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Diaws three........ As the Announcer said after that, HUGE.

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 09:45 PM
Diaws three........ As the Announcer said after that, HUGE.
eh, 10 years from now that certainly won't be the "the play" we remember that will defined our 2014 postseason run

dabom
09-08-2014, 09:50 PM
I liked kawhi's dunk on ibaka after sidestepping KD and russ.

bus driver
09-08-2014, 09:59 PM
Gino's dunk cause i was there to see it live

:lobt2::flag::lobt2:

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 10:05 PM
still the most underrated play of the postseason on 2 levels

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiJCEB8_Beg

dav4463
09-08-2014, 10:09 PM
I loved all of them but the one I enjoyed the most was Splitter's block on Wade!

look_at_g_shred
09-08-2014, 10:12 PM
Finals game 3 first half
Kawhi's block on wb
duncan go ahead shot over jackson
Greens 4-point play in game 6 vs OKC

Sean Cagney
09-08-2014, 10:28 PM
eh, 10 years from now that certainly won't be the "the play" we remember that will defined our 2014 postseason run
Without that play the Spurs are not in round two, fans will remember it if they saw that game and knew the significance of it. Without that play there is NONE of those other plays some speak of. People will remember the Gino three to beat GSW that game one which propelled them in that series they won 4-2 so why won't they remember Diaws three? Both lead them to the finals IMO, without that shot they are not even in round two, believe that. That play might not have defined it but it was the biggest play IMO in a series.

How about Pop starting Bonner the next game and Diaw in the second half to open up the lane? That was just as big as this play that got them fired up for that game 5. Slept on move there from Pop.

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 10:30 PM
Without that play the Spurs are not in round two, fans will remember it if they saw that game and knew the significance of it. Without that play there is NONE of those other plays some speak of. People will remember the Gino three to beat GSW that game one which propelled them in that series they won 4-2 so why won't they remember Diaws three? Both lead them to the finals IMO, without that shot they are not even in round two, believe that. That play might not have defined it but it was the biggest play IMO in a series.
gino's 3 was a buzzer beater in double overtime when we were down :lol

bobo hit a big 3, but it was a tie game with 30+ seconds left

Sean Cagney
09-08-2014, 10:31 PM
gino's 3 was a buzzer beater in double overtime when we were down :lol

bobo hit a big 3, but it was a tie game with 30+ seconds left

That is true there, but honestly I agree not the most memorable play but on a few levels easily one of the most or most important plays in years in a series that could have gone either way. That shot was HUGE, it put them ahead for good that game if I am correct, right after an Ellis 3 pt play. If we lose that game we probably bow out in 6.

If Bobo misses that shot I can see them going down the floor and Ellis getting fouled or some crap to put them ahead, things were NOT going our way at all until that shot late.

Chinook
09-08-2014, 10:33 PM

The actual play of the tourney for me. Scrub PG turning into Jack the Giantslayer when his teammates seemed down and out. Earned his ring on one play.

spurraider21
09-08-2014, 10:37 PM
That is true there, but honestly I agree not the most memorable play but on a few levels easily one of the most or most important plays in years in a series that could have gone either way. That shot was HUGE, it put them ahead for good that game if I am correct, right after an Ellis 3 pt play. If we lose that game we probably bow out in 6.

If Bobo misses that shot I can see them going down the floor and Ellis getting fouled or some crap to put them ahead, things were NOT going our way at all until that shot late.
we still could have won/lost... its completely unknown. even if dallas scored and took a lead there would have been time on the clock to answer.

wildcardX
09-08-2014, 10:52 PM

I remember him catching fire in Game 1 so the Spurs could pull away. Plus he made his layups, not sure what game(s) though.

itzsoweezee
09-08-2014, 11:01 PM
Most memorable was probably the Kawhi putback dunk. But the Ginobili 3 was probably the important play in the playoffs.

Sean Cagney
09-08-2014, 11:04 PM
we still could have won/lost... its completely unknown. even if dallas scored and took a lead there would have been time on the clock to answer.

Man the shot was huge! I know what might have happened etc. etc. Do you think though after blowing that huge lead the Spurs have and to go down late would have helped with morale though? They could not buy a bucket, that was a huge shot and one of the biggest if not the biggest single shot of the playoffs. Most memorable play I agree NO, but it will be one that possibly changed the course of a series for the Spurs. Go down 3-1 FORGET IT, no dunk from Corey no this or that, it's over.

That is my biggest play of the playoffs, my opinion on that there. Was it flashy or sexy like a dunk? NOPE, but it was big.
Most memorable was probably the Kawhi putback dunk. But the Ginobili 3 was probably the important play in the playoffs.

Like I said before Diaws before that was huge, but I agree Ginobilis is top 3 easily in the playoffs. Spurs were once again struggling to score down the stretch on both of those plays, Ginobilis three when they could not score was just flat out huge. If Ginobili misses that a game 7 looms after a blown series clincher and anything can happen there. These two are my faves I mentioned as far as single shots go, period.

smaka
09-09-2014, 05:42 AM
Definitely Kawhi's block. Was the first thing that came to my mind, before I even opened the thread.

exstatic
09-09-2014, 07:36 AM
The actual play of the tourney for me. Scrub PG turning into Jack the Giantslayer when his teammates seemed down and out. Earned his ring on one play.

ALL of the bench earned their rings in the second half of that game by forcing WB and Durant to play 40 plus while our key players were resting for the next game. That was HUGE.

hyhy
09-09-2014, 07:58 AM
I like the fact that ALL of the spurs actually did something important in our run to 5.
All of them earned the ring.

Budkin
09-09-2014, 11:14 AM

5!!!

look_at_g_shred
09-09-2014, 12:35 PM
5!!!
5!!!

will_spurs
09-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Kawhi's steal on WB (see my sig) was the one I thought about when opening this thread.

I like to see CoJo's dunk on Ibaka being mentioned, I felt this was a turning point in that series.

lefty
09-09-2014, 12:38 PM
Manu's dunk on Bosh

That was vintage, and his game face was on

pookenstein
09-10-2014, 06:05 AM
I go with the Manu dunk on Bosh. Although one, or some, of the other plays might have been more important, this is the most memorable for me. As soon as I saw it, I knew that there would be no way Miami could beat us in the championship clincher.

look_at_g_shred
09-10-2014, 09:32 AM
Damn it's crazy how little recognition Manu's clutch 3 gets. That was huge!

urunobili
09-11-2014, 12:36 PM
If the poll was the most "Important" play not the most "Memorable" Manu's 3 would be top 3... but as "Memorable" I believe that most of us started to believe in #5 when he dunked on Bosh...

MultiTroll
09-11-2014, 12:42 PM
"Memorable" for me was when Patty horked his second of the back to back treys.
I knew then the realization of 5 was coming down.

ginobilized
09-11-2014, 06:10 PM
Gm 5 of the Finals Kawhi's pull-up 3 was another memorable, and ballsy, play. Gave us our first lead and set the table for the trophy.
That was a memorable moment for me since I was in the house at the AT&T center.

Realistically, that block on Westbrook was otherworldly and would be number 1 followed by Manu's 3.

Splits
09-11-2014, 07:56 PM
Manu's dunk in game 5 might be the most memorable individual play, but the fact that he followed it up with a step-back 3 on the next possession makes it even more important as a sequence. Heat franchise was terminated after those 2 plays.

5JNr1O8QCZI

MI21
09-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Not the most important plays, but some ones that I will never forget that are less "famous" than a lot mentioned.

Boris embarrassing the entire arena...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qthizpLjzSk

Up big late yet still showing that hustle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7CYc44mTAo

Left handed, one handed swivel move into inside out yoyo dribble and then smash on the NBA's best shotblocker. Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mltzdHc3f0w

MI21
09-11-2014, 08:23 PM
Danny Green shitting on Miami in Q4 of Game 1.. particularly the one hand smash on Rashard Lewis seen at 1:39 of video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXuouUlwXS0

spurs10
09-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Sakes alive this is the hardest multiple choice test I've ever taken. I vote for an "all of the above" option.

dabom
09-11-2014, 08:39 PM
If the poll was the most "Important" play not the most "Memorable" Manu's 3 would be top 3... but as "Memorable" I believe that most of us started to believe in #5 when he dunked on Bosh...

Nah. The westbrook block was the most important play too.

tmtcsc
09-11-2014, 09:27 PM
This shot was pretty monumental even though it didn't go in. Kawhi shat all over the Heat in this game:

http://youtu.be/fk-3IY9vUaM

dabom
09-11-2014, 09:30 PM
This shot was pretty monumental even though it didn't go in. Kawhi shat all over the Heat in this game:

http://youtu.be/fk-3IY9vUaM

That would have been the second best dunk right behind the ibaka dunk. But both so fucking awesome.

Salty
09-11-2014, 10:19 PM
That would have been the second best dunk right behind the ibaka dunk. But both so fucking awesome.

This would've been one of the all time greatest dunks in Finals history.

2centsworth
09-12-2014, 01:29 AM
:toast

2centsworth
09-12-2014, 01:35 AM
Most memorable will be Manu's dunk. 20 years from now I'll remember that play. Most significant I vote Diaw's clutch shot. Always good for players to see their first truly clutch shot of the playoffs go in.

Chillen
09-12-2014, 05:50 AM
The Ginobili dunk on Bosh in game 5 because at that point Miami knew it was over. It was one of the best of Manu's career and he followed it up with a crucial 3 pointer, just huge. The Leonard block in game 6 vs OKC was also huge.

mudyez
09-14-2014, 08:06 AM
most memorable: the Manu dunk!
most important: the Kawhi block in the WCF.

mudyez
09-14-2014, 08:15 AM
Also love the zick zack passing sequence from game 6 of the WCF and the passing sequence from game 4 of the Finals (downscreens on both sides...in the end Thiago to Diaw for the dunk)...just to name the two that stick out for me.

exstatic
09-14-2014, 08:48 AM

The Finals ended with Kawhi's putback in Gm 4. We had beaten their asses in game 3, and that dunk put us up 22 near halftime in their house and elicited a chorus of boos from their "fans". It was over.

Blizzardwizard
09-14-2014, 09:29 AM
For me it's the Ginobili three. A clutch three pointer, especially in the playoffs, is my favourite play of any in basketball.

mudyez
09-14-2014, 09:38 AM
lets name the 6 game stretch (WCFgame6-->game5 of the finals)

WCFgame6: "The Timmy brings us home Game"
FinalsGame1: "The Cramp Game" or "Danny wakes up Game"
FinalsGame2: "The FT-sucker Game"
FinalsGame3: "Out of this world offensive first half Game" or "Kawhi insane Game"
FinalsGame4: ???
FinalsGame5: ???

Captivus
09-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Left handed, one handed swivel move into inside out yoyo dribble and then smash on the NBA's best shotblocker. Really?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mltzdHc3f0w

There should be thread about "Big 3s" getting owned in the same play.