PDA

View Full Version : How would you rank Leonard in the all-time greats list if he wins three straight FMVP

apalisoc_9
09-09-2014, 11:10 PM
We all know it's a huge possiblity specially if Dunan, Parker continue to play they way they do...

Say out of those three finals MVP, he didn't score 20 points or more in a single season..

dabom
09-09-2014, 11:15 PM
Top 20 greatest players.

Russo21
09-09-2014, 11:30 PM
Hold on there Sparky, hold on.

z0sa
09-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Can we start with 2 plz

RD2191
09-09-2014, 11:35 PM

capek
09-09-2014, 11:44 PM
:lmao

mudyez
09-09-2014, 11:46 PM
About 1/3 there.

Just like the Sixers making the playoffs this season come april.

anakha
09-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Easy there, Seabiscuit.

hater
09-10-2014, 12:07 AM
stupid thread imo

apalisoc_9
09-10-2014, 12:29 AM
when I said Kawhi was going to win FMVP just after his rookie year, everyone said i was delusional and stupid...

We will see..

dabom
09-10-2014, 12:35 AM
when I said Kawhi was going to win FMVP just after his rookie year, everyone said i was delusional and stupid...

We will see..

I knew he was special after his rookie season too.

bluebellmaniac
09-10-2014, 12:37 AM
We all know it's a huge possiblity specially if Dunan, Parker continue to play they way they do...

Say out of those three finals MVP, he didn't score 20 points or more in a single season..

Why stop there? Where would he rank with 7 Finals MVPs, 5 Scoring Titles, 4 DPOY, finds a cure for cancer and learns to play the harmonica? He'd definitely be in my top three...

dabom
09-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Why stop there? Where would he rank with 7 Finals MVPs, 5 Scoring Titles, 4 DPOY, finds a cure for cancer and learns to play the harmonica? He'd definitely be in my top three...

Top 3 what though? Suspense is killing me.

TheGreatYacht
09-10-2014, 02:43 AM
OP is a faggot

cjw
09-10-2014, 09:37 AM
I know the Kawhi-Pippen comparisons have been thrown about here in the past, but they showed game 4 of the '93 Finals on NBA TV the other night and the similarities were pretty striking. Let's not forget Pippen came into the league at the age Kawhi was last season and played all those early years with Jordan. Kawhi is a more efficient scorer (could be the system) and a better shooter, both rebound above the 90th percentile for the position, and are top defenders - Pippen being one of the best of all time. Pippen was a great passer as well, but once again, this didn't develop overnight. In those finals, Pippen was 27 and in year six.

Having barely seen those games in my youth, it was great to see Barkley's court antics (reactions to ref calls) and what a ridiculous offensive force he was / shooting range, and that Suns team was way more stacked than any of the Nash-era ones. Despite putting up 50+, Jordan also played like a dud down the stretch and BJ Armstrong bailed him out in that game with a timely steal.

Fireball
09-10-2014, 10:16 AM
that must have been the third straight shitty post regarding Kawhi in a row ... so I rank you Top 5 in the All-Time Faggots list to start threads on ST

100%duncan
09-10-2014, 10:37 AM
that must have been the third straight shitty post regarding Kawhi in a row ... so I rank you Top 5 in the All-Time Faggots list to start threads on ST

Kawhi is a better shooter than Klay tbh..?

spurspokesman
09-10-2014, 10:41 AM

wildchild
09-10-2014, 10:46 AM
Kawhi played 7 less minutes per game and took 6 less shots per game than Klay Thompson. While still averaging more rebound, same assists, more steals, and more blocks per game with better efficiency.

wildchild
09-10-2014, 10:47 AM
I know the Kawhi-Pippen comparisons have been thrown about here in the past, but they showed game 4 of the '93 Finals on NBA TV the other night and the similarities were pretty striking. Let's not forget Pippen came into the league at the age Kawhi was last season and played all those early years with Jordan. Kawhi is a more efficient scorer (could be the system) and a better shooter, both rebound above the 90th percentile for the position, and are top defenders - Pippen being one of the best of all time. Pippen was a great passer as well, but once again, this didn't develop overnight. In those finals, Pippen was 27 and in year six.

Having barely seen those games in my youth, it was great to see Barkley's court antics (reactions to ref calls) and what a ridiculous offensive force he was / shooting range, and that Suns team was way more stacked than any of the Nash-era ones. Despite putting up 50+, Jordan also played like a dud down the stretch and BJ Armstrong bailed him out in that game with a timely steal.

:tu

KL2
09-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Top 20 for sure. He was solid in the Finals the first time around against the Heat, 15 PPG & 11 RPG 2 SPG 51% from the field with great defense against LBJ.

He was easily one of the best players that series and could've won finals MVP had they given him the ball more, this could be his 2nd by now. He hasn't had a ton of experience despite his 3 years in the NBA either. They had the lockout his rookie year and no training camp, 2nd year he sat out to rest his knee for a while and missed some more games (played 58 games that year), this year he broke his hand and was out for months.

He also plays limited minutes, just 28 MPG his entire career, out of the 246 RS games in 3 years he's played in 188 of them. He's only going to get better with more experience, I can see him leading this team for years to come.

TheyCallMePro
09-10-2014, 03:06 PM
Well I'd certainly rank him far above anyone else who doesn't have any rings. To name them: Chris Paul, Steve Nash, Charles Barkley, Kevin Durant, Allen Iverson, Reggie Miller, Dominque Wilkins, Patrick Ewing, John Stockton and Karl Malone. All of those guys would automatically be eliminated. There's no way you can consider someone who's never won a ring better than a 3 time, and 3 straight Finals MVP (assuming he wins 3 straight rings as well).

I don't know why people are so quick to dismiss the ring argument. The reason Horry has so many rings is because he was Big Shot Bob, and the Lakers and Spurs owe him at least 3 of their Championships. The fact is none of the players listed above were capable of rising to the occasion and finishing the deal. Your legacy should be defined by championships. Nothing else.

Beaverfuzz
09-10-2014, 05:20 PM

Probably #32 on the list...just ahead of Harold Miner.