PDA

View Full Version : Where Were You This Day (9/11)

Huey Freeman
09-11-2014, 01:32 AM
Tbh

I was in High-school passing period (freshman at August Martin) when I first heard about a plane flying into one of the trade center towers (I was sitting in the cafeteria). I remember everyone was sorta blowing it off until the 2nd plane hit, I guess the shit got real. I remember seeing the smoke when the towers fell when we went outside, shit was surreal. I remember the the lawlessness that day (it lasted almost 2 weeks). I remeber this day more vividly then any other day in my past including yesterday (I remember every detail). I didn't loose any love ones that day though. A lady who lived down the hall from us lost her husband. There was of course those I went to school with who lost a parent or a close relative. I knew a girl who lost her both her parents. None of my close friends lost any love ones. True story, a close friend of mine has a mom who worked in the South Tower, but was laid off a week before the planes hit. Shits crazy.

DJR210
09-11-2014, 02:02 AM
Woke up that day at 5 pm, and went to my Uncle's house to help him with some shit. As soon as I get there he tells me "we're going to war"..

To that point I was unaware of Al-Qaeda or Bin Laden. I went to a friends house and we must have smoked two packs of blunts, glued to the TV watching the coverage until 2-3 in the morning.

TE
09-11-2014, 02:25 AM
Was in sixth grade getting blasted by a teacher for not being on task. Then another teacher walks in and announces there's been a tragedy. They rolled in a TV and we began to watch live coverage from CNN. We were about two minutes in when the second plane appeared on screen colliding with the South Tower.

For me it's also a day I remember quite well. I recall everything about that day and the days after...can't say the same about other days.

spurraider21
09-11-2014, 02:26 AM
was in 5th grade... i didnt see live coverage of the 2nd plane, saw it when i got home. my mom was terrified

Avante
09-11-2014, 02:59 AM
I'm out in the garage knocking out some bench press when Judy......you need to come see this. I ....ok as soon as I finish this set. She...I think you better come now.

At first I just thought a plane simply crashed into the Trade Center, then we all found out what was really going on. After 9/11 I went to the library, I had to know what kind of world that was over there that had lunatics like this. I found out.

Jacob1983
09-11-2014, 03:02 AM
Senior year of high school. I was in an intro to accounting class and the old granny librarian barged in and said "a plane crashed into the World Trade Center". At first, we thought it was just an accident. Then the 2nd one and we were like "World War III". At my shitty high school, we didn't have tv and this was 2001 so the internet especially videos were slow as fuck. We basically just listened to the news on the radio and I think we were listening when it was announced the first and second towers collapsed. I also remember us basically being in the cafeteria for the rest of the day after our first class. We didn't do anything just sat in the cafeteria.

2pac > Kobe
09-11-2014, 03:05 AM
i got picked up from school early, then i probably played some nintendo 64 while shit was going down

lebomb
09-11-2014, 06:52 AM
I was at work when I heard on the radio that a plane hit the tower. A bit later I heard a second one hit the other tower. Right then and there I knew it was terrorism. Our company went into the break room and watched the coverage. About an hour later our company owner sent everyone home. I watched the events unfold the rest of the day at home.

JoeTait75
09-11-2014, 07:22 AM
I was working at a call center in Twinsburg, Ohio. I was late that day because I'd been up late the previous night with a lady friend. I was supposed to be in at 8:00 but I didn't get in until 8:30 or so. By the time I got there the first plane had already hit the World Trade Center. I thought at first it was a Cessna or something like that; then the second plane hit and everyone knew something was seriously wrong.

RD2191
09-11-2014, 07:47 AM
Mr. McCormick's 5th grade History class. I remember he left class for a minute and came back in and took us all to the library where there were a couple of TV carts set up. He talked about how this event would change the world. We saw the 2nd plane hit live. I remember walking home with my sister after school and talking about war and how long it would last. She said 10 years and I laughed and said no way it will last 10 years.

mouse
09-11-2014, 07:53 AM
Was online talking to some friends when someone mentioned inside job......

baseline bum
09-11-2014, 08:02 AM
Figured the US was going to carpet bomb Afghanistan that night. I have to say it was nice flying right after 9/11, since my plane was fucking empty the day after flights were allowed to resume. So no having to sit next to Fat Bastard, crying baby, or skanky desparate old bitch that flight.

mrsmaalox
09-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Living in Md. just dropped my 2 little ones at school, in my kitchen making breakfast for my toddler. Phone rings, it's my husband calling from a subway station on his way to his job at the Surgeon General's office at the Pentagon, "Something's happening! Turn on the tv and tell me what you see!" I told him I saw "a plane sticking out of the side of a skyscraper, looks like NYC" then "oh my gawd another one just hit!" and he said "go to the ATM get all the money you can, fill up the car with gas and get the kids, I'll call you from the office". I was so confused, I didn't know why he was saying that. I don't remember how much time passed while I got myself and my baby ready, all the while watching the coverage when I heard Bryant Gumble's voice quiver softly "oh my God, the Pentagon. The Pentagon has been hit". My head was spinning, I almost collapsed. I was frantically dialing my husband's cell phone and office but no answers. Then the governor came on, ordered all the schools closed and I had to leave to get my kids. The school was chaos with cars and people running in and out---but everyone was totally silent. No words being spoken but lots being said with the eyes. I tried to calmly explain to the kids what we were doing, went to the ATM, got gas, and walked into the house as my phone rang---it was my husband "I'm okay, but it's bad here, real bad. I don't know what's going to happen, Rumsfeld is assembling the teams now, I love you guys and I'll call you as soon as I can. Take care of the babies" and that was it until 24 hrs later when he called again. Most terrifying time of my life.

DisAsTerBot
09-11-2014, 10:57 AM
working at the capitol in austin. I stayed glued to the tv for like two weeks after

Venti Quattro
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
I just woke up and then I turned on the TV and this was the first thing that I saw. I vividly remember that day. I did not get out of my room on 9/11

Frank Dux
09-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Sophomore year of college at UT. I was sleeping in my dorm room. My roommate's girlfriend calls screaming, "Get out of bed! We're under attack!!!"

She probably could have gone about that better. lol

DMC
09-11-2014, 11:27 AM
I remember the severe over-reaction, congress singing like a group of faggots on the steps, the POTUS approval rating sky rocketing and the subsequent years of diminishing support as fat pasty liberals finally climbed back out of their shelters and began to attack the security structure they cowered under just a year earlier. I eventually grew bored with it.

Cry Havoc
09-11-2014, 11:36 AM
In college. Passed the fuck out because I didn't have class until 11 that day. Mom called, left a message on my answering machine that a plane flew into the trade center. Thinking it was some prop job that dinged the side of the building when some dude took one too many pulls of whiskey and wanted to joyride in his Cessna, I turned on the news and saw a huge crater in the side of the tower. Needless to say, I was instantly awake, and not nearly as bothered that my phone got me out of bed. Yelled at my roommate to wake up. We watched in awe. Damn that was a rough morning.

A few minutes later, our cock-knock of an R/A yelled, "THANKS NEW YORK! CLASS IS CANCELLED!" Or something along those lines. He was pretty jubilant. We were one of the only public universities in Illinois to shut down the entire campus, which was a classy move on the admins part. We watched several hours of coverage then went out to throw a frisbee around. It was just hard too fathom and process. To this day I've never seen a campus like that before. Silence, everywhere. Definitely added to how eerie the experience was.

The worst is the confusion. I can't imagine having family in or close to the towers or the Pentagon. Would have drove me crazy. It was bad enough as things were, not even our venerable professors knew what to say or do or even talk about. I had tests cancelled the next day because they were all reeling from it and knew no one was going to be studying that week.

Cry Havoc
09-11-2014, 11:38 AM
I remember the severe over-reaction, congress singing like a group of faggots on the steps, the POTUS approval rating sky rocketing and the subsequent years of diminishing support as fat pasty liberals finally climbed back out of their shelters and began to attack the security structure they cowered under just a year earlier. I eventually grew bored with it.

I wonder if Dick Cheney's eyes actually flashed with cartoonish dollar signs when he saw the towers get hit and collapse.

DMC
09-11-2014, 11:43 AM
I wonder if Dick Cheney's eyes actually flashed with cartoonish dollar signs when he saw the towers get hit and collapse.

They are all in the same boat, some are just sleeping in better cabins.

Oddly enough a friend and I were discussing the possibility of a plane flying into those buildings just a few weeks earlier, talking about how easy it is to carry a blade onto a plane.

Cry Havoc
09-11-2014, 12:01 PM
They are all in the same boat, some are just sleeping in better cabins.

Oddly enough a friend and I were discussing the possibility of a plane flying into those buildings just a few weeks earlier, talking about how easy it is to carry a blade onto a plane.

http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex

Whenever the New York City skyline is visible in the background, the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center are conspicuously absent. This was due to texture memory limitations that arose during the game's development, but the in-universe explanation for the missing towers is that they were destroyed in a terrorist attack. A year after the game's initial release, the real Twin Towers were destroyed in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The Gemini Method
09-11-2014, 12:23 PM
Woke up because I had a Sociology of Deviance course to attend. The girl that I was seeing was watching something on the television and through my sleepy haze, I thought it was a Bruce Willis or Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. Seeing those two planes crashing into the symbolism of American wealth might seemed too surreal. I looked at her face and she was tearing up confused as to what was going on but having seen this longer than I--had more emotion spent. So I got ready and left hastily because I was behind schedule. The drive to USC was unbearably quiet. There weren't that many people on the 110 and it was eerily empty going up to Exposition and so I made it reasonably easily to my class. The professor was breaking down as her sister lived and worked near the WTC and so she was understandably distraught and made an announcement that class was dismissed for the foreseeable future. I was still not entirely clear as to what was happening. As the exodus of students, faculty, and staff made their way out of classes, I manage to catch a group of students watching the events on a television. I am not old enough to have seen the Kennedy/King assassinations, but I believe this is as close to one of those moments--I had seen a part of history that wouldn't be erased. I met up with my friend and the exiting of the campus was quite massive. So we decided to wait at his truck and put the radio on to listen intently as to what had happened. Tossed around the football; doing American things while many were suffering on the East Coast. We went our separate ways as traffic waned. It was almost like the end of a funeral--we were somber in saying our lates. I drove back to my apartment to an embrace from the lady friend. We watched the news for hours upon hours. I didn't go to work that afternoon and no matter where you lie in your beliefs, we were not the same people after that faithful morning.

Clipper Nation
09-11-2014, 01:10 PM
The girl that I was seeing was watching something on the television and through my sleepy haze, I thought it was a Bruce Willis or Arnold Schwarzenegger movie.
Same here, pretty much.... when I first saw it playing out on TV, I thought they were previewing the Spider-Man movie that was coming out, as the Twin Towers had featured heavily in the trailers and posters that were being released that summer.... I still remember the sick feeling in my stomach when I realized that it wasn't a movie, it was actually happening in real life....

cantthinkofanything
09-11-2014, 01:11 PM
http://deusex.wikia.com/wiki/Deus_Ex

These cards are from a game called Illuminati New World Order that came out in 1995.

http://rense.com/general95/image002%20152.jpg

cantthinkofanything
09-11-2014, 01:25 PM
doesn't seem like 13 years ago

Clipper Nation
09-11-2014, 01:27 PM
Truthers are fucking retarded, tbh....

cantthinkofanything
09-11-2014, 01:32 PM
http://www.911truth.ch/gaga.jpg

The Gemini Method
09-11-2014, 01:37 PM
doesn't seem like 13 years ago

I remember that whole week as a fog. I took a few days off work to complete a project but even then it just seemed like people were zombies. I can't believe it's been 13 years and how much this world has changed.

Spur|n|Austin
09-11-2014, 02:19 PM
I was a junior in HS - I had first period off, so was getting gas before my 2nd period started and remember hearing the radio station interrupt with the news flash that a plane had hit one of the buildings. When I got to school every classroom had their TV's on and we watched during pre-cal live as the 2nd plane hit the other tower. It was a weird day because the fire alarms went off the next period and they ended up sending everyone home from school. One of those "I'll always remember where I was" moments..

lefty
09-11-2014, 02:43 PM
Getting a morning BJ from a chick from NYC

She kept sucking my dick while she was crying

Whore.

Infinite_limit
09-11-2014, 04:21 PM
http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/share/31/316/684/3168421_370.jpg

baseline bum
09-11-2014, 04:32 PM
http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/share/31/316/684/3168421_370.jpg

Wow, that wingnut faggot actually said that! :lol

cantthinkofanything
09-11-2014, 04:40 PM
http://www.illuminatigamerevealed.com/images/illuminati-canada-israel-pact-freemason-stephen-harper-with-fellow-mason-netanyahu.jpg

2pac > Kobe
09-11-2014, 11:14 PM
m5Dl5jIdtdk

ChumpDumper
09-11-2014, 11:57 PM

Floyd Pacquiao
09-12-2014, 12:08 AM
2nd grade. I remember my teacher trying to explain to us what was happening in a way that wouldn't frighten us. I pretty much knew what was going on though

baseline bum
09-12-2014, 12:15 AM
2nd grade. I remember my teacher trying to explain to us what was happening in a way that wouldn't frighten us. I pretty much knew what was going on though

http://www.theonion.com/articles/talking-to-your-child-about-the-wtc-attack,8058/
Talking To Your Child About The WTC Attack
TIPS • Terror • Children • 911 • ISSUE 37•34 • Sep 26, 2001
Facebook498Twitter222Google Plus9
The events of Sept. 11 are extremely difficult for a child to understand. What should you tell your child when he or she asks why this happened? Obviously, there's no easy answer, but the following is a start:

Talking To Your Child About The WTC Attack

Sit your child down, and gently explain to him or her that the destruction of the Twin Towers was part of a Holy War, or jihad, against the U.S. perpetrated by a small faction of Islamic fundamentalists bent on the annihilation of Western society.

As your child may or may not know, much of modern Islamic fundamentalism has its roots in the writings of Sayyid Qutb, whose two-year sojourn to the U.S. in the late 1940s convinced him that Western society and non-Islamic ideologies were flawed and corrupt. Over the course of the next several decades, his writings became increasingly popular throughout the Arab world, including Afghanistan.

Patiently explain to your child that in 1979, the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan, outraging the U.S. Determined to stem the tide of communism, the U.S. provided Afghanistan with military support in the form of weapons and training. Among the beneficiaries of this support were many of Qutb's radical-fundamentalist adherents. These fundamentalists eventually took over Afghanistan in the form of a group called the Taliban. Militarized and radicalized by years of war, Taliban leaders turned against the U.S., which long supported them in their fight against the occupying Soviets but eventually came to be seen as the embodiment of Western immorality.

You should also let your child know that among those supported by the Taliban is Osama bin Laden, a Saudi multi-millionaire and terrorist who for years has taken refuge in encampments in the rugged hills of Afghanistan. Like his Taliban brethren, bin Laden believes that the U.S. is guilty of apostasy and should be punished accordingly.

Your child will likely ask why bin Laden is so angry at the U.S. Explain to him or her that much of his anger is rooted in the fact that, during the Gulf War, the U.S. stationed troops in Saudi Arabia, the nation that is home to the Islamic holy cities of Mecca and Medina. Bin Laden was further angered by America's post-Gulf War efforts to oust Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein by imposing an embargo against his nation.

No doubt, your child will have more questions. He or she will likely want to know what role other terrorist groups played in the attack, as well as what destabilizing effects a U.S. invasion of Afghanistan could have on the increasingly volatile political climate in Pakistan. Hopefully, though, the above will serve as a start, helping your child better understand why the bad men did this terrible thing.

Floyd Pacquiao
09-12-2014, 12:16 AM
^:rollin:rollin

z0sa
09-12-2014, 04:59 AM
7th grade. Homeroom was a stupid bitch. I predicted the second tower being hit about 5 minutes beforehand. I said there's no way the govt doesn't know what's going on; right now the pentagon and prez are being dipshits. Lo and behold, the Pentagon pussied out and Bush continued reading some kid's book.

Aztecfan03
09-12-2014, 10:52 AM
1st period P.E. in the 6th grade when I heard about it. Would have been getting ready for school when it actually happened and taken the bus shortly after.

Clipper Nation
09-12-2014, 10:55 AM
These two videos were put together by government sophists.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Dl5jIdtdk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUazHEBlDGI

Real truthers believe that empty remote-controlled planes hit the towers. Government sophists came up with the no-plane theory to discredit the truth movement.

provocateurs,shills and disinfo agents
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYedTmaHt1A
(7:20 time mark)

Only a moron would believe the no-plane theory.
Translation: :cry "Get it right, guys... we don't believe that retarded conspiracy theory, we actually believe a different retarded conspiracy theory!" :cry