PDA

View Full Version : OT: NBA player that you will be

hyhy
09-11-2014, 02:50 AM
Since in the other thread where everyone talks about their skills in basketball, I thought it would be interesting to know who you view yourself as in the NBA.
We can share around, and maybe get some tips to improve our game too :)

1) Who do you want to become? (who do you try to mirror when you play basketball)
Manu. I think its damn cool to make passes that nobody can see. Makes me very turnover prone because lots of time my teammates cant even see my pass. :bang

2) Who do you think you are most alike to in the NBA? (honestly)
MCW --> taller than most PGs, but likes to play the PG role in leisure games. A Rookie in my country's competition scene.
Pre-2014 Kawhi --> In competitions, there will be a true PG in my team, so my role is mostly like kawhi, just spot up 3s and focusing on defense, rebounds and fastbreaks.

3) What are some moves that you tried to copy from NBA players and almost perfected it?
- Tony parker spin moves during the fast break. (Can spin, but cant finish ><)
- Manu's euro (right-handed way tho)

4) What are some moves you tried to copy but always fail to do?
- Tony parker's Floater. (I cant seem to hit any floaters accurately..)
- James harden contact first flopping layups. ( I know, this sucks, but I am new to the competition scene in my country and I cant seem to draw any fouls whenever I drive so I am trying out new things to get free throws)

Franklin
09-11-2014, 06:48 PM
1) Kobe who is God, so I could get paid 30m/yr without doing a damn
2) Paul Pierce, dude always creates easy shots for himself with limited athleticism, there ain't a big distance between him and Tim in terms of fundamentals, they're the true models for young players to follow (sadly most young nigs would rather imitate monkeyball these days)
3) no-see passing, many players practice it (like Steve Nash and the Great Satan Lebron)
4) Dirk's fade-away, though it never worked for me because I'm only 5'7

DMC
09-11-2014, 09:03 PM
Let's be honest, most of you use your thumbs to play basketball. You'd quickly be out of breath if you stepped onto a real court. Let's not get too deep into the LARPing.

mudyez
09-11-2014, 11:52 PM
1) Penny and Scottie have been the guys I modeled my game after (do it all PG/PF types).
2) Probably a smaller PG playing Boris Diaw (I'm 6'1 which would usually be SG/SF area on my level, but I can post up smaller guys).
3) From the top of my head: TP's floater and wrong hand finishes, Manu's Eurostep
4) Mostly dunks and flopping. My Koordination is pretty good, so I'm somewhat able to do most stuff after some time. I can dunk, but only basic stuff. Flopping never has been my thing. If I go down, it's a charge...and it sucks, that refs still think, I'm flopping from time to time.

Silver&Black
09-12-2014, 12:57 AM
I would be better off comparing my game to college players or even local high school ballers.

I've got the hands of Jeff Ayres though..................

cheguevara
09-12-2014, 01:01 AM
My shot is terrible.(basketball not guns) I'm probably the worst basketball shooter in the world. So I go Bruce Bowen on people and of course that ends up in drama more often than not.

still enjoy playing ball, there's more to basketball than just pure shooting

that being said,

1) Scottie Pippen, one of the most complete players ever :tu
2) Bowen
3) Kareem's hook, Mark Price's 3pt shot
4) James White free throw dunk

Holden_Caulfield
09-12-2014, 01:02 AM
1) ginoooooobiliiiiiiiiii
2) rondooooo
3) eurostep
4) reverse lefty layup :lol

spurraider21
09-12-2014, 01:21 AM
1) Manu
2) Rip Hamilton
3) Scola style scoop shot if i'm ever in the post for some odd reason
4) ball handling in general :lol

Venti Quattro
09-12-2014, 01:59 AM
1. The Gasols (save for Pau's extreme pussy-ness) and Z-Bo with a better three-ball
2. see #1
3. None to be honest
4. Kobe and Jordan's post games, but trying to get to at least 60-70 percent of that

cd021
09-12-2014, 06:14 AM
1. Used to be obsessed with Duncans post moves and to an lesser extent Hakeems.
2. A broke ass Boris Diaw (can post, pass, and drive to the rack though i'm more of a center and don't have a consistent jumper)
3. The up and under (step thru) post move
4. Kareems sky hook has been on the been a massive failure for me

JohnnyMax
09-12-2014, 11:11 AM
My shot is terrible.(basketball not guns) I'm probably the worst basketball shooter in the world. So I go Bruce Bowen on people and of course that ends up in drama more often than not.

still enjoy playing ball, there's more to basketball than just pure shooting

that being said,

1) Scottie Pippen, one of the most complete players ever :tu
2) Bowen
3) Kareem's hook, Mark Price's 3pt shot
4) James White free throw dunk

This video will help improve your shooting

b5E8_HjAewg

Killakobe81
09-12-2014, 11:19 AM
1. Used to be aggressive defenders on defense: GP, Coop, Zo
2. On offense pass first guys like: Diaw, Horry, Kidd etc.

In my prime closest NBA comparison would be Coop. Athleticism, hops streaky shooting but versatile enough to defend 1-3. I also used to be supper skiny but wiry strong in HS. But my trash talk game was all GP if provoked.

AlexJones
09-12-2014, 11:22 AM
Jason Kidd with a jump shot