This nigga is GOAT material!!!!

TrainOfThought5
09-11-2014, 04:50 AM

drafted by the jazz.

hater
09-11-2014, 04:58 AM
drafted by the jazz.

sure but, who wants to play for the Jazz????!?

Fireball
09-11-2014, 05:06 AM
this guy only has athleticism, but I saw no post moves, jumpshot range or basketball IQ whatsoever in his games during the FIBA WC ... he is just another "anyone"

TrainOfThought5
09-11-2014, 05:11 AM
this guy only has athleticism, but I saw no post moves, jumpshot range or basketball IQ whatsoever in his games during the FIBA WC ... he is just another "anyone"

The "anyone" has a 7'9" wingspan. a 9'7" standing reach. he's incredibly difficult to shoot over and around. of course he's unpolished. he was only drafted in 2013.. had some injury issues. If he was on the Spurs you would be lauding him as the next great Big man for the Spurs. You dont have to love him, but at least be objective.

MilesTeg
09-11-2014, 05:12 AM
sure but, who wants to play for the Jazz????!?

Rudy Gobert, apparently. Which is why he plays there.

MilesTeg
09-11-2014, 05:14 AM

Tiago Splitter, Joakim Noah, Tyson Chandler, ...

Modern centers aren't about shooting and post moves anymore. They're expected to defend, rebound, screen, and finish/pass on P&Rs. Gobert showed some real skills at all of those things. He's still work in progress (his decision making needs to get better; then again he is very inexperienced being in a crappy team with no play time) but he could become very good.

Fireball
09-11-2014, 05:21 AM
The "anyone" has a 7'9" wingspan. a 9'7" standing reach. he's incredibly difficult to shoot over and around. of course he's unpolished. he was only drafted in 2013.. had some injury issues. If he was on the Spurs you would be lauding him as the next great Big man for the Spurs. You dont have to love him, but at least be objective.

Sorry, I am just fed up with these "anyone" threads ... our roster is fine as it is and from my point of view I have not seen anything from Gobert that screams "Spurs type of player" at me.

hater
09-11-2014, 05:26 AM
sure but... who want's to play for the Jazz???????

Fireball
09-11-2014, 05:26 AM

Modern centers aren't about shooting and post moves anymore. They're expected to defend, rebound, screen, and finish/pass on P&Rs. Gobert showed some real skills at all of those things. He's still work in progress (his decision making needs to get better; then again he is very inexperienced being in a crappy team with no play time) but he could become very good.

I do not think Gobert will ever be able to pass the ball like Splitter or Noah. Maybe he can become a defensive anchor like Chandler, but right now his ceiling more seems to be Ibaka i.e. great help defender but not 1-on-1.

It will be interesting how he pans out, but I do not think he ends up with the Spurs ...

exstatic
09-11-2014, 06:57 AM

You need to pull Splitter out of that group, then. Even though the Spurs only partially utilize it, he has some of the best post moves and footwork in the league.

Raven
09-11-2014, 07:13 AM
i'm still pissed we didn't get to draft him tbh

MilesTeg
09-11-2014, 07:21 AM
You need to pull Splitter out of that group, then. Even though the Spurs only partially utilize it, he has some of the best post moves and footwork in the league.

Whether it is in SA, Vitoria, or for Brazil, he's never been asked to do a lot of post ups. I agree that he isn't bad, but it furthers my point that it isn't an essential skill, if even good players rarely use it.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 07:25 AM
Whether it is in SA, Vitoria, or for Brazil, he's never been asked to do a lot of post ups. I agree that he isn't bad, but it furthers my point that it isn't an essential skill, if even good players rarely use it.

You could never pair Splitter and Gobert, though. Not on this team.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-11-2014, 07:36 AM

Not on any team. The only two-center lineup that isn't a liability is Duncan-Splitter and that took a while.

Splits
09-11-2014, 08:00 AM
http://i.minus.com/iN6IobS7e87N5.gif

http://i.minus.com/ibtuVz0j1fD2Ct.gif

NickiRasgo
09-11-2014, 09:43 AM
Yeah I liked him before, he's like European McGee. It's something the Spurs is missing, an athletic big man. Would be more useful than Ayres. At least this dude can catch properly and actually an intimidating center not like Ayres, looks like a statue. He can also pass decently. Strength would be an issue but he's actually mobile for his size and at least he knows how to utilizae his height and length.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YE6m7mPtcM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr7NCX03ZBg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTgDO-Q1HRg

dabom
09-11-2014, 10:06 AM
Great rebounder and big hands. Sign him up.

mudyez
09-11-2014, 10:21 AM
http://grantland.com/the-triangle/rudy-gobert-utah-jazz-fiba-potential-7-footer-tyson-chandler/

Chinook
09-11-2014, 11:37 AM
Gobert got picked on spot ahead of the Spurs in 2013 by Denver. I don't think SA would have taken him anyway, since they promised LJC. But I was totally hoping the Spurs were the team that ended up buying the pick instead of Utah. It would have been nice to have a high-ceiling, low-floor player again instead of all these safe bets.

CGD
09-11-2014, 11:51 AM
Utah has a nice looking group if big men, at least on paper. Favors, Kantor, Gobert

ceperez
09-11-2014, 11:55 AM
Gobert got picked on spot ahead of the Spurs in 2013 by Denver. I don't think SA would have taken him anyway, since they promised LJC. But I was totally hoping the Spurs were the team that ended up buying the pick instead of Utah. It would have been nice to have a high-ceiling, low-floor player again instead of all these safe bets.

Record shows that Gobert was traded by Denver for a 2nd round pick and cash!

Spurs should have had the inside track on Gobert (given their extensive french connections).

I cannot believe they slipped on this one!

Maybe they were too happy that they got LJC

cjw
09-11-2014, 12:22 PM
Modern centers aren't about shooting and post moves anymore.

Right, and this is the reason 4s who can't spread the floor to save their life (and even more so 1s to 3s who can't shoot) have little to no place in the modern NBA. There's a difference between a 7 footer with limited range and a 6'8" guy. Someone like Marc Gasol does all of these things and has skills on top of it, which makes him such a valuable piece.

Chinook
09-11-2014, 01:03 PM
Record shows that Gobert was traded by Denver for a 2nd round pick and cash!

Spurs should have had the inside track on Gobert (given their extensive french connections).

I cannot believe they slipped on this one!

Maybe they were too happy that they got LJC

Gobert slipping was at least a mild surprise. They had already promised LJC, so their hands were tied. It would have been nice to get two young defenders out of that draft, though.

spurraider21
09-11-2014, 03:15 PM
eh. he has an up and under. the thing is, his jump hook is terrible, so no clue why people still bite on the "up" of the up n under :lol

hater
09-11-2014, 04:07 PM
Gobert and Adams. Western Conference Allstar Team starting bigman lineup for the next 7 years

TD 21
09-11-2014, 06:39 PM
Gobert slipping was at least a mild surprise. They had already promised LJC, so their hands were tied. It would have been nice to get two young defenders out of that draft, though.

Teams make promises a break them all the time. Besides, a promise is really only contingent on the draft more or less going according to plan, which it pretty much never does. If someone unexpectedly falls (which always happens), all bets are off.

They'd have been fools to not go with Gobert over Jean-Charles, considering the upside of the former and the lack of depth at his position post Duncan. It's not even Splitter's age or mileage so much as it is his lack of stamina that's most concerning.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 06:54 PM
Teams make promises a break them all the time. Besides, a promise is really only contingent on the draft more or less going according to plan, which it pretty much never does. If someone unexpectedly falls (which always happens), all bets are off.

They'd have been fools to not go with Gobert over Jean-Charles, considering the upside of the former and the lack of depth at his position post Duncan. It's not even Splitter's age or mileage so much as it is his lack of stamina that's most concerning.
Spurs arent other teams. If they make a promise, they keep it. Pop's ripped agents for backing out of verbal commitments (Arn Tellem, are you listening?) to not want to be a hypocrite by doing the same.

TD 21
09-11-2014, 07:03 PM
Spurs arent other teams. If they make a promise, they keep it. Pop's ripped agents for backing out of verbal commitments (Arn Tellem, are you listening?) to not want to be a hypocrite by doing the same.

Just like they promised Splitter and Blair, because I'm sure they knew they were going to be available at those spots.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 07:19 PM
Just like they promised Splitter and Blair, because I'm sure they knew they were going to be available at those spots.

???? Neither of them had a promise.

TD 21
09-11-2014, 07:26 PM
???? Neither of them had a promise.

Exactly. Chances are, two others did though.

Chinook
09-11-2014, 07:47 PM

Yeah, like Capela did this year. It's one thing for a promised player to get picked higher. But going back on a promise destroys credibility. The Spurs not only like having that trust with overseas players. They need it. It's one of their few advantages.

TD 21
09-11-2014, 08:19 PM
Yeah, like Capela did this year. It's one thing for a promised player to get picked higher. But going back on a promise destroys credibility. The Spurs not only like having that trust with overseas players. They need it. It's one of their few advantages.

Not when you've built up as much credibility as the Spurs have. Like I said, it's not a big deal anyway, since it happens regularly.

I don't buy for a second that, if the right player fell, they'd pass on them just because they promised someone else, as they very well might have in the two examples I cited. Remember, this is the same organization that leaked false medical information about Batum, to attempt to scare teams out of drafting him.

Teams will do what they have to do to get good players.

You think they make a promise every year? That's a well you don't want to go to very often, or you WILL get trapped into taking a lesser player at some point. I would guess that somewhere maybe every 3-4 years they make one promise to keep a player in the draft. LJC was one. Mahinmi was another. I really can't think of another confirmed case, other than Capela, like Chinook said.

Not necessarily. That's just it though; we don't know when they do/don't. They very well might have in the two examples I cited. There's been years where we've seen reports, but there's tons of false information around the draft every year and they're known as the most difficult organization to get information out of.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 08:21 PM

You think they make a promise every year? That's a well you don't want to go to very often, or you WILL get trapped into taking a lesser player at some point. I would guess that somewhere maybe every 3-4 years they make one promise to keep a player in the draft. LJC was one. Mahinmi was another. I really can't think of another confirmed case, other than Capela, like Chinook said.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Not when you've built up as much credibility as the Spurs have. Like I said, it's not a big deal anyway, since it happens regularly.

I don't buy for a second that, if the right player fell, they'd pass on them just because they promised someone else, as they probably did in the two examples I cited. Remember, this is the same organization that leaked false medical information about Batum, to attempt to scare teams out of drafting him.

Teams will do what they have to do to get good players.

So? That fucks over other teams, NOT a player or agent. The Spurs would NEVER do that without completely buy in from the agent and player in question.

You really fail to understand the credibility that the Spurs have in Europe, and how badly that would be damaged by lying to just one player/agent combo one time.

TD 21
09-11-2014, 08:27 PM
So? That fucks over other teams, NOT a player or agent.

You really fail to understand the credibility that the Spurs have in Europe, and how badly that would be damaged by lying to just one player/agent combo one time.

The point is, they're not incapable of supposed unethical behavior themselves, so cut the holier than thou shit.

I don't buy for a second that, for the right player, they wouldn't go back on a promise.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 08:34 PM
The point is, they're not incapable of supposed unethical behavior themselves, so cut the holier than thou shit.

I don't buy for a second that, for the right player, they wouldn't go back on a promise.

You can believe whatever you want.

Oh, and it was Batum's agent that floated that story, not the Spurs. I went and checked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3454367

TD 21
09-11-2014, 08:46 PM
You can believe whatever you want.

Oh, and it was Batum's agent that floated that story, not the Spurs. I went and checked.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2008/news/story?id=3454367

Don't patronize me.

That doesn't say or suggest his agent floated the story. In fact, his agent attempted to downplay the severity of it.

http://www.clubspurs.com/spurs-trade-rumors/san-antonio-gave-batum-promise-t6795.html

Chinook
09-11-2014, 08:55 PM
The whole point is that the Spurs value their credibility with international players. When you break a promise, it can have major effects on a player's livelihood. Who knows where LJC would have fallen to had the Spurs not picked him? It's very probable that he would not have gotten pick in the first round. So by breaking their promise, the Spurs would have cost him $2 Million guaranteed. It's a big deal. Agents do not take kindly to teams costing their clients money, especially since those players had the chance to back out of the draft and get picked by another team the next year.

That doesn't mean that the Spurs would NEVER take a player over someone they made a promise to. But it would have to be a prospect like Noel, and not Gobert. And even if it did happen, I would be the Spurs would do their best to get another pick to honor their promise.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 08:56 PM
Don't patronize me.

That doesn't say or suggest his agent floated the story. In fact, his agent attempted to downplay the severity of it.

http://www.clubspurs.com/spurs-trade-rumors/san-antonio-gave-batum-promise-t6795.html
:lol ESPN >>>> Club Spurs. That place is worse than here for reliable stories.

Did you REALLY just come at me with an internet forum quoting Hoops Hype? :lol

TD 21
09-11-2014, 09:07 PM
The whole point is that the Spurs value their credibility with international players. When you break a promise, it can have major effects on a player's livelihood. Who knows where LJC would have fallen to had the Spurs not picked him? It's very probable that he would not have gotten pick in the first round. So by breaking their promise, the Spurs would have cost him $2 Million guaranteed. It's a big deal. Agents do not take kindly to teams costing their clients money, especially since those players had the chance to back out of the draft and get picked by another team the next year.

That doesn't mean that the Spurs would NEVER take a player over someone they made a promise to. But it would have to be a prospect like Noel, and not Gobert. And even if it did happen, I would be the Spurs would do their best to get another pick to honor their promise.

I mostly agree with everything you just said. I never suggested they'd do it for a Gobert level prospect (which seems to be what you two are hung up on). Clearly, it would have to be someone closer to a Noel level prospect, but Splitter was, in the sense that both projected as defense first starting centers.

:lol ESPN >>>> Club Spurs. That place is worse than here for reliable stories.

Did you REALLY just come at me with an internet forum quoting Hoops Hype? :lol

So what? It was via HoopsHype and it's not as if there's an abundance of information on this readily available to choose from.

I can't verify it, but I'm 99% sure Ford himself reported this.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 09:18 PM
I mostly agree with everything you just said. I never suggested they'd do it for a Gobert level prospect (which seems to be what you two are hung up on). Clearly, it would have to be someone closer to a Noel level prospect, but Splitter was, in the sense that both projected as defense first starting centers.

A Noel level prospect is NEVER going to drop to the end of the first round. Splitter dropped because he was in an iron-clad contract that he couldn't get out of for at least two years. He was also 22, and couldn't pull out of the draft any more times. No promise would be necessary or given to such a player.

Chinook
09-11-2014, 09:37 PM

You can see why we're hung up on Gobert.

exstatic
09-11-2014, 10:07 PM

Because...thread? :lol

Kidd K
09-11-2014, 11:22 PM

Tyson Chandler was trash for a long time before he actually became worth having on your team. He barely improved for like 4-5 years before finally figuring it out. I don't think Noah can be dumped into the "no IQ" category though.

DrunkTXLabrat
09-11-2014, 11:24 PM
De Colo or possible post-Duncan era 2nd plus cash might have got the deal done. i couldn't believe the spurs passed on a Frenchy with such potential because of that freakish body. the Spurs missed out on Tavares this year and he was an even easier trade target. I think Tavares even has an LJC connection. RC and Pop were drunk on Bonner/Ayers love and Baynes hate. most people in here wouldn't want either of them to come over and play anyway. players have to get banged up overseas first.

exstatic
09-12-2014, 07:02 AM
De Colo or possible post-Duncan era 2nd plus cash might have got the deal done. i couldn't believe the spurs passed on a Frenchy with such potential because of that freakish body. the Spurs missed out on Tavares this year and he was an even easier trade target. I think Tavares even has an LJC connection. RC and Pop were drunk on Bonner/Ayers love and Baynes hate. most people in here wouldn't want either of them to come over and play anyway. players have to get banged up overseas first.

Spurs wouldn't have had to trade for Tavares. He was a second rounder.

Venti Quattro
09-12-2014, 08:15 AM
He plays in the NBA? Shit I didn't know

DrunkTXLabrat
09-12-2014, 12:13 PM

the spurs pick was used on kyle anderson, and i'm not proposing they shoulda drafted tavares instead. i'm saying they shoulda made a better trade with those late 2nds.

DrunkTXLabrat
09-12-2014, 12:23 PM
He plays in the NBA? Shit I didn't know

i bet there's plenty you don't know.

DrunkTXLabrat
09-12-2014, 12:33 PM

if i had said the spurs shoulda drafted him over anderson, you'd probably be the first guy to eat my lunch. and i'd deserve it. you have such limited vision that you couldn't see what i was getting at? that's my clue that you don't have the vision to see the value of tavares.

DrunkTXLabrat
09-12-2014, 12:38 PM

not on the court at the same time, but post-Duncan Splitter/Diaw and Gobert/Anderson would be fine with me.

exstatic
09-12-2014, 01:17 PM
not on the court at the same time, but post-Duncan Splitter/Diaw and Gobert/Anderson would be fine with me.

Utah just matched a Max offer for Hayward. Big men are always overpaid, so it's going to take an 8 figure annual salary to make Utah choke and not match. Spurs ain't paying that for a raw bench big.

DrunkTXLabrat
09-12-2014, 04:42 PM
Utah just matched a Max offer for Hayward. Big men are always overpaid, so it's going to take an 8 figure annual salary to make Utah choke and not match. Spurs ain't paying that for a raw bench big.

I'd say that's the value of making a draft day trade for him or Tavares. But i'd also say that's the price Utah can pay for not reuniting Hayward with Stevens.

DJR210
09-12-2014, 06:23 PM
i'm still pissed we didn't get to draft him tbh

Yeah, I was hoping they got his ass too, then fucking Utah screwed us one pick before.

TD 21
09-16-2014, 06:42 PM
Two perfect examples of lack of reading comprehension . . .

A Noel level prospect is NEVER going to drop to the end of the first round. Splitter dropped because he was in an iron-clad contract that he couldn't get out of for at least two years. He was also 22, and couldn't pull out of the draft any more times. No promise would be necessary or given to such a player.

Which is precisely why I said "someone closer to a Noel level prospect".

No, I can't. Nowhere in that do I so much as infer that they'd break a promise for Gobert or a prospect of his caliber. What I said was, I personally think they've have been fools to not go with Gobert over Jean-Charles, if he fell to them.

Chinook
09-16-2014, 07:05 PM
No, I can't. Nowhere in that do I so much as infer that they'd break a promise for Gobert or a prospect of his caliber. What I said was, I personally think they've have been fools to not go with Gobert over Jean-Charles, if he fell to them.

Not really. I said you can see why we'd assume you were talking about Gobert. You say the Spurs would be fools to not break LJC's promise for Gobert. Since you don't believe they would have (or at least since you're saying that now), you therefore imply that you think the Spurs' FO is foolish. I had assumed that you would agree PATFO aren't fools and thus that they would go for Gobert. That you didn't mean that is incidental.

TD 21
09-16-2014, 07:37 PM
Not really. I said you can see why we'd assume you were talking about Gobert. You say the Spurs would be fools to not break LJC's promise for Gobert. Since you don't believe they would have (or at least since you're saying that now), you therefore imply that you think the Spurs' FO is foolish. I had assumed that you would agree PATFO aren't fools and thus that they would go for Gobert. That you didn't mean that is incidental.

Right, but that's in my opinion. I never said they actually would for a prospect of his caliber though.

I think they'd have been fools to not go with Gobert over Jean-Charles, but that wouldn't have made them fools in general.

Splits
10-14-2014, 06:34 AM
20 boards in 22 minutes? Anyone???

Ice009
10-14-2014, 07:32 AM
20 boards in 22 minutes? Anyone???

He's under contract though, isn't he? or has he not signed a guaranteed contract with his NBA team?

Splits
10-14-2014, 07:55 AM
Blue font.

Hes fully guaranteed

spurraider21
10-14-2014, 12:02 PM
he would have complemented Paul George well

Brazil
10-14-2014, 12:04 PM
he would have complemented Paul George well

and Boozer

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 01:18 PM
Bump. Been watching this guy play. He's limited offensively but he's active, he hustles, and he's a defensive monster. Avging 2 blocks per game this year OFF THE BENCH. That's absolutely insane.

RD2191
12-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Can't be worse than ayres/bonner.

ElNono
12-18-2014, 01:23 PM
taller De Colo?

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 02:22 PM
I don't think he could earn a ton of time with this unit but he has a lot of potential, just for his effort in games alone. He would be an upgrade over Baynes once he learned our system.

exstatic
12-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Utah just matched $16M for Hayward. Do you really think they won't go that high for a talented young big like Gobert ?

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 04:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avg48Blocks

Unreal. Almost 5 blocks per 48.

Cry Havoc
12-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Utah just matched $16M for Hayward. Do you really think they won't go that high for a talented young big like Gobert ?

Can they afford to for a guy who's the 4th big off their bench?

Raven
12-19-2014, 05:00 AM
:cry i'm still pissed

exstatic
12-19-2014, 07:20 AM
Can they afford to for a guy who's the 4th big off their bench?

They didn't extend Kanter.

exstatic
12-19-2014, 07:24 AM
:cry i'm still pissed

At who?

kobyz
12-19-2014, 07:31 AM
i like him ever since he played for franch under 21 team and lead them to finish second in europ almost won the gold, losing on the last second, but i knew he will be a player because of his passion and solid iq for the game as a big...

Raven
12-19-2014, 07:33 AM
At who?

Fate i guess

exstatic
12-19-2014, 07:44 AM
Fate i guess

Well, maybe he'll turn into another passive, overpaid Frenchman like Batum. :lol

look_at_g_shred
12-19-2014, 11:11 AM
the league better watch out :cry

DrunkTXLabrat
12-19-2014, 12:34 PM

Forget him as a free agent target. Look at him as a missed buy low draft trade target. He's the player they missed because they let Blair and Neal walk away in free agency, instead of trading them for buy low trade fodder.

hater
01-18-2015, 07:50 PM
nigga is a beast!

could we have traded Paul George for him?

ElNono
01-18-2015, 07:55 PM
???

2-7, 0-2 FT, -7 so far

hater
01-18-2015, 07:56 PM
???

2-7, 0-2 FT, -7 so far

10 rebounds in the 1st half

ElNono
01-18-2015, 08:00 PM
Baynes has 6 in 4 less minutes...

hater
01-18-2015, 08:01 PM
Baynes has 6 in 4 less minutes...

baynes is playing out of his mind in this game tbh :tu

hater
01-18-2015, 09:04 PM
18 rebs 5 blks'

this nig is in video game mode :lol

ElNono
01-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Not gonna lie, he had a complete game tonight... better than Favors...

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 09:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avg48Blocks

Unreal. Almost 5 blocks per 48.

Amazing, yes. Unfortunately Gobert won't be a free agent this summer... but Hassan Whiteside will be: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avg48Blocks/qualified/false

BillMc
01-18-2015, 09:27 PM
I was impressed with the kid. Give him a few years and he may be a seriously good asset for some team.

PingPong
01-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Frenchie Steve Adams.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 09:41 PM

Hassan Whiteside is a similar physical freak: 7'7" wingspan, 9'5" standing reach.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 09:45 PM
Comparison of Gobert and Whiteside: http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&y1=2015&p1=goberru01&y2=2015&p2=whiteha01&p3=&p4=&p5=&p6=

Ellsworth
01-18-2015, 09:52 PM
Still remember like it was yesterday when he was picked right before our turn & traded away to Utah - either the SPURS could not move up to grab him or they just expected him to fall to them at #28... a missed opportunity considering they did bring him in for a workout.
Oh well, at least KL worked out great :D

boutons_deux
01-18-2015, 10:30 PM
18 and 13 in 29 minutes against the World Champions at home.

He's only 22, still needs a couple more years as big men usually do.

cd021
01-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Could force Kantor out of Utah. Would like to see Kantor on the Spurs. Also depends on how high they will draft with two of the top 3 or 4 picks expected to be Okafor and Towns

exstatic
01-18-2015, 11:06 PM
Could force Kantor out of Utah. Would like to see Kantor on the Spurs. Also depends on how high they will draft with two of the top 3 or 4 picks expected to be Okafor and Towns
They didn't offer Kanter an extension by the deadline. He's a good rebounder and decent post scorer, but below average on D, a real plodder. I'd much rather go after Monroe.

Mel_13
01-18-2015, 11:11 PM
Amazing, yes. Unfortunately Gobert won't be a free agent this summer... but Hassan Whiteside will be: http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/blocks/sort/avg48Blocks/qualified/false

Are you sure? Both ESPN's trade machine and Realgm's trade checker show him under contract next year. Teams typically sign DLeague callups to 2 year deals with little or no guaranteed money in year 2.

Mr Bones
01-18-2015, 11:17 PM
Are you sure? Both ESPN's trade machine and Realgm's trade checker show him under contract next year. Teams typically sign DLeague callups to 2 year deals with little or no guaranteed money in year 2.

Hmmm... i don't know for sure-- I'm just going by this:http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

Mel_13
01-18-2015, 11:24 PM
Hmmm... i don't know for sure-- I'm just going by this:http://hoopshype.com/salaries/miami.htm

Yeah, I saw that as well. Hoopshype has always been really good about updating roster changes, but not the best with options and such. Shamsports was always the best, but he hasn't updated his info since the summer. We'll see.

TD 21
01-18-2015, 11:31 PM
They didn't offer Kanter an extension by the deadline. He's a good rebounder and decent post scorer, but below average on D, a real plodder. I'd much rather go after Monroe.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs did go after Monroe (along with the Knicks). Gasol, Aldridge, Millsap and Horford (not up until '16) are all more than likely staying put and unless they max out or come close with Kanter, the Jazz will match, just to retain the asset. So if Duncan retires this summer, that leaves who?

The mid range shooting and lack of rim protection are issues, but you've got to ask yourself: Can they do better? And the answer is, almost certainly no. He's still young, a good low post scorer and passer, solid rebounder and he can play both big positions, which is crucial to be able to play alongside both Splitter and Diaw.

As far as his mid ranger, let's face it, between last season and this one, Duncan's has fallen off a cliff. Teams generally don't bother defending it anyway, so how much more crunched will the spacing be with the starting unit? And I know he's been around a while, but who knows, maybe Engelland can help him reach respectability. We're not talking about a Jordan, Drummond, etc., who has no touch whatsoever.

cd021
01-18-2015, 11:56 PM

Not super familiar with either but based on what I've have heard, Kantor is more mobile and definitely a better athlete than Monroe is. Kantor has good offensive skill and really hasn't had the consistent minutes that Monroe has had to develop because he played behind Milsap, his first two seasons. Neither are good defenders but Green and KL along with Splitter should help minimize most of the damage on that end

I think Kantor may be overlooked in RFA, with Draymond Green and Reggie Jackson gaining more attention and having Gasol, Milsap, Monroe and (potentially) Hibbert and Love as UFAs.

Kantors more than 2 years younger and Monroe is probably closer to his ceiling than Kantor maybe. I'd like to see Kantor as a Spur, personally.

cd021
01-19-2015, 12:01 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Spurs did go after Monroe (along with the Knicks). Gasol, Aldridge, Millsap and Horford (not up until '16) are all more than likely staying put and unless they max out or come close with Kanter, the Jazz will match, just to retain the asset. So if Duncan retires this summer, that leaves who?

The mid range shooting and lack of rim protection are issues, but you've got to ask yourself: Can they do better? And the answer is, almost certainly no. He's still young, a good low post scorer and passer, solid rebounder and he can play both big positions, which is crucial to be able to play alongside both Splitter and Diaw.

As far as his mid ranger, let's face it, between last season and this one, Duncan's has fallen off a cliff. Teams generally don't bother defending it anyway, so how much more crunched will the spacing be with the starting unit? And I know he's been around a while, but who knows, maybe Engelland can help him reach respectability. We're not talking about a Jordan, Drummond, etc., who has no touch whatsoever.

Thats been pretty baffling. He was an excellent mid range shooter two seasons ago but below average now. Doing the Washington game he was hesitating before deciding against the open jumper and passing it out to reset.

TD 21
01-19-2015, 12:08 AM
Thats been pretty baffling. He was an excellent mid range shooter two seasons ago but below average now. Doing the Washington game he was hesitating before deciding against the open jumper and passing it out to reset.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. It went from solid, to excellent, to sub par.

I forgot about Love and Hibbert. The latter doesn't make sense and the former is probably going to re-sign, too. As much of a mess as it appears, they can still offer the most and he'll still probably believe in the long term potential of the team. If he does decide to explore the open market though, I actually think the Spurs would have an outside shot.

Chinook
01-19-2015, 12:41 AM
I'd probably go Kanter over Monroe. Enes should be able to develop a solid outside game in SA. Find a big who fits with Splitter is paramount. If they can't, then Diaw would start, and the type of big the team is looking for would be completely different.

Malik Hairston
01-19-2015, 01:57 AM
What's with the Kanter hype? He's trash, tbh..

DrunkTXLabrat
01-19-2015, 03:31 AM
Tavares is next.

exstatic
01-19-2015, 05:42 AM
Tavares is next.

Yeah, because Gobert comes from a country that literally cranks out NBA players through sports academies, and Tavares is from a tiny island called Cape Verde, and never touched a basketball until he was 17. Other than that, they're fucking identical.

elemento
01-19-2015, 06:00 AM
He is a defensive force, no doubt about it. Utah has 6 former lottery picks as their young core and this dude is probably the best prospect they have and he was a late 1st round pick.

Funny thing is that Utah got him for peanuts. Denver only asked a 2nd + cash for that pick and it was only 1 pick before the Spurs pick that ended up JLC. And the Jazz traded the 14th and the 21th in that draft (Shabazz and Dieng) to get Trey Burke and he sucks. :lol

DrunkTXLabrat
01-19-2015, 04:58 PM
Yeah, because Gobert comes from a country that literally cranks out NBA players through sports academies, and Tavares is from a tiny island called Cape Verde, and never touched a basketball until he was 17. Other than that, they're fucking identical.

He's next because the spurs coulda easily got him, but didn't. Both freakish humans. Both have connections that would equal a chemistry boost for the spurs. Both have an underestimated potential.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-19-2015, 04:58 PM

He's next because the spurs coulda easily got him, but didn't. Both freakish humans. Both have connections that would equal a chemistry boost for the spurs. Both have an underestimated potential.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-19-2015, 05:02 PM
I don't understand why you're so contrary. Are they not both disgustingly built? Does the nurture really matter, when the nature is some similarly incredible?

exstatic
01-19-2015, 05:21 PM
I don't understand why you're so contrary. Are they not both disgustingly built? Does the nurture really matter, when the nature is some similarly incredible?

Actually, it matters a lot. You believe the same fallacy as a number of failing and failed NBA GMs: that athleticism is the be all and end all of NBA scouting. Please explain Otto Porter, Ben McLemore, MKG, Waiters, Thomas Robinson, Derrick Williams, Tristan Thompson, Bismack Biyombo, Evan Turner, Wesley Johnson, Ekpe Udoh, Hasheem Thabeet, and Johnny Flynn, all marvelous athletes picked in the top 10, probably half in the top 5 of the last 5 drafts, all busts. A couple of them aren't even in the LEAGUE any more.

jsandiego
01-19-2015, 05:38 PM
I can't even count how many shots Gobert altered against the Spurs last night, let alone how many he got a piece of. He also looked pretty aware on offense as far as making good passes, etc. There was a noticeable difference in their defense when he was off the court. I was impressed.

palangi
01-19-2015, 06:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lwnrb2z

how about this trade? Also send Parker to the pacers?

exstatic
01-19-2015, 06:15 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=lwnrb2z

how about this trade? Also send Parker to the pacers?

Kill Yourself.

palangi
01-19-2015, 06:19 PM
Kill Yourself.
Well..ok?

i see someone is still a prepubescent!!

Brazil
01-19-2015, 06:21 PM
nice addition for FNT :lol

Mr Bones
01-19-2015, 06:33 PM
Kill Yourself.

There's no greater indication of an internet asshole/bully than this response. We're talking about basketball.

That, and your standard "Fuck you faggot!"

palangi
01-19-2015, 06:43 PM
There's no greater indication of an internet asshole/bully than this response. We're talking about basketball.

Is this place this lightly moderated that this is allowed?

palangi
01-19-2015, 06:45 PM

Or ignorance. Or stupidity. Or lack of thought process. Or bigotry.

exstatic
01-19-2015, 06:49 PM

Actually, we're talking about Rudy Gobert, and he's proposing random trades that have nothing to do with the thread, or Gobert.

Mr Bones
01-19-2015, 06:50 PM
Is this place this lightly moderated that this is allowed?

Yes, every day.

Or ignorance. Or stupidity. Or lack of thought process. Or bigotry.

Yes.

Mr Bones
01-19-2015, 06:51 PM
Actually, we're talking about Rudy Gobert, and he's proposing random trades that have nothing to do with the thread, or Gobert.

Rudy Gobert's a basketball player, and random trades are about basketball. Either way, telling someone "kill yourself" is incredibly childish.

palangi
01-19-2015, 06:52 PM
I figured it was about bigs. This was a trade to get bigs. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings and sent you over the top irrationally. It was a huge bomb...I guess?

Mr Bones
01-19-2015, 06:53 PM
I figured it was about bigs. This was a trade to get bigs. I'm sorry it hurt your feelings and sent you over the top irrationally. It was a huge bomb...I guess?

Don't feel bad. He does this regularly.

exstatic
01-19-2015, 07:11 PM
Don't feel bad. He does this regularly.

Actually, that would be TPark. I haven't told anyone to kill themselves in months, other than today.

Mr Bones
01-19-2015, 07:16 PM
Actually, that would be TPark. I haven't told anyone to kill themselves in months, other than today.

They grow up so fast...

Beaverfuzz
01-19-2015, 07:28 PM
Kill yourself Gobert! JaMychal Green is here!

palangi
01-19-2015, 07:38 PM
What a relief. Your so grown up

DrunkTXLabrat
01-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Actually, it matters a lot. You believe the same fallacy as a number of failing and failed NBA GMs: that athleticism is the be all and end all of NBA scouting. Please explain Otto Porter, Ben McLemore, MKG, Waiters, Thomas Robinson, Derrick Williams, Tristan Thompson, Bismack Biyombo, Evan Turner, Wesley Johnson, Ekpe Udoh, Hasheem Thabeet, and Johnny Flynn, all marvelous athletes picked in the top 10, probably half in the top 5 of the last 5 drafts, all busts. A couple of them aren't even in the LEAGUE any more.

The athletic factor in this situation is wingspan. And youre way too early on a lot of your guys. Otto porter, mkg, and Tristan thompson specifically. And I just flat disagree with your notion of wait and see. Just see.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-19-2015, 08:02 PM
There is no wait necessary.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-19-2015, 08:04 PM
These guys are undervalued. Almighty RC included.

exstatic
01-19-2015, 09:41 PM
The athletic factor in this situation is wingspan. And youre way too early on a lot of your guys. Otto porter, mkg, and Tristan thompson specifically. And I just flat disagree with your notion of wait and see. Just see.

Ben McLemore was the #7 overall pick by the Kings in 2013. His PER by year are: 7.7 and 9.9.

Danny Green, a seldom used second rounder for Cleveland had a rookie PER of 12.3. The first time he got any appreciable minutes, at about the same point on the development curve as McLemore is now, he had a PER of 15.5.

McLemore is an extremely athletic bust. Derrick Williams is a bust. Thabeet is a bust. Johnny Flynn isn't even in the league anymore. Bust. Thomas Robinson, bust. All of those guys can jump out of the gym, and have great physical measureables. They just can't play basketball at the NBA level.

cjw
01-19-2015, 10:10 PM
McLemore is an extremely athletic bust.

He's only 21 and improved a bit this year, but still looks lost defensively and can't pass. I'm not going to completely write him off yet but wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in China in 5 years. He was also in a pretty weak draft - best players may end up being ones selected sporadically throughout the first round (Giannis, Schroeder, Dieng, Plumlee). Anything the Spurs get out of LJC in that context is gravy.

spursnatic
01-19-2015, 10:12 PM
Fuck Gobert..Thet's trade Kawhi for Chief Kickingstallionsims?:lol...

exstatic
01-19-2015, 11:47 PM
He's only 21 and improved a bit this year, but still looks lost defensively and can't pass. I'm not going to completely write him off yet but wouldn't be surprised to see him playing in China in 5 years. He was also in a pretty weak draft - best players may end up being ones selected sporadically throughout the first round (Giannis, Schroeder, Dieng, Plumlee). Anything the Spurs get out of LJC in that context is gravy.

When you're picked #7 overall, and get FAR outdone by a second round pick that is cut MULTIPLE TIMES by two teams, you're a bust. It's all about draft position. If Ben had been picked like #24, he gets some leeway, because late picks rarely pan out. A #7 overall should be at least playing at average NBA level, with a PER of 15 by now.

DrunkTXLabrat
01-20-2015, 10:52 AM
When you're picked #7 overall, and get FAR outdone by a second round pick that is cut MULTIPLE TIMES by two teams, you're a bust. It's all about draft position. If Ben had been picked like #24, he gets some leeway, because late picks rarely pan out. A #7 overall should be at least playing at average NBA level, with a PER of 15 by now.

he also plays on a dysfunctional team. matter of fact, robinson played for that same team and williams plays there now. speaking of williams, he also came from a dysfunctional team, the same team as flynn. put any other those guys on the spurs, and do they continue to suck?

in2deep
02-24-2015, 01:29 PM
this guy singlehandely destroyed spurs confidence last night. he's a videogame version of Mutombo :wow

hater
02-24-2015, 01:32 PM

TXstbobcat
02-24-2015, 01:55 PM
If anyone has that hot tub time machine then we can still trade up and draft him.

testies
02-24-2015, 02:00 PM
We have the wrong frenchie

TheGreatYacht
02-24-2015, 04:56 PM
Monster. Utah has beat Portland and SA since he was inserted into the Starting 5..

Malik Hairston
02-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Gobert is really nice, probably the only French player in the NBA doing anything productive this year, but I doubt his career lasts long, tbh..he's 7'2 with a giraffe body, he'll probably suffer from knee/foot problems for most of his career IMO..

Brazil
03-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Gobert as a starter 5-1, against grizz 24 rebounds, 15 points (6/10)

with Parker rested after a season of chilling out, dat FNT is gonna look good for the Euro at home tbh

romain.star
03-04-2015, 07:39 AM

with Parker rested after a season of chilling out, dat FNT is gonna look good for the Euro at home tbh

If Noah is in (and that's a huge if when you read L'équipe of today), I was wondering how the starting 5 would look like. Not sure you could start with a Noah/Gobert combo

Brazil
03-04-2015, 07:45 AM
If Noah is in (and that's a huge if when you read L'équipe of today), I was wondering how the starting 5 would look like. Not sure you could start with a Noah/Gobert combo

Noah won't play tbh... Only dude who could change his mind about FNT is his father but not sure he will interfer.
Noah does not give a shit about France and FNT. He is an american, product of US bb program, he has no link whatsoever with France except his dad... he speaks French like I'm speaking Russian.

But if he played, no way you can play both at the same time they have no mid range game at all... in terms of spacing that would be awful. So starter would be Noah and Gobert off the bench

Brazil
03-04-2015, 07:46 AM
imho fwiw

romain.star
03-04-2015, 07:58 AM
Noah won't play tbh... Only dude who could change his mind about FNT is his father but not sure he will interfer.
Noah does not give a shit about France and FNT. He is an american, product of US bb program, he has no link whatsoever with France except his dad... he speaks French like I'm speaking Russian.

But if he played, no way you can play both at the same time they have no mid range game at all... in terms of spacing that would be awful. So starter would be Noah and Gobert off the bench

100% agreed. Plus with those 2 in the starting 5, either Diaw or Batum has to come off the bench. Anyway, since London, i don't see Noah playing for France ever again, Rio included.

PS: you must speak pretty good russian then

TheGreatYacht
03-04-2015, 08:04 AM

Gobert :tu
Diaw :tu
Batum :tu
Fournier :tu
Parker :tu

Mahinmi
Turiaf
Gelabale/Piétrus
Beaubois

Batum is probably taking the summer off because of his shit play this season IMO

sinok
03-04-2015, 08:46 AM
Well, his knee and wrist are banged up, so FNT better hope Blazers gets ejected rapidly from the playoffs so he can rest.

Brazil
03-04-2015, 08:49 AM

Mahinmi
Turiaf
Gelabale/Piétrus
Beaubois

Batum is probably taking the summer off because of his shit play this season IMO

:lol I don't think Turiaf and Beaubois will be in the list tbh, beaubois maybe, Turiaf I don't think so

btw if parker, batum and diaw play like during this season so far... this FNT is going nowhere

Brazil
03-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Gelabale is now coming off the bench in french league so not sure about him either

hater
03-04-2015, 09:13 AM

Mahinmi
Turiaf
Gelabale/Piétrus
Beaubois

Cosign

hopefully Parker will find his rhythm soon. He could do something with that French GOAT team :tu

sinok
03-04-2015, 09:50 AM
-fail-

DrunkTXLabrat
03-04-2015, 01:24 PM
If anyone has that hot tub time machine then we can still trade up and draft him.

this

Johnny RIngo
03-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Wish we could have moved up in the 2013 draft to acquire this kid instead of that bust Livio Charles with the bad knees. Livio will end up joining Mahinmi and DeColo as another French disappointment.

kjhip1
03-04-2015, 01:32 PM
Imagine him developing an inside game. I'd take Gobert over Deandre Jordan right now

Cry Havoc
03-04-2015, 01:52 PM
Gobert might already be a max contract player. An incredibly young, talented big who plays stellar defense? Yeah, dude is gonna get PAID.

Brazil
03-04-2015, 02:32 PM
Gobert might already be a max contract player. An incredibly young, talented big who plays stellar defense? Yeah, dude is gonna get PAID.

let's not be too carried away tbh

Despite the fact Harlem is on a speedy decline he has a point regarding injury concerns tbh

Cry Havoc
03-04-2015, 06:57 PM
let's not be too carried away tbh

Despite the fact Harlem is on a speedy decline he has a point regarding injury concerns tbh

I'm not saying he's WORTH a max contract. I'm saying someone might throw one at his head. He's definitely a big with a ton of upside though, I could see him and Whiteside both on a starting unit for a long time.

I could honestly see Utah even being a force next year. They're 5 or 6-1 since Gobert took over Kanter's spot and have beat some of the best teams in the League.

spurraider21
03-04-2015, 07:19 PM
If it's for the minimum, why not?

DrunkTXLabrat
03-05-2015, 07:05 PM
wingspan and hand measurements kinda seem to be the new Manut Bol trend in the NBA. but this might work out a little better.

le13
03-07-2015, 05:38 AM
I'm not saying he's WORTH a max contract. I'm saying someone might throw one at his head. He's definitely a big with a ton of upside though, I could see him and Whiteside both on a starting unit for a long time.

I could honestly see Utah even being a force next year. They're 5 or 6-1 since Gobert took over Kanter's spot and have beat some of the best teams in the League.
THIS

le13
03-07-2015, 05:39 AM
If it's for the minimum, why not?

????? Just stop posting please if you are just saying such stupidity!

Brazil
03-07-2015, 06:51 AM
????? Just stop posting please if you are just saying such stupidity!

You right he should have used blue font tbh

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2017, 08:37 PM
https://images.lesechos.fr/archives/2015/lesechos.fr/09/11/021321002637_web.jpg

HOTS, get it done :worthy: