PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to try and figure this out?

Mixability
08-23-2005, 09:20 PM
http://www.origenxbox360.com/

Its obviously a countdown, Xbox related, but whats up with the tree and rabbit?

Sorry about the random subject, I'm bored.

Marklar MM
08-23-2005, 09:33 PM
http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/9042/Origen-Xbox-360-OurColonyNet-v2/

Zombie
08-23-2005, 09:39 PM
Bill Gates will be sitting under a tree playing with his Rabbit while idiots line his pockets some more. :rolleyes

Mixability
08-23-2005, 09:40 PM
Bill Gates will be sitting under a tree playing with his Rabbit while idiots line his pockets some more. :rolleyes

Sony Fanboy? :rolleyes

Zombie
08-23-2005, 09:43 PM
Sony Fanboy? :rolleyes
Nope, i've out grown video games and see what these manufacturers do to the gamers.

Mixability
08-23-2005, 09:45 PM
see what these manufacturers do to the gamers.
provide us entertainment? :lol

Zombie
08-23-2005, 10:12 PM
IF DROPPING $400 EVERY 2 YEARS IS ENTERTAINMENT, you have problems.
Oh wait a minute, I'm grown and have other commitments like providing for my family and having a roof over our heads.

TheTruth
08-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Nope, i've out grown video games and see what these manufacturers do to the gamers.
are your hands to big for the controllers?

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Oh wait a minute, I'm grown and have other commitments like providing for my family and having a roof over our heads.

Damn, $16 a month? Oh no....
And before you judge, I have other commitments too. I guess if you can't afford luxuries, you shouldn't judge people who can.

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:18 PM
are your hands to big for the controllers?

:lol

Trainwreck2100
08-23-2005, 10:21 PM

The XBox will be 4 years when 360 comes out, and the PS2 launched in 2000. So every two years is a little off the mark.

nickbroken
08-23-2005, 10:26 PM

Yeah because not everyone can drop $400 dollars every two years, and still have other commitments. :rolleyes

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:27 PM
do you drive a tahoe, danjo?

no why?

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:32 PM
because that's the best argument people have for wasting gas in those pieces of shit

"i can afford it"

oh i was wondering where you were going with that question. nah i'm not a suv type of person. but i see where you're coming from. not a good assumption though. way off actually.

MannyIsGod
08-23-2005, 10:34 PM
I don't understand why people feel the need to say they outgrew video games. You obviously haven't seen today's video games. I don't think I'll be able to afford the 400 bucks for a new 360 when it comes out, but I hope to get one soon.

Then again, November is just around the corner and maybe I can pull it off somehow.

Zombie
08-23-2005, 10:44 PM
I don't understand why people feel the need to say they outgrew video games. You obviously haven't seen today's video games. I don't think I'll be able to afford the 400 bucks for a new 360 when it comes out, but I hope to get one soon.

Then again, November is just around the corner and maybe I can pull it off somehow.
Manny, I have a 15 year old son, I've seen the graphics. When I say commitments I mean, if the boy wants a drivers license and drive one of my cars, $400 is way to much money for a video game.
I have out grown video games, they get very boring after a while.
I also bet all these so called gamers get the cheats for the game as soon as they get them. in my day, cheats were not easy to get, we played the game as it was meant to be played. I never took the easy way out.
manny, you are this so called do the right thing guy and you still think entertainment= a video game? Man, step out into the real world, there are so many things out there that are entertaining. Fuck, just walking around the block with a loved one is 100% better than a fucking game.
I'm out of this convo, I won't argue with you kids anymore. Have fun!

Hook Dem
08-23-2005, 10:45 PM
also i just like typing "danjo"
You like typing everything just to get your post count up! :rolleyes

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:46 PM
Manny, I have a 15 year old son, I've seen the graphics. When I say commitments I mean, if the boy wants a drivers license and drive one of my cars, $400 is way to much money for a video game.
I also bet all these so called gamers get the cheats for the game as soon as they get them. in my day, cheats were not easy to get, we played the game as it was meant to be played. I never took the easy way out.
manny, you are this so called do the right thing guy and you still think entertainment= a video game? Man, step out into the real world, there are so many things out there that are entertaining. Fuck, just walking around the block with a loved one is 100% better than a fucking game.

:idiot
good riddance

Trainwreck2100
08-23-2005, 10:49 PM

Yes, games have become a form of entertainment now. Some of the plots now are better than most movies. If you ever get a chance to play Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic you'll see the plot is easily better the Star Wars episode 1, and I played it w/out cheats or strategy guides.

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:50 PM

so you're complaining cause you can't beat a game, awww poor you.
hmm, the real world? isn't that on MTV? :lol
how bout playing video games with a significant other who loves them as much as you, now thats 100% better than walking around the park with them! this guy must be gullible to give in to the old stereotype of gamers= nerdy loners... :rolleyes

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:51 PM
Yes, games have become a form of entertainment now. Some of the plots now are better than most movies. If you ever get a chance to play Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic you'll see the plot is easily better the Star Wars episode 1, and I played it w/out cheats or strategy guides.

KOTOR I = :tu

have you played KOTOR II?

MannyIsGod
08-23-2005, 10:54 PM
Zombie,

I like video games, and I spend plenty of time with a loved one doing loved one things as well as doing "real world" things. Do you watch TV? Do you watch Movies? All are simillar to a video game without the interaction.

Whatever floats anyones but I guess. I just wish I had 400 bucks to spend on the 360 when it came out. :lol I'll get one eventually.

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:55 PM
because that's the best argument people have for wasting gas in those pieces of shit

"i can afford it"

so is it wrong to buy things that you can afford? :lol

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:56 PM
Zombie,
I just wish I had 400 bucks to spend on the 360 when it came out. :lol I'll get one eventually.

not to rain on your parade, but add in another $60 for each game, D'oh!

Trainwreck2100
08-23-2005, 10:57 PM
KOTOR I = :tu

have you played KOTOR II?

It was alright, it was about the same length as the first one, but definitely not as good, the plot's ok. If you play any game, it should be Jade Empire, that was made by the KOTOR 1 guys and the game was really awesome, just a little on the short side for an RPG 20+ hours.

Mixability
08-23-2005, 10:58 PM
It was alright, it was about the same length as the first one, but definitely not as good, the plot's ok. If you play any game, it should be Jade Empire, that was made by the KOTOR 1 guys and the game was really awesome, just a little on the short side for an RPG 20+ hours.

damn and i wanted to hold off on buying anything videogame related till the 360, thanks Trainwreck!!

Trainwreck2100
08-23-2005, 10:59 PM
not to rain on your parade, but add in another $60 for each game, D'oh!

I'd wait for a key game to come out, I made the mistake of getting a PS2 at launch and played my 64 more the first few months it came out.

Mixability
08-23-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd wait for a key game to come out, I made the mistake of getting a PS2 at launch and played my 64 more the first few months it came out.

Madden = key game

i'm waiting for the 360 to get this years Madden

baseline bum
08-23-2005, 11:23 PM

Bill Gates won't be making money off those X-Boxes for a while. Just like the original X-Box, he's going to be taking a loss for each one sold for a while considering the hardware in them.

MannyIsGod
08-24-2005, 12:51 AM
Danyo,

I won't be purchasing any games.

Gamefly.com

Mixability
08-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Danyo,

I won't be purchasing any games.

Gamefly.com

Do you ever purchase games? We're totally opposite in that regards, I don't even remember the last time I rented a game. Probably back in my SNES days. When I go back and run the numbers, in the past 4 years, I've probably well over $2500 in video games, sheesh, maybe I do have to start renting! How fast is the Gamefly service?

I always have the urge to get new games on release day. I just have a habit of getting a game, not finishing it, coming back later and playing it non-stop until I finish it. I'm actually trying to finish all the Xbox games I have left, now thats a task. Currently working on: Kingdom Under Fire, Matt Hoffmans Pro BMX, and Manhunt. And those are just in my "hurry up and finish before 360 comes out" stack. :spin

duncan_21
08-24-2005, 08:40 AM
I don't know why people put gamers down. Some people spend tons of money on golf, cars, tools, movies, or sports. If someone wants to spend disposable money on video games, big deal.

Video games aren't just for kids now. Look at the demographics of gamers, you might be surprised that I fit into it and I'm in my late 20's.

Games have evolved from the 2d games like galaga and pong. Games are almost like interactive movies.

I don't know if I qualify as a gamer, I spend at least 8 hours a week playing vid games. You don't have to spend alot of money if you're into consoles.

For example I waited for the ps2 to come down to $200. And 70% of the games I buy are $20 or less either used or greatest hits.

Mixability
08-24-2005, 08:50 AM
For example I waited for the ps2 to come down to $200. And 70% of the games I buy are $20 or less either used or greatest hits.

damn i wish i had as much willpower as you, i can't seem to fight the urge to buy the new consoles on release day! Games too, I remember picking up Halo 2 at midnight at the neighborhood Gamestop. I didn't camp out though, since I had just finished up a date and decided to drop by. :lol

MannyIsGod
08-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Danyo,

Some games are definetly worth owning. Madden, Halo, etc etc. But games are too damn expensive to pay 60 bucks and then beat the thing in 4 hours. It works a lot like Netflix. You get 3 games out at a time, keep them for as long as you want, then you send them back. They send the next one in a day or so.

Mixability
08-24-2005, 12:19 PM
Danyo,

Some games are definetly worth owning. Madden, Halo, etc etc. But games are too damn expensive to pay 60 bucks and then beat the thing in 4 hours. It works a lot like Netflix. You get 3 games out at a time, keep them for as long as you want, then you send them back. They send the next one in a day or so.

My must owns every year are Madden, NBA Live, Tony Hawk and whichever RPG I like (Final Fantasy is gonna rock on the 360!). I'm trying so hard to not go to Gamestop now and pick up Madden, since I want to get the 360 version. Ever tried getting brand new releases from Gamefly? Or do you get games after they've been out for a while?

MannyIsGod
08-24-2005, 01:08 PM
Actually, I've never used them. A buddy of mine started using them all the freaking time because he was burning the discs then sending them back. Modded PS2. He never had any problem getting them as they came out though.

Mixability
08-24-2005, 01:54 PM
Actually, I've never used them. A buddy of mine started using them all the freaking time because he was burning the discs then sending them back. Modded PS2. He never had any problem getting them as they came out though.

cool, thanks for the info...
and for future reference, gamestop.com has their 360 bundles up for preorder, don't look if your eyes are sensitive to sky high prices, they run from $700-$1200! Good thing I preordered on the first day back in May!

http://www.gamestop.com/productmerch.asp?groupid=310