PDA

View Full Version : Cancer lady gets fired with thoghtful letter

cantthinkofanything
09-12-2014, 04:03 PM
https://s.yimg.com/cd/resizer/2.0/FIT_TO_WIDTH-w500/210c47574d3b540e4aa917553a4d939952dc8217.jpg

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2014, 04:07 PM
Wow.

What a sweet letter.

Brazil
09-12-2014, 04:16 PM
that's cold

SnakeBoy
09-12-2014, 04:37 PM
:lol

baseline bum
09-12-2014, 04:55 PM
Why do dentists sign their name Dr.? What a faggot.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2014, 04:56 PM
Why do dentists sign their name Dr.? What a faggot.

Technically if he is an oral surgeon he isn't a dentist even though they fall under the Dentist regulatory systems in the US. In the UK oral surgeons are doctors.

CosmicCowboy
09-12-2014, 05:06 PM
Agree the guy is a heartless bitch though.

Wild Cobra
09-12-2014, 07:26 PM
What would you do?

hehateme
09-12-2014, 07:40 PM
What would you do?

extended leave of absence? less hours or work around a schedule between employee/employer?

Wild Cobra
09-12-2014, 08:05 PM
extended leave of absence? less hours or work around a schedule between employee/employer?

Visnich laid off Jumper so she could collect unemployment benefits while receiving treatment, "with the understanding that when she is feeling better, she can come back to work," Kelly told the Beaver County Times.

Her friend, John Barkovich, told the Pennsylvania paper that Jumper isn't concerned with Visnich or the letter — she has other priorities right now.

"She's in a fight for her life," Barkovich said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-fired-pay-telling-boss-cancer-article-1.1937524

hehateme
09-12-2014, 08:13 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/woman-fired-pay-telling-boss-cancer-article-1.1937524

So I guess this boils down to health care coverage as I assume it would have been covered a lot more while employed compared to being unemployed, or am I going off on a tangent.

Edit: Also, I assume she has to look for a new job to even apply for the unemployment which adds more un-needed stress during that time

baseline bum
09-12-2014, 08:26 PM
So I guess this boils down to health care coverage as I assume it would have been covered a lot more while employed compared to being unemployed, or am I going off on a tangent.

Nope

https://beavercountian.com/content/daily/doctors-letter-laying-off-employee-after-cancer-diagnosis-incites-outrage-and-calls-for-support

Although Carol Jumper worked full-time for Dr. Visnich, her fiancé said she did not have employer provided healthcare — the woman was able to get insurance on her own through an Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) health plan.

Sounds like he was just firing her and this story from the lawyer is bullshit to keep everyone from boycotting the faggot.

Reck
09-12-2014, 08:30 PM

She's "not concerned" with the letter yet she took a picture and posted it online for pity? Umm ok lady.

Beat the cancer though. :tu

Hoover
09-12-2014, 10:28 PM
Dr. Smalldick is more like it.

Cry Havoc
09-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Possible that he fired her so she could collect unemployment?

Hoover
09-13-2014, 02:53 PM
Unemployment compensation <<<<<<<<< regular pay. Woman's been supporting you for 12 years, you can give her something back.

DMC
09-13-2014, 05:48 PM
It's possible that his office cannot afford to pay someone for a year and not have them there. It's possible she had the option to purchase short term disability and even LTD, but perhaps did not. It's also possible that she was given the option of an extended LOA through FMLA or being released so she could get benefits and chose the latter, and that a friend read the letter and photographed it without her consent, and then posted it online.

SnakeBoy
09-13-2014, 09:25 PM

Did you ever get around to canceling your employee's healthcare, kick them over to obamacare and pocket the savings?

CosmicCowboy
09-15-2014, 08:48 AM
Did you ever get around to canceling your employee's healthcare, kick them over to obamacare and pocket the savings?

Nope. Stuck it out for another year. It's up to $17,000 a year for a family.

And I would have given her paid leave. I've paid employees for as long as three months before when they were out for health reasons.

SnakeBoy
09-15-2014, 05:03 PM
Nope. Stuck it out for another year. It's up to $17,000 a year for a family.

:wow What was it before ACA? Some say there will be a huge increase coming in 2017 when the subsidies for the insurance companies run out. Might put it out of reach.

And I would have given her paid leave. I've paid employees for as long as three months before when they were out for health reasons.

That's cool but I don't know this guys financial situation. I don't discount his version that he thinks being laid off is better for her and her job is waiting for her when/if she recovers. Sounds like she has pancreatic cancer that has spread to her liver and ovaries so the reality is she isn't coming back to work. Nobody beats that.

CosmicCowboy
09-16-2014, 08:39 AM
:wow What was it before ACA? Some say there will be a huge increase coming in 2017 when the subsidies for the insurance companies run out. Might put it out of reach.

It was a 22% increase with ACA minimums so hopefully it falls back to around 10% a year next renewal. Sucks when you have a 2% inflation rate and you HOPE for only a 10% health care increase

That's cool but I don't know this guys financial situation. I don't discount his version that he thinks being laid off is better for her and her job is waiting for her when/if she recovers. Sounds like she has pancreatic cancer that has spread to her liver and ovaries so the reality is she isn't coming back to work. Nobody beats that.

DMC
09-16-2014, 10:31 AM

You know those people who don't pay attention to things and mispronounce words all the time because they can't be arsed to focus? I know a guy who says "patriotic cancer... that shit kills you quick".