PDA

View Full Version : U2 Will Let You Download a Album For Free

Biernutz
09-13-2014, 01:38 AM
Music group U2 is allowing you to download their newest album on ITunes
at no cost. The group said that they don't make any money on CD's anymore so
the free download. The download is available till Oct. I listened to it and I
can see why it is free. Not as good as the earlier albums.

silverblk mystix
09-13-2014, 03:29 PM
Music group U2 is allowing you to download their newest album on ITunes
at no cost. The group said that they don't make any money on CD's anymore so
the free download. The download is available till Oct. I listened to it and I
can see why it is free. Not as good as the earlier albums.

Actually, U2 is making money off of this - because APPLE - bought the CD - and then is giving it away on ITUNES -

Maybe a new strategy - who knows if this will be a future thing to do - but U2 is getting paid regardless -

upon first listen - not too bad - there are some ok tunes in there and Bono appears to have "stepped up" his lyric-writing IMHO

baseline bum
09-13-2014, 03:44 PM
Who the fuck cares, you can download all their albums for free tbh.

unforeseen
09-13-2014, 04:03 PM
Apple paid $100 million for the current album. Apple is literally giving away money.

spurraider21
09-13-2014, 04:41 PM
I didn't download shit and it's on my phone :lol

Never cared for U2 though

koriwhat
09-14-2014, 03:17 AM
u2 sucks and cant sell cd's because u2 sucks, not because they can't sell cd's.

Big Empty
09-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Theres one cool song. The wave one

Kool Bob Love
09-14-2014, 10:26 AM
Apple is mad late. Jay-Z did this last year with samsung. But only 1 million copies tho.

Biernutz
09-14-2014, 10:45 AM
ITunes loaded up old U2 albums around the free album....Marketing........

Infinite_limit
09-14-2014, 01:47 PM
On the subject of U2. I read an interesting opinion piece on the band. They are special in that people seem to have strong opinions of them: either I hate or love. He attributed a few reasons

- Bono: getting involved politically. And the hypocrisy of the attempted making of the U2 tower.

- Consistent album release: Unlike other bands/artist that had a breakup and then resurgence, U2 has always remained on the scene which has watered down their product. Album atleast every 5 years.

- Commercialized: At times it is cutting edge but overall it just means U2 plastered all over mass media

- Aware of their "Greatness": Unlike other bands/artist that might acknowledge their popularity but ignore or downplay it, U2/Bono wear it proudly. This turns people off.

Overall for a band that has earned so much profit and to their credit been open to altering their sound numerous times, they have turned into somewhat of an afterthought. It is difficult to come up with a band with the same situation.

IronMexican
09-14-2014, 01:48 PM
How are people okay with this piece of shit being placed on their phones? Fuck Apple.

Venti Quattro
09-14-2014, 02:04 PM
Apple is mad late. Jay-Z did this last year with samsung. But only 1 million copies tho.

They let people download it through an app and they didn't force it onto people's mobile phones. Imagine all the other shit that Apple could force-feed to everyone's iOS devices

CitizenDwayne
09-14-2014, 02:07 PM
How DARE they offer free music to a mass audience?!?! The bastards!

Bender
09-14-2014, 06:34 PM
Never cared for U2 though
me neither. even free is too expensive for their stuff

elege
09-14-2014, 07:11 PM
On the subject of U2. I read an interesting opinion piece on the band. They are special in that people seem to have strong opinions of them: either I hate or love. He attributed a few reasons

- Bono: getting involved politically. And the hypocrisy of the attempted making of the U2 tower.

- Consistent album release: Unlike other bands/artist that had a breakup and then resurgence, U2 has always remained on the scene which has watered down their product. Album atleast every 5 years.

- Commercialized: At times it is cutting edge but overall it just means U2 plastered all over mass media

- Aware of their "Greatness": Unlike other bands/artist that might acknowledge their popularity but ignore or downplay it, U2/Bono wear it proudly. This turns people off.

Overall for a band that has earned so much profit and to their credit been open to altering their sound numerous times, they have turned into somewhat of an afterthought. It is difficult to come up with a band with the same situation.

I think that is the most important one. Whether a person likes the music or not, U2 has always had really good production. That glossy sound makes their music perfect for commercials. Commercials you hear every 10 seconds.

TheyCallMePro
09-14-2014, 08:49 PM
This is stupid. I don't think anyone has paid a dime for music since 1999. I know I haven't.

U2 are just attention whores. They haven't been relevant for a long time now and want the publicity for doing this.