PDA

View Full Version : Quinslings formerly known as good christians

xeromass
09-15-2014, 04:04 PM
A rose by any other name: the World Congress of Families in Moscow (http://anton-shekhovtsov.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/a-rose-by-any-other-name-world-congress.html)

Excerpts:

In one of my previous posts and a guest op-ed for War is Boring, I wrote that the US-based anti-LGBT hate group World Congress of Families (WCF) planned but then cancelled its annual meeting (World Congress of Families VIII) "Every Child A Gift: Large Families – The Future of Humanity". It was supposed to take place in Moscow on 10-12 September 2014. Discussing possible reasons for the cancellation of the event, I wrote:

[Following the outrageous annexation of Crimea by Putin’s Russia], the U.S. imposed sanctions on three Russian individuals — Vladimir Yakunin, Yelena Mizulina and Aleksey Pushkov — who have cooperated with WCF, among others.

Since the WCF is, above all, a U.S.-based organization, they most likely decided not to risk harming its reputation domestically by dealing with the sanctioned individuals.
As it often happens with the "good Christians" from various hate groups, the cancellation story was a lie. The WCF VIII did take place in Moscow on 10-11 September 2014, but had a different - yet unsurprisingly similar - name: the International Forum "Large Family and Future of Humanity".

The WCF's General Director Lawrence Jacobs and Communications Director Don Feder were listed as members of the Organising Committee of the congress on the website of the Foundation of St. Andrew the First-Called, but were later removed in order not to disclose openly the WCF's involvement.
In their August 2014 Newsletter, the WCF wrote:

WCF held a leadership strategy meeting for representatives of pro-family groups attending the event. There were reports on the upcoming International Forum: Large Family and Future of Humanity (Moscow, September 10-12, 2014) and World Congress of Families IX, Salt Lake City, October 27-30, 2015.

Note that the meeting in Salt Lake City in 2015 will be called WCF IX, not WCF VIII (it would have been natural, since WCF VIII was allegedly cancelled), so this is yet another confirmation that the International Forum "Large Family and Future of Humanity" is in fact the planned WCF VIII "Every Child A Gift: Large Families – The Future of Humanity".
The congress was essentially a political event aimed at presenting (and reinforcing the image of) Russia as a bastion of family and traditional values. In the absence of progressive modernising tendencies, Russia needs to lay claim on at least some primitive idea to explain the presumable validity of its ambitions for global leadership.

Although this probably doesn't constitute it I have only one wish - Obama administration prosecuting World Congress of Families for sanctions violation, Fox news reporting it and Daily show doing the recap.

If there is any god, pretty please :D