PDA

View Full Version : We haven't spoke on this for while

Kip Fanatic
08-24-2005, 10:24 AM
This is from the Seattle Times:
Nick Collison and Danny Fortson are under contract, while restricted free agents Vladimir Radmanovic and Reggie Evans have been tendered contracts. Evans is the incumbent and has started the bulk of two of the past three seasons, but Radmanovic has made demands about relinquishing his reserve status and will likely be the third highest-paid player on the team should he sign a long-term deal.

It's highly likely that Radmanovic will decline a six-year, $42 million offer and sign a one-year deal that will allow him to become an unrestricted free agent next summer. Such a maneuver would be risky and would only strengthen his desire to start, thus ensuring him more minutes and a chance to have a career-best season.

I don't know how bad Seattle wants a center. Nor do I know if they are under the salary cap/financial situation. However, I know that the Spurs have a center who will be making close to what they have offered Radmanovic. Maybe the Spurs can do a sign and trade. He (Radmonivc) may not be known for his defense, but right now I would rather have him on the Spurs roster than Rasho. If he were to sign a one year deal and then get traded to the Spurs, I think it would be great because we get rid of Rasho's contract and get cap room for next season. Also, the Spurs would get a solid player in return who can shoot very good from the 3-point line. Tell me what you guys think.

Horry For 3!
08-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Rad-man is a pretty good player off the bench. Also good at 3s and rebounding.

spurs_fan_in_exile
08-24-2005, 10:29 AM
I wouldn't mind getting him, but he's had a pretty big bug up his ass about starting wherever he goes, which would not be the case here.

Useruser666
08-24-2005, 10:29 AM
It's hard to rebound from behind the line.

marcus
08-24-2005, 10:31 AM
I would do Radmanovic with one year for Nesterovic any time.

Marcus Bryant
08-24-2005, 10:31 AM
Pass.

Kip Fanatic
08-24-2005, 10:32 AM
I know if I were POP and RC, I would be calling Seattle non-stop. Not because Radmanovic is good player, but because of the money. This would give the Spurs some flexibility next off-season when Nazr becomes a free-agent.

Kip Fanatic
08-24-2005, 10:33 AM
Why no thanks Mr. Bryant? You already have a back-up in Fabricio and would get another one in Radmanovic. On top of all that, you have money to spend next year.

Kori Ellis
08-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Radmanovic has been offered the five year deal mentioned above from Seattle, a 3-year deal, and the one year qualifying offer -- so far he hasn't agreed to any of them. The five year deal has incentives that could pay him about $50M. I'm not sure what he's looking for, but obviously it isn't in Seattle.

Rumors are that the Sonics are working on a S&T deal with the Celtics and another team. If they can't deal him, I guess he'll stay there for another year and then become unrestricted.

batman2883
08-24-2005, 11:28 AM
I would do Radmanovic with one year for Nesterovic any time.

You would do Radmonovic?

Mr. Body
08-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Radmanovic is looking to be a real idiot. Sprewell leaving money on the table level. He's riding for a big payday next summer, but there's a good number of free agents out there next year, with the same bad teams having the cap room to sign him (who weren't interested this year). And in the end, he has a novelty-type game - big man shoots threes. Yippee.

Marcus Bryant
08-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Why no thanks Mr. Bryant? You already have a back-up in Fabricio and would get another one in Radmanovic. On top of all that, you have money to spend next year.

I'd rather devote the $ to Mohammed.

Kip Fanatic
08-24-2005, 12:02 PM
I'd rather devote the $ to Mohammed.

That's going to be hard to do when you have Rasho's contract. That's why I think it would be good to trade him for Radmanovic after he signs a one year deal.