PDA

View Full Version : Whats the infatuation with San Diego State.

SilverSpur
09-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Kawahi Leonard , Malcolm Thomas , Josh Davis and now Jamal Franklin.
I'm I missing something. Is there something out in San Diego that POP sees that we don't or is he just hoping to find another Kawahi?
Is there someone on San Diego State now that we should be looking at?

Dex
09-19-2014, 07:49 PM
The front office is showing Kawhi that they value his input, and putting people around him that make him comfortable. Just like how they hired his best friend as a video and development guy.

Which is exactly the right move to make if you want him to stay in town.

ducks
09-19-2014, 07:59 PM
texas has cheaper taxes then cal

exstatic
09-19-2014, 08:22 PM
My guess is that Pop like Steve Fisher, and trusts what comes out of his program.

rasuo214
09-19-2014, 08:26 PM
Dwayne Polee

wildcardX
09-19-2014, 08:58 PM
All the Kentucky and UNC guys get taken in the draft?

rasuo214
09-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Well what do they all have in common? Play good defense (something SDSU takes pride in), athletic, not the best shooters.

exstatic
09-19-2014, 09:39 PM
All the Kentucky and UNC guys get taken in the draft?

:lol

Aztecfan03
09-19-2014, 10:07 PM
Kawahi Leonard , Malcolm Thomas , Josh Davis and now Jamal Franklin.
I'm I missing something. Is there something out in San Diego that POP sees that we don't or is he just hoping to find another Kawahi?
Is there someone on San Diego State now that we should be looking at?

Xavier thames was drafted by toronto this past draft and traded to the nets. Looks like he playing overseas now though.

Not sure which of these guys will be in the NBA but

Skyler Spencer (C) will be a junior this year. He is 6-10 235 and a really good shot blocker. 2.5 bpg in 23.8 minutes
Winston Shepherd (SF) is a junior. He is 6-8 205. Scored 11.6 ppg and 4.9 rpg last year in 26.6 minutes.
Dwayne Polee (SF) is a 6-7 195 lb senior. Best 3 point% (.391) from our regular players

THen we have 5-star recruit Malik Pope(sf), 4-star recruit Zylan Cheatham(sf), and 3-star recruits Trey Kell(sg) and Kevin Zabo(pg) .And Last year's recruits D'erryl williams(pg), and Dakarai allen(sf)

Aztecfan03
09-19-2014, 10:12 PM
http://www.nbadraft.net/2015mock_draft

This mock drafts mocks Polee and Shepherd early 2nd round. If i remember correctly Polee's is stronger on defense and Shepherd is a better ball-handler and offensive player.

these two articles probably have better info than me but i havent read them.
http://www.mwcconnection.com/2014/7/1/5861464/san-diego-state-basketball-will-dwayne-polee-ii-be-the-next-sdsu-player-in-the-nba
http://www.mwcconnection.com/2014/7/2/5865007/san-diego-state-basketball-will-winston-shepard-be-the-next-sdsu-player-in-the-nba

RD2191
09-19-2014, 10:28 PM
This thread is retarded.

wildcardX
09-19-2014, 10:55 PM
God help us all if a good Euro prospect goes to SDSU. I can imagine him pulling Parker into the office. "Sorry Tony we're trading you to the Bucks. No hard feelings but WE NEED THIS GUY!"
Parker then throws up his hands "POP, WHAT I DO?"

TampaDude
09-20-2014, 06:10 AM
God help us all if a good Euro prospect goes to SDSU. I can imagine him pulling Parker into the office. "Sorry Tony we're trading you to the Bucks. No hard feelings but WE NEED THIS GUY!"
Parker then throws up his hands "POP, WHAT I DO?"

:lol

myk13
09-20-2014, 12:13 PM
work ethic and Defense

Biggems
09-20-2014, 01:59 PM
is that the same fisher from the fab 5? if so, he was a very good coach at Michigan, and under his watch, they sent several players to the NBA.....and those players for the most part had long, productive careers. Of course, at Michigan, he was getting higher rated recruits.....so the fact that his current players are starting to make a name for themselves in the NBA, just shows how well he is coaching them.

Too bad James Ennis went to Long Beach St. instead of SDSU......had he been an Aztec, he may be a Spurs player right now......I am still upset about missing out on him 2 drafts ago.

I don't know much about Franklin, but if he is humble and hard working, I believe the Spurs can turn him into a quality NBA talent.

ChumpDumper
09-20-2014, 02:09 PM
My guess is that Pop like Steve Fisher, and trusts what comes out of his program.
This.

One of a few school pipelines that seem to remain active over the course of years.The connections with UT are well known, and the Toros always seem to end up with a U of Houston player through an "open tryout," etc.

exstatic
09-20-2014, 03:34 PM
is that the same fisher from the fab 5? if so, he was a very good coach at Michigan, and under his watch, they sent several players to the NBA.....and those players for the most part had long, productive careers. Of course, at Michigan, he was getting higher rated recruits.....so the fact that his current players are starting to make a name for themselves in the NBA, just shows how well he is coaching them.

Too bad James Ennis went to Long Beach St. instead of SDSU......had he been an Aztec, he may be a Spurs player right now......I am still upset about missing out on him 2 drafts ago.

I don't know much about Franklin, but if he is humble and hard working, I believe the Spurs can turn him into a quality NBA talent.

Hard working would definitely apply. Humble? Not to this point in time. :lol

Biggems
09-20-2014, 05:46 PM
by humble, I mean not being a "ME" type of guy. He needs to be willing to do whatever Pop says and take whatever Pop dishes out without getting all butt hurt. He needs to know from the onset that he is a part of the system, not The System. That is what I mean by humble.

It's kind of like when a business is hiring a new employee, but that employee refuses to do any grunt work. They talk constantly about how they have a college degree and they are so important and above such menial tasks. This means they will not be team players, they will not go all in for the business, and they are just there for a paycheck and not to foster positive growth for themselves and the business..........those people have no humility.