PDA

View Full Version : Clippers Report: Clippers' Chris Paul cried after Game 5 loss in OKC

baseline bum
09-22-2014, 09:45 AM
Report: Clippers' Chris Paul cried after Game 5 loss in OKC (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24717560/report-clippers-chris-paul-cried-after-game-5-loss-in-okc)
By James Herbert | NBA writer
September 20, 2014 10:24 am ET

http://sports.cbsimg.net/images/visual/whatshot/092014_cp3okc.jpg

Remember when the Los Angeles Clippers surrendered a seven-point lead in the final minute against the Oklahoma City Thunder? It was a while ago now, but Game 5 of that second-round series was crazy. Chris Paul made three crucial, uncharacteristic mistakes at the end of the game, and he blamed himself for the loss. Doc Rivers unleashed a tirade about the officiating. Two days later, the series and Los Angeles' season were over.

Looking back during a break on a commercial shoot, Paul told the Los Angeles Times' Ben Bolch that he still thinks about it:

Paul was so devastated he cried in the locker room afterward.

Four months later, the emotional fallout lingers.

"It would be lying to you to say I'd forgotten about it," Paul said during a break on set. "It's one of those things that I don't want to forget, to tell you the truth. I think for me, I feel like you have to remember things like that and therefore you don't want that feeling again. I know I don't."

It's stating the obvious, but let's not poke fun at Paul for the crying bit. Teammate J.J. Redick cried after the Clippers were eliminated, and during the Donald Sterling fiasco it was an emotional time for the players on and off the court. They cared, so they cried. As for Paul remembering that disastrous finish, it makes sense to try to hold onto it and use it as motivation.

While Paul wouldn't directly compare it to the San Antonio Spurs' Game 6 loss against the Miami Heat in 2013, it's hard not to make that connection. Outside of his office, Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich had a framed picture of the scoreboard, with San Antonio up by 13 in the third quarter. He took it down last month. Perhaps the Clippers could do something similar.

scanry
09-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Wouldn't have mattered as the Spurs would've swept the Clippers tbh. The Clippers were the Spurs easiest matchup.

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 09:51 AM
:lol Crybaby faggot
:lol Choker
:lol Career loser

ambchang
09-22-2014, 10:06 AM
CP3 Kobe'd after game 5.

Very touching.

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 10:12 AM
I dont see the big deal. He cares. It's not "macho" but when you really look at it with all the hugging, slapping etc the NBA sometimes is not macho. I was never embarassed when Kobe/Fisher cried as the Spurs murdered the 3 peat. To me it showed how much they cared ... and I think that has proven out as they continued their careers.

Make fun of Paul for being a flop/con-artist. YOu can even say he "chokes" (whatever happened to that best finisher since MJ thread? lol)
But crying after a loss is not a negative in my book. IF he uses that hurt to destroy PG's this year ... it's all good.

scanry
09-22-2014, 10:13 AM
^ The hate is strong in this one.

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Wouldn't have mattered as the Spurs would've swept the Clippers tbh. The Clippers were the Spurs easiest matchup.

I agree. but clips do have elite talent ... I just think Paul and Doc are a bit overrated. Paul is a great PG and if you love advanced metrics an all-time great ...but something just seems off with this team. doc has improved it as Paul did before him, but they just lack SOMETHING. Heck, even Blake added to his post game and Deandre improved on defense ... but yet I still dont trust them as title contenders which they should be.

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 10:16 AM
^ The hate is strong in this one.

Huh? I dont hate Paul ...or did you mean my boy, Amb.

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 10:35 AM
So its wrong for Chris Paul to cry and blame HIMSELF but Doc Rivers gets 50 million bucks for having a child-like meltdown over the blown out-of-bounds call?

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 10:38 AM
I wonder what the Clippers think if Doc Rivers ever tells them to keep their cool.

"The Meltdown" was the worst display of coaching Ive ever seen in the NBA.

scanry
09-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Huh? I dont hate Paul ...or did you mean my boy, Amb.

amb.

Thread
09-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Duncan didn't cry after Amy & Battier, but, I certainly did.

tee, hee.

ambchang
09-22-2014, 11:10 AM
amb.

I don't have a problem with CP3. In fact, CP3 > Parker and every other PG in the league right now, and probably since about 08.

lefty
09-22-2014, 11:13 AM
And Malik Hairston (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18403) thinks today's players would have survived in the 90's ?

Kirby :cry
Durant :cry
CP3 :cry

:lmao

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 11:15 AM
So its wrong for Chris Paul to cry and blame HIMSELF but Doc Rivers gets 50 million bucks for having a child-like meltdown over the blown out-of-bounds call?
Hop off Choke Paul's dick, he is stealing $107 million from this franchise and always chokes in the playoffs....

Speaking of child-like meltdowns, remember when Amar'e was too fucking retarded to stay off the court and the Suns and their fans melted down and blamed Stern?

:lol Dudley > Melo

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 11:18 AM
I agree. but clips do have elite talent ... I just think Paul and Doc are a bit overrated. Paul is a great PG and if you love advanced metrics an all-time great ...but something just seems off with this team. doc has improved it as Paul did before him, but they just lack SOMETHING. Heck, even Blake added to his post game and Deandre improved on defense ... but yet I still dont trust them as title contenders which they should be.
The problem is that the $107 million crybaby thinks he's a LeBron type who can carry an offense by himself, but in reality, is a six-foot-nothing choker point guard who is extremely easy to shut down in the playoffs....

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 11:30 AM
The problem is that the $107 million crybaby thinks he's a LeBron type who can carry an offense by himself, but in reality, is a six-foot-nothing choker point guard who is extremely easy to shut down in the playoffs....

I dont know. I underrated Paul at first ... maybe I overrate him now. DOK's PG theory is interesting but I grew up on Isiah and Magic and that is who Paul reminds me most of Thomas. If you put a Badboy type defense around him and just enough offense I think Paul could win a title. I think Doc has some stuff to prove as well, tbh.

Paul is so cut-throat cant understand how people buy the Cliff Paul commercial version. dude is as ruthless as Isiah was ...

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 11:34 AM
I dont know. I underrated Paul at first ... maybe I overrate him now. DOK's PG theory is interesting but I grew up on Isiah and Magic and that is who Paul reminds me most of Thomas. If you put a Badboy type defense around him and just enough offense I think Paul could win a title. I think Doc has some stuff to prove as well, tbh.

Paul is so cut-throat cant people buy the Cliff Paul commercial version. dude is as ruthless as Isiah was ...
I used to think Paul was the next Isiah, possibly better, but nope, he's just soft and a choker....

Like his good friend Kirby, he manufactures an image of a "ruthless competitor" when in reality he is selfish and can't win jackshit as the first option.... even with an elite defense, he would have to be a role player on offense to even sniff a ring....

Jacob1983
09-22-2014, 11:34 AM
Clippers can't blame shit on Sterling anymore cause he gone.

ambchang
09-22-2014, 11:45 AM
Problem with CP3 is that he is ball dominate, and his effectiveness nosedives when he doesn't have the ball. Isiah shared the ball well, and acted as a great decoy even without the ball.

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 11:46 AM
I used to think Paul was the next Isiah, possibly better, but nope, he's just soft and a choker....

Like his good friend Kirby, he manufactures an image of a "ruthless competitor" when in reality he is selfish and can't win jackshit as the first option.... even with an elite defense, he would have to be a role player on offense to even sniff a ring....

Won't take the Kobe bait, but outside of the past few years he never really lost when he was favored to win, which for me has to be first criteria for a "choker". What i think happens to Paul he expends so much energy flopping, pestering, trash talking and harassing that he looks great early on in most series but falters late as the series wears on ...

i think he could benefit from a Bowen type to take on the best PG's and I do think he can be the #1 option for the right team and coach. Maybe I am wrong, but we will see.

Leetonidas
09-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Is there any player in history who has gotten more of a pass than Choke Paul? Routinely chokes, routinely raped by supposedly lower-tier PGs, never even sniffed a conference Finals, widely regarded as the 3rd best player in the game, takes all the credit from Griffin, flops constantly, etc

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 11:54 AM
Is there any player in history who has gotten more of a pass than Choke Paul? Routinely chokes, routinely raped by supposedly lower-tier PGs, never even sniffed a conference Finals, widely regarded as the 3rd best player in the game, takes all the credit from Griffin, flops constantly, etc

Funny how times change. I was leading the CP3 is overrated, not THAT much better than Dwill/Drose/Westbrook/Parker buss ... Now I am his biggest defender here, outside of Amb and maybe Harlem ...(not sure if he has disowned him)

I agree he is a bit overrated by metric guys... but remember Dirk was once considered a choker too ...heck even some called Lebron that too. Give Paul near prime Wade and Bosh doesnt he get at least one title? No he is not Lebron but he is pretty good.

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 11:54 AM
The "taking credit from Blake" thing is the funniest part, tbh.... I've heard so many people claim that he's a product of Choke, when in reality, he's played his best basketball without Choke :lol

Also love how before last season, Choke tried to claim that Blake "needs to be the closer," but then spent the entire season hogging the ball in the second half of games per par and choking in the playoffs again.... seems like he was just trying to deflect the blame onto the more criticized player :lol

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Now where I will go on the Paul attack is the notion because of some stats that he is the GOAT PG ... he has to go along way to sniff that. Right now, Magic Isiah, Stockton, are definitely greater and you can make a case for GP and Kidd ...

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 11:58 AM
I really should have pursued law ...
I am the public defender of Spurstalk most hated: Paul, Kobe, rose, Durant Westbrook ...

scanry
09-22-2014, 12:43 PM
The biggest myth about Paul is his defense. He's no way an all defensive player. Just like Kobe, CP3 gets hyped by the media for his defense.

AlexJones
09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
And Malik Hairston (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=18403) thinks today's players would have survived in the 90's ?

They would've been nurtured a different way.

scanry
09-22-2014, 12:45 PM
Now where I will go on the Paul attack is the notion because of some stats that he is the GOAT PG ... he has to go along way to sniff that. Right now, Magic Isiah, Stockton, are definitely greater and you can make a case for GP and Kidd ...

I'd rather have a PG like Parker than Paul tbh. Atleast Parker can pull the trigger in the 4th quarter. Paul on the other hand is a choke artist. He freaking let Jannero Pargo jack up shots in 2008.

Malik Hairston
09-22-2014, 12:48 PM

http://www.nba.com/bulls/sites/bulls/files/jordan1_111122_0.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_drUMJ9HF-tQ/SwMDDV5ttoI/AAAAAAAAJe4/t8fIiVYkBYY/s1600/kiss.jpg

Pretty soft, tbh..

m>s
09-22-2014, 12:53 PM
Cp3 is solid but he does always look like a little crybaby. Also I don't get the choker thing outside of maybe 08. He's a pg and a distributor not a Kevin Durant who is going to ISO every play in the 4th and carry the offense with his scoring. From what I've seen he's hit a lot of big shots. He's one of those players I fear with the ball in his hand as an opposing fan.

skut_farkus
09-22-2014, 12:56 PM
I don't actually understand the hate on paul. Can someone name some current pg's they would rather have on that Clipper team than him?

Malik Hairston
09-22-2014, 12:59 PM
I don't actually understand the hate on paul. Can someone name some current pg's they would rather have on that Clipper team than him?

It's puzzling, because the majority of star PGs in NBA history are chokers, tbh:lol..

Paul isn't even particularly a choker, he just defers in clutch time, which is probably the correct move as a PG..his style of play is questionable, obviously, as he dominates the ball(as everybody knows)..

It's kind of funny when Spurs fans mention Parker, as he has made a career out of choking in the playoffs:lol..

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 12:59 PM
Yes overrated on defense he gambles quite a bit he is just very good at his gambling. Plus he tries hard which you cannot say for Harden. As for the Tony argument in the Spurs system, sure take Parker and I think Tony could do even more in a system that is different but I do think Paul is the overall better player but Tony is more proven. But Paul has had shifty coaches before and no Timmy.

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 01:12 PM
Cp3 is solid but he does always look like a little crybaby. Also I don't get the choker thing outside of maybe 08. He's a pg and a distributor not a Kevin Durant who is going to ISO every play in the 4th and carry the offense with his scoring. From what I've seen he's hit a lot of big shots. He's one of those players I fear with the ball in his hand as an opposing fan.
He's a "distributor" when it's a run of the mill regular season game or when he's scared and looking for a scapegoat (Pargo), but he turns into a heroballer late in games when he thinks there's an opportunity to take all the credit, which usually blows up in his face against playoff defenses....

He hits big shots in the regular season, but come playoff time, in those moments he's usually doing stupid shit, overdribbling, or trying to draw cheap free throws....

I would rather have a cheap role player at point guard and a legitimate small forward, tbh.... this team is going nowhere as long as the de facto first option is six-foot-nothing and is shut down as soon as a bigger defender is put on him....

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 01:16 PM
It's puzzling, because the majority of star PGs in NBA history are chokers, tbh:lol..

Paul isn't even particularly a choker, he just defers in clutch time, which is probably the correct move as a PG..his style of play is questionable, obviously, as he dominates the ball(as everybody knows)..

It's kind of funny when Spurs fans mention Parker, as he has made a career out of choking in the playoffs:lol..
Enrique is an overrated choker too, he's just always been able to ride Duncan, DRob, Manu, Kawhi, etc. when it matters.... give him his own team and his resume is no different from Choke Paul's :lol

spurraider21
09-22-2014, 01:19 PM
Enrique is an overrated choker too, he's just always been able to ride Duncan, DRob, Manu, Kawhi, etc. when it matters.... give him his own team and his resume is no different from Choke Paul's :lol
you mean like when lechoke was able to ride ray allen when it mattered? :downspin:

Trainwreck2100
09-22-2014, 01:21 PM

Who really overrates Parker besides Spurfan though?

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 01:21 PM
you mean like when lechoke was able to ride ray allen when it mattered? :downspin:
Nope, more like how Washed-Up Wade rode LeBron AND Ray when it mattered :downspin:

I've never seen LeBron have to get benched for Speedy Claxton in clutch situations :lol

RD2191
09-22-2014, 01:26 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfcyp6xLIMY

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 01:31 PM
so strange for me to defend Paul ... sometimes watching a guy day in and day out gives you better perspective. I saw about half the CLips games last year he is legit and he is not even as good as he was pre-injury. I agree Blake will have to carry them to a title but I think Paul will be just as crucial to their success.

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 01:33 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfcyp6xLIMY

Dude stepped up and took blame, cannot knock him for that ...

~O~
09-22-2014, 01:41 PM
As I remember, that game was horseshit like a pack of horse on the court eating grass from ice buckets and taking shits.

m>s
09-22-2014, 01:47 PM
He's a "distributor" when it's a run of the mill regular season game or when he's scared and looking for a scapegoat (Pargo), but he turns into a heroballer late in games when he thinks there's an opportunity to take all the credit, which usually blows up in his face against playoff defenses....

He hits big shots in the regular season, but come playoff time, in those moments he's usually doing stupid shit, overdribbling, or trying to draw cheap free throws....

I would rather have a cheap role player at point guard and a legitimate small forward, tbh.... this team is going nowhere as long as the de facto first option is six-foot-nothing and is shut down as soon as a bigger defender is put on him....
Every player has his flaws, and while he may do some of that, I feel like people are being too hard on him. They also said dirk was a choker.

ElNono
09-22-2014, 01:52 PM
He should. He threw that game away, Manu-style.

Chris
09-22-2014, 02:09 PM
fMGnTDi1Io0

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 02:14 PM
Every player has his flaws, and while he may do some of that, I feel like people are being too hard on him. They also said dirk was a choker.

I brought up the same ...When I first moved to DFW Dirk and Romo were getting murdered as chokers. (I came shortly after the Seattle gaffe). Dirk has shed the label but Tony and CP3 have not ...

Spurs 4 The Win
09-22-2014, 02:41 PM
That game was straight up bullshit, they got robbed by dumbass plays and rigged officiating. I wonder if he cried after the Spurs took his lunch money in game 7 vs New Orleans in 2008?

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 02:46 PM
That game was straight up bullshit, they got robbed by dumbass plays and rigged officiating. I wonder if he cried after the Spurs took his lunch money in game 7 vs New Orleans in 2008?

Rigged? Why would they rig it for OKC? Yes, KD is a bigger star than Paul. but I would argue Paul and Blake together or at least as big as KD & Russ combined. All 4 have endorsements and big shoe deals. Blake/Paul has many commercials or more than the OKC duo. Plus La. is a much bigger market. And dont use Sterling as an excuse, If they had won it, couldn't they have shaken down Ballmer for more money? these NBA conspiracies are so stupid why would they rig a Spurs 5th ring over a Heat 3peat?

InRareForm
09-22-2014, 02:51 PM
Who cares... passionate player, rare to find these days.

Sean Cagney
09-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Nothing else new since he looks like he is pouting or crying with that whiny face on all game long after a call or a non call.

Spurs 4 The Win
09-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Rigged? Why would they rig it for OKC? Yes, KD is a bigger star than Paul. but I would argue Paul and Blake together or at least as big as KD & Russ combined. All 4 have endorsements and big shoe deals. Blake/Paul has many commercials or more than the OKC duo. Plus La. is a much bigger market. And dont use Sterling as an excuse, If they had won it, couldn't they have shaken down Ballmer for more money? these NBA conspiracies are so stupid why would they rig a Spurs 5th ring over a Heat 3peat?

How do you explain all the breaks that OKC gets then?
Ex. 2012 WCF game 6

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 03:41 PM
How do you explain all the breaks that OKC gets then?
Ex. 2012 WCF game 6

Look I havent had much talks with you but do you believe that the Spurs win DESPITE the rigged games? Are they so good that they win and overcome a rigged league? or the games they lose are only the rigged ones? Because if the league is rigged Spurs benefiting from it too ...

Spurs 4 The Win
09-22-2014, 03:46 PM
Look I havent had much talks with you but do you believe that the Spurs win DESPITE the rigged games? Are they so good that they win and overcome a rigged league? or the games they lose are only the rigged ones? Because if the league is rigged Spurs benefiting from it too ...

Game 6 2012 was clearly rigged imo. I dont think every game or series is rigged but that one was. I dont even think game 6 vs OKC with the missed goaltend was rigged. I literally think the 2012 series was rigged though. To me, it was clear as day. Go watch the second half of game 6, at least 15 points on momentum turning plays gifted to OKC.

RsxPiimp
09-22-2014, 03:50 PM
never understood the hate on paul. the clippers have steadily been one of the most horrible franchise, not just in the nba but in all of professional sports until he arrived :lol he made griffins transition a lot easier too which is one of the most underrated aspect of his existence with the clippers.

he came in and the clippers not only became respectable (making the playoffs, won 50+ games for the first time in franchise history :lol and they were able to finally hang a pacific division banner)

paul is also the only reason why b. scott still has a job in todays league, making the B look respectable in NOH. :lol

i hate how he continues to make a mockery of the game of basketball, but come on, his contribution in retrospect has been tremendous in his short amount of time with the clippers.

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 04:09 PM
Problem with CP3 is that he is ball dominate, and his effectiveness nosedives when he doesn't have the ball. Isiah shared the ball well, and acted as a great decoy even without the ball.

WTF?

Paul averages 3.2 steals per 40. The average pg gets 2.1.

Paul averages 5.9 rebounds per 40. The average pg gets 4.6.

Im not sure what you expect him to do when he doesnt have the ball, but play defense and rebound is usually at the top of the list.

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 04:11 PM
There isnt a team in the league that wouldnt trade its starting PG for Paul.

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 04:13 PM
Game 6 2012 was clearly rigged imo. I dont think every game or series is rigged but that one was. I dont even think game 6 vs OKC with the missed goaltend was rigged. I literally think the 2012 series was rigged though. To me, it was clear as day. Go watch the second half of game 6, at least 15 points on momentum turning plays gifted to OKC.

The Spurs winning a title is inherent proof that the league is most certainly not rigged.

You cant say its rigged in one breath and then say it wasnt rigged FOR THE SPURS. Why the hell would the league want the Spurs to win?

Its the classic "the league is against my team" that fans from EVERY team spout when their team loses.

ambchang
09-22-2014, 04:14 PM
WTF?

Paul averages 3.2 steals per 40. The average pg gets 2.1.

Paul averages 5.9 rebounds per 40. The average pg gets 4.6.

Im not sure what you expect him to do when he doesnt have the ball, but play defense and rebound is usually at the top of the list.

I mean on offense. CP3 isn't as useful without the ball on offense as Isiah.

As for his steals and rebounding, it helps increase this myth that he's a great defensive PG, which he isn't.

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 05:05 PM
he made griffins transition a lot easier too which is one of the most underrated aspect of his existence with the clippers.
Unanimous ROY without Choke Paul, pretty sure the "transition" wasn't a problem for him :lol

paul is also the only reason why b. scott still has a job in todays league, making the B look respectable in NOH. :lol
Well, there's one good thing he's done: fool Fredo into hiring yet another shit coach :lol

Spurs 4 The Win
09-22-2014, 05:59 PM
The Spurs winning a title is inherent proof that the league is most certainly not rigged.

You cant say its rigged in one breath and then say it wasnt rigged FOR THE SPURS. Why the hell would the league want the Spurs to win?

Its the classic "the league is against my team" that fans from EVERY team spout when their team loses.

Typically, the NBA guides the product we see. They make momentum calls here and there, nothing major to raise suspicion. They want the biggest superstars playing at the end for the biggest draws (hence superstar calls). They wont blatantly rig a game for a particular team to achieve the outcome they want, but what they will do is put that team in a favorable position to win. Situations like these are not super obvious to casual viewers and preserve the integrity of the game and have gone in favor of many teams (and may even be attributable to shitty reffing.)
However, in 2012, that game 6 was a whole other level, it was blatant rigging and anyone who watched the game would realize this. Spurs were shooting the lights out and the NBA did not want a game 7 in SA so they literally took over the game and took out the Spurs with rigged officiating.

therealtruth
09-22-2014, 06:14 PM
CP0's flopping is what caused the game. If he hadn't tried to flop they would have fouled him. He hits the freethrows. Ballgame.

They still had their chances to even the series in game 6 in LA. That's how you make up for the loss you win the next game. The best players are motivated by losses and play some of their best basketball in those bounce-back games.

unforeseen
09-22-2014, 06:24 PM

Would you take Austin Rivers instead?

http://blogimages.thescore.com/tbj/files/2013/01/doc-austin-rivers-flat-haats.jpg

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 06:55 PM
Typically, the NBA guides the product we see. They make momentum calls here and there, nothing major to raise suspicion. They want the biggest superstars playing at the end for the biggest draws (hence superstar calls). They wont blatantly rig a game for a particular team to achieve the outcome they want, but what they will do is put that team in a favorable position to win. Situations like these are not super obvious to casual viewers and preserve the integrity of the game and have gone in favor of many teams (and may even be attributable to shitty reffing.)
However, in 2012, that game 6 was a whole other level, it was blatant rigging and anyone who watched the game would realize this. Spurs were shooting the lights out and the NBA did not want a game 7 in SA so they literally took over the game and took out the Spurs with rigged officiating.

So that would mean that in spite of the league rigging against the Spurs every year, they managed to win the title five times. Likewise the Mavs were able to beat the Heat despite the Heat being put in a "favorable position" to win.

How inefficient is the league's "rigging" that they were NEVER able to get the Kobe vs. Lebron matchup that would have been ratings gold? How were the Magic able to get past Cleveland when Lebron's team was being put in a "position to win" every single game?

The level of conspiracy youre suggesting is ridiculous. If you look at that game six objectively, its easy to see it was the Thunder that was shooting lights out, not the Spurs:

http://www.nba.com/games/20120606/SASOKC/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

Spurs 4 The Win
09-22-2014, 07:06 PM
So that would mean that in spite of the league rigging against the Spurs every year, they managed to win the title five times. Likewise the Mavs were able to beat the Heat despite the Heat being put in a "favorable position" to win.

How inefficient is the league's "rigging" that they were NEVER able to get the Kobe vs. Lebron matchup that would have been ratings gold? How were the Magic able to get past Cleveland when Lebron's team was being put in a "position to win" every single game?

The level of conspiracy youre suggesting is ridiculous. If you look at that game six objectively, its easy to see it was the Thunder that was shooting lights out, not the Spurs:

http://www.nba.com/games/20120606/SASOKC/gameinfo.html#nbaGIboxscore

Once its in the Finals, they dont care, I have seen very little sketch officiating in Finals series.

And lol, please, Spurs were up 15 at half and then the Thunder were allowed to rape us in the paint and we couldnt touch them (and when we didnt touch them, we still got called). I think they scored 15 consecutive points on free throws in the 4th quarter. And as I said, the only rigged games I have ssen were the Laker-Kings game and game 6 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjxFgXse5oo

Killakobe81
09-22-2014, 07:13 PM
Once its in the Finals, they dont care, I have seen very little sketch officiating in Finals series.

And lol, please, Spurs were up 15 at half and then the Thunder were allowed to rape us in the paint and we couldnt touch them (and when we didnt touch them, we still got called). And as I said, the only rigged games I have ssen were the Laker-Kings game and game 6 2012.

Even if a game is officiated poorly doesnt make it rigged. Sure the Lakers got some shaky calls but the Kings did plenty to contribute to their own demise. Blown Ft's and horrible shooting by two starters Webber/Christie were as criplling as a few bad calls.... despite being Laker biased I feel no sympathy for that team of chokers. And when we sucked next year it was the Spurs who ended us not Sacramento they had more talent than us in 2002 but were not title-worthy.

One bad call that series was the Late 3 at the half (samaki Walker Game 4) the ended up being huge in such a close game ...tbh.

elmanutres
09-22-2014, 07:26 PM
Duncan didn't cry after Amy & Battier, but, I certainly did.

tee, hee.
i remember fondly when the tired old shitbag's best friend Derek Fisher couldn't hold it when the time starting waning in 2003. Then korby starting tearing up too. I cried along with them from the laughter.

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 08:34 PM

And lol, please, Spurs were up 15 at half and then the Thunder were allowed to rape us in the paint and we couldnt touch them (and when we didnt touch them, we still got called). I think they scored 15 consecutive points on free throws in the 4th quarter. And as I said, the only rigged games I have ssen were the Laker-Kings game and game 6 2012.

So let me get this straight:

1) The NBA uses officiating to try to influence teams by putting their star players "in position" to win.

2) Sometimes (as in game 6), they flat out rig a game.

3) In the finals, no rigging is done and the games are played fair and square.

What would it take to change your mind? Ive already pointed out that the Thunder shot better than the Spurs (despite the Spurs shooting "lights out"). The answer, of course, is "nothing". Theres zero evidence that could be put forth to convince you that the league isnt rigged.

Brunodf
09-22-2014, 08:40 PM
There isnt a team in the league that wouldnt trade its starting PG for Paul.
Ironically i don't think the Suns would give up Dragic for CP3...

Thread
09-22-2014, 09:18 PM
i remember fondly when the tired old shitbag's best friend Derek Fisher couldn't hold it when the time starting waning in 2003. Then korby starting tearing up too. I cried along with them from the laughter.

Of course,,,

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Kool Bob Love
09-22-2014, 09:25 PM
Of course,,,

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

....Done.

Spurs 4 The Win
09-22-2014, 09:29 PM
So let me get this straight:

1) The NBA uses officiating to try to influence teams by putting their star players "in position" to win.

2) Sometimes (as in game 6), they flat out rig a game.

3) In the finals, no rigging is done and the games are played fair and square.

What would it take to change your mind? Ive already pointed out that the Thunder shot better than the Spurs (despite the Spurs shooting "lights out"). The answer, of course, is "nothing". Theres zero evidence that could be put forth to convince you that the league isnt rigged.

The only possibly rigged finals was the Mavs-Heat series. But that was a vendetta against Cuban. Once it is in the Finals, the NBA gets whatever ratings they are gonna get and that's that, no need to compromise the product on the biggest stage (except with the Mavs, see Cuban).

And about Game 6, we shot lights out in the first half when we were allowed to play basketball. In the second half, the circus ensued and they were allowed to grab us one very play and if we breathed on them or looked at them wrong (Stephen jackson techincal) it was a foul. They shot 15 straight FT's in the fourth quarter to erase the deficit they had faced and the refs denied scoring plays for the spurs that also served a two-fold purpose of getting the best players (ex. Manu) into foul trouble while keeping the best players on the Thunder rout of foul trouble. But hey, keep pointing at the meaningless final stats instead of the video that shows what actually happened.

Perry Mason
09-22-2014, 09:31 PM

Yeah like when he won that finals MVP, or his 4th quarter game 5 of this years' finals playing injured.

You sir are a serial exaggerator and Parker hater.

If you want to win hypothetical statistical fantasy games, CP3 is a GOAT. If you want to win basketball games, Parker is a better point guard. Even last year, which was All-star but not MVP level due to fatigue, he was a better decision maker than Paul. See their Game 5's against OKC. Parker played a far better floor game and did not choke. Paul did. Could not ask for a more direct comparison.

RsxPiimp
09-22-2014, 09:32 PM
Unanimous ROY without Choke Paul, pretty sure the "transition" wasn't a problem for him :lol

yeah but against who? john wall? :lol followed by demarcus cousins.:lol

blake was going to get that ROY based on hype alone, no one in that class generated more excitement than griffin. he was fortunate no one paid attention to the clippers and he had the green light to play monkey ball all season long.

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 10:51 PM

So I finally watched the video. This watches like a Ron Paul "he predicted it" video. Theres NOTHING in the video that would suggest any type of conspiracy. Just Spurs fan bitching and whining about losing.

Russel Westbrook no call on the loose boul foul. Oh well...yes that was a foul. It happened in a blink of an eye. Happens all the time.

Stephen Jackson technical: You dont know what he says to assistant coach. Video claims he said nothing but theres NO ANGLE SHOWING HIS FACE. Even if he just turned around and stared thats definitely worthy of a technical. However, he PROBABLY said something.

Many Ginobili foul: THATS A FOUL. Moving screen and using an elbow. Maybe it could have gone other way but every replay shows Ginobili extending his elbow. I think thats the correct call.

Parker foul: He undercut him. Hard to see the angle because the person who created the video purposely left it out.

Theres no other "questionable" calls in the video. The rest is just text. Probably because every other free throw wasnt even controversial.

They lost. The blew a big lead on the road. Thats basketball.

Thread
09-22-2014, 10:54 PM
....Done.

That's what they said just afore 5 & 6.

tee, hee.

Spurs 4 The Win
09-22-2014, 10:55 PM
So I finally watched the video. This watches like a Ron Paul "he predicted it" video. Theres NOTHING in the video that would suggest any type of conspiracy. Just Spurs fan bitching and whining about losing.

Russel Westbrook no call on the loose boul foul. Oh well...yes that was a foul. It happened in a blink of an eye. Happens all the time.

Stephen Jackson technical: You dont know what he says to assistant coach. Video claims he said nothing but theres NO ANGLE SHOWING HIS FACE. Even if he just turned around and stared thats definitely worthy of a technical. However, he PROBABLY said something.

Many Ginobili foul: THATS A FOUL. Moving screen and using an elbow. Maybe it could have gone other way but every replay shows Ginobili extending his elbow. I think thats the correct call.

Parker foul: He undercut him. Hard to see the angle because the person who created the video purposely left it out.

Theres no other "questionable" calls in the video. The rest is just text. Probably because every other free throw wasnt even controversial.

They lost. The blew a big lead on the road. Thats basketball.

All credibility lost right there, he doesnt touch him, he doesnt even come close, you are fucking blind

Stephen Jackson didnt say anything either, the coach even said so after the game

Also there was an unshown play where Manu scores an and 1 where Durant is clearly not set and gets called an offensive foul. And since when does Harden pretending he was shot by ISIS when he touches Ginobili constitute an offensive foul?

And there were 15 consecutive points off FT's for the thunder. You are clearly just trolling.

Anyone who saw that game knows it was rigged.

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 11:03 PM
All credibility lost right there, he doesnt touch him, he doesnt even come close, you are fucking blind

Stephen Jackson didnt say anything either, the coach even said so after the game

Also there was an unshown play where Manu scores an and 1 where Durant is clearly not set and gets called an offensive foul. And since when does Harden pretending he was shot by ISIS when he touches Ginobili constitute an offensive foul?

And there were 15 consecutive points off FT's for the thunder. You are clearly just trolling.

Anyone who saw that game knows it was rigged.

Westbrook certainly acted like he was fouled. At worst, it was a good acting job that fooled the official. At worst, Parker got him and we're specifically not shown the replay below the waist because its too damning the narrative the video creator is trying to sell.

As for Stephen Jackson technical, if you turn around and just stare down the opposing bench, the ref is well within his right to give you a T. He stared for a long time. Cant do that. That leads to fights etc.

da_suns_fan
09-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Just watched it again. Top replay shows Parkers thigh undercutting westbrook. 3:04 mark.

Watch it and weep.

Kool Bob Love
09-22-2014, 11:05 PM
That's what they said just afore 5 & 6.

tee, hee.

one year later,,,"it makes last year okay".....Done.

hater
09-22-2014, 11:10 PM
Cried Paul the Thrid

Spurs 4 The Win
09-22-2014, 11:19 PM
Just watched it again. Top replay shows Parkers thigh undercutting westbrook. 3:04 mark.

Watch it and weep.

He didnt touch him, still dont know what you are watching, I watched that game in HD with my entire family, which consists of several Mav fans, and you could clearly tell that Parker never touched him (and they agreed). Maybe its the low quality playing tricks on you but he didnt touch him.

elmanutres
09-22-2014, 11:27 PM
Of course,,,

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Just gonna completely let me get away calling Korby a tosb? Well that's a first

Clipper Nation
09-22-2014, 11:28 PM
Even Dale finally has to admit who the sole owner and proprietor of the Bag is :lol

Thread
09-23-2014, 12:08 AM

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Thread
09-23-2014, 12:09 AM
one year later,,,"it makes last year okay".....Done.

Uh, uh.

And daddy-O? You know it.

100%duncan
09-23-2014, 02:08 AM
I dont give a shit if he cried or not but we would have swept them anyway.