PDA

View Full Version : Grantland: 15 questions for Matt Bonner

flox
09-22-2014, 03:37 PM
Pretty good Q/A with Goldsberry/Bonner. Excerpt below, hit the link for the full article.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/15-questions-for-san-antonios-matt-bonner/

1. First of all, congrats on winning your second NBA title. You guys obviously had a terrific run, but are there any moments that stick out for you?
Honestly, I would have to say Vince Carter’s buzzer-beating 3-point game winner in Game 3 of our opening series against the Mavericks. That gave them a 2-1 series lead with Game 4 in Dallas. Having to rebound from such a tough road loss and being on the ropes tested our character, and overcoming the adversity of that situation was a huge wake-up call moving forward through the rest of the playoffs.

DPG21920
09-22-2014, 04:33 PM
12. My friend Zach Lowe wanted me to ask you about the whereabouts of Coach B; like the Man in the Mountain, he seems to have vanished. Whatever happened to that guy?

First of all, it’s the Old Man of the Mountain. As for Coach B, it’s been years since anyone has seen him. However, it’s rumored that he started helping out with the Serbian national team right after group play and stopped right before the gold-medal game.

:lmao

FlAVaK
09-22-2014, 04:41 PM
9. What kind of music have you been listening to this summer?

I have two young children at home so aside from ..., Rosenshontz, and ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FSMjDe6QzQ

:rollin

SnakeBoy
09-22-2014, 06:20 PM
8. Has Tim Duncan ever tried?

Tim Duncan doesn’t try the Bonner Challenge. Tim Duncan decides when he wants to beat it and then does so blindfolded, left-handed, and with hundreds of rattlesnakes at his feet immediately after completing an Iron Man.

:lol

CGD
09-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Marty is the man. His nonprofit sounds awesome.

Spur|n|Austin
09-23-2014, 12:26 PM
:lol man it's impossible not to like Bonner - I dig his sense of humor.

09-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Wow, it doesn't seem like he's been a spur for so long

09-23-2014, 01:00 PM
:lol man it's impossible not to like Bonner

cantthinkofanything
09-23-2014, 02:19 PM
:lol man it's impossible not to like Bonner - I dig his sense of humor.

begrudgingly...yes...but he's kind of like the 23 year old kid that still lives at home
you might still like him but he's taking up space and using up resources. You expect so little out of him that when he does something good, it's like..."oh shit...he took out the trash and washed the car. honey...he's such a good boy." Dad's like (in Chris Rock voice)..."so we're going to reward him for doing shit that he's SUPPOSED to do?!?!".
I forgot where I was going with all that. oh yeah...Bonner hits a three. WOO HOOO. What the fuck else is he here for?

Dex
09-23-2014, 02:23 PM
begrudgingly...yes...but he's kind of like the 23 year old kid that still lives at home
you might still like him but he's taking up space and using up resources. You expect so little out of him that when he does something good, it's like..."oh shit...he took out the trash and washed the car. honey...he's such a good boy." Dad's like (in Chris Rock voice)..."so we're going to reward him for doing shit that he's SUPPOSED to do?!?!".
I forgot where I was going with all that. oh yeah...Bonner hits a three. WOO HOOO. What the fuck else is he here for?

He's the Ibaka Stopper. :lol

wildbill2u
09-23-2014, 02:37 PM
That's the first time I ever saw the Coach B video. It is hilarious. It obviously took a lot of work and shows how far Matt will go to entertain folks with his humor. I hope the Spurs find a place for him in the organization when he ends his playing days.

Uriel
09-23-2014, 07:43 PM
For the record, Bonner's SAT score of 1350 puts his IQ in the top 2% of the world population, which would qualify him for admission into Mensa.

IMO, he should seriously consider a career in coaching after this season. He certainly has the intelligence to do it.

outmap
09-23-2014, 08:17 PM
For the record, Bonner's SAT score of 1350 puts his IQ in the top 2% of the world population, which would qualify him for admission into Mensa.

IMO, he should seriously consider a career in coaching after this season. He certainly has the intelligence to do it.

I really thought the Spurs would not re-sign him this is season but hire him as an assistant coach.

spurs10
09-24-2014, 12:12 AM
The Red Mamba aka The Red Rocket is a great dude all around. I loved it when he started against OKC. He didn't score, but he sure spread the floor.

quentin_compson
09-24-2014, 03:38 AM
Bonner certainly seems like a smart, funny and nice guy.

Spur|n|Austin
09-24-2014, 12:26 PM

:rollin

Mel_13
09-24-2014, 01:17 PM
HOFer:

http://florida.247sports.com/Bolt/Matt-Bonner-Camilo-Villegas-to-join-Florida-Hall-of-Fame-31440804