PDA

View Full Version : BEST COACH IN THE NBA

Johnsyounger
09-22-2014, 06:32 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24720910/nba-coaching-rankings-our-ratings-for-every-nba-coach

Long, but he knows what he's talking about....

CLIFF NOTES:POP is #1

SnakeBoy
09-22-2014, 06:43 PM
Funny to see Coach Bud already having the same rating as Scott Brooks...and that's being too generous to Brooks.

Ed Helicopter Jones
09-23-2014, 01:46 AM
I liked the job Horny did in Phoenix this past season. Solid coach in my opinion.

I expect Kerr's stock to rise pretty quickly. He's definitely got the basketball mind, we'll see if he can motivate and lead as the top dog.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-23-2014, 02:50 AM
Ouch @ Brett Brown and Fisher.

exstatic
09-23-2014, 07:15 AM
Ouch @ Brett Brown and Fisher.

Brown is handicapped by that retarded ten year plan they are apparently using in PHI.

ambchang
09-23-2014, 07:34 AM
How McHale is only tied for last is beyond me. He should be a 0.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-23-2014, 07:48 AM
Brown is handicapped by that retarded ten year plan they are apparently using in PHI.

No doubt but then he must have known exactly what he was getting into. On Philly, a competent GM would be positioning them extremely well for the post salary cap explosion NBA. Not sure about theirs yet. They have some great talent to develop but shameless tanking isn't the way to do it, what player would be giving his all when the GM is actively trying to lose more games hammering that loser mentality into these young players.

Richie
09-23-2014, 08:41 AM
No doubt but then he must have known exactly what he was getting into. On Philly, a competent GM would be positioning them extremely well for the post salary cap explosion NBA. Not sure about theirs yet. They have some great talent to develop but shameless tanking isn't the way to do it, what player would be giving his all when the GM is actively trying to lose more games hammering that loser mentality into these young players.

I think the Sixers have it spot on. Next season they'll have Embiid and Saric, along with another likely Top 3 pick and the Heats mid 1st-round pick. Couple those four with Noel and MCW, they'll presumably have 6 quality guys on cheap rookie deals next year. Add in another good lottery pick in 2016 and huge cap space to sign someone in that free agent class, they could be contenders in the East in just two years.

Obviously it's unlikely that they'll get the star they need in free agency to become a real contender for 16/17, but then again one of their draftees could become a star and they'd only need a good second option in free agency.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-23-2014, 08:50 AM
I think the Sixers have it spot on. Next season they'll have Embiid and Saric, along with another likely Top 3 pick and the Heats mid 1st-round pick. Couple those four with Noel and MCW, they'll presumably have 6 quality guys on cheap rookie deals next year. Add in another good lottery pick in 2016 and huge cap space to sign someone in that free agent class, they could be contenders in the East in just two years.

Obviously it's unlikely that they'll get the star they need in free agency to become a real contender for 16/17, but then again one of their draftees could become a star and they'd only need a good second option in free agency.

They obviously will rely on some of their picks becoming stars but all of them need serious development and I'm not seeing anything like that there at the moment. I'd say in the environment they've created they're increasing the chance their lottery picks would be busts and underdevelopped. Also, they're not seeing Saric anytime soon, Noel and Embiid absolutely cannot play together in the 2010s NBA and the Heat pick is meh IMO.

Richie
09-23-2014, 09:37 AM
They obviously will rely on some of their picks becoming stars but all of them need serious development and I'm not seeing anything like that there at the moment. I'd say in the environment they've created they're increasing the chance their lottery picks would be busts and underdevelopped. Also, they're not seeing Saric anytime soon, Noel and Embiid absolutely cannot play together in the 2010s NBA and the Heat pick is meh IMO.

The thing with the Sixers is that it's way too early to say. Obviously there's nothing great there yet, but out of 4 picks in the last two drafts only MCW has played in the NBA so far and he won Rookie of the Year, albeit in a very poor class.

Embiid is supposedly a good jumpshooter, and if so he can play with Noel just as Duncan can play with Splitter. It won't work against all teams, they'll need a player who can stretch the floor like Diaw for certain matchups, but it's much too early to say they can't play together.

Again, it's far too early to write off the Heat pick as 'meh'. There's a good chance it could be a #15 or #16, and there's often good players to be had there, just look at Kawhi.

Dverde
09-23-2014, 11:37 AM
Monty Williams has to be dead last. I have no idea why he still has a head coaching job. Thibs and Jim Carrey should be #2 or #3. Doc #4. Spolstra should be middle of the pack.