PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Would you Settle for Leonard in 2016?

urunobili
09-23-2014, 09:33 AM
Since Kawhi hasn't been resigned I wonder if them Lakers fans have any expectations (don't know even if he's part of their taste and kept in their good graces) of him being the targeted free agent since Durant since to be headed to Washington.

The kid is a local there after all and KoB will be gone by then.

Just testing the waters tbh

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtpVtnPW4AOuvYx573mkkYGk5p4MGNL KTvS0hFFS0j7xCYmDLv

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRIB4dNI5nnRVegHRqqfIZjdQPYH9MnT bRfPTHHCWJEFMHQY6ONow

RsxPiimp
09-23-2014, 09:38 AM
Would be nice if we can pick him up. A Kobe/Leonard combo would wreak havoc in 2016.

Richie
09-23-2014, 09:43 AM
Why settle for Leonard? If you're going pie in the sky, you might aswell sign Lebron and Davis.

scanry
09-23-2014, 10:31 AM
Would be nice if we can pick him up. A Kobe/Leonard combo would wreak havoc in 2016.

You're kidding right?

Clipper Nation
09-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Sorry, but Ballmer is buying Kawhi in 2016....

Kawhi and Blake :wow

ambchang
09-23-2014, 10:45 AM
Many teams will clear room for Durant and Lebron in 2016, and Love to an extent. Davis will likely get an extension next summer, Kawhi will likely get one this year (I hope).

But then, there really are only two players worth the max in Durant and Lebron, which means that many teams will be left out, and with a burning hole in their pockets. Players like Noah and Horford will be paid because of that.

Killakobe81
09-23-2014, 11:28 AM
Many teams will clear room for Durant and Lebron in 2016, and Love to an extent. Davis will likely get an extension next summer, Kawhi will likely get one this year (I hope).

But then, there really are only two players worth the max in Durant and Lebron, which means that many teams will be left out, and with a burning hole in their pockets. Players like Noah and Horford will be paid because of that.

IF Davis stays healthy would pay him max. But outside of that I agree those are the only two current players worth the max.

Killakobe81
09-23-2014, 11:33 AM
KL I would throw huge money at but not max ...

ambchang
09-23-2014, 11:42 AM
IF Davis stays healthy would pay him max. But outside of that I agree those are the only two current players worth the max.

You're right, Davis is a max player too.

KL I would throw huge money at but not max ...

Not under the current CBA, but he will be worth it in the new projected CBA. Also, he will get either the max, or something close to it. There is no way he gets less coin than Hayward and Parsons.

Thread
09-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Methinks he's a one trick pony, though without him carrying that homosexual Duncan to it---it would still be:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

Killakobe81
09-23-2014, 11:56 AM
You're right, Davis is a max player too.

Not under the current CBA, but he will be worth it in the new projected CBA. Also, he will get either the max, or something close to it. There is no way he gets less coin than Hayward and Parsons.

I agree he deserves more than those clowns even broke down Kobe does tbh ....

But even with new projected I think it is unwise to pay max money to non max money players. KL is trending upwards but is he a tony Parker or Chauncey level of finals MVP? Is heeven Dirk, Pierce or Kobe when they won? Those are 3 HOF who were never as good (still great) after they won their last finals MVP?

Love KL but I wouldnt do it (max)

ambchang
09-23-2014, 12:05 PM
I agree he deserves more than those clowns even broke down Kobe does tbh ....

But even with new projected I think it is unwise to pay max money to non max money players. KL is trending upwards but is he a tony Parker or Chauncey level of finals MVP? Is heeven Dirk, Pierce or Kobe when they won? Those are 3 HOF who were never as good (still great) after they won their last finals MVP?

Love KL but I wouldnt do it (max)

No question, I don't think that he should, but he just will (or get close to it). That's just the way the market is for SFs in todays' league.

spurraider21
09-23-2014, 12:05 PM
Even if we don't extend Kawhi he'd be restricted and the Spurs would essentially match anything

baseline bum
09-23-2014, 12:08 PM
The idea that just because LeBron and Durant are absolute steals at the max that no one else is worth the max is ridiculous.

TDMVPDPOY
09-23-2014, 12:30 PM
better off chasing westbrick

Killakobe81
09-23-2014, 12:37 PM
The idea that just because LeBron and Durant are absolute steals at the max that no one else is worth the max is ridiculous.

I doubt he ever leaves ...maybe only if Pop leaves prior to his decision point. Lakers really need to miss playoffs and keep their first rounder my guess is draft wont be great but need to hit a KL or PG (pre-injury) type home-run. A loyal young prospect who rises but not too fast ...gotta keep those contracts down ...

DPG21920
09-23-2014, 12:44 PM

Well, IMO, there aren't many max players (if you are talking basketball & not marketing). Max to me means you can take a bad team to a playoff team (Bron w CLE) or a good team to a legit contender. There really aren't that many. Look at all the guys getting max or close to it that go to playoff teams & barely move the needle.

Obviously there are other circumstances (marketing, ticket sales, market attractiveness) but for basketball reasons I don't think there are many worth the max at the moment considering the % of the cap they take up.

Killakobe81
09-23-2014, 01:01 PM
Well, IMO, there aren't many max players (if you are talking basketball & not marketing). Max to me means you can take a bad team to a playoff team (Bron w CLE) or a good team to a legit contender. There really aren't that many. Look at all the guys getting max or close to it that go to playoff teams & barely move the needle.

Obviously there are other circumstances (marketing, ticket sales, market attractiveness) but for basketball reasons I don't think there are many worth the max at the moment considering the % of the cap they take up.

Exactly. It's a 2 man club with Advais knocking at the door. I would say Paul, Blake, Russ are just a couple notches below that. But only Lebron and KD are for sure in that club.

RsxPiimp
09-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Exactly. It's a 2 man club with Advais knocking at the door. I would say Paul, Blake, Russ are just a couple notches below that. But only Lebron and KD are for sure in that club.

Dwight was that player too, unfortunate since he can't capitalize his talent.

baseline bum
09-23-2014, 01:29 PM

That definition of max player would be great if max was $35 million. Since max is roughly $20 million guys like Westbrook, Davis, Griffin, Paul, Love, Anthony, and Howard are pretty easily max guys too.

Killakobe81
09-23-2014, 02:05 PM
That definition of max player would be great if max was $35 million. Since max is roughly $20 million guys like Westbrook, Davis, Griffin, Paul, Love, Anthony, and Howard are pretty easily max guys too.

I get what you saying and you are not wrong. I'm just saying if you want to be a title team makes sense to pay top dollar if giving max to prime Tim, Shaq, Kobe ... but how many teams have won giving max money to players that are not legit top 5 players? For me at 35 or even 20 million and it's just I think the best chance at maintaining success and being a legit title contender is only paying a select few guys THAT kind of money. I get for ticket sales, Large small market payouts to keep a home-grown talent or to attract a FA ...but that fails so much more than it succeeds. I dont even mine the near guys like Paul and blake getting max i just dont like the But any non all-star type (parsons/Hayward) that you pay big money to is crippling to long term success. Despite his warts I would have loved to keep Dwight at 18 mill for 4 same for Melo. Neither provide Lebron or KD type value so I would not pay a premium for it.

jeebus
09-23-2014, 02:38 PM

King Paul
Crawford
Kawhi
Griffin
DeMonkey

Duncan and Parker would obviously follow the mule that carried them to try and coattail to another ring. sons your team would be unstoppable.

SPM
09-23-2014, 02:43 PM

lol keep dreaming nigga

baseline bum
09-23-2014, 02:55 PM
I get what you saying and you are not wrong. I'm just saying if you want to be a title team makes sense to pay top dollar if giving max to prime Tim, Shaq, Kobe ... but how many teams have won giving max money to players that are not legit top 5 players? For me at 35 or even 20 million and it's just I think the best chance at maintaining success and being a legit title contender is only paying a select few guys THAT kind of money. I get for ticket sales, Large small market payouts to keep a home-grown talent or to attract a FA ...but that fails so much more than it succeeds. I dont even mine the near guys like Paul and blake getting max i just dont like the But any non all-star type (parsons/Hayward) that you pay big money to is crippling to long term success. Despite his warts I would have loved to keep Dwight at 18 mill for 4 same for Melo. Neither provide Lebron or KD type value so I would not pay a premium for it.

You're essentially saying let your best talent walk if it's not LeBron or Durant. I don't see that as a way to build a title contender either.

Killakobe81
09-23-2014, 03:07 PM
You're essentially saying let your best talent walk if it's not LeBron or Durant. I don't see that as a way to build a title contender either.

Not walk, trade. The dwill, Penny and Arenas of the world scares me how many fell off the cliff after they got paid? You overpay to keep or acquire non franchise studs and you never (rarely) get that value back. Spurs have kept a good core without paying max. Not sure if any other team has won a title with no max players. But I can list you a bunch of teams that have not won paying dudes max that do not deserve it. Of course you pay prime guys max money and if you have legit ones you do everything you can to hold on to 'em. if they are not that you can overpay for shorter years or give more years at an annual discount. Giving both (max years and money) to non franchise guys is dumb. a young guy with breakout potential I get you will have to overpay some to keep (KL). But i think rox was smart not to match on Parsons and Utah was dumb to do so with Gordon. Same with Pelicans with Eric Gordon. Does Josh smith deserve his contract? Suns were wise to let Amare go. Jazz were wise to trade Dwill. All non franchise guys that got paid like one. Even the spurs as smart as they come got burned by the RJ trade ...have they made that mistake since? clips future looks good but what if they traded Deandre and could have given that money to someone else? How much more value does Monta Ellis have at his current salary versus his previous one?

DJR210
09-23-2014, 03:51 PM

:lol Kobe in the plans thru 2025
:lol Spur 4 life

Buddy Mignon
09-23-2014, 04:22 PM
Kiwi is nothing but a c level role player that got lucky at the right time.

DPG21920
09-23-2014, 04:37 PM

What definitely doesn't build a contender is overpaying slightly above average players max money that take up a large % of the cap. With how management in the NBA is, you should absolutely fleece people for younger talent/draft picks if your star is a star that demands max money but has already proven that even with a good team, they can't make a CF.

baseline bum
09-23-2014, 04:43 PM
What definitely doesn't build a contender is overpaying slightly above average players max money that take up a large % of the cap. With how management in the NBA is, you should absolutely fleece people for younger talent/draft picks if your star is a star that demands max money but has already proven that even with a good team, they can't make a CF.

I'm not talking about throwing max money at Gordon Hayward or Joe Johnson. I'm talking about throwing it at elite players like Westbrook, Paul, Love, Davis, etc.

Splits
09-23-2014, 05:03 PM
Kawhi's camp has already indicated they're "confident" an extension will happen. Max extension is 5/90 whereas in FA he can get 4/70 from another team. Knowing the Spurs culture, and looking how TP just resigned well below max, I imagine they'll get Leonard for around 5/80. I highly doubt he'll become an RFA, it's just not the Spurs style and Kawhi isn't going to hold out for max money and stand out as the "selfish" one in the locker room.

The other flavor is to give him an opt-out for when the cap is expected to rise or when Tony's contract comes off the books and presumably TD & Manu are riding off into the sunset...

DPG21920
09-23-2014, 05:33 PM
I'm not talking about throwing max money at Gordon Hayward or Joe Johnson. I'm talking about throwing it at elite players like Westbrook, Paul, Love, Davis, etc.

There's not too many more "etcs" in there tbh. Again, I refuse to believe you are worth the max if you can't even make the playoffs. Lebron is worth more than the max, so it's not apples-to-apples, but unless your team is going to have an inflated cap that ownership is ok with (like CLE will eventually if they stay the course) you aren't doing yourself any favors IMO.

Lebron's team in CLE was arguably just as bad as Love's and Love couldn't do anything. He barely would have made the playoffs in the East with his record last year and wouldn't have the last 2 years. My definition of max money again is can they take a pretty bad team and drag them to the playoffs / can they elevate a playoff team to a true contender. If the answer is no, I don't think they are worth it.

I think the guys you mentioned are probably close, but they are right on the line with most probably being a "no" to the two questions.

baseline bum
09-23-2014, 06:00 PM
There's not too many more "etcs" in there tbh. Again, I refuse to believe you are worth the max if you can't even make the playoffs. Lebron is worth more than the max, so it's not apples-to-apples, but unless your team is going to have an inflated cap that ownership is ok with (like CLE will eventually if they stay the course) you aren't doing yourself any favors IMO.

Lebron's team in CLE was arguably just as bad as Love's and Love couldn't do anything. He barely would have made the playoffs in the East with his record last year and wouldn't have the last 2 years. My definition of max money again is can they take a pretty bad team and drag them to the playoffs / can they elevate a playoff team to a true contender. If the answer is no, I don't think they are worth it.

I think the guys you mentioned are probably close, but they are right on the line with most probably being a "no" to the two questions.

The Timberwolves were/are a horrible organization top to bottom outside of Love, so I'm not blaming him for finishing 10th in the West with the horrible coaching, front office, and team Love had around him. Here's a list of guys who I consider max worthy:

James
Durant
Westbrook
Love
Howard
Griffin
Davis
Paul
Anthony
Aldridge

Kind of 50/50 on Curry due to his injury history and Harden due to his complete lack of effort on defense.

Arcadian
09-23-2014, 06:09 PM

WTF? First of all, Kobe is done. He's never going to be a good NBA player again. Second, :lol Leonard is not going to the Lakers in 2016. Third, :lol even if he did, they would still suck.

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 08:44 AM
The Timberwolves were/are a horrible organization top to bottom outside of Love, so I'm not blaming him for finishing 10th in the West with the horrible coaching, front office, and team Love had around him. Here's a list of guys who I consider max worthy:

James
Durant
Westbrook
Love
Howard
Griffin
Davis
Paul
Anthony
Aldridge

Kind of 50/50 on Curry due to his injury history and Harden due to his complete lack of effort on defense.

Of course there are special circumstances but I would not pay max to anyone on that list outside of the big two and maybe Davis. if max is $20 mill the other guys should get $18 at most. Problem is scrubs are getting $15 mill so of course that means those guys will get max. I am just saying I dont think they deserve it if the market was being set by competent owners/GM.

Im all for players getting money but they agreed to this shitty CBA which has punished the uber-duber stars like Lebron and Durant and screws the budding ones like A.Davis.

Max contract are 4 or 5 years (depending on if they are re-signing, IIRC) over 5 years that 2 million = $10 million Id rather have a lessor star like KL at $18 plus a good role player or two than pay the max to most of the guys on that list.

If I could get KL, Mills and Green for 20 million (Spurs have those 3 for less) that is ideal. I get Spurs were smart and a bit lucky. But I would rather have Montae Ellis, Diaw and Pau for the 20 million is costs to sign Melo, Aldridge, and the like.

I may include Griffin in my above list (worth max) if he continues to develop at the same rate he did last year. due to health and age not sure I would include anyone else.

I just hope my team is taking the same approach. It seems like we chasing Dwight and Anthony types ...

and lol at young "stars" like Klay thompson wanting max money. Love the kid rooted for his did as a youngster. Have wanted him or Barnes on the Lakers. But, if he asked for max I would laugh in his face even if he is better than Parsons or Hayward. In what world does Klay deserve Lebron money?!

baseline bum
09-24-2014, 09:09 AM
Of course there are special circumstances but I would not pay max to anyone on that list outside of the big two and maybe Davis. if max is $20 mill the other guys should get $18 at most. Problem is scrubs are getting $15 mill so of course that means those guys will get max. I am just saying I dont think they deserve it if the market was being set by competent owners/GM.

Im all for players getting money but they agreed to this shitty CBA which has punished the uber-duber stars like Lebron and Durant and screws the budding ones like A.Davis.

Max contract are 4 or 5 years (depending on if they are re-signing, IIRC) over 5 years that 2 million = $10 million Id rather have a lessor star like KL at $18 plus a good role player or two than pay the max to most of the guys on that list.

If I could get KL, Mills and Green for 20 million (Spurs have those 3 for less) that is ideal. I get Spurs were smart and a bit lucky. But I would rather have Montae Ellis, Diaw and Pau for the 20 million is costs to sign Melo, Aldridge, and the like.

I may include Griffin in my above list if he continues at the same rate he did last year. due to health and age not sure I would include anyone else.

I just hope my team is taking the same approach. It seems like we chasing Dwight and Anthony types ...

But the market is set specifically to reward midlevel and above average players since the truly elite franchise players like Durant and James have an artificial ceiling on their salaries and since the owners have to pay out a certain percentage of basketball related income. You could never keep quality players under your strategy unless you're the 2004 Spurs and won two titles with a young core and a first ballot HOF bigman you lucked into drafting, and can sell your prime players on taking big paycuts.

lefty
09-24-2014, 09:13 AM
King Paul
Crawford
Kawhi
Griffin
DeMonkey

Duncan and Parker would obviously follow the mule that carried them to try and coattail to another ring. sons your team would be unstoppable.
:lol

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 09:17 AM

I admire Lebron. But I would say this is false. Not a great team by any account. But if you look at their team metrics especially on defense (since so many love stats here) I dont think you can say they were anywhere close to as bad as these Minny teams. Lets not deify James. Great player with a slim but fading chance at GOAT but no need to exaggerate.

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 09:24 AM
But the market is set specifically to reward midlevel and above average players since the truly elite franchise players like Durant and James have an artificial ceiling on their salaries and since the owners have to pay out a certain percentage of basketball related income. You could never keep quality players under your strategy unless you're the 2004 Spurs and won two titles with a young core and a first ballot HOF bigman you lucked into drafting, and can sell your prime players on taking big paycuts.

Ellis is getting a less than market deal he doesnt have Duncan or that young core. Pau took less than market value. Green resigned even before duncan had a turn back the clock season last year. I think diaw re-signed because of the coach that utilizes him correctly more than Timmy un fact Im guessing if a player had influence it was probably Parker. Yall give duncan way too much credit.

If I let stars go and havent traded my picks away like the Lakers or Knicks I should bottom out a time or two to draft a Davis, Griffin if I am lucky but even a Lilard, curry or Klay if I am not. Key is drafting well, not overpaying scrubs and hanging on to stars when you acquire or develop one.

The model I would follow is what West/Mitch did after Magic we never tanked but we also didnt throw money at those kind of guys that did not deserve it either. We made do with christie, Eddie Jones Sedale threat Nick Van Exel until we could attract Shaq and Phil.

And you cant blame just the new CBA Jon Koncak, Arenas, RJ, Luke Walton all got overpaid in previous CBA's. I am saying it is NEVEr wise to pay max or near max money to players not deserving of that. I hated ALL of those deals at the time because not one of them not even Gil did I see justifying it. Even with new CBA if max is $20 mill you aint getting that unless you are top 5.

DMC
09-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Methinks he's a one trick pony, though without him carrying that homosexual Duncan to it---it would still be:::

Kobe: 5

the tired old shit bag Duncan: 4

You're looking mighty ragged, reaching into the past in a vain attempt to remain relevant.

baseline bum
09-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Ellis is getting a less than market deal he doesnt have Duncan or that young core. If I let stars go and havent traded my picks away liek the Lakers or Knicks I should bottom out a time or two to draft a Davis, Griffin if I am lucky but even a Lilard, curry or Klay if I am not.

The model I would follow is what West/Mitch did after Magic we never tanked but we also didnt throw money at those kind of guys that did not deserve it either. We made do with christie, Eddie Jones Sedale threat Nick Van Exel until we could attract Shaq and Phil.

And you cant blame just the new CBA Jon Koncak, Arenas, RJ, Luke Walton all got overpaid in previous CBA's. I am saying it is NEVEr wise to pay max or near max money to players not deserving of that. I hated ALL of those deals at the time because not one of them not even Gil did I see justifying it.

I don't remember the market being too hot for Ellis after he was such a disappointment in Milwaukee. And you draft a Davis or a Griffin if you're REALLY lucky. Lots of times you draft an Olowokandi, a Swift, a Tskitishvili, a Vesely, an Eddy Curry, or a Thabeet with those high picks. Even the Spurs front office wouldn't be immune, considering they were in love with Favors when he declared and on draft day 2001 were looking really hard at trading way up to pick Eddie Griffin allegedly.

DMC
09-24-2014, 09:27 AM
I admire Lebron. But I would say this is false. Not a great team by any account. But if you look at their team metrics especially on defense (since so many love stats here) I dont think you can say they were anywhere close to as bad as these Minny teams. Lets not deify James. Great player with a slim but fading chance at GOAT but no need to exaggerate.

"KillaKobe81"

The irony here is damn near at saturation.

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 09:32 AM
"KillaKobe81"

The irony here is damn near at saturation.

Lol it was my PSN, and xbox live handle. Created it when I was what 20, 21? even so how is that deifying him, please explain. Find a post where I said Kobe "he is so great that he was able to score 81 points while carrying scrubs like Smush, Luke etc. Take him off the team and they go 0-82." ...it's that type of exaggeration that irks me. I dont like the Kobe fans on LG that do that either tbh ...

DMC
09-24-2014, 09:37 AM
Lol it was my PSN, and xbox live handle. Created it when I was what 20, 21? even so how is that deifying him, please explain. Find a post where I said Kobe "he is so great that he was able to score 81 points while carrying scrubs like Smush, Luke etc. Take him off the team and they go 0-82." ...it's that type of exaggeration that irks me. I dont like the Kobe fans on LG that do that either tbh ...

You chose Kobe over the Lakers in your user name of your own free will (more than once it according to you).

Kobe worshipers are deathly afraid of Lebron's legacy.

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 09:37 AM
I don't remember the market being too hot for Ellis after he was such a disappointment in Milwaukee. And you draft a Davis or a Griffin if you're REALLY lucky. Lots of times you draft an Olowokandi, a Swift, a Tskitishvili, a Vesely, an Eddy Curry, or a Thabeet with those high picks. Even the Spurs front office wouldn't be immune, considering they were in love with Favors and on draft day 2001 were looking really hard at Eddie Griffin allegedly.

You are correct and that is my point. I think a great move by Cubes. And My guess is even though he is overpaying for Parsons with rC coaching I think he and Nelson thinks it is worth it. I disagree and think Morey was wise not to overpay. My point is still I would rather gamble short-term on a disappointment like ellis or Swaggy P then to overpay Parson or even melo. You are right Bum you need a franchise level star to win I just refuse to pay all-stars like franchise guys. I would give Lebron, Durant, Davis and maybe Blake an open checkbook. Melo, Paul, Aldrdge, Westbrook, all have had a major surgey injury or have had multiple max contracts with no Finals appearances. That does not deserve max money imho.

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 09:39 AM

I am not. Hope he becomes GOAT will enjoy the MJ/James debates that will ensue ...

Thread
09-24-2014, 09:41 AM
You're looking mighty ragged, reaching into the past in a vain attempt to remain relevant.

Boiled down:::

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 09:49 AM
You chose Kobe over the Lakers in your user name of your own free will (more than once it according to you).

Why would I choose my team as PSN or Xbox handle? First game I played online was Madden and Kobe's 81 point game happened that same year. SO i chose that many of the Cowboy handles I tried wouldnt work and tbh we sucked anyways.

Feel free to think whatever you choose. I felt DPG made some great points and I agree with his case I just thought that was exaggeration. I hope James superfiends himself to at least two more titles. It wont be 6 but it will be enough for witnesses to make a case for James over Jordan (and Kobe) it should be great stuff.

DMC
09-24-2014, 09:57 AM
Why would I choose my team as PSN or Xbox handle? First game I played online was Madden and Kobe's 81 point game happened that same year. SO i chose that many of the Cowboy handles I tried wouldnt work and tbh we sucked anyways.

Feel free to think whatever you choose. I felt DPG made some great points and I agree with his case I just thought that was exaggeration. I hope James superfiends himself to at least two more titles. It wont be 6 but it will be enough for witnesses to make a case for James over Jordan (and Kobe) it should be great stuff.

When you register here, you have this all new clean slate where you can choose your user name.

lol "Superfriends".... your posts drip with vinegar. Like Kobe didn't have his superfriends.... like Kevin Love is better than Shaq or Pau or Dwight.... like Kyrie Irving is better than Steve Nash or Gary Payton.

Missing the post season after being historically dismantled by the Spurs is humbling, is it not? All those Lakers flags have been rolled and stowed... now it's just basketball talk and "let's not deify Lebron".... and "I hate the Kobe worshipers".

lol

Thread
09-24-2014, 09:59 AM
When you register here, you have this all new clean slate where you can choose your user name.

lol "Superfriends".... your posts drip with vinegar. Like Kobe didn't have his superfriends.... like Kevin Love is better than Shaq or Pau or Dwight.... like Kyrie Irving is better than Steve Nash or Gary Payton.

Missing the post season after being historically dismantled by the Spurs is humbling, is it not? All those Lakers flags have been rolled and stowed... now it's just basketball talk and "let's not deify Lebron".... and "I hate the Kobe worshipers".

lol

DMC
09-24-2014, 10:00 AM

Thread
09-24-2014, 10:00 AM

Arn

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 10:04 AM

lol

DMC, We suck no hiding that. Again I like Lebron. he did superfriend it up but it is what it is. It's a new era. And he is the best player of it. I wont waste my time hating him. Right now whether because of humble pie or old age I root for anarchy. Love to see the chickens come home to roost on Goodell, and I love seeing the Stern's CBA blown up by dumb owners, and Lebron (wisely I might add) still dominate in it even though Cuban and others said they did this so other teams can compete. It's a star league he is by far the biggest star and by going back to Cleveland he erases the decision, got a better supporting cast and burnishes his legacy by bringing a title to Cleveland.

All wins in my book. Kobe's legacy is just collateral damage. if he can scare some of the Jordan worshippers who deify Jordan (rightfully so?) more than even Kobe stans do. another win.

You cant fade me here, DMC. The past two seasons have made me numb.

SpurSwag
09-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Players that should have max contracts:

Lebron
Durant
Griffin
Love
Curry
Cp3
Paul George
James Harden
Dwight
Aldridge
Westbrook
Anthony Davis
Carmelo

Those are the players I consider 100% worthy of a max contract due to things they have done in their careers and on what they did this past season. Say what you want, Harden is a difference maker in the league and is offensively potent enough to be the best player on a team. He is still developing too and is pretty young, which closes the argument for him. However, there are certain young talents who maybe haven't proven enough yet but due to potential, also deserve a max. Kyrie's extension made a lot of sense, though he might not be a max contract player now he has more than proven that he can be one and that someone will pay him a max so it might as well have been Cleveland. Kawhi is a FMVP and if he demands a max, I think you give it to him. I understand the argument that his FMVP kinda has an asterisk because of how well rounded the spurs were, but he has shown flashes of utter dominance at times and has a bright future.

urunobili
09-24-2014, 12:39 PM

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1649125/thumbs/o-PARROT-facebook.jpg

DMC
09-24-2014, 01:24 PM
DMC, We suck no hiding that. Again I like Lebron. he did superfriend it up but it is what it is. It's a new era. And he is the best player of it. I wont waste my time hating him. Right now whether because of humble pie or old age I root for anarchy. Love to see the chickens come home to roost on Goodell, and I love seeing the Stern's CBA blown up by dumb owners, and Lebron (wisely I might add) still dominate in it even though Cuban and others said they did this so other teams can compete. It's a star league he is by far the biggest star and by going back to Cleveland he erases the decision, got a better supporting cast and burnishes his legacy by bringing a title to Cleveland.

All wins in my book. Kobe's legacy is just collateral damage. if he can scare some of the Jordan worshippers who deify Jordan (rightfully so?) more than even Kobe stans do. another win.

You want chaos because your team is shit. Why church it up? You worship Kobe, he's a Lakers player, you worship the Lakers. They suck dick, you hate it, you want to go all Sandy Hook on the NBA and Lebron is the 2nd coming of Christ while you're a Muslim.

Clipper Nation
09-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Choke absolutely does not deserve a max contract, not when he's so easy for playoff defenses to shut down.... same goes for Harden....

Thread
09-24-2014, 01:27 PM
Choke absolutely does not deserve a max contract, not when he's so easy for playoff defenses to shut down.... same goes for Harden....

You yellow fuck, you.

Thread
09-24-2014, 01:28 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1649125/thumbs/o-PARROT-facebook.jpg

Absolutely.

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 01:30 PM
You want chaos because your team is shit. Why church it up? You worship Kobe, he's a Lakers player, you worship the Lakers. They suck dick, you hate it, you want to go all Sandy Hook on the NBA and Lebron is the 2nd coming of Christ while you're a Muslim.

I hated stern even when we were still good. so your theory is still shitty. I agree my team is shit and no I dont worship him but definitely a Kobe apologist. I have one pair of Kobe shoes, a couple shirts I got as gifts which I dont even use to hoop or wear except to the gym to workout. I have the Kobe username on 3 places this account, PSN and youtube. (I retired my xbox live one). So yep I am such a huge Kobe disciple.

Lol at the religous analogies when you one of the most soulless cocksuckers on this forum ...

spurraider21
09-24-2014, 01:37 PM

kobe superfriended it up too. the difference is that LA's front office had the resources and competency to arrange it for him. lebron didn't have that fortune in cleveland the first time around

DMC
09-24-2014, 01:49 PM
I hated stern even when we were still good. so your theory is still shitty. I agree my team is shit and no I dont worship him but definitely a Kobe apologist. I have one pair of Kobe shoes, a couple shirts I got as gifts which I dont even use to hoop or wear except to the gym to workout. I have the Kobe username on 3 places this account, PSN and youtube. (I retired my xbox live one). So yep I am such a huge Kobe disciple.

Lol at the religous analogies when you one of the most soulless cocksuckers on this forum ...

You're the one who used "deify".

DMC
09-24-2014, 01:50 PM
kobe superfriended it up too. the difference is that LA's front office had the resources and competency to arrange it for him. lebron didn't have that fortune in cleveland the first time around
And they weren't actually Kobe's friends. He doesn't have any.

Thread
09-24-2014, 03:24 PM
And they weren't actually Kobe's friends. He doesn't have any.

Amy was Tim's friend.

tee, hee.

DPG21920
09-24-2014, 08:40 PM

lol so salty at Lebron. I don't see how you can say it's "false" or think that it's an exaggeration. From a talent perspective, I don't see how Kevin Martin, Pekovic, Rubio, Corey Brewer, Barea ect.. is worse than Big Z (at that stage of his career), Boobie Gibson, Larry Hughes, Varejao, Eric Snow & Drew Gooden.

Venti Quattro
09-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Nope

Killakobe81
09-24-2014, 09:57 PM
lol so salty at Lebron. I don't see how you can say it's "false" or think that it's an exaggeration. From a talent perspective, I don't see how Kevin Martin, Pekovic, Rubio, Corey Brewer, Barea ect.. is worse than Big Z (at that stage of his career), Boobie Gibson, Larry Hughes, Varejao, Eric Snow & Drew Gooden.

Yep that's me so salty. I wont even bother I am one of the few that are non Lebron nut huggers that thinks he still has a a shot at MJ ...
Defensively Id rather have Cavs crew. Lebron a passer by nature helps make any offense better. Lebon is great that part I agree but just feel some of it gets exaggerated. Same happens to Kobe, Mj and even Tim.

when anyone is praising a player they diminish the supporting cast.

1. David couldnt win without Tim!
2. Kobe couldnt win without shaq.
3. MJ couldnt win without Scottie
4. Lebron couldnt win in Cleveland so he joined Wade.
5. Kobe needed Pau.
6. Pau hasnt won a playoff game without Kobe
7. Mj pushed the Celts to 5 games by himself.
8. Lebron carried a JV team to the Finals.

Technically true except 8, but also also bullshit. All those players needed help. All those players made crappy casts better than they would be without them. We just pick apart the players we dont like and make excuses for the ones that we do. It's the crutch of the average fan. And i expect better from a real nicca like you, DPG. But sure oversimplify andjust call me salty. Since we havent talked in a while Im gonna let it slide.

How is that house you have been there over a year, no?