PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Should the Lakers let Kobe take every shot?

Fabbs
09-23-2014, 12:48 PM
Really, for marketing purposes. Since their season will consist of Kobme continuing to chuck away for the *scoring* title, should they just instruct all other players to not shoot, instead to pass the ball to Kobme on every possession? Imagine the marketing attention it would draw. Since the Lakers are primarily a marketing organization and Hollywood entertainment icon and not a legitimate basketball effort, would it not enthrall their hordes of followers not only in the U.S. but globally?

Okay maybe every play would be overkill, for example when a Laker gets a steal and his teamate not named Kobme is at the other end for a breakaway unguarded layup / dunk.

Then again, for marketing purposes would it be a hoot if the player held the ball up and waited for Kobme? Yep, on every single play.

Imagine the media it would garner. As to soiling the games integrity, we know the Lakers, Stern Jr. and Kobme have had NO problem thusfar ruining all that is legit basketball. So why stop now?

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/rsi-china-sports_.jpg?w=1000&h=666

Thread
09-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Boston shoulda,,,17 June 2010...but, no, they were big shot.

Pierce, backin' up on Art, 24 feet from the cylinder. What in the fuck was he thinking about? But, that cross country charter back to MA. gave him plenty of time to reflect on that choice.

tee, hee.

Gonna not come back to California, vowing it up,,,vowing it down. He came back, and we left him, exactly where we found 'em.

RsxPiimp
09-23-2014, 01:20 PM
Absolutely. The team is built to fail. Lakers are just maximizing every ounce of opportunity they can get from the Kobe show.

AlexJones
09-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Boston shoulda,,,17 June 2010...but, no, they were big shot.

Pierce, backin' up on Art, 24 feet from the cylinder. What in the fuck was he thinking about? But, that cross country charter back to MA. gave him plenty of time to reflect on that choice.

tee, hee.

Gonna not come back to California, vowing it up,,,vowing it down. He came back, and we left him, exactly where we found 'em.

Congratulations. That's the title you're taking to the grave with you.

Clipper Nation
09-23-2014, 01:32 PM
:lol Implying they have a choice in the matter

Thread
09-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Congratulations. That's the title you're taking to the grave with you.

Absolutely.

ambchang
09-23-2014, 02:19 PM
:lol Implying they have a choice in the matter

We disagree on the 90s, but this we can agree on.

Kool Bob Love
09-23-2014, 02:26 PM
Kobe is DONE. Stick a fork in em b.

http://fossilfarmsostrich.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Filet%20Minon%20Tenderlon.3.250.72.jpg

Thread
09-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Kobe is DONE. Stick a fork in em b.

http://fossilfarmsostrich.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/Filet%20Minon%20Tenderlon.3.250.72.jpg

- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

Kool Bob Love
09-23-2014, 03:12 PM
- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd

The 48.5 era begins now cub. Better get to hiding, cause we coming for that ass.

Thread
09-23-2014, 03:13 PM
The 48.5 era begins now cub. Better get to hiding cause we coming for that ass.

I look forward to the challenge with equal amounts of both anticipation & determination.

Let us proceed...

spurraider21
09-23-2014, 03:24 PM
- "Promises, promises."

- Ernie "The Cat" Ladd
"I'm not going to retire because I want the money."

- Steve "the albatross" Nash

Clipper Nation
09-23-2014, 03:28 PM
I look forward to the challenge with equal amounts of both anticipation & determination. Let us proceed...
That's bullshit, Dale. You run from challenges, for example, how you hid 'twixt swept & 7 in 2013. You knew your TOSB and 5>4 schticks were being challenged then, only emerging when the coast was clear. It's chickenshit.

Thread
09-23-2014, 07:43 PM
That's bullshit, Dale. You run from challenges, for example, how you hid 'twixt swept & 7 in 2013. You knew your TOSB and 5>4 schticks were being challenged then, only emerging when the coast was clear. It's chickenshit.

I look forward to the challenge with equal amounts of both anticipation & determination.

Let us proceed...

Thread
09-23-2014, 07:43 PM
"I'm not going to retire because I want the money."

- Steve "the albatross" Nash

I don't blame him. You'd have to drag me away.

hater
09-23-2014, 07:45 PM
sadly, Kobe's % will probably end up being higher than the rest of the Lakers combined :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Thread
09-23-2014, 07:49 PM
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Oh, yeah, just fuckin' hilarious.

Get the fuck outta here.

Splits
09-24-2014, 12:07 AM

Let us proceed...

Tim Duncan: Duncan cemented himself as the greatest power forward to ever play the game years ago. What he’s done since is distance himself from the competition in a manner that may never be matched and put himself in the discussion of greatest players ever. He’s aged as gracefully as any player in league history, and at 38 years of age he remains one of the best players at his position. He’ll forever go down as the ideal franchise player because of his selflessness, work ethic and the way he’s adjusted his game to remain a serious force at an age other greats became a complete non-factor at. Perhaps most impressive of all is the way he’s embraced guys like Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and now Kawhi Leonard sharing the spotlight with him. He takes as much joy in their success as he does his own, a quality that cannot be taught.

Arcadian
09-24-2014, 12:13 AM
He'll slowly chuck away at his legacy, shot after shot. Chuck chuck chuck...loss loss loss. This is how he'll be remembered, his lasting image.

kobe4life
09-24-2014, 12:26 AM
God is going to have a season for the ages. I predict God will average around 25 points on 50 percent shooting. The Lakers will win 60 wins and God will get League MVP along with Finals MVP. Can't wait to see the Lakers take out the Spurs this year. Oh by the way God is going to murder Kawhi its going to be child abuse after its over.

Thread
09-24-2014, 12:29 AM
He'll slowly chuck away at his legacy, shot after shot. Chuck chuck chuck...loss loss loss. This is how he'll be remembered, his lasting image.

6 had no ill affect on Duncan, or, your organization. If you can pull that stunt off Kobe.........will still get molested.

DMC
09-24-2014, 12:30 AM
Really, for marketing purposes. Since their season will consist of Kobme continuing to chuck away for the *scoring* title, should they just instruct all other players to not shoot, instead to pass the ball to Kobme on every possession? Imagine the marketing attention it would draw. Since the Lakers are primarily a marketing organization and Hollywood entertainment icon and not a legitimate basketball effort, would it not enthrall their hordes of followers not only in the U.S. but globally?

Okay maybe every play would be overkill, for example when a Laker gets a steal and his teamate not named Kobme is at the other end for a breakaway unguarded layup / dunk.

Then again, for marketing purposes would it be a hoot if the player held the ball up and waited for Kobme? Yep, on every single play.

Imagine the media it would garner. As to soiling the games integrity, we know the Lakers, Stern Jr. and Kobme have had NO problem thusfar ruining all that is legit basketball. So why stop now?

http://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/rsi-china-sports_.jpg?w=1000&h=666

Don't they do that now?

DMC
09-24-2014, 12:32 AM
6 had no ill affect on Duncan, or, your organization. If you can pull that stunt off Kobe.........will still get molested.

That's because the Spurs got their revenge, just as the Lakers did against the Celtics. They cannot live down Detroit, but Boston pretty much said fuck it after that. Lakers broke the super team in Boston, and the Spurs broke the super team in Miami.

However, at the end of the day, the Spurs are champions even as we speak. The Lakers... not so much. You do have Julius Randle though.

DMC
09-24-2014, 12:34 AM
I don't blame him. You'd have to drag me away.

Nah, you'd leave as soon as the pressure was up on ya. Then when the season was decided and you were just out there for shits and giggles, you'd be so fucking happy you'd need O2.

Thread
09-24-2014, 12:35 AM
That's because the Spurs got their revenge, just as the Lakers did against the Celtics. They cannot live down Detroit, but Boston pretty much said fuck it after that. Lakers broke the super team in Boston, and the Spurs broke the super team in Miami.

However, at the end of the day, the Spurs are champions even as we speak. The Lakers... not so much. You do have Julius Randle though.

You're a fuck and ya know it.

DMC
09-24-2014, 12:43 AM
You're a fuck and ya know it.

Who shot JR?