PDA

View Full Version : Cool dream supplement - Galantamine

cantthinkofanything
09-25-2014, 09:32 AM
So I was ordering Lithium the other day and if I spent $30, I would get free shipping. So I ended up ordering a bottle of Galantamine which is supposed to allow you to have more lucid dreams. I really didn't have much hopes for it but it's also supposed to help with memory and focus. So what the hell.

Anyway, after doing some research, it was recommended to go to sleep for about 3-4 hours and then take the Galantamine and then go back to sleep. That's a pain the ass so I just decided if I woke up in the night, I'd try it and if not, then whatever. Anyway, my dog always starts whining at about 5 to go outside. So for the last 2 nights, I've taken the Galantamine and gone back to sleep. And I have to say that the shit does work. Both times I was aware that I was dreaming and had some control over my actions in the dreams. I couldn't change the location or theme really but I could control what I did including flying around. But both nights have been before work so in the dreams I was always aware that I had to get up soon so I was overly concerned about the time. Always trying to check a watch or clock. Or having to cut whatever I was doing short. And of course the times were never right in the dream. Anyway, I'm looking forward to trying it when I can fully sleep in the morning.

Anyone intersted in shit like that...I recommend this Galantamine. Although I don't know if the lithium is playing any part in this as well.

lefty
09-25-2014, 10:43 AM
Does it give vivid nightmares too ?

I tried melatonin; shit works, but holy vivid fucked up nightmares :lol

cantthinkofanything
09-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Does it give vivid nightmares too ?

I tried melatonin; shit works, but holy vivid fucked up nightmares :lol

LOL. I don't know yet. They've been pretty normal dreams so far. What's weird is that both times, the first thing I can remember in the dream is that I'm starting to have subtle hallucinations and saw patterns on a wall or ceiling.

lefty
09-25-2014, 12:23 PM
LOL. I don't know yet. They've been pretty normal dreams so far. What's weird is that both times, the first thing I can remember in the dream is that I'm starting to have subtle hallucinations and saw patterns on a wall or ceiling.
lol

One cool thing that happened to me on melatonin : astral projection

cantthinkofanything
09-26-2014, 01:01 PM
lol

One cool thing that happened to me on melatonin : astral projection

really? I might give that a try then. There's been a couple of times when I thought I was going to and never felt like I split from sleeping body. I'd like start to pull away and then kind of freak out and snap awake. It doesn't seem like the Galantamine will put me in that kind of state.

I don't smoke cigarettes but someone told me that the patch did that to them.

lefty
09-26-2014, 01:07 PM
Found this in a melatonin thread on BB forums :lmao

I had some weird ass dream, I was in a movie about to be killed wtf

I dont like it

cantthinkofanything
09-26-2014, 01:33 PM
Found this in a melatonin thread on BB forums :lmao

shit...sometimes I think that in real life...

lefty
09-26-2014, 01:37 PM
shit...sometimes I think that in real life...
Someone in another thread suggested to think about something nice/positive/funny in order to have good vivid dreams instead of vivid fucked up nightmares

The dude from my previous post probably watched an action or gangster movie before going to bed , I guess

cantthinkofanything
09-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Someone in another thread suggested to think about something nice/positive/funny in order to have good vivid dreams instead of vivid fucked up nightmares

The dude from my previous post probably watched an action or gangster movie before going to bed , I guess

yeah...I'm not too concerned about nightmares. Unless they occurred so often that they fucked up my sleep. I try to think of what I want to dream about while I fall asleep but it never works. I have a friend who said she could start her dreams off however she wanted by doing just that. But mine always seem way off. Ideally, I'll be able to start dreaming and then wizard like, wave my hand and change scenes at will. Pool of naked amputees POOF me playing in NBA POOF me rapping with Chuck D. Pretty heady stuff no?

lefty
09-26-2014, 02:31 PM
I try to think of what I want to dream about while I fall asleep but it never works. I have a friend who said she could start her dreams off however she wanted by doing just that. ?
You mean without Meltonin or Galantathingy, right ?

cantthinkofanything
09-26-2014, 05:29 PM
You mean without Meltonin or Galantathingy, right ?

Yeah. Without.

lefty
09-26-2014, 11:17 PM
Yeah. Without.
yeah it's a hit or miss for me

The Reckoning
09-27-2014, 04:25 AM
i love melatonin tbh. once you're asleep you stay asleep

chunticakes
09-27-2014, 05:28 AM
Anyone intersted in shit like that...I recommend this Galantamine. Although I don't know if the lithium is playing any part in this as well.

Don't you need a prescription for it? Where can I get some?

cantthinkofanything
09-27-2014, 08:54 AM
Don't you need a prescription for it? Where can I get some?

No pres. I got it through Relentless Improvement. Thay cell Nootrosooticals. I don't know if it's the lithium or Galantimine or the other two things I've been taking but I wake up in a really good mood. Almost like the day after doing x or taking acid back in the day. But also been in a better mood in general and feel sharper. Also quit taking my prescribed citilopram.

Leetonidas
09-27-2014, 09:04 AM
Lithium...?

It all makes sense now :lol

pgardn
09-27-2014, 09:05 AM
Why are we fooling around with this stuff? We are not exactly sure of Li mechanism of action, so when you start cocktailing, one might get unknown outcomes.

First step for sleep, good mood, sharp mental state, exercise.
First step... Obviously if there are doctor prescribed reasons, ok then.

I am actually curious as to why?

cantthinkofanything
09-27-2014, 12:50 PM
Why are we fooling around with this stuff? We are not exactly sure of Li mechanism of action, so when you start cocktailing, one might get unknown outcomes.

First step for sleep, good mood, sharp mental state, exercise.
First step... Obviously if there are doctor prescribed reasons, ok then.

I am actually curious as to why?

Thanks Dr. Trollenstein. But I'll continue to treat myself.

lefty
09-27-2014, 07:31 PM
You don't wake up groggy?

cantthinkofanything
09-27-2014, 11:01 PM

Not at all.

mouse
09-28-2014, 02:53 AM
Could you imagine having a nightmare where your stuck on a planet with low IQ humans who actually believe they evolved from a fish?

pgardn
09-28-2014, 08:41 AM
Thanks Dr. Trollenstein. But I'll continue to treat myself.

Thus your screen name ...

cantthinkofanything
09-29-2014, 08:35 AM

So after the first three nights, there doesn't seem to be any effect on dreams. After a little more research, I see that it's recommended to not take Galantamine every night if it's being used for lucid dreaming. Didn't read the science behind it but I guess the brain gets used to it or something. Also bought some Melatonin and some 5-HTP which I'll play around with.

lefty
09-29-2014, 09:21 AM
So after the first three nights, there doesn't seem to be any effect on dreams. After a little more research, I see that it's recommended to not take Galantamine every night if it's being used for lucid dreaming. Didn't read the science behind it but I guess the brain gets used to it or something. Also bought some Melatonin and some 5-HTP which I'll play around with.
cool

thks for the feedback

mouse
09-29-2014, 05:05 PM
cool

thks for the feedback
over 67 thousand posts dude I never looked at your post count congrats!

The last freaky dream I had was when I feel asleep while my girlfriend was giving me head, I actually thought I was with Isis

cantthinkofanything
10-08-2014, 10:38 AM
cool

thks for the feedback

so I think I figured this out. after some more Googling, I found that it's best to take the Melatonin and Galantamine right before your most active REM sleep which is usually in the morning. So I set my alarm to 3:15 and I take 10 mg dissolvable Melatonin and 4 of the Galantamine pills (whatever mg that is). Then go back to bed and either read or listen to music for 10 minutes or so. Then, I'll start to fall back asleep. I've learned how to control falling asleep so that I can almost get right into the dream in a lucid state. There is sort of a sound/feeling of going into an MRI. Anyway, I'm 3 for 3 since doing this. Also when I wake up, I'm not very tired at all. TBH, it's become kind of boring because I can't do anything with the setting of the dream. Not yet anyway. Last night I was in some big house or something without anything interesting going on. One of the cool things is that I can fly around when I want so that's about all I did last night. Sometimes I'll hear some really cool music which will be new and I'll consciously try to keep it in my head to remember when I wake up but never can remember much besides the lyrics.