PDA

View Full Version : texas a&m v. arkansas

rjv
09-25-2014, 09:38 AM
tougher game than i would have thought at the start of the season. the rice game and even parts of the SMU game revealed weaknesses on the aggies defensive side of the ball when it comes to the rushing attack and the hogs are most definitely going to attack a&m's inexperienced front line. if arkansas can establish the running game and control time of possession that would be one way to keep the aggies from rolling up points. on the flip side, a&m has shown they do not need much time at all to put points on the board and arkansas defense had a hard time stopping both auburn's and texas tech's offense (raiders hurt themselves). in the end, i expect the aggies to pull off the win but in a closer game than some may expect.

aggies 45

feral pigs 31

DesignatedT
09-25-2014, 09:39 AM
Hard to take anything away from the Rice and/or SMU game considering the amount of starters we had practically resting and the amount of time the 2nd and 3rd string were playing in those games. South Carolina couldn't run on us when they attempted to.

Hogs will get their yardage on the ground because that's what they do but I don't see then grounding and pounding for 300+ yards while dictating the tempo. As long as A&M plays efficiently and smart they should win this game. If we start turning the ball over and such then the Hogs will have a chance.

We will have to match their physicality right out of the gates though and that is kind of worrisome considering its been a month since we played a physical football game.

DesignatedT
09-25-2014, 09:42 AM
in the end, i expect the aggies to pull off the win but in a closer game than some may expect.

I think people are expecting a pretty close game. Line is around A&M -8' right now.

DesignatedT
09-25-2014, 09:44 AM
I hope Speedy Noil can play as well. Been pretty mum on him at this point. Expect Cam Clear to have a big game as he's fully healed from his ankle injury he suffered vs SCAR

rjv
09-25-2014, 09:52 AM
I hope Speedy Noil can play as well. Been pretty mum on him at this point. Expect Cam Clear to have a big game as he's fully healed from his ankle injury he suffered vs SCAR

no word on noil and my guess would be we don't see him until next week. it will be great to see clear out there saturday though. and also we will be getting mastrogiovanni back though. i know this is a little extreme but i see shades of dat nguyen in that dude.

DesignatedT
09-25-2014, 10:21 AM
Mastro is key vs the run game. Shaan Washington back is also a huge get although it might take him a couple games to get in a groove and get his conditioning back. He's returning from a broken collarbone. Really helps with losing Hilliard who broke his ankle in week 1. Our LB position has had the worst luck.

rjv
09-25-2014, 11:12 AM
Mastro is key vs the run game. Shaan Washington back is also a huge get although it might take him a couple games to get in a groove and get his conditioning back. He's returning from a broken collarbone. Really helps with losing Hilliard who broke his ankle in week 1. Our LB position has had the worst luck.

definitely and hilliard was having a solid outing against SC. any word on whether or not he can make it back this season?

Bill_Brasky
09-25-2014, 11:27 AM
if you guys can stop the run youre good.

Blake
09-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Yeah I'm not gonna lie. I'm pulling for the pigs.

DesignatedT
09-25-2014, 11:36 AM
definitely and hilliard was having a solid outing against SC. any word on whether or not he can make it back this season?

Out for the year. Good thing is he's only a soph so he will still have two years eligibility.

DesignatedT
09-25-2014, 11:37 AM

That's a shame. I'm pulling for tech tonight.

Bill_Brasky
09-25-2014, 11:42 AM

water is wet, sky is blue, blake despises aggy. all is right in the world.

rjv
09-25-2014, 11:49 AM
That's a shame. I'm pulling for tech tonight.

me too. i like kliff and am hoping stockton has a nice career there.

rjv
09-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Out for the year. Good thing is he's only a soph so he will still have two years eligibility.

also sounds like he will qualify for a medical redshirt so that will be good for him and the team.

Pelicans78
09-26-2014, 05:56 AM

Stockholm Syndrome

Blake
09-26-2014, 08:02 AM
Stockholm Syndrome

Oh. That would have been a good zinger had it been used in the right context

Sisk
09-27-2014, 11:54 AM
Speedy Noil is active. Huge for us.

Really excited to see Mastrogiovanni and Washington out there today at LB.

manufan10
09-27-2014, 12:22 PM
Did anyone else get a push notification from ESPN that Johnny is going to be in attendance? I mean, I like Johnny and all, but do we really need to know if he's going to be at the game or not? ESPN needs to calm down with this stuff.

leemajors
09-27-2014, 12:23 PM
Did anyone else get a push notification from ESPN that Johnny is going to be in attendance? I mean, I like Johnny and all, but do we really need to know if he's going to be at the game or not? ESPN needs to calm down with this stuff.

Like as a headline?

manufan10
09-27-2014, 12:30 PM
Like as a headline?

http://i58.tinypic.com/1zf2yp4.png

Pelicans78
09-27-2014, 01:50 PM
A win for Arky in College Station could give them the same boost it did Auburn last year.

leemajors
09-27-2014, 02:17 PM
A win for Arky in College Station could give them the same boost it did Auburn last year.

It's at Jerry World, but yes.

Pelicans78
09-27-2014, 02:55 PM
It's at Jerry World, but yes.

Why would they do a conference game on a neutral field?

Blake
09-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Why would they do a conference game on a neutral field?

strange, huh.

Baylor/Tech
OU/UT

Blake
09-27-2014, 04:05 PM
Arky doing the grinding up Aggie D like they did v Tech.

solid way of playing defense

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 04:11 PM
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Chinook
09-27-2014, 04:13 PM
Damn, why did Manziel have to bring his loser ass to the game? His Cleveland stink is rubbing off on the Aggies.

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 04:20 PM
Damn, why did Manziel have to bring his loser ass to the game? His Cleveland stink is rubbing off on the Aggies.

Lol No . Aggy is just finally playing a decent opponent.

Chinook
09-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Damn, I hate Seals-Jones' dancing when he gets the ball.

Bill_Brasky
09-27-2014, 05:10 PM
theyre in a pretty big hole here.....arky better than i thought.

DMX7
09-27-2014, 05:14 PM
Aggy tears taste oh so sweet.

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 05:27 PM
Crofl Aggyfan really had a "play TU again" shirt on :lol

DMX7
09-27-2014, 05:31 PM
Crofl Aggyfan really had a "play TU again" shirt on :lol

:lol

I love love giving a nuggy to little brother Aggy. We really should play them again, but not till we are respectable again.

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 06:12 PM
:lol defense
:lol retarded Arkansas coach

jeebus
09-27-2014, 06:17 PM
these two teams suck pretty bad tbh

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 06:20 PM
:lol retard choosing defense first

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-27-2014, 06:21 PM

that's the smart thing to do

jeebus
09-27-2014, 06:22 PM
:lol sucking on the first play
:lol about to fail on offense

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 06:23 PM
that's the smart thing to do

And immediately got scored on :lol

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-27-2014, 06:23 PM
And immediately got scored on :lol

yea but this is college.. both teams get a chance..

jeebus
09-27-2014, 06:24 PM
yea but this is college
seeing how shitty both teams play the game makes that painfully obvious

jeebus
09-27-2014, 06:25 PM
:lmao faggies acting like they won the super bowl NBA stanley cup gold medal game

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 06:25 PM
Jesus Arkansas is retarded

td4mvp2k
09-27-2014, 06:26 PM
lmao manziel

DMX7
:rollin ARKY

SupremeGuy
Aggy tears taste oh so sweet.:lol

Holy FUCK what a game, tbh.

dirk4mvp
09-27-2014, 06:27 PM
rofl niglet piglets

DMX7
09-27-2014, 06:27 PM

Holy FUCK what a game, tbh.

:lol What a choke job! Only in the S-E-C.

SupremeGuy
09-27-2014, 06:30 PM
lol @ the bitter ut fans itt

SupremeGuy
09-27-2014, 06:31 PM
:lol What a choke job! Only in the S-E-C.It was pretty hilarious, tbh. :lol

Chinook
09-27-2014, 06:43 PM

Why the hell would you choose offense first?

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Why the hell would you choose offense first?

Why would you choose defense in college football where you can't stop anybody?

Chinook
09-27-2014, 07:04 PM
Why would you choose defense in college football where you can't stop anybody?

So you know what kind of score you need to match/exceed.

Blake
09-27-2014, 07:29 PM

^ that.

it's retarded to go offense first

benefactor
09-27-2014, 07:48 PM
:lol Arky...this is one of those games where UT fans win either way. Can't stand those inbred fucks.

FkLA
09-27-2014, 08:10 PM

Wow. Just when I thought you couldnt get any dumber.

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 09:00 PM

^ that.

it's retarded to go offense first

It's retarded to go defense first in college football when the ball is placed at the 25 yard line. It makes sense in the NFL because they have to drive the entire field.

FkLA
09-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Wow. You realize both teams get a possession in OT even if the offense scores first, right? Every single team/coach chooses defense first dumbfuck.

Chinook
09-27-2014, 09:09 PM
It's retarded to go defense first in college football when the ball is placed at the 25 yard line. It makes sense in the NFL because they have to drive the entire field.

Bro...

Wow. You realize both teams get a possession in OT even if the offense scores first, right? Every single team/coach chooses defense first dumbfuck.

Pelicans78
09-27-2014, 11:46 PM
SMH djohn. You should be banned from the college forum for a week.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2014, 02:05 AM
It makes sense in the NFL because they have to drive the entire field.

:lmao

Just...wow.

Bill_Brasky
09-28-2014, 03:56 AM

.......ok

djohn2oo8
09-28-2014, 05:58 AM
Again. You choose defense first because why? You were giving up touchdowns that resulted in just 2 plays. Yeah you get an extra possession. What did Arkansas do wth it?

djohn2oo8
09-28-2014, 05:58 AM
:lmao

Just...wow.

Smh amazing how many don't get it.

DesignatedT
09-28-2014, 08:15 AM
Gig em

pgardn
09-28-2014, 08:47 AM
ATM winning games they would have choked away in the past.

Sumlins got it going.

Kermit
09-28-2014, 09:21 AM
Arkansas gone Arkansas. Lol Jerry Jones. If there's one thing Aggy and Longhorn can agree on, it's fuck Arkansas. Goddamn hillbillies.

Sisk
09-28-2014, 09:51 AM
:lol What a choke job! Only in the S-E-C.

Dude. Yall played KANSAS. Then Kansas thought losing to horn was so despicable, they fired their coach. :lmao

DMX7
09-28-2014, 09:53 AM
Dude. Yall played KANSAS. Then Kansas thought losing to horn was so despicable, they fired their coach. :lmao

I didn't even know Charlie Weis got fired till you mentioned that. I'm kind of surprised they did it mid-season.

DMX7
09-28-2014, 09:56 AM

But yeah, that's pretty embarrassing. :lol

Bill_Brasky
09-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Again. You choose defense first because why? You were giving up touchdowns that resulted in just 2 plays. Yeah you get an extra possession. What did Arkansas do wth it?

You choose defense first so you can stop them and then win with a TD. Youre guaranteed to get the ball back no matter what. In the NFL they do sudden death so only a fucking retard would choose defense first.

Sisk
09-28-2014, 10:18 AM
You choose defense first so you can stop them and then win with a FG. Youre guaranteed to get the ball back no matter what. In the NFL they do sudden death so only a fucking retard would choose defense first.

FIFY. But yeah, don't waste your time trying to educate djohn. He's a bit slow.

Bill_Brasky
09-28-2014, 10:29 AM
haha well by "stop" i meant make em kick the FG and respond with a TD but you know what i mean. And yeah not djohns best moment.

pgardn
09-28-2014, 11:27 AM

We will take anything we can get.
Our offense still looks like a HS team.
This was a win, without the TOs this could have been a tight game.

Are you still confused as to Texas actually being a good team? That paranoid?

The Big Orange Sun shall return and out recruit you again. But not yet. Enjoy the cloud cover.

Pelicans78
09-28-2014, 11:36 AM
I think Texas will be an improved team throughout the season. Their defense is legit. Offense is what's keeping them down.

pgardn
09-28-2014, 11:43 AM
I think Texas will be an improved team throughout the season. Their defense is legit. Offense is what's keeping them down.

Their offense is absolutely outmatched.
The D is fine except for the safeties imo.
But in the Big 12 the D will wear down.

Baylor has the chance to make Texas look like a DII team.

Pelicans78
09-28-2014, 11:46 AM
Their offense is absolutely outmatched.
The D is fine except for the safeties imo.
But in the Big 12 the D will wear down.

Baylor has the chance to make Texas look like a DII team.

I think Texas will give them a scare. Baylor is irrelevant this season. They're gonna get destroyed in Norman and struggle against TCU.

The game of the year in the Big 12 is next week with OU going to TCU. That's OU's toughest game of the season.

pgardn
09-28-2014, 12:00 PM
I think Texas will give them a scare. Baylor is irrelevant this season. They're gonna get destroyed in Norman and struggle against TCU.

The game of the year in the Big 12 is next week with OU going to TCU. That's OU's toughest game of the season.

Baylors D was really bad against Iowa St.

The above could very well be accurate. I just know Gary Pattersons offense absolutely stinks so they have had no chance in the Big 12. Maybe they got a new O-coordinator... If TCU is not better on offense they will again be middle of the pack.

I give Texas no chance against Baylor unless they Bears have 5 or more TOs.

Kermit
09-28-2014, 12:22 PM

The above could very well be accurate. I just know Gary Pattersons offense absolutely stinks so they have had no chance in the Big 12. Maybe they got a new O-coordinator... If TCU is not better on offense they will again be middle of the pack.

I give Texas no chance against Baylor unless they Bears have 5 or more TOs.

Texas might make a ball game of it. Might. They're definitely playing to the level of their competition right now. I had to pour borax in my eyes to erase the images of last nights game.

pgardn
09-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Texas might make a ball game of it. Might. They're definitely playing to the level of their competition right now. I had to pour borax in my eyes to erase the images of last nights game.

You know people see the score and think we played well.

I realize our offensive line is outmatched almost every game, but honestly some of Swoopes passes are just horrible.
The poor kid has no touch on the ball. As long as he does not throw INTs I guess it will have to do. Our RBs have absolutely no room to run, they are taking a beating. This is really hard to stomach.

Kermit
09-28-2014, 02:58 PM
You know people see the score and think we played well.

I realize our offensive line is outmatched almost every game, but honestly some of Swoopes passes are just horrible.
The poor kid has no touch on the ball. As long as he does not throw INTs I guess it will have to do. Our RBs have absolutely no room to run, they are taking a beating. This is really hard to stomach.

I'm a Swoopes apologist. Dude has played light years ahead of where I thought he'd be. He's slow as shit though. If they run one more goddamn option play where he takes it to the outside, or sweep where he lumbers towards the sideline, or zone read where he doesn't keep the ball, I'll punch a kitten. I know it's only the fifth game with a patch-work o-line and a back-up quarterback, but Shawn Watson is the demon spawn of Greg Davis and a zombie whore.

Sisk
09-28-2014, 05:32 PM
haha well by "stop" i meant make em kick the FG and respond with a TD but you know what i mean. And yeah not djohns best moment.

Ah, touche.

Sisk
09-28-2014, 05:33 PM
We will take anything we can get.
Our offense still looks like a HS team.
This was a win, without the TOs this could have been a tight game.

Are you still confused as to Texas actually being a good team? That paranoid?

The Big Orange Sun shall return and out recruit you again. But not yet. Enjoy the cloud cover.

I just think it's funny that people like DMX talk shit about the SEC. I have a feeling that "cloud cover" will last quite some time.

FkLA
09-28-2014, 07:47 PM

You stupid, ignorant dumbfuck. Go back through the archives of all the OT games in college and tell me what percentage of teams choose defense first. Guess all those coaches aren't on your 'intellectual' level either.

This is really low even for you, dumbjohn.

FkLA
09-28-2014, 07:48 PM
And this nigga claims to have gone to UT. You flunked out of UTSA didn't you? :lol

pgardn
09-28-2014, 08:40 PM
You stupid, ignorant dumbfuck. Go back through the archives of all the OT games in college and tell me what percentage of teams choose defense first. Guess all those coaches aren't on your 'intellectual' level either.

This is really low even for you, dumbjohn.

Actually it would be interesting to go back in the last 10 years and look at what positions players were recruited for. Say the top 20 ratings each year, O or D.? I know there seem to be quite a few DE that have been rated first. The pros would be easier. I think you just need more people for D just because they chase.

But from a position point of view, this is actually interesting.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2014, 11:32 PM
Smh amazing how many don't get it.

Pretty much everyone gets it but you, tbh.

Obstructed_View
09-28-2014, 11:50 PM
People are entitled to their opinion about whether or not Baylor will be relevant, and I'm always waiting for the shoe to drop and for them to become sucky again, but I'm unsure how someone can have watched the game and make the above statement. Baylor gave up one good drive in the first half, and everything else was three-and-outs and maybe one or two first downs and a takeaway. The game was over at halftime and they had reserves in by the fourth quarter.

Now if you want to point to a reason the Bears have to be concerned down the road, look at their kicking game. Their kicker has the biggest case of the yips I've ever seen, and I've rooted for Florida State for almost 30 years. :lol

Obstructed_View
09-28-2014, 11:53 PM

I haven't watched any of their games, but I know UT always has talent. I'm sure their recruiting classes are always better than Baylor's. There's no reason they can't suddenly rise to their talent level and play with anyone, tbh.

The Reckoning
09-29-2014, 01:31 AM
it sucks when your team is used as a measuring tape as to whether or not can a coach...

rjv
09-29-2014, 10:21 AM

I love love giving a nuggy to little brother Aggy. We really should play them again, but not till we are respectable again.

hell, dude. right now, texas has sunk so low, KANSAS fired their coach for not being able to beat them. why would anyone want texas on their schedule right now?

rjv
09-29-2014, 10:26 AM

there are no boundaries when it comes to how abysmal his contributions can be.

Kermit
09-29-2014, 12:19 PM
hell, dude. right now, texas has sunk so low, KANSAS fired their coach for not being able to beat them. why would anyone want texas on their schedule right now?

Yeah, that's why they fired him. Because he couldn't beat Texas. That's it. You got it. Hot takes. Outstanding analysis.

Bill_Brasky
09-29-2014, 12:45 PM
I'm a Swoopes apologist. Dude has played light years ahead of where I thought he'd be. He's slow as shit though. If they run one more goddamn option play where he takes it to the outside, or sweep where he lumbers towards the sideline, or zone read where he doesn't keep the ball, I'll punch a kitten. I know it's only the fifth game with a patch-work o-line and a back-up quarterback, but Shawn Watson is the demon spawn of Greg Davis and a zombie whore.

yeah.....if i have to watch swoopes roll out and throw the ball out of bounds one more time......

rjv
09-29-2014, 01:03 PM
Yeah, that's why they fired him. Because he couldn't beat Texas. That's it. You got it. Hot takes. Outstanding analysis.

almost as keen as your ability to recognize sarcasm.

Blake
09-29-2014, 01:18 PM

I hate fat coaches. It's ridiculously hypocritical for them to push players to exhaustion while they're sitting in a golf cart laying waste to a 12 pack of krispy kreme

The Reckoning
09-29-2014, 03:04 PM

a little short sided by ND to stop the games with Texas though. I really hope UT beats the snot out of those choir boys.

The Reckoning
09-29-2014, 03:27 PM
and for what....? for georgia?

yeesh

http://youtu.be/1tHkPybBUzY

Kermit
09-29-2014, 03:48 PM
almost as keen as your ability to recognize sarcasm.

Probably. I'm horribad at sarcasm.

Blake
09-29-2014, 04:19 PM
Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas, Georgia

the four most reliably over-rated teams year after year

At least Texas and ND have been in a title game in the last five years.

You can add Clemson to that list.

The Reckoning
09-29-2014, 04:22 PM
and Tennessee

pgardn
09-29-2014, 07:10 PM
People are entitled to their opinion about whether or not Baylor will be relevant, and I'm always waiting for the shoe to drop and for them to become sucky again, but I'm unsure how someone can have watched the game and make the above statement. Baylor gave up one good drive in the first half, and everything else was three-and-outs and maybe one or two first downs and a takeaway. The game was over at halftime and they had reserves in by the fourth quarter.

Now if you want to point to a reason the Bears have to be concerned down the road, look at their kicking game. Their kicker has the biggest case of the yips I've ever seen, and I've rooted for Florida State for almost 30 years. :lol

Well I'm the fan that thinks Baylor crushes us.
Imo our only hope is your D which I think can be taken advantage of because of the small corners. Before the ISU game they looked really good to me. Now I think we might be able to make some first downs via our WR. I don't think the Baylor corners were as good as what I had seen.

That being said this could be really bad on recruiting if Baylor crushes us. Which I think is very possible. Maybe it's just me looking for a weakness that we can't exploit. I thought they were sloppy. But when a team is that far ahead it may be lack of concentration.

DMX7
09-29-2014, 09:01 PM

Because Texas is Texas and things will get turned around eventually. Michigan just scheduled UT.

rjv
09-30-2014, 09:24 AM
Because Texas is Texas and things will get turned around eventually. Michigan just scheduled UT.

michigan needs a big time hire to get back on track. that program is losing relevance by the minute.

Silver&Black
10-18-2014, 06:18 PM
:lmao djohn2008
:lmao Post #34-Post #87
:lmao Doesn't understand basic strategy
:lmao Should be banned from talking college football forever

FkLA
10-18-2014, 06:45 PM
Such an embarrassing thread for dumbjohn. If he was a humble retard I'd probably feel bad for him tbh.