PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again, black guy shot by a stupid cop. This time its really the cops bad

Thebesteva
09-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Good job dickhead cop. Now u made the rest of us look bad. Hes already charged with a felony.

fuck this cop

http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/justice/south-carolina-trooper-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_c2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og3NyYRx1jE

RD2191
09-25-2014, 01:55 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239471&p=7597999#post7597999

Thebesteva
09-25-2014, 01:56 PM
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239471&p=7597999#post7597999

That thread is shit tbh. This ones better

RD2191
09-25-2014, 01:56 PM
:wakeup

DMC
09-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Hair trigger but I don't why people, especially black males, have to reach for shit when told to stop by a cop. When are these fucking idiots going to learn that the pasty white cop has been indoctrinated with 50% training of 1% probability? Every stop is a life or death moment to them, and when the skinnies don't seem to get it and thug out, cops start seeing flashes of dead trooper on the highway because he was afraid to shoot. Next thing you know, pop pop pop pop... put your hands up.

I've been stopped plenty times. I've never had a gun drawn on me because I've never done stupid shit, and I carry.

RD2191
09-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Hair trigger but I don't why people, especially black males, have to reach for shit when told to stop by a cop. When are these fucking idiots going to learn that the pasty white cop has been indoctrinated with 50% training of 1% probability? Every stop is a life or death moment to them, and when the skinnies don't seem to get it and thug out, cops start seeing flashes of dead trooper on the highway because he was afraid to shoot. Next thing you know, pop pop pop pop... put your hands up.

I've been stopped plenty times. I've never had a gun drawn on me because I've never done stupid shit, and I carry.
Next time, before making a fool of yourself, watch the video. The cop asks him for his drivers license. Which presumably was in the center console. The driver was already out of his vehicle. Not once did the cop ask the man for him to get back into his vehicle. I agree with some of your points though.

DMC
09-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Next time, before making a fool of yourself, watch the video. The cop asks him for his drivers license. Which presumably was in the center console. The driver was already out of his vehicle. Not once did the cop ask the man for him to get back into his vehicle. I agree with some of your points though.

Orale.. I did watch the video esse... chill bro... unless you want to throw chengasos....

lol reaching into your center console while a cop has you pulled over = fucking stupid. You say "my license are in my vehicle", you don't dive head first, and when the cop starts yelling, jump back out and whip out something in your hand. You fall to the ground and you stop or you just don't fucking move.

Oddly I've never had that happen to me, funny that so many black guys get mistaken for cop killing thugs.

CosmicCowboy
09-25-2014, 02:30 PM
Soooo...when the cop actually makes a mistake and does a bad shoot he gets charged with a crime.

Wait...this can't be...white cops can shoot innocent black guys any time they want to according to some of the idiots on this board...

Koolaid_Man
09-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Orale.. I did watch the video esse... chill bro... unless you want to throw chengasos....

lol reaching into your center console while a cop has you pulled over = fucking stupid. You say "my license are in my vehicle", you don't dive head first, and when the cop starts yelling, jump back out and whip out something in your hand. You fall to the ground and you stop or you just don't fucking move.

Oddly I've never had that happen to me, funny that so many black guys get mistaken for cop killing thugs.

Shut the fuck up DMC. The guy did what the cop asked him to do..and the cop just unloaded on him because of the ingrained racial biases. You commented too soon before even looking at the video then you tried to clean it up with some bullshit generalizations. GTFO

Brazil
09-25-2014, 05:07 PM

you reaching there brah

cop fucked up bad on dat one... not sure what you are spinning

Koolaid_Man
09-25-2014, 05:54 PM

:lol you're learning the ways of gangstarism...very fine job :toast

Thebesteva
09-25-2014, 05:58 PM
:lol you're learning the ways of gangstarism...very fine job :toast

:lol cant make this thread without a video. No disrespect to Robdiaz, but you gotta take the time to add the video

SnakeBoy
09-25-2014, 06:15 PM
Soooo...when the cop actually makes a mistake and does a bad shoot he gets charged with a crime.

This white cop is being charged. Same state but this black cop was not charged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqU3ptNKYTE&feature=share

CosmicCowboy
09-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Gotta say, it's survival 101...when you see the lights behind you, pull over in a safe place, don't open the door, stay in the car and put your hands on the steering wheel where the cop can see them walking up. Your chances of getting shot are virtually zero.

RsxPiimp
09-25-2014, 06:35 PM
This white cop is being charged. Same state but this black cop was not charged.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqU3ptNKYTE&feature=share

Man, that's fucked up.

RD2191
09-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Gotta say, it's survival 101...when you see the lights behind you, pull over in a safe place, don't open the door, stay in the car and put your hands on the steering wheel where the cop can see them walking up. Your chances of getting shot are virtually zero.
"Video that authorities say was recorded from Groubert's police car shows the trooper driving up to a vehicle just as its driver -- who authorities say is Jones -- steps out of the vehicle."

RD2191
09-25-2014, 06:48 PM
He hadn't actually pulled him over yet. One of those pull over/pull up behind you stops. Has happened to me before.

spurraider21
09-25-2014, 07:31 PM
first off, i don't think race has anything to do with it. if this was the case of a white cop wanting to kill a black guy, he would have killed him...

i think in general it would be smart to alert an officer of what you are doing. at the same time, to rush to shooting that way is just intolerable. the guy is really lucky to be alive, and it's just not right for him to be shot at in that situation. i can sort of see the cop's angle in it, the guy went into his car, popped back out... i get it. but you just can't have that itchy a trigger finger in a fucking traffic stop.

if i was in the other guys' spot, i'd have reacted differently. i would probably say my license is in my car... i just dont get what the cop wanted. he told the guy to get out of the car, only to shoot him upon getting out of the car

but LOL at implying this is white supremacist bloodthirsty cop looking for a black guy to shoot

DMC
09-28-2014, 02:05 AM
you reaching there brah

Fault is irrelevant. We talk about defensive driving and yet the groids can't seem to get the concept of not getting shot. It doesn't matter what happens to the cop, the dude is shot.

DMC
09-28-2014, 02:06 AM
first off, i don't think race has anything to do with it. if this was the case of a white cop wanting to kill a black guy, he would have killed him...

i think in general it would be smart to alert an officer of what you are doing. at the same time, to rush to shooting that way is just intolerable. the guy is really lucky to be alive, and it's just not right for him to be shot at in that situation. i can sort of see the cop's angle in it, the guy went into his car, popped back out... i get it. but you just can't have that itchy a trigger finger in a fucking traffic stop.

if i was in the other guys' spot, i'd have reacted differently. i would probably say my license is in my car... i just dont get what the cop wanted. he told the guy to get out of the car, only to shoot him upon getting out of the car

but LOL at implying this is white supremacist bloodthirsty cop looking for a black guy to shoot

Cops are notoriously poor shooters under duress. He missed. Cops don't shoot to wound.

DMC
09-28-2014, 02:07 AM
He hadn't actually pulled him over yet. One of those pull over/pull up behind you stops. Has happened to me before.

Did you hop out of the back of the truck you were in?

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 02:08 AM
Cops are notoriously poor shooters under duress. He missed. Cops don't shoot to wound.
i understand. but i the cop was just bloodthirsty and wanted a kill he wouldn't have stopped shooting, is my point

DMC
09-28-2014, 02:10 AM
you reaching there brah

Cop pulls up and tells you to get out of the vehicle, asks for license and registration. Do you dive back into the vehicle and when you hear the cop start panicking, come back out with something in your hand? I don't. I just stand there and wait for the cop to approach me. Cop fucked up, damn right, but the cop didn't get shot. Avoiding getting shot is the point, who fucking cares what happens to the guy who shoots you?

DMC
09-28-2014, 02:14 AM
i understand. but i the cop was just bloodthirsty and wanted a kill he wouldn't have stopped shooting, is my point

He can want to kill a black guy and not get stupid about it by emptying his gun into him. He shot how many times? It only takes one. Had it been a white girl, he wouldn't have panicked at all, probably not even a white guy. Black males get treated the same way as white skinheads or trailer trash. It's always a worst case situation every time for the cop. Unlike the white male, the black male isn't treated much differently regardless of his attire, car or education. He's shot.

Officers know that black men are exponentially more likely to be criminals and hyper aggressive than their white counterparts. They know this because they see the stats. They are told to ignore it, but they cannot and so they shoot.

Chinook
09-28-2014, 02:41 AM
I agree that the cop messed up and should have the book thrown at him. But when are we going to stop seeing people throw their lives away by acting stupid? And to think, we could have used the Brown shooting to educate people on how to interact with police. But instead, it had to be a political/racial clusterfuck, and nobody ended up learning anything.

Such is life in America.

Chinook
09-28-2014, 02:42 AM
He can want to kill a black guy and not get stupid about it by emptying his gun into him. He shot how many times? It only takes one. Had it been a white girl, he wouldn't have panicked at all, probably not even a white guy. Black males get treated the same way as white skinheads or trailer trash. It's always a worst case situation every time for the cop. Unlike the white male, the black male isn't treated much differently regardless of his attire, car or education. He's shot.

Officers know that black men are exponentially more likely to be criminals and hyper aggressive than their white counterparts. They know this because they see the stats. They are told to ignore it, but they cannot and so they shoot.

Indeed. Mutual distrust that keeps building on itself.

DMC
09-28-2014, 06:32 PM
I agree that the cop messed up and should have the book thrown at him. But when are we going to stop seeing people throw their lives away by acting stupid? And to think, we could have used the Brown shooting to educate people on how to interact with police. But instead, it had to be a political/racial clusterfuck, and nobody ended up learning anything.

Such is life in America.

People know how to act with police, but it's not gangsta looking to peers to use proper protocol when interfacing with cops. White man peer pressure is to achieve success in life, but black man peer pressure is to resist assimilation into the white culture, to act gangsta, to be a thug and a pimp. That's been the case for 40 years at least. There's no peer respect for education, for business success or anything successful if it's done without infringing upon cultural or legal boundaries.

When was the last time you heard a black man, even on here, give kudos to another black person for getting a degree? Instead they will post WSHH shit and elevate the idiots there to god like status "damn that nigga is a gansta.. my nigga".

Chinook
09-28-2014, 06:45 PM
People know how to act with police, but it's not gangsta looking to peers to use proper protocol when interfacing with cops. White man peer pressure is to achieve success in life, but black man peer pressure is to resist assimilation into the white culture, to act gangsta, to be a thug and a pimp. That's been the case for 40 years at least. There's no peer respect for education, for business success or anything successful if it's done without infringing upon cultural or legal boundaries.

It's not a matter of the gangster culture. It's pretty much the exact thing that makes police officers nervous around blacks. They feel like there's going to be a conflict and act defensive preemptively.

When was the last time you heard a black man, even on here, give kudos to another black person for getting a degree? Instead they will post WSHH shit and elevate the idiots there to god like status "damn that nigga is a gansta.. my nigga".

Really? I've heard it a lot. I don't remember if I told the story on here about the old black worker at my college trying to set me up with this black student so that we could have "smart black babies together". I've never met any working black person who hasn't either pushed me to get my degree or congratulated me on getting it.

DMC
09-28-2014, 06:47 PM
It's not a matter of the gangster culture. It's pretty much the exact thing that makes police officers nervous around blacks. They feel like there's going to be a conflict and act defensive preemptively.

Really? How many cops are publishing songs about killing black people?

Really? I've heard it a lot. I don't remember if I told the story on here about the old black worker at my college trying to set me up with this black student so that we could have "smart black babies together". I've never met any working black person who hasn't either pushed me to get my degree or congratulated me on getting it.

Really. It's a running joke among blacks (Chris Rock did a bit on it). It's not all inclusive, but what is.

Chinook
09-28-2014, 06:55 PM
Really? How many cops are publishing songs about killing black people?

How many cops are publishing songs, period? And what does that have to do with what I said? Black people don't cooperate with the cops because they don't trust them. Cops get antsy around blacks because they know the blacks tend not to cooperate. It's a cycle.

Really. It's a running joke among blacks (Chris Rock did a bit on it). It's not all inclusive, but what is.

Something being a running joke isn't the same as it being a major trend. Blacks (any others from poor neighborhoods, honestly) may well get discouraged from getting their degrees, but I've never really heard of a black family who isn't proud of their children doing well. Hell, even absentee fathers all the sudden show back up when they realize they've sired a successful kid.

DMC
09-28-2014, 07:55 PM
How many cops are publishing songs, period? And what does that have to do with what I said? Black people don't cooperate with the cops because they don't trust them. Cops get antsy around blacks because they know the blacks tend not to cooperate. It's a cycle.

I don't trust the government but I cooperate. If I didn't, who would feel sorry for me for being imprisoned for tax evasion? The trust issue doesn't address the imprisonment rate among black men. Are you saying black men get imprisoned at a higher clip because they don't trust cops? Somewhere in there is a truth that's itching to surface.

Something being a running joke isn't the same as it being a major trend. Blacks (any others from poor neighborhoods, honestly) may well get discouraged from getting their degrees, but I've never really heard of a black family who isn't proud of their children doing well. Hell, even absentee fathers all the sudden show back up when they realize they've sired a successful kid.
Something being a running joke among the race it's about is based largely on truth. Mexicans tell the best Mexican jokes and blacks tell the best black jokes. I know you want to take the exception and make it the rule as if you've no idea what it's all about.

I didn't mention families. I mentioned peers. Family generally means grandma because mom is often a crack whore and dad is in prison or dead or just unknown. Successful in the "return of the black king" saga typically means a pro athlete, not a MSEE.

Chinook
09-28-2014, 08:21 PM
I don't trust the government but I cooperate. If I didn't, who would feel sorry for me for being imprisoned for tax evasion? The trust issue doesn't address the imprisonment rate among black men. Are you saying black men get imprisoned at a higher clip because they don't trust cops? Somewhere in there is a truth that's itching to surface.

What do you not trust them to do? I guarantee you, if you felt like the government was trying to kill you, you wouldn't be nearly as cooperative as you are now.

What do prison rates have to do with this?

Something being a running joke among the race it's about is based largely on truth. Mexicans tell the best Mexican jokes and blacks tell the best black jokes. I know you want to take the exception and make it the rule as if you've no idea what it's all about.

I think you're badly misinformed. Ask black people who actually earned degrees and see if people in their lives were apathetic about it. Again, there's quite a distinction between people not being encouraged to get a degree and people not being congratulated once they get one. Having a degree means you can rise out of poverty and get a real job. Of course that means something to poor people.

I will say, though that for people who get degrees, their peer group is mostly people who have also earned their degrees, so there's no real need to congratulate them. Like, do people congratulate you on having a computer? I doubt it. Almost everyone has a computer. And almost everyone I know in my cohort either has a degree or is working toward one. It's only older folks who express happiness for me when they hear I'm educated. The rest just expected it.

DMC
09-28-2014, 08:43 PM
What do you not trust them to do? I guarantee you, if you felt like the government was trying to kill you, you wouldn't be nearly as cooperative as you are now.

What do prison rates have to do with this?

If I felt like cops were trying to kill me, I wouldn't be hanging out on the corner of main street dressed like a thug with "shoot me" written on my forehead. Blacks kill each other much more often than cops kill them, and cops kill whites more often than they kill blacks, it's just no one gives a shit. I don't trust the government has my best interest at heart, they are self serving individuals who act as a collective to sheer the masses they don't consider to be as important as them. You don't see me hanging out around the FBI or IRS offices asking to be audited. I don't put "fuck you" on my tax return.

Prison rates have a lot to do with it. It indicates that the "mistrust" commonality is more rational for the cop than for the black man. Cops aren't rampantly killing black men, but then black men are rampantly committing violent crimes. Odd for people afraid of authority.. to commit the rest of their lives to being ruled by officers in a cage for what, a pair of shoes and 30 dollars.

I think you're badly misinformed. Ask black people who actually earned degrees and see if people in their lives were apathetic about it. Again, there's quite a distinction between people not being encouraged to get a degree and people not being congratulated once they get one. Having a degree means you can rise out of poverty and get a real job. Of course that means something to poor people.

Why is every shitty part of town in every city in the US predominately black? Oh I know, because families are pushing young blacks to stay in school.

I will say, though that for people who get degrees, their peer group is mostly people who have also earned their degrees, so there's no real need to congratulate them. Like, do people congratulate you on having a computer? I doubt it. Almost everyone has a computer. And almost everyone I know in my cohort either has a degree or is working toward one. It's only older folks who express happiness for me when they hear I'm educated. The rest just expected it.
Do you equate having a computer to having a degree? My dad doesn't own a computer and he hasn't congratulated me for owning one. You look at a family where only one person earned a degree and the rest are dropouts. How is that one person received? Is he lifted up or is he considered uncle Tom?

When a black man speaks like he was born here, acts with some sense and earns his way, he's considered "not really black". Haven't you encountered "black culture" comments and if so, what do you take that to mean?

Chinook
09-28-2014, 08:58 PM
If I felt like cops were trying to kill me, I wouldn't be hanging out on the corner of main street dressed like a thug with "shoot me" written on my forehead. Blacks kill each other much more often than cops kill them, and cops kill whites more often than they kill blacks, it's just no one gives a shit. I don't trust the government has my best interest at heart, they are self serving individuals who act as a collective to sheer the masses they don't consider to be as important as them. You don't see me hanging out around the FBI or IRS offices asking to be audited. I don't put "fuck you" on my tax return.

Nothing about that makes one inherently dangerous.

Prison rates have a lot to do with it. It indicates that the "mistrust" commonality is more rational for the cop than for the black man. Cops aren't rampantly killing black men, but then black men are rampantly committing violent crimes. Odd for people afraid of authority.. to commit the rest of their lives to being ruled by officers in a cage for what, a pair of shoes and 30 dollars.

Eh. Not really. Black people who don't do crimes aren't afraid of going to prison.

Why is every shitty part of town in every city in the US predominately black? Oh I know, because families are pushing young blacks to stay in school.

Completely different. We went over that already.

Do you equate having a computer to having a degree? My dad doesn't own a computer and he hasn't congratulated me for owning one. You look at a family where only one person earned a degree and the rest are dropouts. How is that one person received? Is he lifted up or is he considered uncle Tom?

The point I'm making is that when something is common, it's not seen as a big deal. Going to school is common in my cohort, so there's nothing special about having a degree. That's pretty much what it's like when you have two parents who both worked hard enough to make sure you grew up in a decent neighborhood. As far as your final question goes, he's usually lifted up, if only because the family wants to exploit him. Again, I don't know where you get your information from, but no one like being poor.

When a black man speaks like he was born here, acts with some sense and earns his way, he's considered "not really black". Haven't you encountered "black culture" comments and if so, what do you take that to mean?

Have I encountered the view you laid out? Yes. I've encountered it from people of various backgrounds. I've never encountered it from older black people, though. Obviously, since my cohort was college-bound, the blacks in it were in the same boat as me and therefore did not have any reservations.

There are hundreds of universities specifically geared toward black students. There are scholarship funds for black students. There are community efforts by black people to get more blacks to go to college. It's by no means the prevailing culture to reject the idea of having an education. At best, it's sour grapes by people who don't believe it's possible for them to earn degrees themselves, for whatever reason.

Spur|n|Austin
09-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Well since the academy teaches not to shoot until the officer sees a weapon, then the cop's in the wrong.

spurraider21
09-29-2014, 02:01 AM
Well since the academy teaches not to shoot until the officer sees a weapon, then the cop's in the wrong.
:tu

huh, didn't know that was actually specifically taught. if a cop tells a guy to put his arms up, and instead he reaches towards his pockets (but no weapon is visible), the cop is taught to NOT shoot at that point? i'm not questioning your statement, i'm just curious

chunticakes
09-29-2014, 03:52 AM
Who carries their license in the center console? I'm pretty sure that's what wallets are for. Ni gger is lucky to be alive. With that being said, the cop did royally fuck up. Makes you wonder how many times shit like this has happened without the public knowing.

Spur|n|Austin
09-29-2014, 09:52 AM
:tu

huh, didn't know that was actually specifically taught. if a cop tells a guy to put his arms up, and instead he reaches towards his pockets (but no weapon is visible), the cop is taught to NOT shoot at that point? i'm not questioning your statement, i'm just curious

That's a good question, I guess ultimately it comes down to the officer's digression; I'm just going off of what a police officer friend of mine has told me.

I would think that even if he puts his hands into his pockets, an officer would still be advised to see what he pulls out. With the officer's gun already drawn, it'd be a suicide mission for the perpetrator to pull a firearm.

Brazil
09-29-2014, 10:00 AM
Cop pulls up and tells you to get out of the vehicle, asks for license and registration. Do you dive back into the vehicle and when you hear the cop start panicking, come back out with something in your hand? I don't. I just stand there and wait for the cop to approach me. Cop fucked up, damn right, but the cop didn't get shot. Avoiding getting shot is the point, who fucking cares what happens to the guy who shoots you?

I watch the video, dude was showing no hostility at all

I've been arrested once by US cops, US cops are freaking crazy if you ask me acting like fucking cowboys on every situation. That's a stressful situation you react the best you can and black reaction was not perfect but did not justify at all to be shot at.

boutons_deux
09-29-2014, 01:33 PM
http://upw-prod-images.global.ssl.fastly.net/nugget/541074df1aec8007c50000a1/attachments/big-a01bbcb4f2ecb913aa7d7f667341173f.jpg

DMC
09-29-2014, 04:11 PM
I watch the video, dude was showing no hostility at all

I've been arrested once by US cops, US cops are freaking crazy if you ask me acting like fucking cowboys on every situation. That's a stressful situation you react the best you can and black reaction was not perfect but did not justify at all to be shot at.

The shooting wasn't justified, that is a fact, however it could have been mitigated better by the black man.