PDA

View Full Version : LeBron confirms he would have stayed if Heat won championship

ducks
09-25-2014, 06:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lebron-confirms-stayed-heat-won-220808889.html

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Dex
09-25-2014, 06:24 PM
The Spurs broke up the Heatles.

It's poetic justice at its best.

Spur-Addict
09-25-2014, 06:32 PM
No surprise here. If your primary motive is championships, and you make more money off the court than on it, then it's a no brainer to stay with the winning team. Especially when your contributions are the primary reasons why the team is successful.

wildbill2u
09-25-2014, 06:47 PM
Man, when you talk about destroying a team in the championships, this has to go down as the all time, all Universe example.

dbreiden83080
09-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Great so he can lose in Cleveland again in big spots in the playoffs.. Just like old times..

wildchild
09-25-2014, 07:02 PM
Damn... Lebron needs to keep his mouth shut.

Russ
09-25-2014, 07:08 PM

Just call the Spurs "Yoko." :toast

DJR210
09-25-2014, 07:47 PM
:lmao fuck Miami and their shitty fans, especially the annoying old bitch in all white on the bottom right corner of the screen who does her "toilet bowl" celebration on the court after every basket
:lmao copyrighted "3peat"
:lmao DJ Khaled
:lmao singing dwarf bitch
:lmao 7 Nation Faggot Army

hater
09-25-2014, 07:52 PM

:lmao

100%duncan
09-25-2014, 07:55 PM

Oooooooh.gif

pgardn
09-25-2014, 07:56 PM
Helped tip Shaq overboard with Kobe as well.

We have a good record breaking up championship teams.

z0sa
09-25-2014, 07:59 PM

:toast

cd021
09-25-2014, 08:00 PM
And another one bites the dust...

spursparker9
09-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Then his letter on SI about returning to play for Cleveland is more important than mindlessly chasing after championships is all bullshit?

Dancelot
09-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Then his letter on SI about returning to play for Cleveland is more important than mindlessly chasing after championships is all bullshit?

half the stuff that comes out of that dudes mouth is bullshit.

Chomag
09-25-2014, 08:35 PM
Rekt!

Brunodf
09-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Grass is green

NickiRasgo
09-25-2014, 08:59 PM
God. This guy can't really shut his mouth. Everything what comes to his mouth seems like a breaking news for ESPN or the likes. Just like what I've read few hours ago that the NBA rest should be worried because of his losing weight. Can't this so-called King learns to shut his mouth? I know he's the face right now and main headline is him returning to Cleveland but what the fuck, he can't really shut his mouth though I liked it because it brings the Spurs to under the radar again.

SupremeGuy
09-25-2014, 09:08 PM
Everyone knew it but Lebron just confirmed it: The Spurs killed the Heat. lol

Old School 44
09-25-2014, 09:30 PM
I have no problem with what he said, I think it's obvious he would have leaned toward re-signing with the Heat to go for four in a row. The actual article link in the OP doesn't really say without a doubt he'd return to the Heat if they won. Not to say there's not more in the full interview.

"It's a greater chance (to return to Miami), for sure, I mean, it would be hard to leave back-to-back-to-back championships and try to go for four. But, obviously, you really can't live and think of what may have happened. For me, I've always been a person kind of live in the moment."

tmtcsc
09-25-2014, 09:38 PM
Tim Duncan is the anti-Lebron. Just does his job, stays humble and collects rings. Damn, I'll miss him when the day comes.
When Tim lost weight and was asked about it, he said something like "Yeah, I dropped a few pounds. It was mostly to relieve stress on my knees. We'll see how it goes."

Lebron: "My recent weight loss has made me quicker, which isn't such a good thing for the competition." Right.....

capek
09-25-2014, 09:48 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o145/thrawn2787/hermancain.gif

Mikeanaro
09-25-2014, 10:25 PM
God. This guy can't really shut his mouth. Everything what comes to his mouth seems like a breaking news for ESPN or the likes. Just like what I've read few hours ago that the NBA rest should be worried because of his losing weight. Can't this so-called King learns to shut his mouth? I know he's the face right now and main headline is him returning to Cleveland but what the fuck, he can't really shut his mouth though I liked it because it brings the Spurs to under the radar again.
I hate Chimpbron but Maradona is 10000x worst than him and has been retired since 1997, that 4 foot piece of shit loves to be in the headlines every day.

wildcardX
09-25-2014, 10:34 PM
It would be hilarious if the Heat were to beat the Cavs in the playoffs this coming season.

FlAVaK
09-25-2014, 11:39 PM
It would be hilarious if the Heat were to beat the Cavs in the playoffs this coming season.
Won't happen: The Cavs just traded for Keith "Centerpiece" Bogans. Lock to win the ship now...

FlAVaK
09-25-2014, 11:44 PM
http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=11589630&src=desktop

spurraider21
09-25-2014, 11:44 PM
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o145/thrawn2787/hermancain.gif
:rollin

Sean Cagney
09-25-2014, 11:53 PM

Should have happened a year earlier as far as beating them and back to backs but the only team that could have beaten them got back to the finals PISSED and tore them down! The rest of the NBA can thank then, especially the Bulls out East. Cleveland now is a problem to the East though so he goes and the problem goes elsewhere.

I am glad the Spurs broke up that team though, the fairweather fans were getting beyond annoying to say the least out here in VA. I wonder who they will be DIE hard fans of next and study their recent past to make their fanhood valid :blah:wow:lol:lol:lol

100%duncan
09-26-2014, 12:43 AM
Tim Duncan is the anti-Lebron. Just does his job, stays humble and collects rings. Damn, I'll miss him when the day comes.
When Tim lost weight and was asked about it, he said something like "Yeah, I dropped a few pounds. It was mostly to relieve stress on my knees. We'll see how it goes."

Lebron: "My recent weight loss has made me quicker, which isn't such a good thing for the competition." Right.....

2-*1

spursparker9
09-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Won't happen: The Cavs just traded for Keith "Centerpiece" Bogans. Lock to win the ship now...

Getting a former Spur as intel ?

exstatic
09-26-2014, 01:13 AM
Getting a former Spur as intel ?

No. They traded for him to cut him. He was given a multi-year deal at MLE (:lol) to be a part of the huge BKN/BOS trade last year as salary ballast, but only one year was guaranteed.

Arcadian
09-26-2014, 01:16 AM
Oh yes, I think it's obvious that he would have. He would have been obligated to, in fact. No sane person leaves a team immediately after winning three straight championships with them.

On the other hand, losing the Finals in the way that they did (i.e., being thoroughly outclassed) made it obvious that he should leave. It became obvious that the Heat were on the decline, that Wade would never be able to help Lebron win another title, and that he would have to look elsewhere to remain a title contender.

The 2014 Finals were a major turning point in Lebron's career, no doubt.

Ice009
09-26-2014, 01:21 AM

The Cavs traded for Bogans? Isn't he on a huge overpriced salary that he signed to make a trade work between Brooklyn and Boston last off-season?

exstatic
09-26-2014, 01:32 AM
The Cavs traded for Bogans? Isn't he on a huge overpriced salary that he signed to make a trade work between Brooklyn and Boston last off-season?

If you read the link, they're thinking of re-packaging him with another large expiring for someone on a big contract. Not sure who they're after. If they're combining him with someone else, I think they have to wait 90 days.

After re-reading, they'll be able to offer Bogan's contract (Next year 5.5M), plus Brenda Hayward's unguaranteed 10.5M for next year to someone for salary relief to get out from under a contract they may no longer want, a total of 16M combined. They can do it at the deadline or next summer.

BG_Spurs_Fan
09-26-2014, 01:42 AM
If you read the link, they're thinking of re-packaging him with another large expiring for someone on a big contract. Not sure who they're after. If they're combining him with someone else, I think they have to wait 90 days.

After re-reading, they'll be able to offer Bogan's contract (Next year 5.5M), plus Brenda Hayward's unguaranteed 10.5M for next year to someone for salary relief to get out from under a contract they may no longer want, a total of 16M combined. They can do it at the deadline or next summer.

Well Philly's always there, perhaps they can send all of their guaranteed contracts to Cleveland for them two and enter the season with 0 players and $0 on the payroll.

Ice009
09-26-2014, 02:36 AM

You're joking. So they can combine the two in a trade and take back up to 16M in salary before the trade deadline this season or even next off-season? Up until when next off-season? Are they over the tax at all with those two on the roster right now?

Sean Cagney
09-26-2014, 02:37 AM

Yes that is true, but they are not insane control freaks like her... Great post though :)

exstatic
09-26-2014, 02:47 AM
You're joking. So they can combine the two in a trade and take back up to 16M in salary before the trade deadline this season or even next off-season? Up until when next off-season? Are they over the tax at all with those two on the roster right now?

It's actually impossible, or damn near, to go from under the cap to over the tax in one off season. You lose all of your exceptions for going under.

Sham shows their salaries at about $64M for this season. I'm guessing that one of the factors in LeBron going back, and the "talk" that he had with Gilbert was "This time, you gonna spend, MF."

Old School 44
09-26-2014, 07:39 AM
No. They traded for him to cut him. He was given a multi-year deal at MLE (:lol) to be a part of the huge BKN/BOS trade last year as salary ballast, but only one year was guaranteed.
Yes...but it's still amazing to me how this guy has been able to bounce around the league for this long. I guess it's just a case of right place/right time. After reading the article, I'm thinking they shouldn't even focus on naming the player in the title and just say the team traded for a contract! :)

TampaDude
09-26-2014, 07:42 AM
Everyone knew it but Lebron just confirmed it: The Spurs killed the Heat. lol

Pretty much. It was the worst Finals beatdown EVER. We beat them so badly we broke up their team. Now THAT'S what I call revenge! :hat

Old School 44
09-26-2014, 07:46 AM
Oh yes, I think it's obvious that he would have. He would have been obligated to, in fact. No sane person leaves a team immediately after winning three straight championships with them.

On the other hand, losing the Finals in the way that they did (i.e., being thoroughly outclassed) made it obvious that he should leave. It became obvious that the Heat were on the decline, that Wade would never be able to help Lebron win another title, and that he would have to look elsewhere to remain a title contender.

The 2014 Finals were a major turning point in Lebron's career, no doubt.

I thought the same thing. I wonder how his decision would have panned out if the Heat lost to the Spurs, the way the Spurs lost to the Heat in 2013.

Dverde
09-26-2014, 07:48 AM
If he was truly about only winning titles, he would have gone to the Spurs. He is all about winning on his terms and what his ego will allow. I really think he likes to be the center of attention. That is why he left Cleveland years ago then came back there on a short contract.

lefty
09-26-2014, 10:02 AM
As I said when he left them

Lebron saw that Cleveland has a good young nucleus, that's why he went back there

He doesnt give a single fuck about that shithole , he is doing it for more titles :lol

lefty
09-26-2014, 10:03 AM
If he was truly about only winning titles, he would have gone to the Spurs. He is all about winning on his terms and what his ego will allow. I really think he likes to be the center of attention. That is why he left Cleveland years ago then came back there on a short contract.
Yeah because the Spurs could have paid his salary

Dverde
09-26-2014, 10:07 AM
Yeah because the Spurs could have paid his salary

I said IF IT WAS ABOUT WINNING, not about money.

lefty
09-26-2014, 10:10 AM
I said IF IT WAS ABOUT WINNING, not about money.
IF

Frank Dux
09-26-2014, 10:35 AM
Lebron promised the city he'd win at least seven championships. At least he admits it only took season to give up on his promise. lol

BillMc
09-26-2014, 11:17 AM

We are the NBA's Yoko Ono.

SpurSwag
09-26-2014, 11:34 AM
I have no problem with what he said, I think it's obvious he would have leaned toward re-signing with the Heat to go for four in a row. The actual article link in the OP doesn't really say without a doubt he'd return to the Heat if they won. Not to say there's not more in the full interview.

"It's a greater chance (to return to Miami), for sure, I mean, it would be hard to leave back-to-back-to-back championships and try to go for four. But, obviously, you really can't live and think of what may have happened. For me, I've always been a person kind of live in the moment."

exactly, the headline isn't at all what he said.

lefty
09-26-2014, 12:34 PM
We are the NBA's Yoko Ono.
:lol

pikkiwoki
09-26-2014, 01:13 PM
you know what they say.

when the going gets tough, leave.

:lol

Budkin
09-26-2014, 05:17 PM
:lmao Heat