PDA

View Full Version : Pop on Kawhi this season

SpurPadre
09-26-2014, 01:39 PM
According to Dan McCarney's Twitter:

Pop: "Huge responsibility to play great every night. That's what I want to see from him, on both ends."

Anybody catch this? Sorry if it's been brought up already but when Pop does this before a season starts, he's not fucking around and means business. What does it mean for Kawhi in terms of actual numbers?

Cklbmk
09-26-2014, 01:41 PM
It's finally his time. He will destroy the competition.

Kawhi Leonard MVP 2015

Book it.

lefty
09-26-2014, 01:42 PM
It means that he wants him to be more consistent

He doesnt have to be the leading scorer or rebounder

Remember in the Finals, he struggled in games 1 and 2 before playing like a Finals MVP

Mikeanaro
09-26-2014, 01:42 PM
No more ¨Party Kawhi¨ I guess.
Time to kick ass.

r0drig0lac
09-26-2014, 01:43 PM
kawhi will be in the running for mvp

Mikeanaro
09-26-2014, 01:49 PM
It means that he wants him to be more consistent

He doesnt have to be the leading scorer or rebounder

Remember in the Finals, he struggled in games 1 and 2 before playing like a Finals MVP
But on those 2 games he could not even breath because refs were whistling all over him that Lebron bitch was faking contact all the time, like that time he moved his head in a ¨Manu against Wade fashion¨.
But when they let him play he raped Lefrog.

lefty
09-26-2014, 01:59 PM
But on those 2 games he could not even breath because refs were whistling all over him that Lebron bitch was faking contact all the time, like that time he moved his head in a ¨Manu against Wade fashion¨.
But when they let him play he raped Lefrog.
yeah but it's part of the game; you have to find a way to turn things around and he did; it took him 2 games to figure it out, but with the experience he has now, he will adjust more easily

Old School 44
09-26-2014, 02:05 PM
kawhi will be in the running for mvp
If you mean top 10 candidates, it's possible, but we won't see an MVP on this team under this system.
There's just nobody on the team (because of the system) that really can be statisically dominate to win MVP.

SpurPadre
09-26-2014, 02:09 PM
This at least means an increase in minutes for sure along with more plays being run for him as we expected before Pop's comments. But I wonder what kinds of plays Pop will run for him on a consistent basis. Will Kawhi post up more, do iso stuff, and try to draw more fouls?

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2014, 02:23 PM
How is Kawhi supposed to show up every night when he hasn't had ONE play drawn for him by Pop...

lefty
09-26-2014, 02:26 PM
How is he going to show up every night when Enrique is ballhogging and chucking

POS had KL open so many times but preferred to chuck

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2014, 02:57 PM
The guy above me is a faggot

SpursFan86
09-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Ehhh, that quote is sort of misrepresented (at least from the way I interpreted it). It makes it seem like Pop said that Kawhi is going to have a huge responsibility on both ends every night.

Pop was saying that the main thing he was going to talk to Kawhi about is consistency as opposed to teaching him some new moves. He said it's a huge responsibility to have to come night in and night out and bring your best every time like the upper echelon of players do, and then said that he'd like Kawhi to bring it offensively and defensively every night. Also mentioned how Kawhi is special in that he has the ability to bring it on both ends of the floor and affect the game.

benstanfield
09-26-2014, 04:25 PM
We know he can bring it at an all star level every night on defense, but to do it on both ends of the court is a whole other beast. There are what, 3-4 guys in the league that are elite on both ends consistently?

Brunodf
09-26-2014, 04:45 PM
Translation: Play like its the Finals every night and make the All star game kid.

DarrinS
09-26-2014, 04:54 PM
The guy above me is a faggot

So, you're a bottom?

Shastafarian
09-26-2014, 05:05 PM
So, you're a bottom?

Very well played :tu

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2014, 05:26 PM
So, you're a bottom?
Corny

littlecoyotecoin
09-26-2014, 05:39 PM
Corny

You mean like Lefty's peter, when he pulls it out of ya?

SupremeGuy
09-26-2014, 05:54 PM
How is he going to show up every night when Enrique is ballhogging and chucking

POS had KL open so many times but preferred to chuckIt begins! :devil

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2014, 06:28 PM
You mean like Lefty's peter, when he pulls it out of ya?
You beaners won't quit talking about dick, huh

SpurPadre
09-26-2014, 06:30 PM

Hey what's up with using that word? No need for racial slurs, whether you're joking or not.

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Hey what's up with using that word? No need for racial slurs, whether you're joking or not.
Idgaf :lol what gives you guys the privilege to call American black players "monkeys", and the French "faggots"

littlecoyotecoin
09-26-2014, 06:37 PM

I usually don't go blue. I am sorry. I got a pretty good chuckle from Darrin's quip, and I just couldn't help but to pile on. No pun intended! However with you being an openly racist and homophobic dude, and naively calling out Pop, you just make yourself an easy target.

For Lefty's cock.

littlecoyotecoin
09-26-2014, 06:40 PM
Damn! Sorry. Did it again. If there was just a way to edit these posts.

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2014, 06:45 PM
If there was just a way to edit these posts.

Damn! How come Pop didin't pull out 8 turnovers There you go dude :tu

littlecoyotecoin
09-26-2014, 06:49 PM
I do love me some #20, so that really hurts. Take it back.

cjw
09-26-2014, 06:58 PM
Pretty good chance he makes the ASG this year. Love being out of the West definitely helps, and he'll likely assume the token Spurs spot on the roster.

TheGreatYacht
09-26-2014, 06:58 PM
No

SpurPadre
09-27-2014, 11:33 PM
Idgaf :lol what gives you guys the privilege to call American black players "monkeys", and the French "faggots"

You won't find a post of me being a racist piece of shit so don't group me as one.

09-28-2014, 12:11 AM
People seem to be hyping Kawhi too much and setting unrealistic expectations. I would say he will probably make it to the ASG due to his finals MVP reputation but I don't expect any meteoric climb. And I am still skeptical Pop will overhaul the offense to give Kawhi big 3 duties. I still believe Pop will be Pop and stick with the veteran big 3 as the primary options especially since Leonard is not as good as a passer as those three. Leonard will definitely make one of the all NBA defensive teams though and hopefully up his PPG to 15-16.

I am more interested in seeing how Parker plays. He looked absolutely mortal in the OKC and Heat series. In the end, he just looked gassed and tired. Hopefully it was because of his ankle injuries. The Spurs have shown they can run the offense without Parker but with Patty Mills out until 2015, Parker still needs to facilitate the offense in the regular season. The chances of repeating will definitely be better if Parker can revert to at least 2013 playoff form (although not finals where he got locked down by Lebron).

DJR210
09-28-2014, 02:27 AM
So, you're a bottom?

:lmao

BatManu20
09-28-2014, 03:10 AM
It's unrealistic to expect Kawhi to just suddenly start producing like he did in games 3-5 of the Finals on a nightly basis imo. Setting the bar too high. He just needs to be more consistent and aggressive than he was last season and that rest should take care of itself.

Chinook
09-28-2014, 03:18 AM
It's unrealistic to expect Kawhi to just suddenly start producing like he did in games 3-5 of the Finals on a nightly basis imo. Setting the bar too high. He just needs to be more consistent and aggressive than he was last season and that rest should take care of itself.

Just think, that if Kawhi can become a 14ppg player and Green can return to his 10ppg ways, the Spurs would be absolutely blowing teams out most nights. Although with Mills out, Lock n Lock will need to step up their offense during the first few months. The team can't afford another slow start from them like last year.

ElNono
09-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Pop will demand more now (in the way of consistency). It doesn't mean playing 40mpg or averaging 30ppg. It means bringing it every night on both ends all the time. Hope Kawhi can deliver.

mookie2001
09-29-2014, 09:12 AM
Carlos Mencia changed this board after he got famous with his bean shtick