PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Kupchak: Championship, still on the agenda.

RsxPiimp
09-26-2014, 11:48 PM
Strong words from Mitch Kupchak, but he had to say them.

"Our expectations are to win a championship. I know that sounds . . ." the Lakers general manager said Friday, trailing off before picking back up. "Expectations outside of this room might not be the same."

He's right about that.

The Lakers begin training camp Tuesday after their worst season since moving to Los Angeles. The painful recap for their fans: Kobe Bryant played only six games, Steve Nash all of 15, there were a mere 27 victories and 13 teams finished with a better record than they did in the Western Conference.

It seems like so long ago, but somehow Bryant is back for a 19th NBA season. Despite his advancing age (36 last month) and suddenly thick dossier of recent injuries, it was "comforting" to know Bryant was returning to action, Kupchak said.

"I think he's going to have an excellent year. He's been working every day. I get reports. I've seen him personally. I know he's working and speaking with [Coach] Byron [Scott] on a daily or semi-daily basis," Kupchak said.

But how will he look on the court? Can he come closer to the 27.3 points he averaged in 2012-13 before his Achilles' injury than the 13.8 points he averaged last season before sustaining a fractured knee?

"He's going to play differently than he played 10 years ago, maybe not so different than what he played two or three years ago. I think he'll be very effective," Kupchak said. "I'm not going to predict what his statistics will be but . . . if we needed 30 from him or 35 one night, I think he can get it."

Bryant isn't limping, he has lost 10 to 12 pounds from last season and his conditioning is fine, Kupchak added.

"Now his explosiveness, understandably, is not going to be what it was 10 years ago but I'm not worried about that," Kupchak said.

If nothing else, the Lakers' roster will look little like last season's debacle. They added Carlos Boozer and Jeremy Lin, actually had a first-round draft choice for the first time since 2007 (Kentucky power forward Julius Randle) and were pleasantly surprised to find Missouri point guard Jordan Clarkson available in the second round.

Jordan Hill and Nick Young will be back, as will the 40-year-old Nash for one more season. Robert Sacre will provide depth at center and Xavier Henry will try to recapture some of the energy he showed before injuries sidelined him last season.

Kupchak said there would be "management" of minutes and possibly games played for Bryant and Nash, though he deferred to Scott on allocation of such.

Nash has taken part in informal scrimmages in the morning and at night at the team's facility in recent weeks.

"I think we're much further along with Steve this year than we were last year," Kupchak said, though he acknowledged being apprehensive because of Nash's injury history.

Things would have looked so different had the Lakers landed Anthony or, a real longshot, James. But they didn't.

"Our expectations with either player just based on what we perceived the environment to be . . . we never felt it was realistic that we could get one or [both]," Kupchak said. "But if you don't try you don't know.

"We'll get somebody. At some point we will

spurraider21
09-26-2014, 11:49 PM
honestly, why do u buy this shit?

RsxPiimp
09-26-2014, 11:51 PM
honestly, why do u buy this shit?

No one buys this shit. But its fun to make fun of the franchise.

NRHector
09-27-2014, 12:12 AM
Is n't it on every teams agenda

Thread
09-27-2014, 12:49 AM
Is n't it on every teams agenda

The site blind squirrel finally finds an acorn.

scanry
09-27-2014, 12:51 AM
The Lakers ought to regroup and build a good young core instead of talking about competing for titles. I wouldn't be surprised if the Buss family sell the Lakers after the new TV deal tbh.

Thread
09-27-2014, 12:53 AM
The Lakers ought to regroup and build a good young core instead of talking about competing for titles. I wouldn't be surprised if the Buss family sell the Lakers after the new TV deal tbh.

If you can climb out of the do-do & pee-pee of 6 anything is possible.

HI-FI
09-27-2014, 01:03 AM
you've gotten more Bitter since 5.

scanry
09-27-2014, 01:04 AM

You're a moron if you think the Spurs wouldn't contend after 6. The Spurs were arguably the better team last year and the loss only fueled this year's run. Lakers on the other hand need to buy time and get some good draft picks (i believe their lottery picks are protected) and get Kobe's contract off the books. Moreover free agents are bound to come to LA.

Thread
09-27-2014, 01:07 AM
You're a moron if you think the Spurs wouldn't contend after 6. The Spurs were arguably the better team last year and the loss only fueled this year's run. Lakers on the other hand need to buy time and get some good draft picks (i believe their lottery picks are protected) and get Kobe's contract off the books. Moreover free agents are bound to come to LA.

Please. You guys upstairs & downstairs were shoveling dirt on 'em toot sweet. Sure, now that you rang you want to conveniently forget how your base forsaked them and I'm too fuckin' tuckered to go thru the whole sordid mess. Suffice to say:::your people are just as petulant and unforgiving as the next asshole fandom in the line.

scanry
09-27-2014, 01:16 AM
Please. You guys upstairs & downstairs were shoveling dirt on 'em toot sweet. Sure, now that you rang you want to conveniently forget how your base forsaked them and I'm too fuckin' tuckered to go thru the whole sordid mess. Suffice to say:::your people are just as petulant and unforgiving as the next asshole fandom in the line.

I ain't into metrics but the Spurs have been contenders ever since Pop inserted Leonard into the starting line up. You're not a fan of the Spurs and i wouldn't expect you to understand this otherwise.

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 01:18 AM
lakers pick is top 5 protected. if they repeat last year's performance and get the 7th pick, they'd hand it over to Culburn's team.

Thread
09-27-2014, 01:18 AM
I ain't into metrics but the Spurs have been contenders ever since Pop inserted Leonard into the starting line up. You're not a fan of the Spurs and i wouldn't expect you to understand this otherwise.

Please. You guys upstairs & downstairs were shoveling dirt on that kid immediately after 6. Sure, now that you rang and used the youngster's back to carry your elder faggot to it you want to conveniently forget how your base forsaked that child and I'm too fuckin' tuckered to go thru the whole sordid mess. Suffice to say:::your people are just as petulant and unforgiving as the next asshole fandom in the line.

Thread
09-27-2014, 01:19 AM
lakers pick is top 5 protected. if they repeat last year's performance and get the 7th pick, they'd hand it over to Culburn's team.

Absolutely.

Thread
09-27-2014, 01:20 AM
You're not a fan of the Spurs and i wouldn't expect you to understand this otherwise.

& I am a fan of the Spurs.

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 01:41 AM
Mitch is the only actual piece of the championship formula we have left

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 01:42 AM
Mitch is the only actual piece of the championship formula we have left
you mistake him for Jerry West. he built the first team and he gave mitch Pau for the second team

for the last 7 years, every time the lakers make a good move, it's all about mitch playing chess, etc.

when the lakers make a move that backfires, he gets none of the blame and its all about how incompetent Fredo is.

can't have it both ways

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 01:51 AM
you mistake him for Jerry West. he built the first team and he gave mitch Pau for the second team

for the last 7 years, every time the lakers make a good move, it's all about mitch playing chess, etc.

when the lakers make a move that backfires, he gets none of the blame and its all about how incompetent Fredo is.

can't have it both ways

Ugh, no.

Jerry was THE guy and it was hard replacing a man like him. While I prefer West over Mitch, he has done a great job.

Mitch was initially the guy who brought in Malone and Payton in 04.

He also was the wizard behind the Gasol trade that had Popovich crying out foul to the league.

He also was the guy who got rid of Ariza's greedy ass agent and signed Ron Ron for nothing+Odom+Shannon Brown which reassured a 2nd chip.

He also got Barnes and Blake for near to nothing for the 3peat attempt which failed.

He was also the genius behind the CP3 trade that got blocked

He was also the guy behind the Howard and Nash deal.

The problem is now that Kobe is old as shit and his position requires athleticism. The guard position is a young mans game much like the PG position. No superstar can team with Kobe and make a run for rings outside of LBJ and that's not happening. It's over, got to start from scratch now and Jimmy boy has destroyed this franchise. But we will be back someday.

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 02:03 AM
Mitch was initially the guy who brought in Malone and Payton in 04.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAryFIuRxmQ

He also was the wizard behind the Gasol trade that had Popovich crying out foul to the league.
that was West from his memphis headquarters

He also was the guy who got rid of Ariza's greedy ass agent and signed Ron Ron for nothing+Odom+Shannon Brown which reassured a 2nd chip.
ron ron for nothing? ron ron got the same contract that ariza ended up getting. the lakers won with ariza in 09 and probably would have still won in '10 as long as Pau was there. instead MWP declined and Ariza got better since then. Odom was there since 2004 :lol

He also got Barnes and Blake for near to nothing for the 3peat attempt which failed.
Barnes was good for the money, so i'll grant you that. Blake ended up being good in his last year or two, but he was pretty meaningless at first, which is why they went after Sessions and thought he was the "missing piece" :lol

He was also the genius behind the CP3 trade that got blocked
i'll grant him that one. he should have had CP3, it was just bad timing with the league trying to sell the Hornets. i have my doubts as to what the team would look like (no Pau, Kobe not being the primary ball handler) but I digress. Couldn't be worse than the situation they have now (unless CP3 bolted a la Dwight after Kobe runs him off)

He was also the guy behind the Howard and Nash deal.

The problem is now that Kobe is old as shit and his position requires athleticism. The guard position is a young mans game much like the PG position. No superstar can team with Kobe and make a run for rings outside of LBJ and that's not happening. It's over, got to start from scratch now and Jimmy boy has destroyed this franchise. But we will be back someday.
you can thank Mitch for 48.5 which only adds to the Kobe problem

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 02:11 AM

that was West from his memphis headquarters

ron ron for nothing? ron ron got the same contract that ariza ended up getting. the lakers won with ariza in 09 and probably would have still won in '10 as long as Pau was there. instead MWP declined and Ariza got better since then. Odom was there since 2004 :lol

Barnes was good for the money, so i'll grant you that. Blake ended up being good in his last year or two, but he was pretty meaningless at first, which is why they went after Sessions and thought he was the "missing piece" :lol

i'll grant him that one. he should have had CP3, it was just bad timing with the league trying to sell the Hornets. i have my doubts as to what the team would look like (no Pau, Kobe not being the primary ball handler) but I digress. Couldn't be worse than the situation they have now (unless CP3 bolted a la Dwight after Kobe runs him off)

you can thank Mitch for 48.5 which only adds to the Kobe problem

Armo, ur facts r seriously off. I dont have a ton of time to debate this, but Ariza wanted quite a bit more than $32 million for 5 years that Artest got. David Lee wanted superstar money for a guy who was a streaky shooter.

The other facts r way off and opinions. Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol was in essence the trade Jerry West pulled off and it further cements his greatness. I dont understand this thinking that Jerry was doing the Lakers, a franchise that betrayed him thanks to Phil, a favor. Pau wanted out, he threatened to leave for Spain unless he was traded to a contender.

Jerry realized his team was 5-6 years away from contending and got Marc Gasol, Kwame, and trade picks. How you can argue this was a bad move now that we see what happened is ridiculous.

Its like the people who destroyed Orlando Magics for not ending up with Bynum in that Howard trade. How smart do they look now?

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 02:21 AM
Armo, ur facts r seriously off. I dont have a ton of time to debate this, but Ariza wanted quite a bit more than $32 million for 5 years that Artest got. David Lee wanted superstar money for a guy who was a streaky shooter.

The other facts r way off and opinions. Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol was in essence the trade Jerry West pulled off and it further cements his greatness. I dont understand this thinking that Jerry was doing the Lakers, a franchise that betrayed him thanks to Phil, a favor. Pau wanted out, he threatened to leave for Spain unless he was traded to a contender.

Jerry realized his team was 5-6 years away from contending and got Marc Gasol, Kwame, and trade picks. How you can argue this was a bad move now that we see what happened is ridiculous.

Its like the people who destroyed Orlando Magics for not ending up with Bynum in that Howard trade. How smart do they look now?
aper... Ariza signed for 5 years 33.5 with Houston while Artest signed for 5 years 33.5 with the Lakers

the fact that Marc Gasol has panned out the way he has doesn't make that trade better at the time. he was drafted in the 2nd round in 2007 and was sent in the Pau trade during the following season. its not as though his value had skyrocketed by then and he was this hot commodity. they could have gotten better prospects for Pau. the fact that Marc in hindsight has become a terrific player doesn't change that.

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 02:27 AM
aper... Ariza signed for 5 years 33.5 with Houston while Artest signed for 5 years 33.5 with the Lakers

the fact that Marc Gasol has panned out the way he has doesn't make that trade better at the time. he was drafted in the 2nd round in 2007 and was sent in the Pau trade during the following season. its not as though his value had skyrocketed by then and he was this hot commodity. they could have gotten better prospects for Pau. the fact that Marc in hindsight has become a terrific player doesn't change that.

Aper, as I said, get your facts straight. I went through this with Laker fans on LG. We were all sad to see Ariza go as he was a fan favorite. His shitty agent wanted $50 million, here is one of MANY articles with the facts. Artest said he'd take the MLE, Ariza wanted Kobe money.

A source tells HOOPSWORLD that Kupchak was prepared to giveAriza an offer equivalent to the full MLE but at 10.5% raises, totaling at approximately $33.8 million over five years (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13174%27,%27618%27)). LA's ceiling might have been a $6 million starting salary for $36 million over five but before negotiations progressed after 9:00pm Pacific on Tuesday night, the source says that Ariza's agent, David Lee, took a confrontational approach with Kupchak. Lee wanted a deal in the $50 million range and took offense to the team's stance that Trevor should test the market first for that level of compensation. By the next morning, the Lakers were going after Artest in full force with Kobe Bryant (http://bleacherreport.com/kobe-bryant), Lamar Odom and even Magic Johnson reaching out to the Houston forward. HoopsWorld (http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13174%27,%27618%27))

Of course his agent responded and said

"I am happy with my decision," Ariza told The Times. "I'm glad this all worked out. The Rockets are going to give me a chance to improve my game and that's all you can ask for."Ariza played in all 82 regular-season games and stepped up his game in the playoffs, averaging 11.3 points while shooting a stellar 47.6% from three-point range. He also had memorable steals of two inbounds passes late in Games 1 and 3 of the Western Conference finals against Denver (http://bleacherreport.com/denver-nuggets).
Ariza's agent, David Lee, said the 24-year-old forward passed up a more lucrative contract offer from another team to go to Houston. That team was believed to be Toronto (http://bleacherreport.com/toronto-raptors).
"It was never about the money," Lee said. "It was about going someplace where you felt appreciated."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/213715-why-trevor-ariza-should-fire-his-agent

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 02:58 AM
true or false: ariza signed for 5 years, 33.5 million

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 03:02 AM
true or false: ariza signed for 5 years, 33.5 million

What part of this is so hard for you to understand? Ariza and his agent did not want $33 million from LA. They told them its $50 or they're walking. David Lee was the most villified man in LA during that off season as he demanded $50 or he was out. They went for a power move, ala Jason Kidd trying to be a GM, and got denied much like Kidd.

They went and settled for Houston. 2 years later, I believe it was aaron brooks who came out and said Ariza regrets his agent holding the Lakers hostage like that and it really made him struggle with depression for a year when the Lakers won without him.

But of course, being Philo, you will reply and say :cry but $33 million tho.

:cry 1915

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 03:10 AM
i asked for true or false and u answered with a wall of text. the xmas approach

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 03:18 AM
i asked for true or false and u answered with a wall of text. the xmas approach

No I provided facts, you are just trying to deny you've lost much like the Armenians in 1915. :lol

:cry it wasnt a war tho
:cry USA doesnt give a shit about Armenia
:cry Kardashians are your call to fame

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 07:18 AM
Crofl believing Mitch had anything to do with that when it was Jerry West who convinced Shaq to sign it LA, and when it was Ronnie Lester who told Mitch to draft Bynum. Lol championship formula.

Thread
09-27-2014, 07:24 AM
Crofl believing Mitch had anything to do with that when it was Jerry West who convinced Shaq to sign it LA, and when it was Ronnie Lester who told Mitch to draft Bynum. Lol championship formula.

No. It was Jim Buss who insisted they draft Bynum. It was Jim Buss who insisted that Kobe not run Bynum off.

Without Jim Buss we're light two NBA Titles.

And the next time get up off your ass at 0-0 instead of 0-2.

Splits
09-27-2014, 07:30 AM
So the ratio to begin the season is 100/0. Curious what that will be in December...

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 07:58 AM
No. It was Jim Buss who insisted they draft Bynum. It was Jim Buss who insisted that Kobe not run Bynum off.

Without Jim Buss we're light two NBA Titles.

And the next time get up off your ass at 0-0 instead of 0-2.

Nope. Without Ronnie you are light 5. It was Jim who insisted in trading 5 draft picks total for Lin and Nash.

Tee, hee

Thread
09-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Nope. Without Ronnie you are light 5. It was Jim who insisted in trading 5 draft picks total for Lin and Nash.

Tee, hee

No. You didn't get up off your ass until you was air borne en root to the NW. & furthermore it was us, in particular Kobe who made use of Art after you couldn't do squat with him. In closing Jim Buss insisted on drafting Bynum. Jim Buss insisted that Kobe stand down when he wanted to run off Bynum. The result? We're light two NBA Title without Jim Buss.

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 11:28 AM
No. You didn't get up off your ass until you was air borne en root to the NW. & furthermore it was us, in particular Kobe who made use of Art after you couldn't do squat with him. In closing Jim Buss insisted on drafting Bynum. Jim Buss insisted that Kobe stand down when he wanted to run off Bynum. The result? We're light two NBA Title without Jim Buss.

Without Ronnie, Jimmy ain't shit. Without Jerry, Jimmy ain't shit. Ronnie insisted on Bynum. Jimmy insisted on Nash, and Lin.

Thread
09-27-2014, 11:57 AM
Without Ronnie, Jimmy ain't shit. Without Jerry, Jimmy ain't shit. Ronnie insisted on Bynum. Jimmy insisted on Nash, and Lin.

No. You're wrong, sweetheart. You were wrong about Artest, you were wrong about Battier, you were wrong about Howard and you're right about me & your grandmother. Jim Buss, baseball cap and all stood on the crest of sunrise, and insisted on drafting Bynum, then took a switch like AP and beat Kobe raw for wanting to run off Greenhand Bynum.

Clipper Nation
09-27-2014, 12:09 PM
The best part: Ronnie works for the team that owns the Lakers' pick, since Fredo ran him off :lol

Thread
09-27-2014, 12:40 PM
^The yellow fuck speaks.

djohn2oo8
09-27-2014, 01:28 PM
No. You're wrong, sweetheart. You were wrong about Artest, you were wrong about Battier, you were wrong about Howard and you're right about me & your grandmother. Jim Buss, baseball cap and all stood on the crest of sunrise, and insisted on drafting Bynum, then took a switch like AP and beat Kobe raw for wanting to run off Greenhand Bynum.

Nope. Jimmy insisted on trading for Nash and Lin with 5 picks. And now is insisting on paying Rubio max money. If Jim would have insisted on Bynum he would not have traded him. No Ronnie, no rings.

Thread
09-27-2014, 02:29 PM
Nope. Jimmy insisted on trading for Nash and Lin with 5 picks. And now is insisting on paying Rubio max money. If Jim would have insisted on Bynum he would not have traded him. No Ronnie, no rings.

If the Lakers acquire Rubio in any way, shape, manner, or form, I'll tender my resignation immediately and without prejudice.

If the Lakers don't acquire Rubio in any way, shape, manner, or form, you'll tender your resignation immediately and without prejudice.

Let us proceed...

da_suns_fan
09-27-2014, 04:41 PM
Whats he suppose to say?

"Its probably going to be a REALLY tough season. Kobe's taking up half the salary cap and I guess thats my fault. But I couldnt lose Dwight Howard and then Kobe in back-to-back summers. Theres no way I keep my job if we would have lost Kobe so I grossly overpaid."

"What do you want me to do? Dwight was childish, Nash was older than we thought and D'Antoni was never the offensive 'genius' we expected. On top of that, Kobe's an asshole and we all have to kiss his ass because our idiot fans love him so much. "

Killakobe81
09-27-2014, 05:31 PM

can't have it both ways

Amen raider said the same on here and on LG. He has made some good moves post West, but mistakes as well. But everyone blames Jimbo.

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 06:32 PM
CP3 was all Mitch and Nash was all Jim :lmao

HI-FI
09-27-2014, 06:59 PM
Amen raider said the same on here and on LG. He has made some good moves post West, but mistakes as well. But everyone blames Jimbo.
Jimbo, or any owner, ultimately deserves blame because buck stops with them. They sign the checks. I don't blame Fredo for keeping Kupchak, not after the success they've had with him (which tbh, was more The Logo, especially MVPau), but Kupchak was definitely part of it. I don't think Kupchak is a hack, but we'll see how he handles this more punitive CBA. I also don't blame him for overpaying Rapist either, since he still puts asses in the seat and jizz in the bathroom.

Arcadian
09-27-2014, 07:54 PM
:lmao lakers...

Thread
09-27-2014, 08:29 PM
:lmao lakers...

...we never had to be directed to the trophy case and made to surrender one. You did.

Thread
09-27-2014, 08:30 PM
Whats he suppose to say?

"Its probably going to be a REALLY tough season. Kobe's taking up half the salary cap and I guess thats my fault. But I couldnt lose Dwight Howard and then Kobe in back-to-back summers. Theres no way I keep my job if we would have lost Kobe so I grossly overpaid."

"What do you want me to do? Dwight was childish, Nash was older than we thought and D'Antoni was never the offensive 'genius' we expected. On top of that, Kobe's an asshole and we all have to kiss his ass because our idiot fans love him so much. "

You're casting us down after you swore up & down you would not bid against yourself for Blood?

You nervy bastard, you.

ElNono
09-27-2014, 09:10 PM
It will probably stay on the agenda at season's end.

Thread
09-28-2014, 12:29 AM
It will probably stay on the agenda at season's end.

Us & 28 others, God willing you'll be one of those.

da_suns_fan
09-28-2014, 08:18 AM
You're casting us down after you swore up & down you would not bid against yourself for Blood?

You nervy bastard, you.

Is this a shot at me because the Suns over-paid for Bledsoe?

Yes, the Suns over-paid for Bledsoe and are rolling out pretty much the exact same team as last year minus Frye. Cant say theres anything really to be excited about there.

But the Lakers' situation is much more humorous.

ambchang
09-28-2014, 08:40 AM
The lakers PR has the easiest jobs in the world because their fans are just that stupid.

Uriel
09-28-2014, 08:50 AM
Can someone please link to the Mitch Kupchack memes thread here in SpursTalk? The "You will all pay for your basketball reasons" and "While other GM's are playing checkers, I'm playing chess" stuff. That was gold. :lol

scanry
09-28-2014, 09:08 AM
The lakers PR has the easiest jobs in the world because their fans are just that stupid.

This ain't New York where they would tolerate a shitty ball club for long. They've had the good fortune of great front office and luck going their way all these years. I just get the feeling that they'd be back in the hunt in 2-3 years. LA is the biggest draw for the NBA and Silver isn't dumb enough to overlook that.

An empty Staples Center ain't going be pretty tbh.

Thread
09-28-2014, 09:24 AM

You accepted 6 DOA.

Don't even start, fat ass.

Thread
09-28-2014, 09:25 AM
Is this a shot at me because the Suns over-paid for Bledsoe?

Yes, the Suns over-paid for Bledsoe and are rolling out pretty much the exact same team as last year minus Frye. Cant say theres anything really to be excited about there.

But the Lakers' situation is much more humorous.

True, there ain't nothin' funny about O & 46.

ElNono
09-28-2014, 09:38 AM
Us & 28 others, God willing you'll be one of those.

In the meantime you can continue addressing me as Mr Champ, tee hee

Clipper Nation
09-28-2014, 11:12 AM
True, there ain't nothin' funny about O & 46.
48 & 1/2!

Thread
09-28-2014, 11:24 AM
^The zipperhead of a Sunday mornin'.

Silver&Black
09-28-2014, 11:33 AM
Even though I think Kupchak is full of shit with those comments.

What do you expect the guy to say? This is a Clipper town now....

Clipper Nation
09-28-2014, 11:33 AM
^ Ticket talkin'

KL2
09-28-2014, 11:39 AM
I doubt the Lakers win a championship within the next 15-20 years. The NBA is evolving, they can't go out there and just buy big men like Shaq to win them 'ships cause they don't exist anymore, I don't think LA will be able to adapt. Big daddy Stern is gone too, the Clippers have a much brighter future and will be the most beloved basketball team in CA for years to come and will be the face of LA basketball.

Kobe has what 2 years left? LA won't be doing jack shit in that time, then you've got years of rebuilding hoping your picks not only pan out but stay healthy. (something LA has been VERY fortunate to have)

You've also got to get a quality coach which is rare as hell these days in the NBA, Laker fans should know the drop off in quality after P-Jax left.

Thread
09-28-2014, 01:30 PM
^Another piss pot chickenshit from upstairs & a yellow fuck above him. I spit on the one above.

FuzzyLumpkins
09-28-2014, 02:23 PM
Things would have looked so different had the Lakers landed Anthony or, a real longshot, James. But they didn't.

"Our expectations with either player just based on what we perceived the environment to be . . . we never felt it was realistic that we could get one or [both]," Kupchak said. "But if you don't try you don't know.

"We'll get somebody. At some point we will

So Laker fans, how does it feel to know that your FO plan has been, is, and will continue to be to hope that something good comes along?

Clipper Nation
09-28-2014, 02:24 PM
^Another piss pot chickenshit from upstairs & a yellow fuck above him. I spit on the one above.

Did you spit on the traffic cop who wrote you that ticket?

Thread
09-28-2014, 02:54 PM
^A zipperhead speaks.

Kool Bob Love
09-28-2014, 03:42 PM
^A zipperhead speaks.

lin spoke and you listen.

Thread
lin spoke and you listen.

Get lost, slope.

Kool Bob Love
Get lost, slope.

Lin.

Thread
09-28-2014, 07:13 PM
^Get lost, slope.

ambchang
09-28-2014, 09:48 PM
You accepted 6 DOA.

Don't even start, fat ass.

Because 6 was followed by 5.

Thread
09-29-2014, 12:37 AM
Because 6 was followed by 5.

Wouldn't a matter if it was followed by my foot in your ass, 6 is all yours.

ambchang
09-29-2014, 05:20 AM
Wouldn't a matter if it was followed by my foot in your ass, 6 is all yours.

It does matter.

But you'd rather it be O & whatever so you can take being a laker fan, you chickenshit.

Thread
09-29-2014, 06:41 AM
It does matter.

But you'd rather it be O & whatever so you can take being a laker fan, you chickenshit.

ambchang
09-29-2014, 10:07 AM

Will soon be 48.5

Thread
09-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Will soon be 48.5

& 6

ambchang
09-29-2014, 12:19 PM
& 6

I am not in the camp of counting chickens, but I am surprised that you are so confident the Spurs will soon have 6 championships.

Good for you.

Thread
09-29-2014, 12:29 PM
I am not in the camp of counting chickens, but I am surprised that you are so confident the Spurs will soon have 6 championships.

Good for you.

Big purposely obtuse won't save ya.

chicken eye
09-29-2014, 12:37 PM

Yeah but you know what is purposely obtuse and will save me? Bigcuties.com baby. Do I even have to say it anymore my friend?

Thread
09-29-2014, 12:42 PM
Yeah but you know what is purposely obtuse and will save me? Bigcuties.com baby. Do I even have to say it anymore my friend?

Yeah, yeah, fat black women, big cracks, hairy bushes, sit on m,,,your face, rotate, I'm goin', I'm goin'.

chicken eye
09-29-2014, 12:46 PM
Yeah, yeah, fat black women, big cracks, hairy bushes, sit on m,,,your face, rotate, I'm goin', I'm goin'.

Bigcuties.com

ambchang
09-29-2014, 02:01 PM

I am assuming you meant "Being" instead of "Big", it is very uncharacteristic of you to have typos in your posts, just like it is uncharacteristic for you to predict a Spurs championship.

Speaking of which, which part of obtuse? It was a straight line down through the dialogue, very direct.

Will soon be 48.5

& 6

Good for you.

Thread
09-29-2014, 02:04 PM
I am assuming you meant "Being" instead of "Big", it is very uncharacteristic of you to have typos in your posts, just like it is uncharacteristic for you to predict a Spurs championship.

Speaking of which, which part of obtuse? It was a straight line down through the dialogue, very direct.

Only pussies & assholes lodge the spelling indictment.

ambchang
09-29-2014, 02:20 PM
Only pussies & assholes lodge the spelling indictment.

Not indicting you, just pointing out that it's something that is highly uncharacteristic of you, just as it is uncharacteristic for you to predict a Spurs championship.

I don't have a problem with the spelling error at all, I do it all the time. Speaking of which, typing "Being" as "Big" is a very cellphone typing error thing, you know, with autocorret and such. iPhone I assume?

Thread
09-29-2014, 02:37 PM
Not indicting you, just pointing out that it's something that is highly uncharacteristic of you, just as it is uncharacteristic for you to predict a Spurs championship.

I don't have a problem with the spelling error at all, I do it all the time. Speaking of which, typing "Being" as "Big" is a very cellphone typing error thing, you know, with autocorret and such. iPhone I assume?

I miss typed it because chicken eye has me snortin' over Big Cuties.

& it's an easy pick. They've won two in-a-row. Giving back one don't change that fact.

ambchang
09-29-2014, 02:42 PM
I miss typed it because chicken eye has me snortin' over Big Cuties.

& it's an easy pick. They've won two in-a-row. Giving back one don't change that fact.

ic, pretty tough to mistype "Being" into "Big", missing all the alternate alphabets.

Good to have you on the Spurs bandwaggon, your Suns will make some noise, I am not sure if they are championship ready, but a 6th seed isn't out of question.

Thread
09-29-2014, 02:47 PM
ic, pretty tough to mistype "Being" into "Big", missing all the alternate alphabets.

Good to have you on the Spurs bandwaggon, your Suns will make some noise, I am not sure if they are championship ready, but a 6th seed isn't out of question.

I don't cram the facts to fit my hatreds. If I did that, I'd be like you guys. I ain't like you guys. I'm a trend setter. I set trends.
---
My Suns have a date with O & 47 & O & 48. I don't even want to think about them breaking either date.

ambchang
09-29-2014, 03:57 PM
I don't cram the facts to fit my hatreds. If I did that, I'd be like you guys. I ain't like you guys. I'm a trend setter. I set trends.
---
My Suns have a date with O & 47 & O & 48. I don't even want to think about them breaking either date.

You have no problem bumping your Diaw thread, which was based on nothing, on a daily basis though.

Thread
09-29-2014, 04:15 PM
You have no problem bumping your Diaw thread, which was based on nothing, on a daily basis though.

Gotcha good with that one, eh?

It was my intention.

Kool Bob Love
09-29-2014, 08:43 PM
Gotcha good with that one, eh?

It was my intention.

Paying nash and gifting the Suns a top ten pick. Lin.

Thread
09-29-2014, 08:45 PM

Ya yellow fuck, you.

Kool Bob Love
09-29-2014, 08:48 PM
^
clown

Splits
09-29-2014, 08:50 PM

Even if the Lakers do keep their 2015 1st rounder...

2015 first round draft pick to Phoenix
L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Phoenix protected for selections 1-5 in 2015, 1-3 in 2016 and 1-3 in 2017 and unprotected in 2018 [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012]

2017 first round draft pick to Orlando
If at least two years after the L.A. Lakers conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix, then the L.A. Lakers' 1st round pick to Orlando protected for selections 1-5 in 2017 and 1-5 in 2018 and unprotected in 2019; if the L.A. Lakers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Phoenix by 2017, then the L.A. Lakers will instead convey their 2017 2nd round pick and 2018 2nd round pick to Orlando [L.A. Lakers-Phoenix, 7/11/2012 then L.A. Lakers-Orlando, 8/10/2012]

:lmao Nashy

Thread
09-29-2014, 08:51 PM
^
clown

Ya yellow fuck, you.

Kool Bob Love
09-29-2014, 08:54 PM
^
more pussy than Katie.

Thread
09-29-2014, 09:03 PM