PDA

View Full Version : Any House builder on here? need help boundary

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2014, 01:03 AM
the corner block has 3 lots on it, i got the big piece which is the fkn corner 15m x 10m (whole block is 15mx33m)

i see the other houses their front yard fence boundary is built along the the councils footpath perimeter..

while my house the fence is built 30cm inwards from my boundary, theres like a gap then councils footpath...yes that stretch of 30cm x 10m is also my land, but why did they didnt built the fence upto the footpaths boundary?

anyone familiar with this??

ps. i know there are some landscappers on here, i need a quote how m uch to build a front yard brick fence? should i DIY? 15metres long and about 50cm in height...yes the house is in front of a roundabout....i think that should be high enough to protect my house from cars speeding air borne round a bouts...

The Reckoning
09-27-2014, 01:09 AM
you live in australia ya wanker

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2014, 01:22 AM
you live in australia ya wanker

land laws same shit as america, just that whatever we find underneath land belongs to govt...lol mark cuban lucky bastard

u station in australia in darwin yeh kent?

im also tossin up between a late career change whether to join army or being a cop....

The Reckoning
09-27-2014, 01:45 AM
land laws same shit as america, just that whatever we find underneath land belongs to govt...lol mark cuban lucky bastard

u station in australia in darwin yeh kent?

im also tossin up between a late career change whether to join army or being a cop....

BS it all belongs to the queen so the abos can't take it.

nah i'm in rAdelaide

be a cop. aussie cops have it easy. i dated an aussie chick cop who had it easy. she had her own pad on the beach and we'd go surfing every weekend. she'd always be on holiday too.

Koolaid_Man
09-27-2014, 07:10 AM
the corner block has 3 lots on it, i got the big piece which is the fkn corner 15m x 10m (whole block is 15mx33m)

i see the other houses their front yard fence boundary is built along the the councils footpath perimeter..

while my house the fence is built 30cm inwards from my boundary, theres like a gap then councils footpath...yes that stretch of 30cm x 10m is also my land, but why did they didnt built the fence upto the footpaths boundary?

ps. i know there are some landscappers on here, i need a quote how m uch to build a front yard brick fence? should i DIY? 15metres long and about 50cm in height...yes the house is in front of a roundabout....i think that should be high enough to protect my house from cars speeding air borne round a bouts...

ok let me help you out and dumb this down. I dont wanna sound too smart here :lol you brag about having more land but all you got is a bigger easement. they built the fence where they want you to play...you do anything outside of that and it's at your own risk of them tearing it down because of utilities work. You can apply for a variance but they won't give you that much back...you should review property title again... sounds like you paid more for the allusion that the easement space belongs to you. It may work out they never need the space but it's not really yours either..If it's really your land the only options you have is ask them to move the fence at a cost to them or move it yourself.

now back to my regulating :toast

boutons_deux
09-27-2014, 07:25 AM

not real clear picture from your words, but in USA (TX) there is a required "setback" from the property boundary where you cannot build permanent structures, but a fence of course can be on the property line.

anyway, there's so many DIY info sites, forums youtubes, if you are experienced in working with your hands, tools, that's 50 cm x 15 m isn't that massive.

Bricks or cinder blocks + plaster?

If you're primary objective is a vehicle stopper/slower-downer, I saw in Jamaica where they build houses with cinder/cement blocks (no native construction wood for stick framing, imported wood too expensive for a poor country of 2M), but they put rebar vertically and horizontally, and then fill the hollows with cement.

Sportcamper
09-27-2014, 07:53 AM
Koolaid You Rat Bastard! All this time I have been playing along thinking that you were a Hood Rat & now you have exposed yourself as an engineer! :lol

Sportcamper
09-27-2014, 07:55 AM
TDMVPDPOY
Get a survey report…It is not that expensive...The document will outline every question you have…It is amazing to me that few states require a survey report for real estate transactions...

Koolaid_Man
09-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Koolaid You Rat Bastard! All this time I have been playing along thinking that you were a Hood Rat & now you have exposed yourself as an engineer! :lol

What? Chill out with that shit mane.....just bcuz a nigga know a little something property easements dont mean he's educated by any stretch. I am educated though never claimed to be a hood...i just prefer not to work since i dont really have to. Im am semi-hood bro....i go to the hood to get hair cuts and fuck with a few people I know..I'm down 4 whatever and the homies know it. I cant be white and know all the shit about the hood as I do.....I take exception to anyone portraying me as white. im a black africaan named cedric and thats just the way it is.

RD2191
09-27-2014, 09:05 AM
What? Chill out with that shit mane.....just bcuz a nigga know a little something property easements dont mean he's educated by any stretch. I am educated though never claimed to be a hood...i just prefer not to work since i dont really have to. Im am semi-hood bro....i go to the hood to get hair cuts and fuck with a few people I know..I'm down 4 whatever and the homies know it. I cant be white and know all the shit about the hood as I do.....I take exception to anyone portraying me as white. im a black africaan named cedric and thats just the way it is.
:lol

Blake
09-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Sounds like op is on a flaglot

TDMVPDPOY
09-27-2014, 11:04 PM
http://i59.tinypic.com/9ggegw.jpg

townhouses plan
A = ME
B+C = neighbors
d = someones backyard :(
black = road
light grey = councils footpath
dark grey = front/back yards
yellow = area im disputed which is also my land where the fence should be closer to the footpath,
- B doesnt have a fence for his front yard,
- c has a front yard i saw erected who is not held to the same rules as me which is upto the footpath boundary...

is it because B is in the middle and tucked behind my building? that the fence is built like that so others/council/mailman can see building B?

i want to reallocate the fence closer to the boundary...cause at the end of the day its land>building when it comes revaluation of property to sell....

CosmicCowboy
09-28-2014, 06:41 PM
Are you seriously bitching about a 11" setback? Thats obviously not an easement like idiot Kool claimed. More than likely the fence builder just moved back away from the sidewalk to make digging his postholes easier. Wow...you must be in a real urban area to have lots that small...is your house like 4 stories tall?

DMC
09-28-2014, 06:44 PM
That's why he sits and beats off in his office, it's also his bathroom.