PDA

View Full Version : OT: UFC has taken a bad nose dive tbh

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 11:01 PM
I was a huge fan of MMA, I still love the sport but it has completely died.

How do you go from a card this stacked once every 2 months

http://nextmmafight.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/UFC-100-500x375.jpg

To a card as shitty as the one on right now on PPV

http://www.mainevent.com.au/content/events/headers/ufc-178-640x360.jpg

:lol

I'm watching it for free and the commentators keep mentioning how,"These are future superstars of this sport, throwing great matches." I haven't seen anything so forced since I watched that Jodie Foster rape scene

dbreiden83080
09-27-2014, 11:14 PM
Too many weight classes and too much oversaturation. The UFC got high on their success from four and five years ago and is now taking the business model in the wrong direction. I never thought they should've had a weight class that went below 155 pounds. The way the UFC is going they will soon be in the business trying to sell midget wrestling.

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 11:19 PM
Too many weight classes and too much oversaturation. The UFC got high on their success from four and five years ago and is now taking the business model in the wrong direction. I never thought they should've had a weight class that went below 155 pounds. The way the UFC is going they will soon be in the business trying to sell midget wrestling.

Its funny because 5 years ago in its prime, I was talking about how the UFC would never fuck up like boxing and do exactly that. My friend debated that it would in fact go down the wrong direction and oversaturate once it had enough fans.

Man, he was spot on. This UFC tonight is an embarassment. Rhonda Rousey is an embarassing superstar. Dana White should kill himself for the good of his sport. If I have to hear one more time how Rousey is the greatest fighter in sports history

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 11:20 PM
agree with OP. UFC 100 was such a spectacular event... and while things stayed great for the next 2 years or so, its fallen off big time

the heavyweight division by in large sucks now, and the only real megastar is jon jones but he doesn't have much competition.

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 11:25 PM
agree with OP. UFC 100 was such a spectacular event... and while things stayed great for the next 2 years or so, its fallen off big time

the heavyweight division by in large sucks now, and the only real megastar is jon jones but he doesn't have much competition.

There are still stars like Cain, Jones, Gus, but theyre injured because of oversaturation. Tonight was supposed to be Jones V Gus 2, but Jones got injured. Now Weidman got injured and cant fight Belfort.

The sport is done as long as Dana is at helm, and as sad as it is to see, Im glad to see Dana suffer. He's one of the cockiest POS in human history

dbreiden83080
09-27-2014, 11:31 PM
There are still stars in the sport and great fights to look forward to but it isn't the same. The UFC used to stack the cards and give you time to really build up anticipation and look forward to an event. That is all over with thanks to them getting way too high on their success and overcrowding their own product..

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 11:38 PM
i can't hate on Dana White... UFC became a mainstream promotion under his watch. he got everything he ever wanted except Fedor. imo fedor would have been exposed in the ufc

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 11:56 PM
There are still stars in the sport and great fights to look forward to but it isn't the same. The UFC used to stack the cards and give you time to really build up anticipation and look forward to an event. That is all over with thanks to them getting way too high on their success and overcrowding their own product..

Agreed, it sucks because I really love MMA. It goes along perfectly with boxing and mixed with the NFL and NBA there's hardly a dull weekend. Now its fucking dead

i can't hate on Dana White... UFC became a mainstream promotion under his watch. he got everything he ever wanted except Fedor. imo fedor would have been exposed in the ufc

Meh, Fedor at that stage yeah, but a prime Fedor is still nothing to fuck with. He was an awesome fighter. I will say that alot of those ring style fighters did NOT adapt well to the cage and wrestling style. I recall debating with Tim Sylvia and Arlovski fans for ages that Fedor would defeat both of them. They laughed as Sylvia towered Fedor and used to call him a 'little shit' in interviews. The fight lasted 28 seconds :lol

Every fighters eventually 'gives out'. I have yet to see a fighter not 'give out' and look like shit, except for Marciano who never fought anyone great in their primes.

I just think UFC fighters are more pure wrestlers and know how to keep a dude on the ground and PRIDE was more of pure strikers or BJJ guys. But I still have Fedor as easily the top 2 GOAT next to Silva.

spurraider21
09-27-2014, 11:56 PM
Agreed, it sucks because I really love MMA. It goes along perfectly with boxing and mixed with the NFL and NBA there's hardly a dull weekend. Now its fucking dead

Meh, Fedor at that stage yeah, but a prime Fedor is still nothing to fuck with. He was an awesome fighter. I will say that alot of those ring style fighters did NOT adapt well to the cage and wrestling style.

I just think UFC fighters are more pure wrestlers and know how to keep a dude on the ground and PRIDE was more of pure strikers or BJJ guys. But I still have Fedor as easily the top 2 GOAT next to Silva.
all the guys that were pride legends/superstars were shit in the UFC.

AlexJones
09-27-2014, 11:57 PM
Lesnar could've been the greatest of all time.

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 11:58 PM

Rampage
Noguiera
Rua

Went on to be champions, I wouldnt exactly call them shit. A lot of it was timing, those guys were old by that time. I think the only epic dissapointment was Mirko Cro Cop who was basically juicing to the max and looked like shit in the UFC

Thebesteva
09-27-2014, 11:59 PM
Lesnar could've been the greatest of all time.

Thats my main man right there, even though I think Dana destroyed him by pushing him against everyone too fast. UFC is fucking stupid man, they dont allow a fighter to even fight 1 easy fight. Its like, ok for your first real MMA fight you'll face former champion Frank mir then legendary fighter Randy Couture. lol wtf

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 12:09 AM
yeah they tried to make lesnar something he wasn't ready for yet.

Noguiera wasn't that good in the UFC, at least no nearly as good as he was in pride.

Rampage was 7-5 in the UFC.

i'll grant you shogun. his fight with hendo is still probably the best i've seen

AlexJones
09-28-2014, 12:09 AM
Thats my main man right there, even though I think Dana destroyed him by pushing him against everyone too fast. UFC is fucking stupid man, they dont allow a fighter to even fight 1 easy fight. Its like, ok for your first real MMA fight you'll face former champion Frank mir then legendary fighter Randy Couture. lol wtf

Yep, they tried to capitalize on the short term money and never saw the big picture.

SupremeGuy
09-28-2014, 12:10 AM
That cheater bullshit that Romero pulled tonight is why the UFC is losing fans. Fucking weak shit all around, tbh. Even worse than JJ trying to blind people every fight.

Thebesteva
09-28-2014, 12:24 AM
yeah they tried to make lesnar something he wasn't ready for yet.

Noguiera wasn't that good in the UFC, at least no nearly as good as he was in pride.

Rampage was 7-5 in the UFC.

i'll grant you shogun. his fight with hendo is still probably the best i've seen

Rampage was awesome for about 2-3 years in the UFC. When it mattered most, he was 5-2. He beat Eastman who was a scrub then went on to beat a fucking PRIME Chuck Liddell which cemented his legacy (for a second time), Dan Henderson who is one of the best fighters ever, lost to Griffin, won against Silva, Jardine, and ultimately lost a close fight against Evans.

A big reason the UFC is dying is because Dana started cutting people after 3 losses in a row. Thats why guys no longer fight like ARlovski and instead fight like Evans and just try to hold and dirty box.

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 12:28 AM
:cry i miss prime hendo. he's my favorite

Thebesteva
09-28-2014, 12:30 AM
:cry i miss prime hendo. he's my favorite

Hendo was a bad dude. I always felt he had the best chance to beat Silva

Thread
09-28-2014, 12:30 AM
I was flabbergasted it ever lifted off to begin with and shocked that it stayed up as long as it has.

You couldn't pay me to go see it.

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 12:32 AM
Hendo was a bad dude. I always felt he had the best chance to beat Silva
my favorite fighters were rarely the "best" ones. they were the guys that gave the best fights. Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Joe Lauzon are all up there for me. win or lose all their matches are entertaining. polar opposite to a guy like GSP.

i was also a lesnar fan... i was at the Anaheim fight where Cain destroyed him tho :depressed

Thebesteva
09-28-2014, 03:37 AM
my favorite fighters were rarely the "best" ones. they were the guys that gave the best fights. Henderson, Forrest Griffin, Joe Lauzon are all up there for me. win or lose all their matches are entertaining. polar opposite to a guy like GSP.

i was also a lesnar fan... i was at the Anaheim fight where Cain destroyed him tho :depressed

Yep, they tried to capitalize on the short term money and never saw the big picture.

I know this is crazy to say but Lesnar going back to the WWE is where he belongs. Not because he wasnt good enough, but hes too good for the UFC imho. He makes prolly multimillions a year in the WWE, he just broke the most important streak to all WWE fans, and he is a part timer now.

I dont watch the WWE, but I have a lot of respect for those guys. The amount of abuse they endure is ridiculous. No wonder they all get addicted to pain killers+steroids+coke.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-28-2014, 09:50 AM

Nope. In his prime Fedor was the best ever.

Try going into Nogueira's guard and destroying him for 15 minutes 3x or out-striking Cro Cop

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-28-2014, 09:50 AM

:lol because they were old and out of their prime.

When Fedor was Champ in PRIDE, they were the best organization.

Drinking that Dana juice

Brunodf
09-28-2014, 10:29 AM
Greedy UFC making 40 shitty PPV a year instead of 15-20 good/great ones tbh:bang

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-28-2014, 10:32 AM
Greedy UFC making 40 shitty PPV a year instead of 15-20 good/great ones tbh:bang

Pretty much this. More revenue for their company; However, they will just fall into the same category as boxing before long.

apalisoc_9
09-28-2014, 11:15 AM
Lesnar :lol

The guy never had the footwork, the touch and not even the power. He got lucky once and the rest is history...

You can when someone doesn't jack shit about fighting in General..

Lesnar was a cash grab, UFC wanted to make money so they made him fight against great fighters..

The dude never had a chance.....

5-3

could have been best of all time:lol

Clipper Nation
09-28-2014, 11:18 AM
:lol UFC has always been trash, unless you enjoy watching sweaty men dry hump each other....

Boxing >>>>>>>>> UFC
GOATweather >>>>>>>>>>> any UFC fighter

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 11:45 AM
Nope. In his prime Fedor was the best ever.

Try going into Nogueira's guard and destroying him for 15 minutes 3x or out-striking Cro Cop
Lol the classic shitty "can you do better?" sports argument. I still have nightmares of the Mir cro-cop fight, probably the worst UFC fight of all time. I don't think cro cop threw a single punch during any of the 3 rounds

you don't need to get in nogs guard to beat him, his striking was just overmatched by UFC competition.

Its td hard to gauge fedor but I doubt he can go into the UFC and just start armbar-ing everybody. UFC fighters are better trained and more well rounded than the pride fighters were.

At times fedor was a borderline circus act. He fought hong man choi, the 7 foot Asian dude, he fought some sumo wrestler, etc

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Lesnar was solid but please he wasn't approaching goat status :lol. For such a big guy if you ever landed a punch he would curl up into a defensive ball. He was my favorite heavyweight for the entertainment factor, right there with Shane carwin during that time period

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-28-2014, 11:54 AM
Lol the classic shitty "can you do better?" sports argument. I still have nightmares of the Mir cro-cop fight, probably the worst UFC fight of all time. I don't think cro cop threw a single punch during any of the 3 rounds

you don't need to get in nogs guard to beat him, his striking was just overmatched by UFC competition.

Its td hard to gauge fedor but I doubt he can go into the UFC and just start armbar-ing everybody. UFC fighters are better trained and more well rounded than the pride fighters were.

At times fedor was a borderline circus act. He fought hong man choi, the 7 foot Asian dude, he fought some sumo wrestler, etc

Again, when Cro Cop fought Mir he was WAY out of his prime. Cro Cop in his prime was probably top 5 in MMA most deadly strikers... and Fedor completely handled him.

I didn't mean the "you try" literally. I mean that Nogueira has one of the most respect ground games of all time, and Fedor fearlessly destroyed him from the guard.

Fedor even at this age could still be a top ten Heavyweight.

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-28-2014, 11:55 AM
Lesnar :lol

The guy never had the footwork, the touch and not even the power. He got lucky once and the rest is history...

You can when someone doesn't jack shit about fighting in General..

Lesnar was a cash grab, UFC wanted to make money so they made him fight against great fighters..

The dude never had a chance.....

5-3

could have been best of all time:lol

Hard to say he got lucky when he beat multiple Hall of Famers, and won the UFC title.. Before his almost deadly surgery twice, he understandably didn't come back the same.

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 12:00 PM
Multiple HOF? He beat couture at like 45. Is Mir even worthy of HOF? Maybe

100%duncan
09-28-2014, 12:12 PM
What Dbreiden said. Also injuries don't help.

Infinite_limit
09-28-2014, 03:31 PM

Except that clown got his ass handed to him by an European

Another path to failure the UFC copied from boxing: protecting it's belt holders

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 03:34 PM
Except that clown got his ass handed to him by an European

Another path to failure the UFC copied from boxing: protecting it's belt holders
jones' only loss came early in his career to an American

Brunodf
09-28-2014, 03:37 PM
jones' only loss came early in his career to an American
I think he is talking about his fight against Gustafsson. And JJ isn't a HW...

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 03:38 PM
I think he is talking about his fight against Gustafsson. And JJ isn't a HW...
i know. i said the heavyweight class sucks and separately said jones is the only ufc star

Thebesteva
09-28-2014, 07:57 PM
i know. i said the heavyweight class sucks and separately said jones is the only ufc star

But Dana White says Rousey is the best combat athlete of all time

DMC
09-28-2014, 09:03 PM
As the years have passed the game is becoming more technical. Gone are the days of fat Tank Abbott type guys, they get destroyed. These guys now are well rounded and can scrap. Who cares about names. Only TMZ watching faggots care about celebrity names.

Thebesteva
09-28-2014, 09:36 PM
As the years have passed the game is becoming more technical. Gone are the days of fat Tank Abbott type guys, they get destroyed. These guys now are well rounded and can scrap. Who cares about names. Only TMZ watching faggots care about celebrity names.

THose days were gone already way back in 2005 when Couture and Liddell were kings. In my opinion, gone are the days guys are going out there and fighting to win. As Rampage said, there are no fighters in the UFC anymore, only great athletes.

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 09:48 PM
rampage is just another guy with an outdating fighting style

DMC
09-29-2014, 12:33 AM
THose days were gone already way back in 2005 when Couture and Liddell were kings. In my opinion, gone are the days guys are going out there and fighting to win. As Rampage said, there are no fighters in the UFC anymore, only great athletes.
That's because they are trying to make a living. I guess you have to have a chain around your neck and howl at the ceiling to be a fighter? All the old dogs consider new dogs weak. It's par for the course.

Thebesteva
09-29-2014, 02:20 AM
That's because they are trying to make a living. I guess you have to have a chain around your neck and howl at the ceiling to be a fighter? All the old dogs consider new dogs weak. It's par for the course.

http://www.damnlol.com/i/7cc69bbfc310def58da4f0e324cc5568.jpg