PDA

View Full Version : Do mainstream musicians even like the music they make?

benefactor
09-28-2014, 05:35 PM
Fancy came on again at the gym the other day and I couldn't help but wonder this. Iggy, Lorde, Pitbull, all these country singers who make country songs that try to sound like rap songs...these people can't seriously like what they are making. Thoughts(anyone but Avante, of course)?

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 05:37 PM
that song makes me want to punch a dolphin

silverblk mystix
09-28-2014, 05:52 PM
Fancy came on again at the gym the other day and I couldn't help but wonder this. Iggy, Lorde, Pitbull, all these country singers who make country songs that try to sound like rap songs...these people can't seriously like what they are making. Thoughts(anyone but Avante, of course)?

I suspect - but have no proof -

that their motivation is money/greed -

at least this is what I think when I see and hear their creations...

and

the OP is a faggot also - I do have proof of this though.

:lmao:lmao

benefactor
09-28-2014, 06:12 PM

and

:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol

spurraider21
09-28-2014, 06:19 PM

and

:lol:rollin:lol:rollin:lol

:lmao:lmao:rollin:lol:lol:rollin:lmao:lmao

Chinook
09-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Eh, artists make a lot of songs they don't end up loving. They just get an idea and run with it. The same is true for authors, painters, etc. Back in the old days, those unsatisfactory pieces would end up on the cutting room floor. But in today's era where most songs are the musical equivalent of fast food, they can release them knowing they will still make money.

DMC
09-28-2014, 06:51 PM
Do we like a lot of the stuff we do for a living? Probably not.

xmas1997
09-28-2014, 06:55 PM
Eh, artists make a lot of songs they don't end up loving. They just get an idea and run with it. The same is true for authors, painters, etc. Back in the old days, those unsatisfactory pieces would end up on the cutting room floor. But in today's era where most songs are the musical equivalent of fast food, they can release them knowing they will still make money.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you about the "fast food" analogy. Or they retreat back to old standbys like the blues that is easy to crank out.

cantthinkofanything
09-29-2014, 08:42 AM

This is it in a nutshell. Someone's telling me I can make tens of millions of dollars by abandoning my musical integrity and just putting out some simple fluff. Instead of playing small clubs and holding down two jobs. Sign me up.
The only thing that these "artists" need to do is not get all pissy when people don't respect them later when they do try to put out something real. You've sold out already. Enjoy your money and shut the fuck up.

Brazil
09-29-2014, 11:28 AM

ya and still much better than checking assholes

DJR210
09-29-2014, 11:52 AM
Probably not considering how involved the major labels are creatively in a lot of the shit that's out there..and that Iggy shit is garbage to the next level.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-29-2014, 01:59 PM
I would wonder how many of them feel any sense of ownership or identity with the things they produce. When something is "co-written" with six other industry insiders, lip synched in concert, and then licensed out to be one more aspect of their "brand" why even bother to ponder if it's any good or not.