PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Morey responds to Cuban

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 07:30 AM
For months, Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban has unleashed a barrage of slights and snipes onto the Houston Rockets (http://www.spurstalk.com/nba/teams/hou/), framing the regime of general manager Daryl Morey in the most unflattering of ways. It has been an undermining, calculated campaign. Just understand this, though: No longer does it go unanswered.

Morey has played a part in feeding the frenzy, too. "I think [Cuban's] pissed that we went after Dirk [Nowitzki] in free agency, however unsuccessful it was," Morey told Yahoo Sports. Yes, Morey respects the tactical purposes behind Cuban's crusade, but rejects his reasoning as flawed – even downright untrue.

"We've been pretty good, and I think he's doing a smart thing to take on a rival," Morey told Yahoo Sports late Sunday. "He should want to beat up on San Antonio, too, but it's hard to paint the Spurs that way. So he's directed his bully pulpit onto us. Our owner stays above the fray, so I'm outgunned honestly.

In Cuban's most recent baiting of the Rockets, he proclaimed that Morey had little regard for player chemistry, relying largely on the merits of math. Morey seethed over the premise and fired back to Yahoo Sports: "I completely reject it."

"Our teams have had great chemistry, and it's something we believe in. Hey, if Mark believed so much in chemistry, he wouldn't have busted up a title team for cap room. He's trying to reunite a lot of those people now, bringing back the center [Tyson Chandler] from that title team. Maybe he's got some chemistry religion recently

"He's tripled his analytics staff. If he's equating analytics with not caring about chemistry, well, he's tripling down on it. I think he's smart to paint a competitor in a negative light, but none of those statements are lining up. He says that we're the team that you sign with and then we will trade you, when that's what he said he would've done with Dwight.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rockets-gm-daryl-morey-fires-back-at-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban-082844311.html

SupremeGuy
09-29-2014, 07:56 AM
Morey should concentrate on doing his job better instead of responding to a blowhard like Cuban cause he just finished having a pretty shitty summer, tbh.

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 08:20 AM
Morey should concentrate on doing his job better instead of responding to a blowhard like Cuban cause he just finished having a pretty shitty summer, tbh.

His problem.is not firing McHale. Not players.

Killakobe81
09-29-2014, 08:22 AM
I love it. Bring some heat to the Texas rivalry.

lefty
09-29-2014, 08:29 AM
Cuban 1
Morey 0

Clipper Nation
09-29-2014, 08:30 AM
:lol Morey is a salty, overrated faggot who shouldn't be talking....

8FOR!3
09-29-2014, 08:32 AM
Pretty bush league to me. Meanwhile the Spurs are just going out there and winning.

dirk4mvp
09-29-2014, 08:38 AM
Pretty bush league to me. Meanwhile the Spurs are just going out there and winning.

all class :cry

dirk4mvp
09-29-2014, 08:38 AM
lol rockets

Killakobe81
09-29-2014, 08:44 AM
His problem.is not firing McHale. Not players.

DJ is right on this one ... but still think the team is not a title contender as constructed.

On a positive note, Harden played really well in FIBA ... even tried hard on defense. if Rox get that version I doubt they legit contenders but it's a step in that right direction. they still have two of the best players at their position in the NBA.

Killakobe81
09-29-2014, 08:48 AM
Cuban 1
Morey 0

Though I love to clown him, Morey got Dwight (over Lakers AND Mavs) and wasnt that part of the reason cubes broke up the title team? He also fleeced OKC for Harden. i think he does some dumb shit but he did acquire good young assets like Parsons. Should have traded him prior to him walking ...

but yes he is salty and butthurt ...

monosylab1k
09-29-2014, 09:19 AM

:cry in a world of hype, we just win :cry

SupremeGuy
09-29-2014, 09:51 AM
lol @ bitter mavfan

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 10:21 AM

He didn't trade four draft picks for the Black McHale so that counts.

Clipper Nation
09-29-2014, 10:24 AM
He didn't trade four draft picks for the Black McHale so that counts.
Playoff Series Wins Since 2007:

"Black McHale": 12
Morey: 1

Also, we traded 1 pick, I think you're mixing it up with the Lakers' Nash trade :lol

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 10:29 AM
Though I love to clown him, Morey got Dwight (over Lakers AND Mavs) and wasnt that part of the reason cubes broke up the title team? He also fleeced OKC for Harden. i think he does some dumb shit but he did acquire good young assets like Parsons. Should have traded him prior to him walking ...

Cuban was pretty salty himself about Dwight. Also, besides getting Dwight and Harden, he has made more good deals/draft picks then bad ones.

Landry
Brooks
Rafer Alston for Kyle Lowry
Bobby Jackson for Ron Artest
Brooks for Dragic
Spanoulis or however you spell it for Scola
Terrence Jones
Parsons
Ariza on his new deal

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 10:30 AM

The only way Dwight's agent would let him sign in Houston (he did not want him to sign there) was to let Parsons out of his deal early. Parsons' has the same agent as Dwight.

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 10:35 AM
Playoff Series Wins Since 2007:

"Black McHale": 12
Morey: 1

Also, we traded 1 pick, I think you're mixing it up with the Lakers' Nash trade :lol

We are both getting it mixed up this morning. I am sure you meant to put Tom Thibadeaux series wins. We know Doc couldn't do shit with a prime McGrady or a Prime Paul Pierce. Tom, you da real MVP. Can't hate on Doc too much, he has made it one round further than McHale without Tom in the West.

Clipper Nation
09-29-2014, 10:37 AM
We are both getting it mixed up this morning. I am sure you meant to put Tom Thibadeaux series wins. We know Doc couldn't do shit with a prime McGrady or a Prime Paul Pierce. Tom, you da real MVP.
Thibs with Doc: 1
Thibs without Doc: 0

Doc lost with McGrady and.... Pat Garrity? Thibs choked with McGrady AND Yao.

Let us proceed....

scanry
09-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Are you serious CN?

BTW Tom Rivers. :lol

Thread
09-29-2014, 10:45 AM
^My yellow fart catcher.

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 10:46 AM
Thibs with Doc: 1
Thibs without Doc: 0

Doc lost with McGrady and.... Pat Garrity? Thibs choked with McGrady AND Yao.

Let us proceed....

And that nigga Mike Miller. Are you saying Paul and Griffin are better than Prime McGrady?

Also, you made my point for me. Doc without Thibs = 0.

Clipper Nation
09-29-2014, 10:58 AM
And that nigga Mike Miller. Are you saying Paul and Griffin are better than Prime McGrady?

Also, you made my point for me. Doc without Thibs = 0.
:lol Thinking Mike Miller > Yao

Hey, when the Bulls don't win shit and Thibs gets fired, maybe he can go back to riding Doc's coattails :lol

Thread
09-29-2014, 10:59 AM
^My yellow fart catcher.

Raven
09-29-2014, 11:02 AM
Not sure so many people keep pretending like a team led by dead kidd , tosb terry and retired peja was going to be a legit contender ever again. It was a teeam created on the deadline and lasted two months, not a 5 year team...

Killakobe81
09-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Not sure so many people keep pretending like a team led by dead kidd , tosb terry and retired peja was going to be a legit contender ever again. It was a teeam created on the deadline and lasted two months, not a 5 year team...

In that strike shortened year ... with that coach yes they could have ...if they at least kept Tyson added VC i think they as least are potential WCF. I agree they were not built for the long-term, but lets say Pop/Rc felt the same kept only the young stars off last year's team and sent the rest packing are you telling me you would be ok with that?! Would you have been Ok if Diaw, Mills and Gino all walked? Spurs get a legit chance to defend their title. even if they fail to do so is that the wrong move? Also Raven are you saying bring everyone back or blow up were the only options? what about keeping Chandler and signing low cost vets around their offensive and defensive anchors?

Lakers in 2009-2010 was no dynasty but when they lost Ariza they got artest. that kind of move cuban could have made but he wanted "to keep the powder dry". They are in good shape now and i think can make someplayoff noise but they still bungled their title defense.

Side note: To be fair, dirk lost some hunger after he rang ...lost some fire. I think he wasnt in top shape due to the strike and not wanting it as bad as he did before. he admitted to being "fatigued" after that june and it showed. So maybe without another star to pick up some of that slack they would still flameout, but I would rather have found out if i were a Mavs fan.

Thread
09-29-2014, 11:33 AM

But living proof it can be done. The talent line in the NBA is the closest of all the major sports (MLB/NFL/NBA). Not doing (wrong) VS doing (right) is indicative in the NBA. Hell, you're living proof of that=(6).

Screw a white man's head onto a black man's body. Go ahead. Viola!

Findog
09-29-2014, 12:05 PM
Joke's on you Morey for trying to build a title team around Bible Statutory Rape Kemp and James "I pay $20k to fly Instagram prostitutes to Houston" Harden.

Findog
09-29-2014, 12:10 PM
meanwhile RC Buford is looking at Morey and Cuban going back and forth and says to himself "Cripple fight."

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 12:29 PM
Joke's on you Morey for trying to build a title team around Bible Statutory Rape Kemp and James "I pay $20k to fly Instagram prostitutes to Houston" Harden.

Players aren't the problem. Coaching matters and right now there are only a handful of good to great coaches actively coaching.

Thread
09-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Players aren't the problem. Coaching matters and right now there are only a handful of good to great coaches actively coaching.

Whatever you do to McHale you're gonna have to do to the next guy.

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 12:34 PM
Whatever you do to McHale you're gonna have to do to the next guy.

Anybody is better than Lurch.

Killakobe81
09-29-2014, 12:37 PM
meanwhile RC Buford is looking at Morey and Cuban going back and forth and says to himself "Cripple fight."

Lol. But at least yall have a coach. Gotta give Cubes credit he put Nelson and RC in charge and even though he talks a lot of crap and was probably the driving force behind "the powder" he has mostly empowered his people. But it is funny to watch two analytics guys shit on each other this is not only a criplle fight ...it's a crippled NERD fight!

Thread
09-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Anybody is better than Lurch.

You're wrong & wrong headed, but, Howard & Harden are fancy schmancy eye candy that you cannot resist.

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 12:47 PM
You're wrong & wrong headed, but, Howard & Harden are fancy schmancy eye candy that you cannot resist.

You thought D'Antoni was a fine coach so I'm not surprised. Can't admit when you are wrong.

Thread
09-29-2014, 12:56 PM
You thought D'Antoni was a fine coach so I'm not surprised. Can't admit when you are wrong.

Still do. He was undercut in Los Angeles by Gasol & Kobe.

Clipper Nation
09-29-2014, 01:04 PM
Still do. He was undercut in Los Angeles by Gasol & Kobe.
Nuh uh. D'Antoni undercut Gasol by not lodging the post game in his offense. Kirby was the one who undercut D'Antoni, demanding to play 48 minutes a night, knowing he could look like the hero & make fans blame D'Antoni for his "minute management."

& by responding to this with your "Asian" shtick, you admit that you have nary an argument to the contrary.

Mark in Austin
09-29-2014, 01:19 PM
There might be better coaches out there than McHale, but firing him won't change the fact that Dwight is an uncoachable twat.

Thread
09-29-2014, 01:26 PM
Nuh uh. D'Antoni undercut Gasol by not lodging the post game in his offense. Kirby was the one who undercut D'Antoni, demanding to play 48 minutes a night, knowing he could look like the hero & make fans blame D'Antoni for his "minute management."

& by responding to this with your "Asian" shtick, you admit that you have nary an argument to the contrary.

You fuckin' zipperhead, you.

Thread
09-29-2014, 01:26 PM
There might be better coaches out there than McHale, but firing him won't change the fact that Dwight is an uncoachable twat.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

spurraider21
09-29-2014, 01:27 PM
the shots fired at Cuban might have been accurate, but it looks bad when your GM gets caught up in crap like this :lol

Clipper Nation
09-29-2014, 01:58 PM
You fuckin' zipperhead, you.
Ipso facto: you admit Kirby is the lone coach-killer, and you have nary argument to the contrary.

Thread
09-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Ipso facto: you admit Kirby is the lone coach-killer, and you have nary argument to the contrary.

Ya fuckin' slope, you.

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 02:53 PM
the shots fired at Cuban might have been accurate, but it looks bad when your GM gets caught up in crap like this :lol

Now Cuban fired back like minutes ago. This is entertaining though. I thought they were pals. :lol

Thread
09-29-2014, 02:57 PM
Now Cuban fired back like minutes ago. This is entertaining though. I thought they were pals. :lol

"pals?" You want to see pals, motherfucker? Bend over. I'll show you fuckin' pals.

Killakobe81
09-29-2014, 02:58 PM

What did he say in retort?

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 03:04 PM

About how Morey doesnt understand the media but he is a smart guy. And that he wouldnt know about winning championships. Cuban got defensive though talking about letting Tyson Chandler walk.

unforeseen
09-29-2014, 04:36 PM

At Mavs media day Monday, Cuban took particular aim at Morey's "chemistry" comment, noting that the league's new collective bargaining agreement was the primary factor in his decision to break up the Mavs' title team. Cuban joked that he can't help being a bully and admitted he enjoys public exchanges with rivals, as he used to do with former Lakers coach Phil Jackson.

"The only reason I'm even responding is because I respect and like Daryl, who's smart," Cuban said. "He's got some Donald Trump in him where he doesn't really understand media all that well, but he's a smart guy and one of the smartest general managers in the league. So we can have some fun going back and forth."

Cuban, who has occasionally referenced the fact that the Rockets have won only one playoff series since 1997, laughed off Morey's claim that players would choose Houston over Dallas if they wanted to win.

"I'm not sure how he would know that," Cuban said. Cuban said Morey "kind of got it started" with the trade inquiry about Nowitzki in the summer of 2013 and again with his comments about developing players when Parsons signed with Dallas.

"If you throw the punches -- I just don't think he realized he threw them, so I had some fun responding," Cuban said. "There's no personal animosity whatsoever, but we're competitive. Like I said, he's smart and it's fun to pick on him."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11611212/houston-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-jabs-back-mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 04:40 PM
At Mavs media day Monday, Cuban took particular aim at Morey's "chemistry" comment, noting that the league's new collective bargaining agreement was the primary factor in his decision to break up the Mavs' title team. Cuban joked that he can't help being a bully and admitted he enjoys public exchanges with rivals, as he used to do with former Lakers coach Phil Jackson.

"The only reason I'm even responding is because I respect and like Daryl, who's smart," Cuban said. "He's got some Donald Trump in him where he doesn't really understand media all that well, but he's a smart guy and one of the smartest general managers in the league. So we can have some fun going back and forth."

Cuban, who has occasionally referenced the fact that the Rockets have won only one playoff series since 1997, laughed off Morey's claim that players would choose Houston over Dallas if they wanted to win.

"I'm not sure how he would know that," Cuban said. Cuban said Morey "kind of got it started" with the trade inquiry about Nowitzki in the summer of 2013 and again with his comments about developing players when Parsons signed with Dallas.

"If you throw the punches -- I just don't think he realized he threw them, so I had some fun responding," Cuban said. "There's no personal animosity whatsoever, but we're competitive. Like I said, he's smart and it's fun to pick on him."

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11611212/houston-rockets-gm-daryl-morey-jabs-back-mark-cuban-dallas-mavericks

Cuban got asshurt because they asked if Dirk was available and then offered him a contract.

unforeseen
09-29-2014, 04:41 PM
Cuban got asshurt because they asked if Dirk was available and then offered him a contract.

Didn't the Rockets offer the max for Dirk?

benefactor
09-29-2014, 04:58 PM
Successful troll is successful. He knew he'd suck Morey in eventually

Truth. They will never work in a system that requires ball movement, which is what the Rockets need. It's a homeless man's Kobe/Shaq combo with no triangle.

Koolaid_Man
09-29-2014, 05:08 PM

:lmao says the punk who's team got NO rings :lmao

SupremeGuy
09-29-2014, 05:46 PM
Successful troll is successful.In order to defeat the troll, you must become the troll.

djohn2oo8
09-29-2014, 06:06 PM
Didn't the Rockets offer the max for Dirk?

Yep. Then Cuban cried to the media about it.

Bulaien999
09-29-2014, 06:38 PM
If I was a mavericks fan, I still would be fuming over breaking up a championship team.

Its hilarious to me because Cuban took a gamble and it didn't pay off. Cuban the salty fuck tbqh.

Houston vs Dallas gonna be great, im going in november to see them

Malik Hairston
09-29-2014, 08:23 PM
:lol Morey with the shots fired, tbh..