PDA

View Full Version : Honeymoon Headache

Spur|n|Austin
09-29-2014, 10:04 AM
My fiance and I are getting married October 11th, and had a trip planned to hit Cabo the next morning for a week at a private resort. Well, Hurricane Odile had other plans, and royally F'd Cabo up pretty bad. Our resort is closed for at least 6 weeks, and after much BS, the airlines finally rewarded my points back to book another trip. After 3 nights of trying to get something else planned last minute, we got nowhere. We finally decided to do a "mini-moon" and save the big trip for a year or so down the road.

We have decided to try out San Miguel de Allende after hearing some pretty great things. I was definitely skeptical going into central Mexico, but after much reading up on safety and reviews, we're pretty excited - even more so than we were about Cabo.

Has anyone visited? Any tips or things to do that are off the beaten path? Here is the B&B we're staying at:

http://www.casaschuck.com/

RD2191
09-29-2014, 10:16 AM
RIP

Trill Clinton
09-29-2014, 10:30 AM
congrats on getting married, fam. have you thought about dominican republic?

Spur|n|Austin
09-29-2014, 10:39 AM
congrats on getting married, fam. have you thought about dominican republic?

Thanks brah - yeah we actually did consider DR a lot, it came down to DR and Key West as our final beach choices actually but couldn't get the flights we wanted. You been?

Trill Clinton
09-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Thanks brah - yeah we actually did consider DR a lot, it came down to DR and Key West as our final beach choices actually but couldn't get the flights we wanted. You been?

not yet but a few of my close friends went for their honeymoon and they loved it.

The Gemini Method
09-29-2014, 11:01 AM
Your buck goes pretty far in the DR--I went with a friend in college and it is a ton of fun. I'd probably stay at the resort if you're going to Central Mexico. Since this is a "mini moon" you'll have another chance at something grand. Unnecessary risk isn't worth it when you're just starting out. Well, at least limit it...

Spur|n|Austin
09-29-2014, 11:13 AM
Your buck goes pretty far in the DR--I went with a friend in college and it is a ton of fun. I'd probably stay at the resort if you're going to Central Mexico. Since this is a "mini moon" you'll have another chance at something grand. Unnecessary risk isn't worth it when you're just starting out. Well, at least limit it...

Yeah agreed - I was fortunate enough to have accumulated enough points on my company card, so the flight was completely covered into Mexico, and it wouldn't have been if we looked into further destinations. The resort/B&B is fairly priced and looks uber relaxing, so it may all just be perfect as far as what we're looking for.

The Gemini Method
09-29-2014, 11:31 AM
Yeah agreed - I was fortunate enough to have accumulated enough points on my company card, so the flight was completely covered into Mexico, and it wouldn't have been if we looked into further destinations. The resort/B&B is fairly priced and looks uber relaxing, so it may all just be perfect as far as what we're looking for.

Nice! Wish the best for you and your wife on life's endeavors. One piece of simple advice that I'd give is love her like you first did and never, ever, go to bed angry.

Spur|n|Austin
09-29-2014, 11:35 AM
Nice! Wish the best for you and your wife on life's endeavors. One piece of simple advice that I'd give is love her like you first did and never, ever, go to bed angry.

Thanks, dude! We've been together for about 5 years, and it's still getting better! That's our #1 rule if we argue - sometimes it's harder to maintain than it was a couple years back, but it's a good rule.

The Gemini Method
09-29-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks, dude! We've been together for about 5 years, and it's still getting better! That's our #1 rule if we argue - sometimes it's harder to maintain than it was a couple years back, but it's a good rule.

It's always a good rule even on the ephemeral level. You get mad and you argue with the one you love and the one who knows all your flaws and you stew. You lay there at night angry and you lose sleep and you're cranky and it becomes exacerbated. 5 years is a good deal so you know how she ticks to a point and thought you two have been in love for a while, surprise her. It doesn't have to be from Tiffany's but maybe she has a favorite band and they're coming to town. Get a few tickets. If she likes a certain coffee or anything small like that--indulge her from time to time and not only on Valentine's Day. Of course you're not going to be perfect and neither is she. But as always, the best of luck and health to you two.

cantthinkofanything
09-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Get her a book about something she enjoys.

cantthinkofanything
09-29-2014, 11:48 AM
then fuck her in the pooper

The Gemini Method
09-29-2014, 11:55 AM
then fuck her in the pooper

w/lube or raw doggin' it?

cantthinkofanything
09-29-2014, 12:00 PM
w/lube or raw doggin' it?

it depends on the anger level when you go to bed

The Gemini Method
09-29-2014, 12:03 PM
it depends on the anger level when you go to bed

Sounds reasonable.

Blake
09-29-2014, 02:05 PM
RIP

:lol

Yeah, I don't care how safe people say the resorts in Mexico are. Pass.

But SnA, 'grats on getting married.

RD2191
09-29-2014, 03:20 PM
:lol

Yeah, I don't care how safe people say the resorts in Mexico are. Pass.

But SnA, 'grats on getting married.
The thing is people think it's safe because the news seems relatively quiet. What they don't know is that most journalist are told if they report anything they will end up dead. I'm SNA will be okay though. :lol

silverblk mystix
09-29-2014, 03:24 PM
RIP

This ^

and also -

what are your feelings on being tortured/raped/mutilated by thugs?

well...at least the honeymoon will be memorable!

:rollin:rollin

DPG21920
09-29-2014, 05:57 PM
My fiance and I are getting married October 11th, and had a trip planned to hit Cabo the next morning for a week at a private resort. Well, Hurricane Odile had other plans, and royally F'd Cabo up pretty bad. Our resort is closed for at least 6 weeks, and after much BS, the airlines finally rewarded my points back to book another trip. After 3 nights of trying to get something else planned last minute, we got nowhere. We finally decided to do a "mini-moon" and save the big trip for a year or so down the road.

We have decided to try out San Miguel de Allende after hearing some pretty great things. I was definitely skeptical going into central Mexico, but after much reading up on safety and reviews, we're pretty excited - even more so than we were about Cabo.

Has anyone visited? Any tips or things to do that are off the beaten path? Here is the B&B we're staying at:

http://www.casaschuck.com/

San Miguel is gorgeous. Just went there and had a great time. Beautiful cobblestone streets, great food and felt safe (even walking around at night). It's a great place for a couple, but if you are looking to be around water, that is not the place.

We stayed at Palomar.

DPG21920
09-29-2014, 05:59 PM
I've gone to Mexico about twice a year for the past 3 years and have been fine. Been to Playa del Carmen, San Miguel & other places. Never an issue.

Franklin
09-29-2014, 08:32 PM
You're gonna get many more headaches after getting married, tbh.

Spur|n|Austin
09-29-2014, 09:08 PM
San Miguel is gorgeous. Just went there and had a great time. Beautiful cobblestone streets, great food and felt safe (even walking around at night). It's a great place for a couple, but if you are looking to be around water, that is not the place.

We stayed at Palomar.

All the pictures I've seen remind me of a town in old Spain/Portugal. We're very excited it's not around water, actually. Especially with all the movement of storms in the Caribbean lately. Thanks for the insight :tu - any specific restaraunts you remember? We really want to try out Luna Rooftop Tapa Bar

- http://www.rosewoodhotels.com/en/san-miguel-de-allende/dining/luna-rooftop-tapas-bar

tlongII
09-29-2014, 09:51 PM
I'm going to Cabo in February. Should be fine by then.

Spur|n|Austin
09-29-2014, 11:41 PM
This ^

and also -

what are your feelings on being tortured/raped/mutilated by thugs?

well...at least the honeymoon will be memorable!

:rollin:rollin

Ha you truly bring nothing to this board - I'm surprised you even have your 2 friends here. Is it 2 or 3 now? I know one was faking his death.

RIP

yeah, there are def sketch parts of Mexico, but I've always got around Mexico and South America with no problems. Being fluent in Spanish and not an idiot helps. SMA is 10% expat pop, mostly retired Americans and some Canadians, so it's probably the safest city in Mexico. There's crime everywhere, just be smart and you'll be fine.

silverblk mystix
09-30-2014, 05:02 AM
Ha you truly bring nothing to this board - I'm surprised you even have your 2 friends here. Is it 2 or 3 now? I know one was faking his death.

yeah, there are def sketch parts of Mexico, but I've always got around Mexico and South America with no problems. Being fluent in Spanish and not an idiot helps. SMA is 10% expat pop, mostly retired Americans and some Canadians, so it's probably the safest city in Mexico. There's crime everywhere, just be smart and you'll be fine.

Relax.

It was a joke.

Hope your honeymoon is awesome!

and safe

sensitive sensitive sensitive

The Reckoning
09-30-2014, 05:21 AM
take her to boys town

DPG21920
09-30-2014, 08:31 AM
Saying that you can't got to Mexico because it's too dangerous is like saying you can't go to Chicago because there are parts of the city that are bad.