PDA

View Full Version : restaurant diplomacy

Blake
09-29-2014, 02:19 PM
So was out at Cheddars, got a baked potato that was cold enough where the butter wasn't melting. I asked for a fresh one.

Rest of the table thought I was nuts for sending it back because of the spit factor.

Seriously, am i the only one in America that sends food back?

pubic hair
09-29-2014, 02:27 PM
So was out at Cheddars, got a baked potato that was cold enough where the butter wasn't melting. I asked for a fresh one.

Rest of the table thought I was nuts for sending it back because of the spit factor.

Yes, don't fuck with cops and people who make your food. Talk to someone the other day about one of the main cooks at land n cattle or some shit like that spit in someones food for being a dick.

Chinook
09-29-2014, 02:28 PM
I usually order simple things, so they pretty much never come out wrong. However, I'm pretty much anti-condiment, so if I ask for a plain burger and get one slathered in ketchup and mayonnaise, then yes, I send it back.

boutons_deux
09-29-2014, 02:29 PM

I'd guess most Americans have been intimidated, by "spit reports", etc, into eating cold potato rather than asking for hot potato. And who's to say the cold potato was spit, piss, shit, e-coli free?

Infinite_limit
09-29-2014, 02:32 PM
Adding topping or heating it back up - Sure
Getting a fresh one - No

mingus
09-29-2014, 02:47 PM
I do it all the time. Politely of course. You deserve to ask for what you pay for.

Infinite_limit
09-29-2014, 02:59 PM
If I asked for no Onions or something and it came with onions, I wouldn't ask for a new plate. That is begging for spit. I'd eat it and then make a comment.

I have a few friends who would always order these extravagant changes to classic plates and it irked me.

Unless you are paying $15+, you should eat as is.