PDA

View Full Version : Splitter injury thread

smaka
09-29-2014, 04:31 PM
From FB:

Injury report: Tiago Splitter has suffered a strained right soleus. A timeline for his return to the court has not been determined. He will be re-evaluated in 7-to-10 days

littlecoyotecoin
09-29-2014, 04:33 PM
We got bigs for miles. But, this doesn't help Sparkles' injury rep.

Brazil
09-29-2014, 04:37 PM
wow I just had one two weeks ago tbh

I'm still recovering... one fucking month

Brazil
09-29-2014, 04:39 PM
RICE treatment

Rest Ice Compression Elevation :lol

smaka
09-29-2014, 04:41 PM
:lol sprained vahina

timtonymanu
09-29-2014, 05:07 PM
Means only more Jeff Errors :pctoss

It wouldn't be a Spurs season without some injuries. As long as everyone is ready by April.

Chinook
09-29-2014, 05:20 PM
Eh. Not an issue at all. It's training camp. If anything, this will give Ayres, Baynes and Daye time at power-forward next to Tim, which is a good thing to try out. Hell, maybe Anderson gets minutes there, since the starting unit is short on play-making with Tony out and no Boris yet.

Spurs Brazil
09-29-2014, 06:40 PM
Tiago never survive training camp, unbelievable

illusioNtEk
09-29-2014, 06:43 PM
CIA POP

Baam
09-29-2014, 06:49 PM
:lol not setting a time line for is return is a smart PR move as he always takes longer than expected to come back tbh...

spurraider21
09-29-2014, 06:50 PM
big banger about to prove himself :ihit

Dex
09-29-2014, 06:58 PM
Eh. Not an issue at all. It's training camp. If anything, this will give Ayres, Baynes and Daye time at power-forward next to Tim, which is a good thing to try out. Hell, maybe Anderson gets minutes there, since the starting unit is short on play-making with Tony out and no Boris yet.

big banger about to prove himself :ihit

Bingo. Perfect opportunity for Baynes to get a run at some early minutes and build upon his success of last year, tbh.

SupremeGuy
09-29-2014, 07:00 PM
So glad we were able to get Baynes back now... :flag:

TheGreatYacht
09-29-2014, 08:58 PM
More PT for JaMychal Green :tu

jeebus
09-29-2014, 09:05 PM
:lol just think, if the Spurs didn't resign Banes, it'd be Duncan/Diaw starting, with a guy who sucked in the summer league, someone who got a pity contract for one year, and Anorexic Kevin Durant off the bench. :lmao

Prose
09-29-2014, 11:23 PM
dammit FIBA fatigue!?

mudyez
09-29-2014, 11:30 PM
RICE treatment

Rest Ice Compression Elevation :lol

In Germany its "P(ause)E(is)C(ompression)H(och-lagern)" ;)

Chinook
09-29-2014, 11:32 PM
In Germany its "P(ause)E(is)C(ompression)H(och-lagern)" ;)

Is "Pech" a word in German?

mudyez
09-29-2014, 11:34 PM
Is "Pech" a word in German?

Yeah, its "bad luck".

mudyez
09-29-2014, 11:37 PM
...which is funny, as someone saying "Pech!" after an injury happened can be somewhat weird.

Dex
09-29-2014, 11:39 PM
Doesn't it also mean "pitch", as in pitch dark or dark as tar?

mudyez
09-29-2014, 11:41 PM
Doesn't it also mean "pitch", as in pitch dark or dark as tar?

yeah, but the "bad luck" think is way funnier!

Fireball
09-30-2014, 02:25 AM
Sad ... I would have loved to see Tiago play in Berlin ...

Obstructed_View
09-30-2014, 02:29 AM
Probably should have taken a page from Boris and showed up late.

Ditty
09-30-2014, 02:57 AM
tank the season!

mudyez
09-30-2014, 03:27 AM
Sad ... I would have loved to see Tiago play in Berlin ...

me too

mkurts
09-30-2014, 04:11 AM
Jim Boylen : Now's a perfect opportunity to show your elite skills Jeff

Ayres : I go to hell for you my master !

Calispursfan11
09-30-2014, 07:24 AM
Bring on Pendergaph-Ayres!

spursparker9
09-30-2014, 08:05 AM
Is it too late to tank for Wiggins?

Uriel
09-30-2014, 06:36 PM
Probably should have taken a page from Boris and showed up late.
Nice avatar and caption combo. :lol

Dex
09-30-2014, 06:40 PM

:tu

DrunkTXLabrat
09-30-2014, 06:55 PM
More PT for JaMychal Green :tu

x2, and x2 of anybody saying the same about Baynes. Hell this could also be the the catalyst to expose Ayers as waiver fodder. The Spurs are the kings of blessing in disguise injury.

Shastafarian
09-30-2014, 07:33 PM

+1

superbigtime
09-30-2014, 07:57 PM
Heal up, rest up. Shouldn't be a big deal.

J_Paco
09-30-2014, 08:08 PM
:lol just think, if the Spurs didn't resign Banes, it'd be Duncan/Diaw starting, with a guy who sucked in the d league, someone who got a pity contract for one year, and Anorexic Kevin Durant off the bench. :lmao

Neither one of those describe Ayres, so who are you referring to?

I'm assuming it'll be Duncan/Diaw to start and Ayres/Baynes off the bench until Splitter returns.

unforeseen
09-30-2014, 08:58 PM
Maybe he slipped while getting out of the shower like Rondo. :lol

Chinook
09-30-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm just glad he didn't trip over his dog. Woulda missed half the season at least.

anakha
10-01-2014, 03:53 AM
I'm assuming it'll be Duncan/Diaw to start and Bonner/Baynes off the bench until Splitter returns.

Ahem.

:lol

wildchild
10-01-2014, 08:26 AM
A PtR guy said "He -Tim Duncan- noticeably drags his bad knee while walking" and now Tiago injury...a lot of Ayres in preseason games :(

Obstructed_View
10-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Maybe he slipped while getting out of the shower like Rondo. :lol

Didn't someone supposedly injure their leg walking into the side of their bed? I thought it was maybe Willie Anderson, but it might not have been a Spur. Couldn't find it via Google. Maybe someone else remembers that story. That one was pretty lame.

Snaq O'Meal
10-01-2014, 10:09 PM
Didn't someone supposedly injure their leg walking into the side of their bed? I thought it was maybe Willie Anderson, but it might not have been a Spur. Couldn't find it via Google. Maybe someone else remembers that story. That one was pretty lame.

If anyone can injure his leg walking in his bedroom, it'll most likely be Greg Oden.

exstatic
10-01-2014, 10:12 PM
A PtR guy said "He -Tim Duncan- noticeably drags his bad knee while walking" and now Tiago injury...a lot of Ayres in preseason games :(

That "dragging" thing has been going on since the new brace a few years ago. It doesn't allow him to completely straighten the knee, so it looks like he has a limp or is dragging.

wildchild
10-02-2014, 07:50 AM
That "dragging" thing has been going on since the new brace a few years ago. It doesn't allow him to completely straighten the knee, so it looks like he has a limp or is dragging.
Thanks! I didn't know

objective
10-02-2014, 07:53 AM

My vague memory was that it was Willie Anderson and a coffee table. I think the story was that while recovering from one broken leg he bumped into the coffee table and broke the other one.

EVAY
10-02-2014, 09:04 AM
Is this the same injury that Brent Barry had in his last season as a Spur? They rested him for a while, put a sleeve on it, and he ended up hurting it again like three times. Was never the same. All of which is to say that I hope they give him as much time as he needs, and then maybe three or four more weeks to make sure it has healed totally before he returns.

Tiago might not be great but he is certainly important to this team, so I hope he gets back healthy, regardless of when that is.

cjw
10-02-2014, 09:34 AM
Tiago might not be great

Tell that to Dirk and Aldridge. While not a rim enforcer, he's a top decile defender against bigs like that. Offensively, he definitely benefits from the system and has limitations (range) but that's typically the rule rather than the exception for guys at his position in the league.

Brazil
10-02-2014, 11:59 AM
Is this the same injury that Brent Barry had in his last season as a Spur? They rested him for a while, put a sleeve on it, and he ended up hurting it again like three times. Was never the same. All of which is to say that I hope they give him as much time as he needs, and then maybe three or four more weeks to make sure it has healed totally before he returns.

Tiago might not be great but he is certainly important to this team, so I hope he gets back healthy, regardless of when that is.

for a calf strain ?

I mean that's a minor stuff... yes cicratization of the muscle will make it less flexible but at his age and with the medical follow up he is receiving I don't see any risk of being something that will bother him.

I'm surprised also by the re-injury risk, should not be an issue if cicratization process is 100% finished before returning doing sports... maybe Barry speed up process and/or age is a factor

Obstructed_View
10-02-2014, 01:43 PM
My vague memory was that it was Willie Anderson and a coffee table. I think the story was that while recovering from one broken leg he bumped into the coffee table and broke the other one.
Yeah he did hurt both legs, there was some mention of furniture, and maybe there was a story that he was vacuuming. I actually saw him at Baby Dolls on Wurzbach on crutches right around that time. :lol

EVAY
10-02-2014, 02:08 PM
for a calf strain ?

I mean that's a minor stuff... yes cicratization of the muscle will make it less flexible but at his age and with the medical follow up he is receiving I don't see any risk of being something that will bother him.

I'm surprised also by the re-injury risk, should not be an issue if cicratization process is 100% finished before returning doing sports... maybe Barry speed up process and/or age is a factor

Maybe it was age with Barry, or maybe it wasn't a calf strain. As my question implied, I'm not sure what the injury was to Barry, but I know that it was the back of his calf somehow. In any case, I hope you are right. Man, I don't even know what cicratization (sp?) is. I like Splitter and I think we need him.

EVAY
10-02-2014, 02:11 PM
Tell that to Dirk and Aldridge. While not a rim enforcer, he's a top decile defender against bigs like that. Offensively, he definitely benefits from the system and has limitations (range) but that's typically the rule rather than the exception for guys at his position in the league.

Didn't mean to imply that Tiago wasn't valuable. That's why I said "we need him". I guess when he is playing next to Duncan in the same role that Robinson filled not so long ago, our (my) expectations get skewed. I argued for more playing time for Splitter in his first two years, and was thrilled that he got so much time last year. I am aware that Tiago was an MVP in one of the Euro leagues.

cjw
10-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Didn't mean to imply that Tiago wasn't valuable. That's why I said "we need him". I guess when he is playing next to Duncan in the same role that Robinson filled not so long ago, our (my) expectations get skewed. I argued for more playing time for Splitter in his first two years, and was thrilled that he got so much time last year. I am aware that Tiago was an MVP in one of the Euro leagues.

Sorry, I mistook you for one of those guys who wants Ian Manhimi or Eddy Curry back over Tiago for a second. Should have known better!

Brazil
10-02-2014, 04:50 PM
Maybe it was age with Barry, or maybe it wasn't a calf strain. As my question implied, I'm not sure what the injury was to Barry, but I know that it was the back of his calf somehow. In any case, I hope you are right. Man, I don't even know what cicratization (sp?) is. I like Splitter and I think we need him.

sorry I did not realize this word does not exist in English... usually everything with ion is same word or almost in English / French :lol

it's the equivalent of healing, healing over apparently when talking about wounds. For me healing was a general term for recovering so not the technical term I was looking for

EVAY
10-02-2014, 05:46 PM
sorry I did not realize this word does not exist in English... usually everything with ion is same word or almost in English / French :lol

it's the equivalent of healing, healing over apparently when talking about wounds. For me healing was a general term for recovering so not the technical term I was looking for

Thanks. I appreciate you saying this. It made me feel a little less stupid, although I should have known it. I took lots of French and my grandparents spoke it. Not familiar with that word, though.

littlecoyotecoin
10-02-2014, 06:46 PM

It's spelled the same in English, with maybe a slightly more common and maybe slightly different translation: scarification.

EVAY
10-02-2014, 06:55 PM
It's spelled the same in English, with maybe a slightly more common and maybe slightly different translation: scarification.

Aaaahhhhhh! Thank you kind sir.

littlecoyotecoin
10-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Someone used decile today, too. ST goin' highbrow.

Brazil
10-02-2014, 11:14 PM

Nice thanks :tu