PDA

View Full Version : Texas v. Baylor: The Rapening

Kermit
09-29-2014, 07:13 PM
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

And a special thanks to our wide receiver who just had to open his fucking mouth.

I predict Baylor 50, Texas 14.

pgardn
09-29-2014, 07:20 PM
This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

And a special thanks to our wide receiver who just had to open his fucking mouth.

I predict Baylor 50, Texas 14.

Who said what?
Like they need much incentive to maul us...

DesignatedT
09-29-2014, 08:12 PM
Who said what?
Like they need much incentive to maul us...

Kermit
09-29-2014, 08:30 PM

Someone should remind John of our record against Baylor the last four years. They're our daddeh.

pgardn
09-29-2014, 08:38 PM
Wonderful...

I guess he has not felt what is was like being Texas during the BYU game.

DMX7
09-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Our defense can compete in this game. The problem is that we will be screwed if our offense can't put it together and score some points.

The Reckoning
09-30-2014, 07:00 AM
depends how serious bryce petty's injury is. i still can't believe that dude is playing after fracturing those bones in his back...

rjv
09-30-2014, 11:20 AM
baptist on the brazos 38

sips 14

DMX7
09-30-2014, 08:46 PM
baptist on the brazos 38

sips 14

sips? lol, you've gone full blown Aggie. Time to break out your jizz jar.

Sisk
09-30-2014, 10:08 PM
sips? lol, you've gone full blown Aggie. Time to break out your jizz jar.

Don't you use Aggy?...

Robz4000
10-01-2014, 02:59 AM
:lol that time of the year already? Man, Texas is getting it raw over the next few weeks...

rjv
10-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Don't you use Aggy?...

DM's becoming politically correct all of a sudden.

Obstructed_View
10-01-2014, 02:19 PM

The entitled attitude is precisely why UT can't beat teams with inferior talent, of which Baylor is one. Guys thinking they've done something just because they're a member of a team that used to be great.

Obstructed_View
10-01-2014, 02:24 PM
depends how serious bryce petty's injury is. i still can't believe that dude is playing after fracturing those bones in his back...

I can't really believe it either, but when he hurdled the defender on that touchdown run against the Cyclones, I figured he was probably as healthy as he's going to get.

Blake
10-01-2014, 02:38 PM

http://media.247sports.com/Uploads/Assets/463/52/7_1052463.png

Retard strength

Kermit
10-01-2014, 06:36 PM
The entitled attitude is precisely why UT can't beat teams with inferior talent, of which Baylor is one. Guys thinking they've done something just because they're a member of a team that used to be great.

You do realize that Texas's talent level is significantly less than Baylor's?

Kermit
10-01-2014, 06:37 PM
Don't you use Aggy?...

That's your fucking name, isn't it? Goddamn Aggy.

FkLA
10-01-2014, 06:49 PM

Retard strength

:lol

Sisk
10-01-2014, 07:24 PM
That's your fucking name, isn't it? Goddamn Aggy.

You've gotten a bit chippy over the last few weeks.

pgardn
10-01-2014, 08:27 PM

Baylor has inferior talent?
Now?

Surely you jest...

Kermit
10-01-2014, 09:02 PM
You've gotten a bit chippy over the last few weeks.

Yeah. I oscillate back in forth between raging asshole and pathetic asshole. I'm trying to find a medium, but I fear the next few weeks will destroy my psyche and I'll wander the hill country as a drunken fool. Basically no different than the life I lead right now.

Sisk
10-01-2014, 10:32 PM
Yeah. I oscillate back in forth between raging asshole and pathetic asshole. I'm trying to find a medium, but I fear the next few weeks will destroy my psyche and I'll wander the hill country as a drunken fool. Basically no different than the life I lead right now.

Keeps things interesting.

Halberto
10-01-2014, 11:28 PM
I'm just glad ACL will take my mind off things. Good god, please Charlie Strong.... I can't take this much longer.

DeadlyDynasty
10-02-2014, 01:51 AM
The entitled attitude is precisely why UT can't beat teams with inferior talent, of which Baylor is one.
Yes, something intangible is exactly why Texas is losing.

Fucking retard

The Reckoning
10-02-2014, 12:47 PM
UT is losing because their offensive line is one of the worst in the FBS. i think chawlie will fix that.

Obstructed_View
10-02-2014, 01:40 PM
You do realize that Texas's talent level is significantly less than Baylor's?

Baylor has inferior talent?
Now?

Surely you jest...

These are the rankings from Rivals.com. Did UT have blue-chip athletes that failed out of class or got thrown in jail? Unless I'm reading this wrong (which is always possible) I'm having a hard time seeing recruiting, and therefore, talent, as the big stumbling block for the university. You guys follow the team. Do you really think they aren't underachieving?

UT #3
Baylor #39

UT #3
Baylor #46

UT #2
Baylor #45

UT #24
Baylor #31

UT #20
Baylor #35

I never said Baylor had no talent, but as loaded as they are lately, they are not even closing the gap in the last two years on Texas.

I think previous UT teams that were really good got there because they had talent AND they worked their asses off to be the best team they could be. I think the current team thinks they are something better than they are because of those earlier teams. I like Charlie Strong, and I think he will probably be the guy to turn all that around, and it might not take long for the light to come on with those guys. Texas will surprise someone before the season's out. It could certainly be Baylor if they think they can just show up and win, especially if they make the mistake of thinking they're more talented than Texas.

pgardn
10-02-2014, 03:08 PM
These are the rankings from Rivals.com. Did UT have blue-chip athletes that failed out of class or got thrown in jail? Unless I'm reading this wrong (which is always possible) I'm having a hard time seeing recruiting, and therefore, talent, as the big stumbling block for the university. You guys follow the team. Do you really think they aren't underachieving?

UT #3
Baylor #39

UT #3
Baylor #46

UT #2
Baylor #45

UT #24
Baylor #31

UT #20
Baylor #35

I never said Baylor had no talent, but as loaded as they are lately, they are not even closing the gap in the last two years on Texas.

I think previous UT teams that were really good got there because they had talent AND they worked their asses off to be the best team they could be. I think the current team thinks they are something better than they are because of those earlier teams. I like Charlie Strong, and I think he will probably be the guy to turn all that around, and it might not take long for the light to come on with those guys. Texas will surprise someone before the season's out. It could certainly be Baylor if they think they can just show up and win, especially if they make the mistake of thinking they're more talented than Texas.

To to hell with the rankings. I am looking at the kids that are playing on the field right now.

Go man for man down both rosters of starters.
You win. It's pretty damn obvious.

And the most impactful position on the field you win by a mile.
Tell us how Texas is supposed to win with a HS offense and a defense that has already been scrambled by BYU. It's gonna have to be Baylor making lots of mistakes. Penalties and turnovers on offense. Just how in the hell does a HS offense move the ball against you? How?

Obstructed_View
10-02-2014, 03:57 PM
To to hell with the rankings. I am looking at the kids that are playing on the field right now.

Go man for man down both rosters of starters.
You win. It's pretty damn obvious.

And the most impactful position on the field you win by a mile.
Tell us how Texas is supposed to win with a HS offense and a defense that has already been scrambled by BYU. It's gonna have to be Baylor making lots of mistakes. Penalties and turnovers on offense. Just how in the hell does a HS offense move the ball against you? How?

I didn't say I thought UT was going to win, but you can't just say the Longhorns don't have any talent and then scoff at the facts about their recruiting. I'm not in any way saying Baylor is bereft of talent, because they're as good as they've ever been, ridiculously deep at certain positions, and don't seem to have a real weakness (other than their kicker). I assume you're referring to quarterback as the most impactful position, and experience and system are probably the major factors there. I'm not convinced that any of the QBs Baylor has had; while smart, athletic, and effective; are anything more than system quarterbacks. You could make a case that Briles had more QB talent at Houston (Keenum and Kolb).

Back when Chuck Reedy was the coach at Baylor, they were getting really good recruits because they'd sign guys that other schools wouldn't take a chance on, usually for academic or injury reasons, and ended up with an artificially high ranking. Reedy's recruiting was slightly better than his coaching, so he needed all the help he could get.

Could it be that UT has been recruiting the wrong guys with no concept of need or team identity, or overlooking character issues in order to land someone that's rated high? I'd give you that if you thought it was a factor. But I can't help but think it's ignorant to point to talent as a major factor when they've been pulling in better recruiting classes than Florida State, let alone little Baylor.

How their offense and defense execute are coaching and team-play issues. We've seen talented teams melt down before because of a lack of cohesion or cancerous players in the locker room.

We may disagree about the exact reasons why UT isn't better than they are, but you have to admit that they've been underachieving to some degree for a couple of years now.

Obstructed_View
10-02-2014, 04:00 PM
By the way, you guys need to remember that Baylor stunk when I chose them as "my team", and I root for them because my wife is an alum. :lol

Kermit
10-02-2014, 08:16 PM
Could it be that UT has been recruiting the wrong guys with no concept of need or team identity, or overlooking character issues in order to land someone that's rated high?

You think? Also, they've had an absence of coaching, ignored the tight end position, failed to field an offensive line, omg the quarterback situation, and fuck Mack Brown. Meanwhile Art Briles is quietly spinning yarn into gold. Amazing what quality coaching will do for hungry, pissed off young men.

TFloss32
10-02-2014, 08:44 PM

Retard strength

My goodness.

Kid just needs some 1980s orthodontic head gear and he's set.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2014, 01:32 AM
You think? Also, they've had an absence of coaching, ignored the tight end position, failed to field an offensive line, omg the quarterback situation, and fuck Mack Brown. Meanwhile Art Briles is quietly spinning yarn into gold. Amazing what quality coaching will do for hungry, pissed off young men.

Also having a strong team identity and being able to tweak it to fit your personnel, which Briles has done since he coached high school. I have no great love for UT, but I do like Charlie. Hoping he's the real deal and turns the team around.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2014, 01:33 AM
My goodness.

Kid just needs some 1980s orthodontic head gear and he's set.

Ehrmagherd! :lol

pgardn
10-03-2014, 07:29 AM
I didn't say I thought UT was going to win, but you can't just say the Longhorns don't have any talent and then scoff at the facts about their recruiting. I'm not in any way saying Baylor is bereft of talent, because they're as good as they've ever been, ridiculously deep at certain positions, and don't seem to have a real weakness (other than their kicker). I assume you're referring to quarterback as the most impactful position, and experience and system are probably the major factors there. I'm not convinced that any of the QBs Baylor has had; while smart, athletic, and effective; are anything more than system quarterbacks. You could make a case that Briles had more QB talent at Houston (Keenum and Kolb).

Back when Chuck Reedy was the coach at Baylor, they were getting really good recruits because they'd sign guys that other schools wouldn't take a chance on, usually for academic or injury reasons, and ended up with an artificially high ranking. Reedy's recruiting was slightly better than his coaching, so he needed all the help he could get.

Could it be that UT has been recruiting the wrong guys with no concept of need or team identity, or overlooking character issues in order to land someone that's rated high? I'd give you that if you thought it was a factor. But I can't help but think it's ignorant to point to talent as a major factor when they've been pulling in better recruiting classes than Florida State, let alone little Baylor.

How their offense and defense execute are coaching and team-play issues. We've seen talented teams melt down before because of a lack of cohesion or cancerous players in the locker room.

We may disagree about the exact reasons why UT isn't better than they are, but you have to admit that they've been underachieving to some degree for a couple of years now.

Where did I say UT does not have any talent?

The Bears have more on the field.

I never said they were not underachieving the past few years. Why do you think Mack lost his job...
Again, I don't give a flying flip how recruiting classes are rated. The horses are out of the barn and have run on the track. If you can't see Baylor has more talent on the field you are living with the Baylor reputation and the UT reputation of the past. Which is your argument basically.

UT has a very large following for whatever reasons. But ANY real UT fan knows we have been severely humbled in the past. We have had to live with some humiliating beat downs. Part of being a fan is staying one when your team stinks.

I guess this board is loaded with entitled Spurs fans who have no clue what the team was like when Willie Anderson was our best player.

rjv
10-03-2014, 09:14 AM
if anyone would have told me, back in 2005, that the longhorns would be underdogs (by the largest margin in school history) for a home game and then told me the game was against baylor, i would have thought they were on crack.

pgardn
10-03-2014, 11:48 AM
if anyone would have told me, back in 2005, that the longhorns would be underdogs (by the largest margin in school history) for a home game and then told me the game was against baylor, i would have thought they were on crack.

Iowa 55. Texas 17 bowl game, take a read. A mere 7 years after getting beat for a National Title in the Cotton Bowl with Earl. Bad History tends to get overlooked.

rjv
10-03-2014, 12:12 PM
Iowa 55. Texas 17 bowl game, take a read. A mere 7 years after getting beat for a National Title in the Cotton Bowl with Earl. Bad History tends to get overlooked.

but this is history. the biggest point spread against texas at home ever. and against baylor. not a bowl game in a neutral site. not against a consistently good big X team. this is against a team that was fortunate enough to have anne richards pull strings to get them into the big XII. the point is, times have changed. texas will definitely get better again but their days of dominance in the state of texas are over.

pgardn
10-03-2014, 12:24 PM
but this is history. the biggest point spread against texas at home ever. and against baylor. not a bowl game in a neutral site. not against a consistently good big X team. this is against a team that was fortunate enough to have anne richards pull strings to get them into the big XII. the point is, times have changed. texas will definitely get better again but their days of dominance in the state of texas are over.

The dominance could easily return. Totally disagree they never return.
Never overlook this huge advantage:

Austin

Lubbock
College Station
Waco

rjv
10-03-2014, 12:52 PM
The dominance could easily return. Totally disagree they never return.
Never overlook this huge advantage:

Austin

Lubbock
College Station
Waco

although some kids may base their destination on what city the get to reside in, i think that is less and less a factor than it may have been before. to assume that the reason UT had such success in recruiting was because it is based in austin is putting the cart before the horse. it was the name brand that got kids excited and being in austin didn't hurt. but kids can party and get laid in any college town for that matter. there is so much more to sell them now than just the city.

Obstructed_View
10-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Where did I say UT does not have any talent?
Sorry, I guess when you started an argument when I pointed out UT's talent, said that they had a high school offense and scoffed at the high rankings of UT's recruiting classes, not to mention saying that Baylor had better players at every position that you were saying something about their talent. David Ash and Tyrone Swoops were ranked higher than any Baylor QB since Robert Griffin. Baylor has NEVER had a recruiting class ranked higher than UT's. Baylor doesn't compete for the players UT gets, they compete for the players UT doesn't want. It's beyond retarded just to suggest that UT doesn't have as much talent as any school in the country from year to year.

The Bears have more on the field.
They have better coaches, a better system, better support from the school, and they've been recruiting guys who fit that system and who work hard toward a common goal.

I never said they were not underachieving the past few years.
Then you should probably stop arguing about their talent. When an underachieving team wins 8 games, that means they have high-level talent. UT had a lot of turmoil, started the season poorly and still won 8 games, played Baylor (having their best year EVER) in the final game for the conference championship and went to a bowl and ended the season nationally ranked.

Why do you think Mack lost his job...
Because the entitled fans and the boosters, who run the program, got it in their head that they could get Nick Saban or poach Briles from Baylor. They'd already forced Dodds out so that they wouldn't have anyone to stick up for Mack. They needed a scapegoat for the fact that they weren't winning national championships.

Again, I don't give a flying flip how recruiting classes are rated. The horses are out of the barn and have run on the track. If you can't see Baylor has more talent on the field you are living with the Baylor reputation and the UT reputation of the past. Which is your argument basically.
Actually, my argument is that UT is living on their reputation and Baylor isn't. Baylor is getting everything they can out of their talent and UT isn't, but the teams aren't really that far apart, and UT's massive talent advantage is the great equalizer. Baylor has better coaches, a better system, and doesn't have legions of entitled fans second-guessing everything that goes wrong or screeching for a new coach after the humiliation of back-to back 8-win seasons. They certainly don't have anyone saying that the recruiting class rankings must be wrong after a bad loss and wishing for even more four and five star recruits. I'm starting to understand why the Aggie fans are so glad to be in the SEC.

UT has a very large following for whatever reasons. But ANY real UT fan knows we have been severely humbled in the past. We have had to live with some humiliating beat downs. Part of being a fan is staying one when your team stinks.

I guess this board is loaded with entitled Spurs fans who have no clue what the team was like when Willie Anderson was our best player.
One losing season in the last 16 years, going to a bowl game every year. Oh, the severity of the humblings! How you hang on, I'll just never know. I can hardly imagine what it's like living with humiliating beat downs like that. I'm just an entitled Baylor fan. Baylor's loss to UNLV isn't nearly as embarrassing as UT losing 40-21 at BYU. The university should have had grief counselors at the stadium standing by.

I saw the Spurs beat teams with more talent a lot of times because they knew how to play like a team. One would think a fellow Spurs fan would see the value in that and how it translates to other sports.

rjv
10-03-2014, 05:07 PM
who's willie anderson?

pgardn
10-03-2014, 07:21 PM
Sorry, I guess when you started an argument when I pointed out UT's talent, said that they had a high school offense and scoffed at the high rankings of UT's recruiting classes, not to mention saying that Baylor had better players at every position that you were saying something about their talent. David Ash and Tyrone Swoops were ranked higher than any Baylor QB since Robert Griffin. Baylor has NEVER had a recruiting class ranked higher than UT's. Baylor doesn't compete for the players UT gets, they compete for the players UT doesn't want. It's beyond retarded just to suggest that UT doesn't have as much talent as any school in the country from year to year.

They have better coaches, a better system, better support from the school, and they've been recruiting guys who fit that system and who work hard toward a common goal.

Then you should probably stop arguing about their talent. When an underachieving team wins 8 games, that means they have high-level talent. UT had a lot of turmoil, started the season poorly and still won 8 games, played Baylor (having their best year EVER) in the final game for the conference championship and went to a bowl and ended the season nationally ranked.

Because the entitled fans and the boosters, who run the program, got it in their head that they could get Nick Saban or poach Briles from Baylor. They'd already forced Dodds out so that they wouldn't have anyone to stick up for Mack. They needed a scapegoat for the fact that they weren't winning national championships.

Actually, my argument is that UT is living on their reputation and Baylor isn't. Baylor is getting everything they can out of their talent and UT isn't, but the teams aren't really that far apart, and UT's massive talent advantage is the great equalizer. Baylor has better coaches, a better system, and doesn't have legions of entitled fans second-guessing everything that goes wrong or screeching for a new coach after the humiliation of back-to back 8-win seasons. They certainly don't have anyone saying that the recruiting class rankings must be wrong after a bad loss and wishing for even more four and five star recruits. I'm starting to understand why the Aggie fans are so glad to be in the SEC.

One losing season in the last 16 years, going to a bowl game every year. Oh, the severity of the humblings! How you hang on, I'll just never know. I can hardly imagine what it's like living with humiliating beat downs like that. I'm just an entitled Baylor fan. Baylor's loss to UNLV isn't nearly as embarrassing as UT losing 40-21 at BYU. The university should have had grief counselors at the stadium standing by.

I saw the Spurs beat teams with more talent a lot of times because they knew how to play like a team. One would think a fellow Spurs fan would see the value in that and how it translates to other sports.

You came on in 99 right? You don't know the soft Spurs and the can't win the big one Spurs.

People who'd don't know UTs history, don't understand. We have been throttled. And some people remember, I am one of them, you are not. History humbles all.

Oh and fck Nick Saban. I was one of the posters that wanted nothing to do with that ****. Briles, total respect. Us trying to get him, I don't know the inside story. But he'll yes we have a bunch of entitled Rich ass alumni that think they deserve what they don't and don't remember how to be humble.

That being said I personally will be proud of having a good team to watch with better people on the field. I hope Strong will be given time. Cause we are going to take some losses that build character. And the bowl thing is a cruel joke. We have had no business going to many bowl games. This its for the seniors stuff is BS. Let them be recognized and the banquet. Bowl games are ridiculously out of hand.

pgardn
10-03-2014, 07:22 PM
who's willie anderson?

Ask the old titty bars.

Avante
10-03-2014, 07:31 PM
who's willie anderson?

When I see that I think "Flipper" Anderson and old UCLA receiver.

Splits
10-04-2014, 01:50 AM
:lmao Baylor -16

I'm putting $1k on that, they'll cover +20

pgardn
10-04-2014, 06:41 AM
although some kids may base their destination on what city the get to reside in, i think that is less and less a factor than it may have been before. to assume that the reason UT had such success in recruiting was because it is based in austin is putting the cart before the horse. it was the name brand that got kids excited and being in austin didn't hurt. but kids can party and get laid in any college town for that matter. there is so much more to sell them now than just the city.

And UT has the huge selling points in other areas as well. There is a definite possibility of us taking a big slice of the pie again. But it might not be so good for the health of the conference.

Austin is still a huge attraction. The diversity of the UT atmosphere is still a big selling point. For out of State kids as well.

benefactor
10-04-2014, 12:17 PM
Daje is expected to play

Obstructed_View
10-04-2014, 12:25 PM
You came on in 99 right? You don't know the soft Spurs and the can't win the big one Spurs.
I moved to San Antonio in 1990, so they were pretty much always good, much like the Longhorns. It must be my Spurs fandom, because I'm having a hard time recognizing UT's history of struggles when Baylor is coming out of the worst stretch in the school's history.

People who'd don't know UTs history, don't understand. We have been throttled. And some people remember, I am one of them, you are not. History humbles all.
I do know UT's history. UT has fewer losing seasons since their founding than Baylor has since joining the Big XII. Again, educate me on what a spoiled fan I am.

That being said I personally will be proud of having a good team to watch with better people on the field. I hope Strong will be given time. Cause we are going to take some losses that build character. And the bowl thing is a cruel joke. We have had no business going to many bowl games. This its for the seniors stuff is BS. Let them be recognized and the banquet. Bowl games are ridiculously out of hand.
I hope he'll be given time, because I think the team's full of losers and he needs to purge that mentality. Those losers, whether you like it or not, are skating by on their immense talent, which is why they can have a terrible season and still win 8 games and go to a bowl, then say shit like, "We're still Texas". As for fans, most fans in college football would be proud of an 8-win team. It's kind of a sign of spoiled fans that they aren't, and take playing in non-BCS bowl games for granted.

benefactor
10-04-2014, 02:19 PM
My butthole is ready. Bring the big green dong.

Splits
10-04-2014, 02:25 PM
Will Petty play more than a half today?

benefactor
10-04-2014, 02:36 PM
Will Petty play more than a half today?
Actually...I expect the D will hang in there for a half...much like the BYU game.

Clipper Nation
10-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Strong about to take a wet shit all over Baylor and make Aggy even more miserable :lol

benefactor
10-04-2014, 02:42 PM
Defense doing it's thing so far.

benefactor
10-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Daje sighting

jeebus
10-04-2014, 02:54 PM
det Big 12 defense

Robz4000
10-04-2014, 02:55 PM
:lmao

benefactor
10-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Welp

leemajors
10-04-2014, 02:57 PM
:lmao rose isn't a lock from 35 :lmao why even try?

benefactor
10-04-2014, 02:59 PM
That was such a dumb fucking decision. So many bad outcomes. Just punt and play field position.

TFloss32
10-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Awful FG decision.

benefactor
10-04-2014, 03:12 PM
Swoopes is looking like the moment is too big for him. Lots of off throws and now a pick.

benefactor
10-04-2014, 03:21 PM
Man this defense is good. Come offense, fucking do something.

TFloss32
10-04-2014, 03:22 PM
Such a shame the offense can't help the defense at all.

DMX7
10-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Swoopes is looking like the moment is too big for him. Lots of off throws and now a pick.

They stepped up the pressure, he has had ZERO time to throw. Watson needs to make better calls, screen plays or something to counter the pressure.

benefactor
10-04-2014, 03:40 PM
Unreal. What a stand.

DMX7
10-04-2014, 03:41 PM
Wow, defense showed up to play!

benefactor
10-04-2014, 03:48 PM
Bailed out with call.

Stop. Running. The. Zone. Read.

benefactor
10-04-2014, 03:56 PM
Dammit holding again

benefactor
10-04-2014, 03:58 PM
:lol...well played, Gray.

Obstructed_View
10-04-2014, 04:01 PM
Gee, look at all the talent UT doesn't have. :lol

jeebus
10-04-2014, 04:03 PM
rofl. UT looking like the aggies out there

benefactor
10-04-2014, 04:03 PM
Kick in the balls after that drive.

DMX7
10-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Raulerson needs to get the fuck off this team.

leemajors
10-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Have they run a play out of that formation all year?

TFloss32
10-04-2014, 04:05 PM
F me. Killing ourselves while shutting out Baylor.

Obstructed_View
10-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Petty looks like he did against OK State last year. UT better find a way to take advantage of it.

Blake
10-04-2014, 04:22 PM
:lmao Baylor -16

I'm putting $1k on that, they'll cover +20

No you didn't

Bill_Brasky
10-04-2014, 04:52 PM
if Texas had anything resembling an offense they would be blowing Baylor out.

jeebus
10-04-2014, 05:09 PM
#FreeGarrettGilbert

Obstructed_View
10-04-2014, 05:29 PM
if Texas had anything resembling an offense they would be blowing Baylor out.

I think if Texas had anything resembling an offense Baylor wouldn't be playing ball control from the opening kickoff. Looks like the whole point was to wear down the defense.

TFloss32
10-04-2014, 05:44 PM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/f0a4f3d010bf9777e99cd280f61b320c/tumblr_mmpdaeDyJ51sp6w8ko1_500.gif

leemajors
10-04-2014, 05:58 PM
I think if Texas had anything resembling an offense Baylor wouldn't be playing ball control from the opening kickoff. Looks like the whole point was to wear down the defense.

I guess, UT's offense does that job pretty well already.

BlueTiger
10-04-2014, 06:14 PM
UT is trying to challenge SMU for the worst offense this year. So hard to watch. Maybe we can get Charlie Weis on staff to help recruit with his fitting pitch for UT.

"Everyone wants to play. There's no one that wants to not play," Weis said, before recalling what he'd tell recruits. "I said, 'Have you looked at that pile of crap out there? Have you taken a look at that? So if you don't think you can play here, where do you think you can play?"

Is Heard seriously considered worse than what we have out running offense now? I don't see how he could be...

Bill_Brasky
10-04-2014, 06:15 PM

The defense wore down because the offense couldnt stay on the field. Texas had no trouble stopping Baylor. The trouble for them is that they look like a different team on offense.

Kermit
10-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Fucking abortion of an offense.

IronMexican
10-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Strong about to take a wet shit all over Baylor and make Aggy even more miserable :lol

Why does your jabroni ass ride Texas so hard?

Obstructed_View
10-04-2014, 10:19 PM
The defense wore down because the offense couldnt stay on the field. Texas had no trouble stopping Baylor. The trouble for them is that they look like a different team on offense.
Unless I'm remembering it wrong, UT dominated time of possession in the first half. That doesn't sound like an offense that couldn't stay on the field. Texas had an awfully hard time stopping Baylor's running game in the second half, which is the only reason the time of possession looks close on the box score.

AFBlue
10-04-2014, 11:10 PM
Hard to call a 21pt win ugly, but that's exactly what it was for Baylor. Petty, Goodley, the defensive front...they all had several miscues and never really got into a groove. If not for big momentum plays like the UT goal line fumble or the converted fake punt to extend a Baylor drive, this game could have had an entirely different outcome. Fortunately special teams and the running backs showed up to play...shout out Blackshear, Linwood and Jefferson.

Petty and the passing game will need to show up in Waco next week big time to keep the Playoff dream alive, because TCU looks legit. Gonna try to get up there for that one!

leemajors
10-04-2014, 11:15 PM
Hard to call a 21pt win ugly, but that's exactly what it was for Baylor. Petty, Goodley, the defensive front...they all had several miscues and never really got into a groove. If not for big momentum plays like the UT goal line fumble or the converted fake punt to extend a Baylor drive, this game could have had an entirely different outcome. Fortunately special teams and the running backs showed up to play...shout out Blackshear, Linwood and Jefferson.

Petty and the passing game will need to show up in Waco next week big time to keep the Playoff dream alive, because TCU looks legit. Gonna try to get up there for that one!

The TCU/OK game was amazing, saw a lot of the second half once it was 21-0 Baylor. Should be a great game next week too.

Splits
10-05-2014, 12:39 AM
No you didn't

Oh yes I did, and just landed in the Frankfurt airport with a 5 hour layover, headed to the casino to try and double up.

Blake
10-05-2014, 12:46 AM
Oh yes I did, and just landed in the Frankfurt airport with a 5 hour layover, headed to the casino to try and double up.

bold play, imo, but well done :tu

pgardn
10-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Gee, look at all the talent UT doesn't have. :lol

You don't have a clue...

Look at our offense. Look at our QB. Look at our Oline. And our safety position is also minor league.

You should not post on a team you have watched one game seriously.

pgardn
10-05-2014, 09:23 AM
Folks, Swoopes has absolutely zero intuition as a QB. Zero. He is not a long term answer. He is a robot. Take a look at those short throws wide open to a player in stride... He throws it in every position possible to throw them off stride. Get Heard ready this season somehow. Swoopes is going nowhere even if he has a bad offensive line.

pgardn
10-05-2014, 09:28 AM
Folks, Swoopes has absolutely zero intuition as a QB. Zero. He is not a long term answer. He is a robot. Take a look at those short throws wide open to a player in stride... He throws it in every position possible to throw them off stride. Get Heard ready this season somehow. Swoopes is going nowhere even if he has a bad offensive line. Our D is also vulnerable, teams just have to test our saftey position.

Baylor just sat on the ball knowing we woul eventually f up. They really did not have to worry much. They played the type of safe game that was needed to beat an inept team. This was the Kansas game all over again but against a superior opponent.

pgardn
10-05-2014, 10:33 AM
Same basic pattern. The opponent figures out we don't have an offense a the defensive depth is not extensive enough.
Oklahoma just took a pretty bad loss for them. We are again facing a team with superior football talent. Only their QB is not injured and their recievers won't drop wide open passes after watching Baylor tape.

This is really difficult to take.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2014, 03:15 AM
You don't have a clue...

Look at our offense. Look at our QB. Look at our Oline. And our safety position is also minor league.

You should not post on a team you have watched one game seriously.
Yeah, dude, I'm looking. Baylor, unlike Texas, doesn't just load up with superior personnel and show up thinking they'll win.

There's a difference between talent and discipline, and there's a difference between talent and experience. There's a difference between talent and a winning record. Hell, there's a difference between talent and the RIGHT talent. That's the difference between UT and Baylor. Baylor has three star recruits that are playing for something. UT has four and five star recruits that aren't.

Seriously, look at the recruiting thread in this forum; UT had more talent visiting in the stands than Baylor has on the field. :lol

It sucks for Texas that the QB had to be brought along a year earlier due to injury, and it sucks for Texas that the team is adjusting to a coaching change, and I'm sympathetic to that, but from most of the country's point of view, UT has an embarrassment of riches from a recruiting and talent standpoint. I know it's been a little down lately, as they've only been top-20 instead of top-3, but it's still better than just about anyone (Baylor's ONLY near-5-star recruit in recent memory is transferring to Bowling Green because he got kicked off the team for drugs). UT simply isn't losing because of their inability to win recruits, especially against Baylor.

I think Texas had only the second-best recruiting class in the Big XII this season, which must be an outrage. I understand how that's cause for a revolt in Austin, and it must be nice to come to rely on that kind of influx in personnel every single year and think it's just run of the mill. "We didn't get any five-star recruits and only got four times as many four-star recruits as Baylor but we need more good players" is the fan equivalent of "We're still UT". Ain't enough talent in the world to rectify that attitude.

Obstructed_View
10-06-2014, 03:20 AM
This is really difficult to take.

As a fan of a team that went 12 years without a single bowl appearance, and had one winning season between the departure of Grant Teaff and the arrival of Art Briles, I simply have no words to console you.

rjv
10-06-2014, 10:38 AM
horns defense showed up but i feel for gray and malcolm brown. they deserve a better offense than that.

pgardn
10-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Yeah, dude, I'm looking. Baylor, unlike Texas, doesn't just load up with superior personnel and show up thinking they'll win.

There's a difference between talent and discipline, and there's a difference between talent and experience. There's a difference between talent and a winning record. Hell, there's a difference between talent and the RIGHT talent. That's the difference between UT and Baylor. Baylor has three star recruits that are playing for something. UT has four and five star recruits that aren't.

Seriously, look at the recruiting thread in this forum; UT had more talent visiting in the stands than Baylor has on the field. :lol

It sucks for Texas that the QB had to be brought along a year earlier due to injury, and it sucks for Texas that the team is adjusting to a coaching change, and I'm sympathetic to that, but from most of the country's point of view, UT has an embarrassment of riches from a recruiting and talent standpoint. I know it's been a little down lately, as they've only been top-20 instead of top-3, but it's still better than just about anyone (Baylor's ONLY near-5-star recruit in recent memory is transferring to Bowling Green because he got kicked off the team for drugs). UT simply isn't losing because of their inability to win recruits, especially against Baylor.

I think Texas had only the second-best recruiting class in the Big XII this season, which must be an outrage. I understand how that's cause for a revolt in Austin, and it must be nice to come to rely on that kind of influx in personnel every single year and think it's just run of the mill. "We didn't get any five-star recruits and only got four times as many four-star recruits as Baylor but we need more good players" is the fan equivalent of "We're still UT". Ain't enough talent in the world to rectify that attitude.

I have not been talking about recruiting. Do people pay attention to the title of threads anymore? And how many time must I repeat the same thing...

This thread was about the Texas Baylor game this year...There is another recruiting thread.
You said Baylor had less talent on the field I called BS. It's pretty clear.

pgardn
10-06-2014, 06:40 PM
As a fan of a team that went 12 years without a single bowl appearance, and had one winning season between the departure of Grant Teaff and the arrival of Art Briles, I simply have no words to console you.

Did I ask you to console me...

Bowl games like some Frkn Muffler bowl are ridiculous. Texas had no business playing Oregon last year.
Bottom line was Briles saw that Texas was not good enough to do anything to really hurt a realively poor game by Baylor. They should be in the hunt for a conference title and have a very good chance to win it with very good talent and a good coach.

pgardn
10-06-2014, 06:47 PM
horns defense showed up but i feel for gray and malcolm brown. they deserve a better offense than that.

Gray and especially Malcolm Brown are not even as good this year as they were before. Gray, we will have to see. Brown is just toast. He is just not very good anymore. Injuries and time will do the culling...

Obstructed_View
10-06-2014, 10:07 PM
You said Baylor had less talent on the field I called BS. It's pretty clear.

I said Baylor had less talent and showed you how many ways you're wrong when you called BS. It's pretty clear that you're the entitled fan you keep accusing me of being.

Did I ask you to console me...
When you say "this is really hard to take", to a BAYLOR FAN, yes, you're asking for pity, which is quite possibly the most-utterly laughable thing in the universe.

pgardn
10-07-2014, 09:55 PM
I said Baylor had less talent and showed you how many ways you're wrong when you called BS. It's pretty clear that you're the entitled fan you keep accusing me of being.

When you say "this is really hard to take", to a BAYLOR FAN, yes, you're asking for pity, which is quite possibly the most-utterly laughable thing in the universe.

Oh get off it. When did I accuse you of being an entitled fan? Where?
Baylor has more talent. It's obvious this year.
You keep deflecting with this silly recruiting argument. So because you are a Baylor fan, you are uniquely talented in determining which fans are asking for sympathy? What is this, some sort of bad joke?

Obstructed_View
10-08-2014, 04:57 AM
Oh get off it. When did I accuse you of being an entitled fan? Where?

Baylor has more talent. It's obvious this year.
You keep deflecting with this silly recruiting argument.
Baylor has a better team. It's obvious the last few years. You keep thinking it has to do with the talent that's coming in. Retardedly, you think talent has nothing to do with recruiting. Does UT just recruit all these 4 star players and then let them go? Or are they refusing to play them? Explain to me how the Longhorns are fielding a bunch of walk-ons, because that's the only rational explanation when they're using up all their scholarships on highly-ranked players.

pgardn
10-08-2014, 09:27 PM
Baylor has a better team. It's obvious the last few years. You keep thinking it has to do with the talent that's coming in. Retardedly, you think talent has nothing to do with recruiting. Does UT just recruit all these 4 star players and then let them go? Or are they refusing to play them? Explain to me how the Longhorns are fielding a bunch of walk-ons, because that's the only rational explanation when they're using up all their scholarships on highly-ranked players.

Why do you think Mack Brown is no longer a coach at UT? Again?

Yes Baylor has a better team. Yes Baylor has better players this year. Line the starters from both teams up and compare. And again I dont give a fck about how they were rated in HS. Why do you keep returning to the stars? If you want a true take on what the pros think about UT talent look at the draft.

This post was about the Baylor and UT players who played this year. This years game, pull yourself out of their HS star stat.

pgardn
10-08-2014, 09:31 PM
So you did hop on the Spurs in 99, AFTER the championship?

And you ride with Baylor NOW?

You have indicated differently with your self pity meter.

Obstructed_View
10-09-2014, 07:44 AM
So you did hop on the Spurs in 99, AFTER the championship?

And you ride with Baylor NOW?

You have indicated differently with your self pity meter.

You must be drunk. I've indicated exactly when and why I root for Baylor and the Spurs. Even Gregg Popovich doesn't have as high a winning percentage as UT football.

Fucktard.

Kermit
10-09-2014, 02:21 PM
This thread is way more entertaining than the game. Carry on.

Robz4000
10-09-2014, 03:57 PM
Part II on Saturday. Should be fun!

pgardn
10-09-2014, 09:54 PM
You must be drunk. I've indicated exactly when and why I root for Baylor and the Spurs. Even Gregg Popovich doesn't have as high a winning percentage as UT football.

Fucktard.

What...

Im supposed to know this?

This has gone from silly to bizzare.
WTF does Popovich and UTs football record have to do with the fact Baylor has better football players THIS YEAR?

Just start over.

pgardn
10-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Folks, Swoopes has absolutely zero intuition as a QB. Zero. He is not a long term answer. He is a robot. Take a look at those short throws wide open to a player in stride... He throws it in every position possible to throw them off stride. Get Heard ready this season somehow. Swoopes is going nowhere even if he has a bad offensive line.

I really hope this post, along with others, proves I am an idiot.