PDA

View Full Version : 49ers fans : would you rather have Alex Smith now?

lefty
09-30-2014, 09:21 AM
Srs

DeadlyDynasty
09-30-2014, 09:35 AM
To be fair, my nigga HI-FI always wanted Smith instead

Clipper Nation
09-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Not like they'd be winning shit with Smith either, he's just limited in different ways than Kraep....

N0 LyF3 ScRuB
09-30-2014, 10:02 AM
I bet they wish they had Cam tho

http://alltheragefaces.com/img/usercreated/4f71f0e5ddde9.png

Trill Clinton
09-30-2014, 10:14 AM
smith had 7-8 seasons to do what kaep did in half a season. iirc, smith also had play clock issue management as well. 49ers need to just commit to the run. there is no reason for the 3-4 wide sets when crabtree stays getting hurt, vernon davis is banged up and you have frank gore on your team.

Avante
09-30-2014, 11:00 AM
Yep!

lefty
09-30-2014, 11:10 AM
Just saw this on BSPN

:lol Harbaugh

San Francisco has scored three points after halftime this season. The 49ers have been outscored by 49 points in the second half this season, worst in the league.

(but I think this stat is 1 week old)

hehateme
09-30-2014, 11:22 AM
I always stated Alex Smith should still be starting over kraep. Now we are stuck 61mil in the hole with a fuckstick who can't even beat a delay of game.

Avante
09-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Alex Smith won't lose games for you. He plays it smart.

Kaepernick wants to be a rock star, not good!

lefty
09-30-2014, 11:40 AM
who can't even beat a delay of game.
"timeout, timeout !!!!! "

Raven
09-30-2014, 12:50 PM
Not like they'd be winning shit with Smith either, he's just limited in different ways than Kraep....

not winning two years ago was harder then not tbh... Smith would have won it and fairly easily too imo

Robz4000
09-30-2014, 01:05 PM
Neither, but gun to my head: Smith. They'd be set if they'd only kept McCoy imo.

Infinite_limit
09-30-2014, 02:43 PM
With the weapons currently on the roster (3 WRs, 2 RBs & TE) I rather have Alex Smith. He is better at quick & short passes putting the ball into the hands of playmakers. The offense with Kaepernick is so slow and drawn out. It consists of Kaepernick throwing long passes that result in 0 YAC.

Kaepernick would be better for the 2011 49ers who started Kyle Williams at WR

Infinite_limit
09-30-2014, 02:43 PM
Saw this on another forum

Just had to unfollow Kaepernick on Instgram.

The fame has officially went to this @ssholes head. He's trying to play the Tom Brady model role except for....well....you know...he hasn't won a goddamn Superbowl.

The worst isn't even his pictures. It's this fukking idiots captions and blatant arrogance two days after a mediocre performance and 1/4 of a season which he's been average at best.

I hate that we have to watch Wilson win Superbowls while our QB is content playing like ass and filming commercials.

/rant

The problem is I'm not worried about him doing this stuff instead of focusing on football. I don't believe his modeling gigs are what is causing him to blow at football.

My issue is that he's literally let fame go to his head. You can see it. His entire vibe went from humble and here to work to being Mr NorCal and talking chit.

His game still has potential, sadly his character seems to have hit it's ceiling. You're supposed to get LESS douchey the older you get. Not the reverse.

SupremeGuy
09-30-2014, 07:48 PM
The Niners would actually be a threat with Smith right now, so fuck it, it's a good thing they have Kraep. lol

That Skeeter-looking motherfucker is going to get his coach fired, tbh. :lol

09-30-2014, 10:36 PM
I bet Harbaugh regrets it. Smith did nothing to lose his job and was coming off a season where they were a fumble away from the super bowl.

Infinite_limit
09-30-2014, 10:42 PM
I bet Harbaugh regrets it. Smith did nothing to lose his job and was coming off a season where they were a fumble away from the super bowl.
Yes but that is because Kaepernick seems to have no progressed at all. And gone from humble guy to model & "Haters everywhere" dipshit

lefty
09-30-2014, 10:46 PM
So that angry 49ers fan decided to unfollow Krap on Instagram?

:lol Like Krap gives a fuck
:lol and why was he following him on Instagram?
:lol and :lol Instagram

Infinite_limit
09-30-2014, 11:08 PM
So that angry 49ers fan decided to unfollow Krap on Instagram?

:lol Like Krap gives a fuck
:lol and why was he following him on Instagram?
:lol and :lol Instagram
Kaepernig ruining American Football for me. Want to see him fail but he plays for my team. Wish he would have career ending injury or traded to Cardinals

lefty
09-30-2014, 11:19 PM
Kaepernig ruining American Football for me. Want to see him fail but he plays for my team. Wish he would have career ending injury or traded to Cardinals
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/f9/9f/38/f99f38a10e08d4e721f46f8ee638bfa4.jpg

HI-FI
10-01-2014, 12:09 AM
To be fair, my nigga HI-FI (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=34236) always wanted Smith instead
:tu mah nig.

yeah, on ST and elsewhere I said I wasn't cool with that benching. I defended Smith during the dark days, and while he didn't live up to my own expectations, he was finally hitting his peak and deserved better. Niners just had to roll the dice on monkeyball. Fwiw, I liked drafting Kaepernick but Niners should've never fucked over Smith like that. I do believe had they stuck with Smith, continued to use Kaep in certain formations, Niners would've won that year. Whenever Kaep does something douchetastic or struggles with running an offense, I really miss Smith on the team. Tbf, Kaep can make certain plays Smith can't, but if Kaep had to go through 5-6 different systems in 6 years, his head would've exploded.

Andy Reid and Smith are a good combo though imo.

spurraider21
10-01-2014, 12:10 AM
at least kaep never goes full retard

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7294/9741446205_23799c01ac_o.gif

Malik Hairston
10-01-2014, 12:20 AM
People are knee-jerking to Alex Smith having a good game vs. New England last night, tbh:lol..

Kaepernick is an airhead that can't read a defense, but his potential is obvious and he has already shown flashes of greatness in the playoffs..he hasn't progressed as planned, but it's still a risk you take when your previous QB was just a very good game manager that won't be able to carry you when you need big plays..for example, there's no way Alex Smith destroys Green Bay twice like Kaepernick did with his legs..

It should also be mentioned that the 9ers have been in decline in every non-QB facet the past few years, they're getting older and injuries/suspensions have clearly taken a toll..

Raven
10-01-2014, 08:05 AM
People are knee-jerking to Alex Smith having a good game vs. New England last night, tbh:lol..

Kaepernick is an airhead that can't read a defense, but his potential is obvious and he has already shown flashes of greatness in the playoffs..he hasn't progressed as planned, but it's still a risk you take when your previous QB was just a very good game manager that won't be able to carry you when you need big plays..for example, there's no way Alex Smith destroys Green Bay twice like Kaepernick did with his legs..

It should also be mentioned that the 9ers have been in decline in every non-QB facet the past few years, they're getting older and injuries/suspensions have clearly taken a toll..

the problem is that that's the most important thing for a qb, much more important than actually being able to throw.

Trainwreck2100
10-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Has more to do with Gore not being as effective this year. So he can't hide behind his RB like the one in Seattle

Infinite_limit
10-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Has more to do with Gore not being as effective this year. So he can't hide behind his RB like the one in Seattle
MAYBE Kaepernick has improved. But whatever amount that might be is neglected by the decline of the Offensive Line. But WTF is expected when your Quarterback who is not and will never be an MVP candidate just took a pay increase from $800,000 to 19 Million. The pieces around him are expectantly worsening.

Davis is injured
Iupati has declined significantly. He's still a solid moving run blocker
Staley is about the same

The bigger problem is if you look at the Starting Lineup, most of the guys are from Pre-Harbaugh regime. The drafting under Baalke/Jim is kinda wishy washy. Sure everyone raves over the catches Lloyd makes in practice but this guy was on the street a year ago and he's seeing the field instead of Patton & Ellington? Lemonier doesn't look like a long term starter & Lattimore as of now will not be a legitimate NFL running back. How is Tank not seeing the field? 1st Round Pick Jimmie Ward, who was an obvious reach on Draft Day doesn't belong on an NFL field as of this moment.

Without Reid & Hyde, it would be looking scary.

Infinite_limit
10-02-2014, 12:55 PM
Internet model claims she is pregnant with Kaepernick's baby

http://i2.mediatakeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Colin_Kaeperneck_Preggers2.jpghttp://www.trimmedandtoned.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/brittany-renner-fitness-model.jpghttp://fast-images.picyou.com/images/zGCSO6/zGCSO6.jpghttp://cs618018.vk.me/v618018045/7831/Ulzt0FSjOug.jpghttp://cs614716.vk.me/v614716038/b9c5/wcDWHRYecwo.jpg

Avante
10-02-2014, 01:09 PM
You can't take your best backer/pass rusher off any team and expect things to be the same. Now add a gimpy stud TE.

While Kaepernick will never be among the elite QB's in the league, he doesn't have to be playing the stype of ball the Niners play. And yes I 'd rather have Smith, simply because he gives his receivers more time to get open. While he can run some what he's not going to go 50 yards like Kaep can.

Why the Niners don't just run the hell out of Gore/Hyde. play that D....???? They are putting too much in Kaep's hands and it makes no sense.

Infinite_limit
10-02-2014, 01:11 PM
You can't take your best backer/pass rusher off any team and expect things to be the same. Now add a gimpy stud TE.

While Kaepernick will never be among the elite QB's in the league, he doesn't have to be playing the stype of ball the Niners play. And yes I 'd rather have Smith, simply because he gives his receivers more time to get open. While he can run some what he's not going to go 50 yards like Kaep can.

Why the Niners don't just run the hell out of Gore/Hyde. play that D....???? They are putting too much in Kaep's hands and it makes no sense.
The Oline declined. Pounding the ball hasn't had the same results as in the past.

Chinook
10-02-2014, 01:59 PM
at least kaep never goes full retard

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7294/9741446205_23799c01ac_o.gif

:cry Johnny just makes it work -- FKLA

Chinook
10-02-2014, 01:59 PM
Internet model claims she is pregnant with Kaepernick's baby

http://i2.mediatakeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Colin_Kaeperneck_Preggers2.jpghttp://www.trimmedandtoned.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/brittany-renner-fitness-model.jpghttp://fast-images.picyou.com/images/zGCSO6/zGCSO6.jpghttp://cs618018.vk.me/v618018045/7831/Ulzt0FSjOug.jpghttp://cs614716.vk.me/v614716038/b9c5/wcDWHRYecwo.jpg

Not bad, but liked that other one from a couple years ago better.

Avante
10-02-2014, 02:12 PM
The Oline declined. Pounding the ball hasn't had the same results as in the past.

That's not true at all, they are 6th ranked in the league with a 4.5 average. They just don't do it enought.

Raven
10-02-2014, 02:13 PM
^ :lol talk about a fake body.. might as well fuck a sex doll :lol

btw is ward that bad tbh ?

JohnnyMax
10-02-2014, 06:37 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/captain-checkdown.jpg

lefty
10-05-2014, 07:52 PM
Bump

Lol

Malik Hairston
10-05-2014, 07:53 PM

Knee-jerk, tbh, Alex Smith still sucks..

ShinerBlack
10-07-2014, 07:46 PM
They basically got Hyde for Smith, all the other picks haven't panned out, so the trade overall wasn't bad. It wasn't a one-sided trade like everyone thought after all. I doubt SF wants Smith back, sometimes players and teams need to go separate ways.

Infinite_limit
10-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Kaepernick had a slightly superior game. Which ever team had future HOF Frank Gore won

lefty
10-19-2014, 09:07 PM
tbqh

The Reckoning
10-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Not bad, but liked that other one from a couple years ago better.

i'd give her my sperm

lefty
11-27-2014, 11:11 PM
:lol

Raven
11-28-2014, 04:44 AM
bitches about to friend zone Crappydick

Dre_7
11-28-2014, 04:25 PM
I don't want Smith. I just want an OC and coaching staff that will use Kap properly. :(

And some SPEED on offense.

spurraider21
11-28-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't want Smith. I just want an OC and coaching staff that will use Kap properly. :(

And some SPEED on offense.
the way to use kaep properly is to change his position or bench him

Dre_7
11-28-2014, 04:34 PM
the way to use kaep properly is to change his position or bench him

I just want to see him on the move more. When he was at his best was when he was moving around more, running more read option, and throwing on the run. Not sitting in the pocket forcing passes into coverage. Especially in the direction of Sherman. Now, I know a lot of it is on Kap, but he is young and still learning the position and when his confidance gets shaken, he plays ugly. They need to get him moving, get some first downs, get his confidance up a little bit, let the defense worry about his legs too, not just his arm. I am not excusing his play at all, I just wish he (and everyone else) was put into a better position to win. I have slowly been losing faith in G. Roman the past couple of years, last night's game was the final nail in the coffin for me. Fire Greg Roman!

Infinite_limit
11-28-2014, 04:40 PM
I just want to see him on the move more. When he was at his best was when he was moving around more, running more read option, and throwing on the run. Not sitting in the pocket forcing passes into coverage. Especially in the direction of Sherman. Now, I know a lot of it is on Kap, but he is young and still learning the position and when his confidance gets shaken, he plays ugly. They need to get him moving, get some first downs, get his confidance up a little bit, let the defense worry about his legs too, not just his arm. I am not excusing his play at all, I just wish he (and everyone else) was put into a better position to win. I have slowly been losing faith in G. Roman the past couple of years, last night's game was the final nail in the coffin for me. Fire Greg Roman!
He will be 28 years old next season. That is not young. If you mean to say he is novice to playing within a typical NFL offense, then I agree.

Everything about Kaepernick reeks of average NFL QB
- Weird delivery/mechanics
- Struggles mentally
- Off setting Ego

Time to cut our ties. Ask yourself, would you actually fear facing Kaepernick twice a year in our division? I think he would be rather easy to frustrate and force into turnovers.

Kaep's career numbers versus Seahawks. They don't even list Fumbles Lost
http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac255/kegstermd/Kaepernick_zpsd8a9f1d1.png

spurraider21
11-28-2014, 04:58 PM
that's the problem. he isn't learning, and he isn't improving. he's basically what he was when he first came in for Alex Smith. he's a terrific athlete but a mediocre passer. he thrived when the offensive line was the best unit in the league for years, when vernon davis was an elite weapon, and when the ground game was already amazing which made his read-option game better.

he has shown no progress in his ability as a QB, and for the past few years he has arguably been on the most complete team in the league. elite defense, elite o-line, elite ground game, and an above average cast of receiving weapons.

Infinite_limit
11-28-2014, 05:08 PM
Super Bowl here we come!

http://i.imgur.com/1b63LWi.png

Robz4000
11-28-2014, 05:09 PM
I want Colt McChrist back

HI-FI
11-28-2014, 05:20 PM
I want Colt McChrist back
this.

why did they give him up, for blaine fucking Gabbert? did McCoy want too much? shit I just want a smart game manager and great o-line (ie i never was cool with letting Smith go).

Raven
11-28-2014, 06:16 PM
That assumes that he is not running by choice, but the truth is that defenses are already calibrated for the read option and know exactly what to do. It was a gimmicky system from the start, so it was never gonna last. You can also see who teams are drafting faster linebackers and strong safetys instead of hard hitting ones.. all black qbs have been struggling for long enough now to assume that monkeying around is not something to be considered as a positive for qbs. They should even give negative points in fantasy tbh