PDA

View Full Version : New TV series review : Scorpion and How To Get Away With Murder

cantthinkofanything
09-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Scorpion : utterly unbelievable but was an enjoyable show. non-stop action. kind of a new era A-Team.

How to Get Away With Murder : so so. I liked her better as a maid.

Chinook
09-30-2014, 01:13 PM
Scorpion looks beyond awful to me from looking at the previews. May try watching after the season is over, just in case I end up really liking it.

hehateme
09-30-2014, 01:19 PM
Scorpion looks beyond awful to me from looking at the previews. May try watching after the season is over, just in case I end up really liking it.

It's ok. Kind of like Big Bang Theory with less humour, plot twists, autistic people all over the place, an Asian girl with a manly voice who would probably anal rape you and then fix your car, and that guy from American Pie who shit himself.

Chinook
09-30-2014, 01:21 PM
It's ok. Kind of like Big Bang Theory with less humour, plot twists, autistic people all over the place, an Asian girl with a manly voice who would probably anal rape you and then fix your car, and that guy from American Pie who shit himself.

I'm not sure you could have given me a description that would make me less desirous to see it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
09-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Not to damn Scorpion with faint praise but what I saw of one episode I can say that the show has a a pretty good grip on its identity for a show just starting out. It's nothing I want to watch but it's got no pretensions of depth either.

Watched the first episode of HTGAWM. Less than impressed. Too much shit going on and not enough talent to carry it. I think there's a highly watchable legal show built around Viola Davis to be made here but if it's going to be a 50/50 split with the Scooby Doo gang then this show isn't worth it.

CosmicCowboy
09-30-2014, 03:06 PM
]Scorpion : utterly unbelievable but was an enjoyable show.[/B] non-stop action. kind of a new era A-Team.

How to Get Away With Murder : so so. I liked her better as a maid.

Aw, c'mon...the girl standing on tiptoe out of the top of a Ferrari at 200mph plugging the 110V extension cord hanging down from the jetliner into the USB port of the lap top was totally believable...you can't do that?

hehateme
09-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Aw, c'mon...the girl standing on tiptoe out of the top of a Ferrari at 200mph plugging the 110V extension cord hanging down from the jetliner into the USB port of the lap top was totally believable...you can't do that?

It was an Ethernet cable...they weren't charging the fucker.

cantthinkofanything
09-30-2014, 03:51 PM

Lol. That's funny you mentioned that. As crazy as the whole show was, that was the one part where me and my wife looked at each other and said, "really?". In retrospect, I'm thinking (hoping) that it was tongue in cheek and that every episode will have something just as unbelievable and ridiculous.

cantthinkofanything
09-30-2014, 03:52 PM
It was an Ethernet cable...they weren't charging the fucker.

Lol. Exactly. They were just downloading a program.

tlongII
09-30-2014, 09:09 PM
I liked Scorpion. The main character and the genius psychologist type guy were both well played.