PDA

View Full Version : Will sports as entertainment be phased out one day

cantthinkofanything
10-02-2014, 11:22 AM
I love sports but I wonder if at some point in the evolution of man, people will start to question the point of it all and sports as entertainment will disappear. If one thinks about it too long, it doesn't make much sense why we should get enjoyment about watching some guy throwing a ball to another. How the fuck is my life any better by paying to to watch some people run around and play basketball? Logically, it should have zero impact on my life whether or not this particular group of 12 guys plays basketball better than another. And yet, I have spent thousands of dollars on TV subscriptions, games, gear, etc.

The Reckoning
10-02-2014, 11:31 AM
no

lefty
10-02-2014, 11:33 AM
Murican government wants Muricans to sit through very long games of baseball and football, and long regular seasons

So you don't spend your free time wondering about what the government is really doing

Murican government created those major leagues to keep you entertained

leemajors
10-02-2014, 11:45 AM
#oculus

Spur|n|Austin
10-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Considering that they've only increased in popularity since 7000 BC, then no..

RD2191
10-02-2014, 01:00 PM
Considering that they've only increased in popularity since 7000 BC, then no..
:lol

RsxPiimp
10-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Doubt it, I think sports provides a safe outlet for many peoples repressed aggression, desire and pride. It represents the mindset of human civilization, it either bring people together or also set them apart.

cantthinkofanything
10-02-2014, 01:10 PM
for the most part, ya'll are some simple minded fucks...

cantthinkofanything
10-02-2014, 01:11 PM
and to clarify, I'm not talking about playing sports.

lefty
10-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Random gif
:bobo

cantthinkofanything
10-02-2014, 01:13 PM
and the correct answer is yet btw. given enough time.

cantthinkofanything
10-02-2014, 01:13 PM
Random gif

test

lefty
10-02-2014, 01:14 PM
test

It works

Congrats

cantthinkofanything
10-02-2014, 01:15 PM
huh. a few seconds ago, the timing between your toasting Diaw avatar was different than your post. Now...tandem toasting synchronized Diaws.

cantthinkofanything
10-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Random gif

test

It works

Congrats

what about now?

Avante
10-02-2014, 01:57 PM
Of course not, as a matter of fact there is more right now than ever before and will be more ten years from now that we see today.

Stupid question.

CosmicCowboy
10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Advertisers won't let sports die. Thats why they pay so much for commercials. Sports are the only thing people watch in real time (including the commercials) and don't DVR.

Infinite_limit
10-02-2014, 02:28 PM
Murican government wants Muricans to sit through very long games of baseball and football, and long regular seasons

So you don't spend your free time wondering about what the government is really doing

Murican government created those major leagues to keep you entertained
Well said Lefty

It's a no fail system. The athletes refunnel their millions engaging in Capitalistic Materialism while egging on and making the general public drool over all the toys they mysteriously wish they could own.

Far less is known of athletes personal lives overseas. In the USA, they are idolized celebrities.

Until the weird American relationship between Universities & Sports breaks, I don't see the addiction to sports significantly changing. Technology: Little League Softball games being aired on television only fuels it.

lefty
10-02-2014, 02:33 PM
what about now?

its working

Well said Lefty

It's a no fail system. The athletes refunnel their millions engaging in Capitalistic Materialism while egging on and making the general public drool over all the toys they mysteriously wish they could own.

Far less is known of athletes personal lives overseas. In the USA, they are idolized celebrities.

Until the weird American relationship between Universities & Sports breaks, I don't see the addiction to sports significantly changing. Technology: Little League Softball games being aired on television only fuels it.
OMG Murica is the only country where college sports are so popular, holy shit... the attendance, the TV coverage ... In other countries, nobody gives a fuck about universities leagues :lol